- Text Size +

CHAPTER 14: REUNION

 

CARL

 

“That’s what you took from this entire thing?!”  Debs snaps at him.

 

Just then Slick comes in.  “What entire thing? What’s going on?”  She looks from Debs to me.

 

“Slick this is…”  Debs begins to explain.

 

“Wait Debbie, we have no way of knowing what she’s said is true.”  I caution.  “Can we use the office?  Slick come with us.”

 

Debs leads us to the office but Slick pauses as she passes Michael’s booth.  “Wait guys.  Ben, is this anything to do with Justin or Brian?”  He nods; then quick as a flash she snatches Michael’s phone off the table. “You get it back when we’re done.”  She growls.

 

“Hey you can’t take my phone!”  Michael shouts and tries to reach for it but Ben pulls him back to sit down.

 

“Leave it Michael, you’ll get it back!”  Ben rebukes him.  “Kiki can we order please?”

 

DINER OFFICE

 

SLICK

 

“Okay someone catch me up?  Though if you are who I think you are I figure I can guess?”

 

“My name is Jennifer Taylor and this is Daphne Chanders.”  She clears her throat and wipes her eyes.  “And this is my son and her best friend.  We had no idea he was still in Pittsburgh after my now ex told me he had run away to New York. We only found out when Daphne happened across this article and we called them. They said this would be the best place to start.”

 

“Uh huh.”  I eye them carefully.  “Got any ID on you for Carl to check out?”  They scramble in their purses and Carl goes to make a couple of calls. “So this ex, what’s his name?”

 

“Craig, Craig Taylor.”

 

“Or Cuntface as I want to call him now!”  Daphne snarls.  “How could he lie to us like that? How could he?  After all Justin’s been through, he just…” She breaks down again and Debs pulls her into her arms and lets her cry.

 

“Excuse me, Slick was it?  How do you know Justin?  How do any of you?”  Jennifer looks around.  “Please tell me.”

 

“Mrs Taylor, Ms Chanders you check out.”  Carl hands their ID back with a small smile.

 

“Not our story to tell.  Right, first thing first, the last true and final test.  Debs get them freshened up will you?”

 

Debs nods and leads them out and Carl looks puzzled.  “He’ll either scream then cry and want to be on the next plane or he won’t come back to Pittsburgh.”

 

“Ah I see.  You’re very smart.”  He squeezes my hand.  

 

“I have my moments.  Okay let’s do this.”

 

I check the time and decide to call Ted first instead to find out their schedule.  Somebody up there likes this kid.  I grab my iPad and dial a number.

 

ASTORIA HOTEL

 

BRIAN AND JUSTIN’S ROOM

 

BRIAN

 

“Hey Slick, why are you FaceTiming with me? Surely you’re not missing me that…what’s wrong, is it Debs?” I sit down and on hearing the concern in my voice, Justin immediately sits next to me.

 

“Slick?”  I prompt as she seems to be looking elsewhere.  “Slick!”  I yell.

 

“Sorry Brian.  Ah he’s with you.  Justin, can you tell me if you know who these people are?”

 

She flips the camera and there is silence at both ends.  For what seems hours Justin just stares at the screen before tears start to fall and he starts to nod. “Who are they?”  I hear Slick ask gently.

 

“M-my mom and D-D-Daphne.”  He manages to choke out and reaches for the screen.  “Are you really there?”  He gasps.

 

“Yes, yes we are!  Honey, I’m sorry, I’m so, so sorry. He lied! He lied about you to us!  If I had…”  Jennifer breaks down again.

 

“Justy, my Justy.”  Daphne weeps.

 

“Okay guys we’re going to give you some time alone.  Brian can call me back on my cell obvs?”

 

Snorting, I nod and head to the bedroom.

 

BEDROOM

 

“Slick what the fuck happened?  How did they find him?”  I demand pacing the room.  “The article in Out oh I see.  He’ll want to come home now.  Why not?  Oh I see thinking of yourself yeah-yeah of course, you are.  Okay no problem.  Slick, thank you for taking control of that thank you.”

