- Text Size +

CHAPTER 30: BEARS

TED

“On a scale of one to idiotic where do you think you two rank?”  I demand.

“I have just about had enough with this tone you’ve adopted with me since I’ve come back Ted.  I will not have it!”  Lindsay barks at me.

“Fine, I’m more than happy never to speak to you again.”  I reply and turn my back to her.

“So we’ll see you guys on Sunday afternoon.”  Brian calls out from the door.  “And I mean afternoon Emmy Lou, so after twelve, well after twelve.”

Ems crosses his arms in annoyance but the kiss from Idaho has him grinning into his Cosmo.

“Are we staying for one more drink or going back to mine for pizza?”  Ben asks.

“Pizza!  Let’s go.”  Daphne declares.

“So that’s it!  All our years of friendship and you’re casting us out?”  Michael demands.  “And replacing us with what?  His friends and family?”

“Okay what shitstorm have they tried to create this time?”  Slick sighs.

“They tried to accuse Justin of cheating on Brian with Oliver.”  Daphne explains.

“But Oliver’s a…we’re not staying here right?”  She asks rubbing her eyes.

“Nope going to Ben’s for pizza, you doing Chinese?”  Daphne ask hopefully.

“Yeah, we’ll meet you guys there.  Seriously, how the fuck do they keep breathing without help?”  She grumbles as she leaves with Daphne.

I pause by the door.  “And the answer to your question Michael is yes, yes we are.”

BRITIN – FRIDAY MORNING

MASTER BEDROOM

BRIAN

I’m sitting up in bed reading some papers on the puppy that is coming tomorrow.  Justin has his head under the pillow, as usual, but has one arm flung across my lap.

“Justin.”  I prod him firmly.   “Come on wake up. You’ve got to pick up Gus and Jenny so you can get the stuff for the puppy.”

“Mmm.  Wh-what?”  He lifts the pillow and looks at me with one eye.  “What time is it?  And be honest!”

“When have I ever lied to you?”  I ask batting my eyes.

“Never mind.”  He reaches for his phone.  “Brian!  It’s not even eight o’clock!”  He puts the pillow back over his head.

“It’s two minutes to.  So by the time we’ve finished in the shower you should be ready to go by ten.”

“It is not going to take us two hours to have a shower.”  He grumbles sitting up.

Swinging my legs out I tug him out of bed.  “Yeah it will, it really will.”

MEL AND JENNY’S

JUSTIN

I was a little late getting here but I blame Brian after his introduction to shower sex.  Not only was it sexy but it was funny as hell.  Our weight and height differences don’t work with me topping him in there.  We ended up in a heap of limbs and giggles when he tried the monkey sex position, which is his legs wrapped round my waist and him holding onto the shower walls, but my legs gave out before we could even engage, which I blame on still ‘coming down’ and not muscle weakness!  Although I did have to put some arnica on his bruised ass.

I’m still giggling to myself when Gus and Jenny repeat the question.  “Justin are we ready?”

“Yeah, absolutely.”  I smile at them and we head to the pet store.

Almost two hours later we have everything we need for a puppy that’s going to be living with Brian Kinney.

When I drop the kids back off again it takes every ounce of strength I have not to be persuaded to let Gus come with us tomorrow.

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT

LINDSAY

Finally, we’ve found it, the address for, and more importantly, the directions to Britin!  It took about four hours of digging but we have them.  I can’t wait to see their faces on Sunday afternoon.

BRITIN – EARLY EVENING

BRIAN

“Come on Justin we’re going to be…”  I stop griping when he finally comes downstairs looking gorgeous.  “No sorry, you can’t wear that. Back upstairs immediately!”

“No, the last time you said that we didn’t come down for 2 hours.  We’re going now!”

He evades my attempts to shepherd him back upstairs.  “You know I can carry you to the study…”

I end up chasing him into the garage, laughing my head off.

LE MONT RESTAURANT

JUSTIN

Wow the view from here is spectacular!  I keep mentally pinching myself as 6 weeks ago this would never have been a blip on my horizon and here I am.

“You okay?”  Brian nudges me.

“Yes, this place is incredible.  Have you eaten here a lot?  I mean with clients?”

“Nope.  I’ve only bought two people here.”  I look at him expectantly.  “Debs and Vic, for his birthday, the last one before he died.  This is only for special people.”

“Oh.”  I can feel my cheeks flaming.  “I’m so happy to be one of those people.”

“Good.  Now do you know what you want to eat?”

I bite my lip. I know what I want but I also know his no carbs rule.  “I would recommend the Chateaubriand and I asked them if they could do a special order of string fries too.  Just the one portion.  So what do you want to start?”

“Crab cakes.”

“Excellent choice.”

The Chateaubriand was cooked perfectly although we couldn’t finish it all but somehow he managed to finish off the fries.  As we head back to the car with our Le Mont leftovers, which I have promised to make into a sandwich for him tomorrow, I rub my hands together regretting forgetting my gloves.

“Here.”  He hands me his.  “What is it with you and not wearing gloves?”  He teases.

I must have dozed off on the way because when I wake up we’re in the garage and he’s kissing me very gently. At some point he had reclined the seat.

“What a nice way to wake up.”  I mumble stretching.

“Come on.  Want a nightcap?”  He asks making his way to the kitchen.

“If it involves me naked and screaming your name then yes.”  I reply.

“Upstairs now!”  He growls and I take off running.

