- Text Size +

CHAPTER 39: CONSEQUENCES

 

MICHAEL

 

I feel like hell and I’m sure I’ll have a massive bruise.

 

“Come on let’s get back to the apartment and we can put some ice on that.”  Lindsay cajoles.

 

“Yeah and then we call the police and have that little shit arrested for assault.”  I grumble.

 

It takes us almost twenty minutes to walk 2 blocks.  “Lindz we need to get a cab; I can’t walk another step. I think he may have broken bones.”

 

“Fine.”  She soothes and helps me to sit on a bench.

 

It takes another 40 minutes to get home. It would’ve been quicker to walk.

 

KINNETIC

 

MARY

 

Brian sweeps in and immediately I look to his feet.  And then glower at him.

 

“Tomorrow, I promise.”  He shakes his head and makes his way to his office.

 

BRIAN

 

I can’t believe how good that weekend was.  No it wasn’t good, it was excellent.  I check my emails and I have a few from Mel and my lawyer, which I respond to and tell them about the diner incident, both ours and Hunter’s.  I know those two and he’s never liked Hunter.

 

Mel is going to call Ben. It’s a shame I can’t be around to see how he deals with them but no doubt I will hear about it.

 

Once again I look at the envelope that Gus gave to me with a copy of the letter to Lindsay inside. Jenny has given a copy of hers to Michael to Mel and Ben too.  We’re all meeting for dinner on Friday, just the four of us, at Britin to discuss what we are going to do.  Hopefully, Ben will be given legal guardianship of Jenny.  But Justin and I need to discuss how involved he wants to be in Gus’s life and then go from there.

 

The firm knocking on my door means only one thing, a pissed off because B&B aren’t here Cynthia.

 

“Tomorrow!”  I yell at her as she steps in.

 

“If not you are going home to get them, understand?!”

 

“Yes dear!”

 

“Asshole!”  She snickers.

 

SLICK’S CAR EMPORIUM

 

SLICK

 

I’ve been watching Justin from the forecourt. He’s been panel beating for the last 20 minutes and he’s relentless.  In fact he’s doing a better job than the machine.

 

Normally the guys would be joshing but they are unnervingly diligent.  Time for an intervention.

 

“Emmy it’s Slick, what’s happened?”

 

Ten minutes later I head towards him and on his upswing grab the hammer, much to his surprise.

 

“Slick!  I could’ve hurt you!”  He exclaims.

 

“Nope you couldn’t.”  I tell him firmly.  “All the dents that were there are gone, though you seem to have added a few more.”

 

“Why do I let them get to me so much?”

 

“The same reason that Liberty Avenue lets them get to them.  We protect our own and he’s our king.  Look, if Brian was single, Michael had Ben but didn’t have Lindsay dripping in his ear, Michael would be manageable and more contained.  But because he isn’t, he doesn’t and he does, he just goes off on many a stupid and fuck-ass nasty tangent.”

 

He gives a small snort and nods in agreement.

 

“And the thing is when he’s being fuck-ass nasty, he thinks that by smiling and laughing it stops everyone from knowing it’s what he honestly feels.  It doesn’t and for years he got away with it but not anymore.  With Lindsay the reasoning is different.  She wanted the fairy tale.  Big house, dogs, kid and Brian at her beck and call and for a while she had 2 out of 4 and now she won’t.  Now that Mel’s gone and living her life, the only thing she’s got is Michael.”

 

“Yeah I’d be pissed too if Michael was my only friend.”  He snickers.

 

“Whether you realise it or not.  You’ve given Brian two things he never really had.  Well actually, he’s had one but never acted on it but never really had the other outside the family.”

 

“What?”

 

“Love and courage.”  I tell him.

 

“He’s one of the bravest men I know!”  Justin protests firmly.

 

“But he’s never shown it on the Avenue.  Trust me GGK would not hold hands, he would not have a massage in the diner and he most definitely would not announce that he was a virgin before you.  You showed him it doesn’t matter, the world won’t end and if it all goes to shit, you’d still be there.”

 

I haul him to his feet.  “Now little pocket rocket go get cleaned up.  And tell Brian about your hand.”

 

“Yes dear!”  He sing songs and gets out of reach of my cloth flick.

 

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT

 

MICHAEL

 

I’m lying on the couch with a hot water bottle on my stomach when the door knocks.

 

“Lindz can you…”  I call out.

 

“Of course.”

 

I hear the door open and Lindsay’s gasp of surprise before I see Ben towering over me.

 

“You tried to hit Hunter?!”  He yells. I struggle to sit up and reach out my hand for him to assist me but instead he steps back and folds his arms. “Answer my question Michael.”  He barks at me.

