- Text Size +

CHAPTER 22: PASSION

 

BRITIN

 

MAIN BEDROOM – LATE SATURDAY MORNING

 

JUSTIN

 

I open one eye, finding myself looking at the rather tempting peak of Brian’s left nipple and look up to his face. He’s still asleep.  We all spent a couple of hours talking when we got back because he was so upset about Michael’s reaction.  Slick told us to stay here and she’d bring everyone to us.

 

I gently manoeuvre myself out of his arms and wait for him to settle back down. I head to the bathroom and brush my teeth, before going to make some coffee.  Whilst waiting, I also make French toast and once everything’s done head back upstairs.

 

As I come back in the bedroom he’s slowly waking up and is looking adorably confused at the empty space next to him and then grins sheepishly when he sees me watching him. “Tell anyone and I’ll castrate you.  Need to piss.” Once he does and settles back in bed, he asks.  “So what’s that?”  He feigns indifference but I know him, well at least better than Michael seems to think he does.

 

“Kenyan roast with a hint of toffee and French toast with peaches and almonds.”  I cut up the toast into squares and then add a mix of peach and almond to each square and wait.

 

“So you mentioned pork ribs and prawns for tomorrow.”  I nod and pretend not to notice his hand creeping across to steal a piece of toast.

 

“Hmm, sugar spiced ribs and garlic prawns and the ice cream…oh maybe not…I’ll do a…what do you do for someone who can’t do dairy?” Silence. “I’ll let you finish your second square of toast before you answer.”  I tease him and smile at the pink spots on his cheeks.

 

“Again I will castrate you.  This is really good.  She likes praline, dark chocolate and coconut.  Oh and honey and, of course, cherries.”

 

“Well google is going to be my friend today then.  Want the last piece?”

 

“You have the bread; I’ll have the fruit.  And speaking of cherries, can you bring some back home when you go shopping later?”

 

I nod and finish off my coffee before heading downstairs to put the tray away when it hits me.  He said home.

 

BEN & HUNTER’S

 

DAPHNE

 

Okay, somewhere in a parallel universe, there is another me who does not have her tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth, which tastes of roadkill.  And who also doesn’t have a herd of rhinos tap dancing on her skull.  Even that gentle knocking is making me murderous!

 

“Daphne?  It’s Ben are you awake?”  He pauses.  “Look, if you are, I’ve left some coffee outside. The bathroom is on your left.  I’ll come back and check on you in 15 minutes.”

 

I crawl out of bed and grab the coffee before hitting the bathroom.  After inhaling the coffee and having a shower I head downstairs.

 

“Where’s everyone?”  I call out.

 

Ben sticks his head out.  “In here.  How’s your head?”  He grins at me as does Hunter and a mini-Brian.

 

“Advil.  And you have got to be Gus... you look so much like your dad.”  I reply.  “I’m Daphne.”

 

“Hi.  So how was last night or should I say this morning?”  I glower at him and he grins.

 

“Here.  Can you face food now or do you want to wait till we’re at Slick’s and she does her hangover brunch?”

 

“Definitely waiting, more coffee is the only thing I can do right now.”

 

SLICK’S CAR EMPORIUM

 

JENNIFER

 

It’s at times like this I really need to think practically.  A cream pair of slacks and oil do not make happy companions.  But Molly is in her element.  Much to Craig’s annoyance, she is manlier than Justin in this regard…she loves cars!   We’ve been introduced to everyone and we’re currently staring at a something covered in tarpaulin.

 

“So Molly, how old are you again?”  Slick is striding back and forth with a slight grin on her face.

 

“Well I’m 14 but will be 15 in a few weeks.”

 

“What do you think guys, you reckon?  Think, she’d be ready in a year or so because she’s definitely a she?  And you know how long it takes us ladies to get ready.”

 

Mac and Cujo both nod.  Idaho is back having had to pull Emmy Lou inside for some reason.  Russell is standing next to the tarpaulin rolling his eyes.

 

“Whip it off.”  She orders chuckling.

 

And we’re looking at…I’m not sure what we’re looking at.  “So this is a…?”

 

“F-ford Grand Torino!”  Molly screams.  “Mom, it’s the Starsky & Hutch Car!”

 

“Uh…”  I look at Slick for help.