 

LOUNGE

 

I poke my head out the door and he’s smiling his sunshine smile.  “I’ve got so much to tell you, I’m going to come home to…”

 

“Wait Justin, if you’re going to say tonight, we don’t think that’s a good idea.”  All three gasp in horror.  “Hear me out.  You need time to adjust to the news you’ve just got and they know where to come to find you, which will be on Saturday morning.  Justin, we need to be sure.”

 

“We would never hurt Justin if that is what you’re alluding to, Mr…”  Jennifer objects.

 

“Kinney, Brian Kinney.  And I’m sure you’re not here to hurt him but if you know where he is then his father would too.”

 

“Oh don’t worry about him. He’s going to be too busy dislodging his balls from the roof of his mouth!”  Daphne growls.  

 

“And picking his teeth off the fucking floor!”  Jennifer adds.

 

“Mom!”  Justin gasps and then giggles.  I narrow my eyes at him.  “I’ve never heard her swear before!”

 

“Besides, his father would never read that paper, since it’s so deviant a lifestyle.  What a fucker!  Oh that’s it, I’m going to kill him!”

 

Daphne stands but is immediately stalled by Carl.  “Detective here remember? Bodily harm I can hide but murder not so much.”  He must be smiling because she’s grinning.

 

“So we agree then? You guys come on Saturday and we meet you there?”  I ask and all three nod.  “I’ll leave you to say your goodbyes.”  

 

I kiss the side of his head and go back to the bedroom, just as I close the door, I pause and hear.  “Before we go Justy, does he happen to have a younger and straighter brother?”

 

“Daphne!”  Jennifer giggles.

 

DINER OFFICE

 

JENNIFER

 

I can’t believe it. We've found him after all these years!  We’ve found him.  We’re still just staring at the blank screen when there’s a tap on the door and Slick and Debs come back in

.

“All sorted for Saturday then?”  I nod.  “Great, do you want tea or coffee? Best you have it in here I think.”

 

“Mint tea for me.”  I reply.

 

“Me as well.”  Daphne still looks a little shell-shocked. Debbie nods and calls out to someone.

 

“Who was that man that shouted?”  I ask.  “And why did you take his phone?”

 

“Oh that reminds me.”  She pulls out the phone and starts fiddling with the screen.  “There that should keep him occupied for a bit.  As to who, that’s Michael Novotny the best friend- or interfering dickface as I prefer to call him- of Brian Kinney, who Justin is with.”

 

“And my son or currently pretentious dick as I prefer to call him.”  Debs laughs.

 

We gape at both of them.  “You describe your son like that?  But why?”

 

“Stick around; you’ll see,” She replies dryly.

 

“Slick can you, ahem, define with?”  I ask.

 

“Not my story to tell.”  She smiles at me and then our tea arrives and she takes the iPad off us and waves a small bottle of brandy at us.

 

“Please, in fact can I have the bottle?”  I laugh and then laugh harder when she slides it across.

 

“Can I have Brian’s number? You know so I can call Justy.”  Daphne asks nervously.

 

“Sorry, can’t do that.”  Slick replies.  We both sigh and nod our understanding.  “But I can give you Justin’s…first thing I asked when I went outside, just got a text from him.”

 

I can’t help it I burst into tears again.

 

DINER

 

BEN

 

Michael’s eyes have not left the entrance hall and I can feel the anger vibrating through him.  But as usual he’s oblivious to how I feel and I’m glad Slick took his phone because he would’ve been calling Brian in seconds!

 

“Ben!  I said how could you let her do that?!”

 

“Do what?”  I reply calmer than I feel.

 

“Do what?  Do what?!  Take my phone of course! I have to let Brian know what’s happening.”

 

I inhale deeply and clench my fist.  “Yeah, think that’s already covered.”

 

“What’s already covered?”  Emmy Lou slides into the booth next to me.  “I was texted AHN by her Slickness.”

 

I have to smile, only Emmy Lou could say that about Slick and get away with it. Well him and Brian but nobody else. We're all just a little bit scared of Slick when it comes to her name.

 

“Wait AHN, what the hell is that?”  I chuckle.  “Her and her acronyms.  Let me try and guess…ass here, um oh, now?”

 

“Bingo, so what’s occurring?”