BRITIN – SATURDAY MORNING

RECEPTION

JUSTIN

“Brian!  Will you hurry up?!”  I demand bouncing excitedly on my toes.

“He will still be there when we get there, now come on I need you to show me how you lock up first.”

This is my other happy moment. It’s the first time I get to lock up since he gave me a key.  I’ve watched him do it a lot but this is my turn.

“You have learned well grasshopper.”  He kisses me softly.  “Now remind me to get you a key cut for the loft as well.  And maybe we should give Slick a copy of the keys and the codes to this place.  She can get here quickest if there’s a problem.  What do you think?”

“A great idea.”  I reply and I’m smiling so hard my cheeks hurt.

KAI KEN HARU BREEDER’S HOME

JUSTIN

Okay we now have a problem.  I knew he was going to be cute but the picture didn’t do him justice. He is absolutely adorable!   Brian hasn’t seen him yet as he’s going through the paperwork.

“So here he is Mr Kinney, what are you going to call him?”  She asks, placing him in Brian’s arms.

“Baloo.”  He replies, softly stroking his fur and getting a lick for his trouble.

“Amazingly enough you’re the first person who’s ever taken a Kai Ken to call one that.  You’d think it would be obvious.”

“When does his owner come?”  I ask about his sibling.

“They don’t.  He was returned last night.  Seems they didn’t do their research.  Some people.”

We head out to the car and I can’t help thinking about his sibling.  Brian hands me the keys and gets in the back with Baloo.

“You can’t have Baloo without Bagheera…right?”  He asks quietly.

Another twenty minutes later, all four of us are heading home.

BRITIN – SUNDAY AFTERNOON

LOUNGE

JUSTIN

So far we’ve only had two accidents and they weren’t solid so that’s good.  Brian was firm in his resolve that they stayed out of the bedroom last night but if he thinks I didn’t notice him go and check them last night he’s got another think coming.

And judging by the leaning and hammering on the door I think Emmy Lou is here.  I barely get the door open before he’s dashing in with a box from one of the best pet stores in Pittsburgh.

“Where is he?”

“Them.”  I can almost hear his shoes screech to a halt.  

“Them?  What do you mean them?”

“You have to be really quiet, okay?”  He nods frantically and I lead him to the lounge. “Emmy, meet Baloo and Bagheera.”

This is the first time I have ever seen Emmy speechless.  He puts the box down and slowly approaches the puppies.

“Oh my God, they are adorable!”  He whispers, giggling softly as they fight to lick his hand.

“Honeycutt, how is this well after 1200?”  Brian drawls.

“If you count the time in seconds then five past twelve is a long time!  And don’t call me Honeycutt!”  He sniffs.  “Has Gus seen them?”

“Yeah he’s ordering stuff for Mel’s house.  Which reminds me, I need stuff for Slick’s and Kinnetic too.” We look at him in amazement.  “What?”

“Nothing, not a damn thing.”  Emmy mutters.

I watch him stride out with as much haughtiness as he can muster having been well and truly caught.

“So shall I open the box?”  I have given up all attempts to stop Emmy from picking one up.

“Ooh yes!”

He settles on the couch with Bagheera in his lap when I open the box I’m surprised at the restraint of his purchases.

“I know Brian Kinney and he doesn’t do sparkles.”

TAXI TO BRITIN

LINDSAY

“This is going to be brilliant!  Brian is going to see that he can’t just discard us!  We will keep coming back until he accepts that we are still part of his life.”

Michael nods in agreement.  “And it will be one in the eye for Ted too! He’s got a bit too uppity in my opinion.”

“How long until we get there?”  I ask.

“We’re here but you will have to walk from this point.  That will be $70 plus tip.”  He informs us.

“For $70, I expect to be dropped at the door.”  Michael snipes.

“You move the truck, I drop you at the front door.”  He bites back.

We look at the gates and there blocking the gates is Slick’s truck.  “Here.”  I hand him the money and we get out.  

“Do you want me to wait?”

“No, be on your way.”  Michael snaps dismissively.

“Fuck you too dude!”  He shouts back as his drives off.

We make our way round the truck and press the buzzer.  “Kinney Residence, how may I help you?”

“Who’s this?  Is that Mel?”  I demand.

“Do I know you?”  The voice comes across.

“Mel!  I know it’s you!  Let us in!”

“Sorry.  Can’t.  Not my house. You would need to ask the homeowner.   Unfortunately he’s on a conference call right now that will take at least an hour.  Oh wait, he’s sending someone to come and see you.”

She hangs up before I can say anything else.  Ten minutes later Debs comes to the gates.

“Yes?”

“Mother let us in!  Lindsay and I need to speak to Brian and…”

“Gus and Jenny are fine, thanks for asking.  Oh wait, you didn’t because once Brian is in the vicinity your priorities change.”

“Mother…”

“Stop with the mother bullshit and leave!  Nobody and I mean nobody wants you here!  How did you get here in the first place?”

“Cab.”  I reply.

“Then call one and fuck off!  I’m going back to enjoy Baloo and Bagheera and the rest of my day!”

“Wait! Who are Baloo and Bagheera?!”  I call out to her retreating her back.

“Call your kids and find out!”  She shouts back without turning her head.

DEBS

Brian’s said it before, and I agree Slick’s very good.

 

 

This is the link for the puppies.  Who resemble bears, hence the title, facially.

http://kai-ken.org/

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you xx