 

“Not the actual car but a husk of one.  Figured instead of you buying one she could…”

 

“No, no you’re kidding me!  Fix this up?!  I can fix this up and…”

 

“Keep it. I’ve…”

 

“No absolutely not!”  I stop her.

 

“Mom!”

 

“No, Molly.  Slick, you’ve given us back so much at least let me pay for this.”

 

“I’ve not…”  I stop her with a look.  “Whoa, you have got to teach me that look.”

 

“Well how much is it?”  I demand gently.

 

“How much is in your purse?”  She replies with a soft smile but determination in her eyes.

 

“Molly get your purse.”   I order and watch my tearful little girl scramble to her pack.

 

We count out how much is there.  “$78.60.  We have $78.60.”

 

“Amazing, this cost $60 including taxes.  You have a deal.”  She sticks out her hand and we shake.

 

“Hey Slick!”  I turn round at the sound of a young man’s voice and am looking at a mini-Brian and two other gentlemen.

 

“Jennifer Taylor, Molly Taylor meet Gus Marcus Peterson, Hunter Bruckner and the tall drink of water is Ben Bruckner. Molly you go with Gus. He can show you where to get the good parts and Hunter, you crack on with your project.  Everyone else back to work.”  She orders.

 

“Daphne’s in the car.  Word to the wise, she’s hungry and hungover.”  Ben grins.  “I’ll be right back.”

 

“Wu-hell!”  I gasp, invoking my inner Molly, as he walks back to the car.  “Now he…”

 

“Is interested in Robin.”

 

“Of course he is!”  I chuckle.

 

“Hopefully it’s reciprocated and he can ditch interfering dickface once and for all.”  She sighs.

 

LIBERTY AVENUE HOTEL

 

ROBIN

 

Great just great!  I’m in love with the first guy I see and not only has he just got out a relationship but he’s also HIV positive. The latter is not a problem for me as they have medicines for that.  It’s the relationship part.  He was with him for 3 years and he’s still hurting.  But at least I got his number.  I look across at Lindon and he’s snoring gently

.

“Lindon?” More snoring. “Lindon?”  I say louder and throw a pillow.

 

“Huh, what, what’s wrong?”  He sits up and rubs his eyes.

 

“Want coffee?”  I ask

 

“Hang on, need bathroom and to brush my teeth.”

 

Within minutes he’s back looking annoyingly un-hungover for someone who was slamming vodka shots last…this morning.

 

“So you like the guy?  He’s what could be described as hot, which is more than I can say for his ex, well soon to be ex anyway.”

 

“His ex was there last night and you met him?”

 

“Yeah... the sulky guy in the car with us, that’s his ex.  Not sure where you were when he first arrived. So anyway, go with your gut and ask the guy out.  Now that your problem is fixed, what do you think of Slick?”

 

RED CAPE COMICS

 

MICHAEL

 

I pace the room, still absolutely fucking fucked off!  Britin!  Vomit Boy has been to Britin! And what’s this with Ben and Daphne?!  And as for Emmett and his you need help comment...! Finally, I am calm enough to actually make the call.  “Lindsay, its Michael. You are not going to believe what has fucking happened!

I rail against the injustice of all it and wait for her to speak.  “Lindsay, say something!”

 

There’s still a deafening silence on the other end of the line.

 

“Mom!  Dad wants to talk to momma!  Can you get his partner in crime so they can put an end to this farce of a relationship?  As there’s no way that Vomit Boy and the Ghetto Queen are taking Uncle Brian away from them, his oldest and dearest friends who know what’s best for him!”  Jenny bellows.

 

SLICK’S CAR EMPORIUM – EARLY EVENING

 

SLICK

 

Plans changed.  Instead of Gus spending the night at Debs, we’re all going from here to Britin.  Jennifer, Molly and Daphne- when she finally joined the human race- went back to theirs and packed a bag and are now back.  We’re just waiting for Robin and Lindon.

 

I am not thinking about Lindon.  Okay he’s gorgeous and dances like a dream but I’m…oh Christ look at the walk on the man, did he take lessons!

 

“So we’re ready…yes?”  Emmy Lou smiles.  “Oh wipe the drool sweetie.”  He whispers.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively, thank you xx