 

“What’s occurring Emmy Lou is that these two ladies are in need of an up-cheer that only you and I can give them; Michael here’s your phone.  Come on I’ll explain on the way to yours.”

 

ASTORIA HOTEL

 

TED’S ROOM

 

I am staring in shock at Brian and Justin.

 

“Yo-your mother and best friend have found you?  That’s wonderful!  Isn’t it?”

 

“Yes, yes it is.”  Brian looks a bit, I’m not sure, embarrassed, sheepish, or hopeful?

 

“You’ve taught me well master, go do what you need to do, I’ll cover the meeting this evening, but I need you with me tomorrow.  Deal?”

 

“Deal.”  Justin beams at me and drags Brian out of the room.

 

“Brian Kinney in love…wow!”

 

BRIAN AND JUSTIN’S ROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

I‘ve dragged him to the bedroom and I’m glued to him ravaging his mouth.  He’s making these little groaning noises as he kneads my ass.

 

“Justin, Justin, wait, stop.”  He tugs gently on my hair to get my attention as I kiss his neck.

 

“What’s wrong? You don’t want to?”

 

“Oh I want to but…”  He sighs.  “But, now’s not the right time for you.”

 

“It is trust me!”  I protest.

 

“No, Justin, no it isn’t.”  He looks at me.  “Truthfully, you know it isn’t.”

 

Groaning I bury my head in his neck. “Dammit.  You’re right, as much as I want to, and I really want to, I’m thinking about Saturday too much and…”

 

He flips me on my back and stops me with a kiss.  A slow deep kiss that I feel in my toes.

 

Sliding off me, he reaches slowly down to my pants and pops the buttons slowly.

 

“But I can do something…”  He murmurs against my mouth and slides down to my hips and starts to tug on my pants.

 

“Uh Brian, I’ve…”

 

“Sssh.  I’ve got this.  Lift your hips.”

 

I do so and he pulls my pants off and nudges my legs apart.

 

“So beautiful.”  He whispers.

 

He pushes my top up to my chest and kisses my stomach and swirls his tongue in my belly button. I give a soft cry at the unexpected feeling.  His hands are gentling my shaking body, stroking me into calmness.  “Turn over.  Justin turn over.”

 

“But…”

 

“Trust me just turn over.”

 

I do so and feel his hot tongue making a trail down my spine and then the soft bites on my ass, make me wriggle and groan into the mattress.  His hands go back to kneading my cheeks and I still when I feel him blow on me down there.  I blink rapidly and turn my head in time to see and feel his tongue touch me there.

 

“Oh!”  I cry out and clutch at the sheets.  “Um, Brian what…oh, oh!”

 

His tongue is hot and relentless, licking me from the base of my spine to my balls. He takes each one in his mouth and suckles gently.  He pulls my cheek further apart and then I feel his tongue slowly going inside me.

 

“Oh my God, oh my God!”  I chant as he dips and swirls his tongue.  I grind my hips into the mattress.  I don’t know what he’s doing but it feels so good.  Slowly he withdraws his tongue and chuckles.

 

“Why did you stop?”  I pant.

 

“I want to introduce you to something.”  I look bewildered and then groan as his replaces his tongue with his finger and touches something. “Meet your prostate.”

 

“Holy fuck!”  I scream as he thrusts his finger and then another in and out.  “Oh God, don’t stop, please don’t stop!”

 

He reaches for my hand and we entwine fingers and he continues to thrust.

 

“Oh, I’m…yeah, I’m gonna oh-oh-ah-oh yes!”  I scream and then I feel him shuddering against me and then he sighs.

 

“What was that thing, the thing you did w-with your tongue?”  I gasp.

 

“Rimming.”  He grins at me.

 

“You’re very good.”  I grin back.

 

“And I came in my pants again.”

 

I manage to get up on my elbows and kiss him gently.  “Good, I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to get happy.”

 

EMMETT’S APARTMENT

 

LOUNGE

 

EMMY LOU

 

Now that I look at her, I can see the resemblance.  We stopped off at the store and I picked up some nibbles and of course my chocolate torte.

 

“So what’s the plan?”  I ask Slick.  She scrunches up her nose.  “You’re on mop duty.”