 

“I was attacked by Hun…”

 

“Really? You are seriously trying to tell me that having had you treat him like shit for 3 years that he decides now in front of a diner full of people to attack you?  When he could’ve done it at home and there would be no witnesses?”

 

“Yes, I didn’t do a thing.”

 

“Of course you didn’t.  You never do!  But trust me Michael, you aren’t going get away with this!”

 

He storms out, slamming the door behind him.

 

“Come on Michael get up.”  Lindsay starts to pull me to my feet.

 

“Why where are we going?”  I grumble

 

“The police station of course!”

 

57TH PRECINCT – AN HOUR LATER

 

“Can I help you?”  The desk sergeant asks

 

“Yes.  My name is Michael Novotny and this is Lindsay Peterson and…”

 

“You’ve saved us a trip.  Not many people would bring themselves to custody.”

 

“What are you talking about?”  I ask.

 

“Michael Novotny and Lindsay Peterson you are under arrest for the violation of the restraining order pertaining to Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor and Michael Novotny you are further charged with attempted assault on Hunter Bruckner.”

 

As another officer approaches us, I see Emmett, Hunter and Ben leaving the precinct.

 

“Wait a minute!  We walked away!  They stopped calling when we walked away.”

 

“You breached the restraining order the moment you set foot in there.”  Mel states.

 

“Mel what are you doing here?”  Lindsay demands.

 

“Representation for Hunter.  And as I said to you, read the documentation.  It clearly says any place of recreation of employment they might inhabit.  And you know for a fact that Justin has lunch at the diner every day.  You’re lucky that Kinnetic is more than half a mile from your apartment or you’d have to move.  Now excuse me.”

 

BRITIN – EVENING

 

LOUNGE

 

JUSTIN

 

He’s mad at me.  And he has every right to be.  Even though I alternated, I got a cramp in my hand.  And then I didn’t tell him why until he noticed the slight curl in my fingers.

 

“I should have led with my left more.”   I try for humour; it is not well received.

 

Ten minutes of silent but gentle massage eases my hand but not his mood.

 

“Brian…”

 

He holds up his hands and I can see him fighting to control his temper.

 

“If you want to yell at me then yell if it will make this go away.”

 

“No.  I can’t yell because that wouldn’t be enough.  You were stupid and reckless and I’m fucking furious!”

 

“I know!  I know and I’m sorry…again!”

 

“God I should take you over my knee for this!”  He snaps.  “Look, I’m going…”

 

“Then do so!”  I yell back at him and he whirls round to face me.

 

“What?”

 

“Then do so.”  I repeat.

 

“Don’t tempt me!”  He growls as he slowly approaches.

 

I lift my chin up.  “I said then do so.”  My voice clear and unwavering.

 

He passes me and sits on the sofa, breathing in and out to calm himself.

 

“Come here.”  I don’t move.  “I said come here Justin.”

 

Slowly I walk to the sofa and stand by him, he reaches up to my jeans and undoes them sliding them and my boxers down my legs.  “Step out and take off your shirt.”  He orders his voice thick with... I’m not sure what... but I pull off my shirt and wait.

 

“You will get six, now lie across my lap. Any time you try to cover your ass, I will add two more, do you understand?”

 

Oh God, he’s actually going to do it!  I start to shake.  “I said do you understand?”

 

I nod and drape myself over his legs.  “I want you to watch.”  He orders.

 

I watch him raise his hand and when it connects with my ass, I let out a squeal but make myself pull my hand back.  Only five more- I think to myself- only five more. By the third strike, I can feel myself starting to get hard.  The fourth strike I have to cover my ass.

 

“What did I tell you about that?”  He purrs in my ear.

 

“Do it quick and fuck me!”  I beg.  “Please fuck me!”

 

He raps them out in rapid succession then flips me over.  He looks almost feral and then smashes his mouth against mine.  I feel almost dizzy with need and suck ravenously on his tongue.

 

As I wriggle to sit up, my ass stings in such a good way that much to my surprise I come hard groaning into his mouth and then feel him tighten his grip in my hair and jerk his hips twice.  He buries his head in my neck and breathes hard before he reaches for the blanket and covers us both.

 

For five minutes we don’t say anything just stare at each other.

 

“You okay?”  He asks quietly.

 

“You…”   I clear my throat and feel him tense up.  “That was incredible.”  I feel him relax.

 

“We need a shower.”  He brushes the hair out of my eyes.

 

“Mmm definitely.”  I kiss his neck softly.  “I mean it.  That was incredible.”

 

“So you like a little spanking?”  He grins slowly.

 

“Only from you.”  I grin back.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be constructive and kind xx