 

“Mop duty?”  Daphne asks looking from me, to Jennifer and back to Slick.

 

“Yep, they and you are going to be crying buckets on Saturday so bring tissues.  Brian and I are going to cover the loss at the diner for the morning.  And you are going to do a marvellous Emmy Lou breakfast.  Deal.”

 

“Oh deal.”  I really tried not to cry but I’m just so happy for them and the fact that they want to include me in it.

 

BEN & MICHAEL’S HOUSE

 

LOUNGE

 

MICHAEL

 

It’s taken over an hour but I’ve finally got my phone unlocked!  I cannot believe that fucking Slick did that to me.  Ben and Hunter, of course, have found it most amusing.

 

“I’m glad you find it funny!”  I snarl at them.  “Now if you’ll excuse me I need to make sure my best friend is not being taken advantage of!”

 

“Or you could stay here and you know apologise to your partner for being an ass!”  Hunter shouts back at me.  “You know Ben, my dad, the man you’ve been in a relationship with for the last three years!”

 

That stops me.  “Ben doesn’t mind my friendship with Brian. He knows that…”

 

“It’s not the friendship I have a problem with Michael, because that’s all it is to Brian, a friendship.  What I have a problem with is your interpretation of friendship.  I didn’t until now.  Until that stupid rumour you put out about him, which you still can’t see the harm in.  No, don’t speak. Go do what you think is important.”

 

“Dad, fancy a game of pool?  We can grab Jeff on the way.”  Hunter suggests.

 

“Yeah let’s do that.  See you later Michael. We’ll be in Woody’s if you want to join us.”

 

I nod and they leave and I call Brian.  “Brian, it’s me.  You have to call me right back!  I told you he would be trouble!”

 

DINER – SATURDAY MORNING

 

DEBS

 

Well they’re here. Jennifer and Daphne. They look so nervous and excited.  Carl, Slick and Emmy Lou are here too.  Carl did a bit more digging and what Jennifer said is true. As far as Cuntface is concerned he has no son, so there’s no threat but Slick, after her mom, is very cautious.

 

“They’ll be here in 5 minutes.”  Slick smiles at them.  “Emmy Lou need hand with plating up?”

 

“Ems, come on, soggy bagels aren’t edible.”  I pull him into my arms.

 

We all pause when the bell rings and it feels like it happens in slow motion. First the scream and then they run to each other.

 

“Mom!” “Justin!” “Daph!” “Justy!”  Is all I can hear and then the sobbing starts.

 

“You’re so thin!  Where have you been? What have you been doing?”  Jennifer tugs him into the booth between the two of them.  “First eat that bagel young man!”

 

Justin tells them what he’s really been up to. The article in Out only gave the barest of details and, of course, not naming names.  Jennifer has a small mountain of tissues in front of her and Daphne is pacing like a caged lioness.

 

“Paris!  He told you I went to fucking Paris!  Carl would you mind stepping out for about five minutes? I just need to ask Justin something.”

 

“No, I’m very comfortable right where I am thanks.”  He chuckles.

 

“Dammit!”

 

“So where are you living now?  And what about Molly?  Is she okay?”

 

“What do you mean where are we living…oh God what did he tell you?”

 

“That you were moving out of state…”  He starts to cry again.

 

“Seriously Carl just five minutes outside, that’s all I ask!”

 

“Two minutes.”  Carl smirks and heads outside.

 

CARL

 

Well if that don’t beat all.  What a truly mephitic bastard that man is. Just because your kid is gay you do that to him? Cut him out of not just your life but the lives of his mother, sister and best friend by lying to them? If that was my kid I would be so fucking proud of what he’s achieved!

 

And speaking of children.  “What do you want Michael?”

 

He rolls his eyes at me.  “Breakfast of course.”

 

“Diner’s closed.”

 

“I can see people. In fact I can see my mother, so it’s clearly open.”

 

“It’s a private function that…”

 

“Brian!”  He cries out and pushes his way in and I manage to grab his sleeve to halt his progress.

 

“You!”  He snarls.  “What fucking lies have…”

 

“My son does not lie!”  Jennifer shouts at him and advances.  “Finish that sentence and I will rip off your fucking ugly face!”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you xxx