- Text Size +

CHAPTER 57: JUNIOR B-SQUAD GO-GO-GO & DUMBASS NO 1 STOP-STOP-STOP!

 

DAPHNE’S APARTMENT – THURSDAY EVENING

 

LOUNGE

 

HUNTER

 

“Okay so tell me again, this time without laughing, exactly what you’ve done now”.

 

She clears her throat and tries again.  “So it’s now been about a week of me and your dad hand holding, touching discreetly, when only he can see.”  She starts to snort.  “So, I decide to ramp it up a bit and did some show and tell.”

 

She puts the bag on her lap and pulls out two pieces of – I think – underwear.  “What is that?”

 

“A nursing bra.”  She grins and holds it up against herself.  “And these are granny panties.”

 

She pulls out largest and most hideous pants known to mankind.  “How many grannies go in there?”  I swallow my revulsion.

 

“Well I had to get something that he would believe and believe me, he believed it!  He was filming the entire thing.  He held his phone oh so casually!”

 

“So now what?  Actually, can you just burn those so my balls can come down from my throat please?!”

 

She laughs and sticks them back in the bag.  “Well I let slip that Robin is back tomorrow and will be at Ben’s on Sunday.  And that they are having a neighbourhood block party…”

 

“I see.  So we’re going to be with dad on Sunday for Michael’s Big Reveal or a block party?”

 

“Exactly.”

 

I shake my head at the pure mendacity of these women and feel glad that I’m on the same side as them!

 

She heads upstairs but pauses in the doorway.  “I also bought these…”  My eyes bug out of my head.  “Now that’s more like it!”  I growl and chase her squealing-self up the stairs.

 

BLOOM GALLERY – FRIDAY MORNING

 

SIDNEY

 

I still won’t believe it until I actually get the call from the gallery.  I thought it was a one-off fit of jealousy with the review but then she came here questioning my decision.  And on top of that, trying to suggest that she replaces him…preposterous!  And now this… Well some calls need to be made in any event.

 

“Please may I be put through to Catherine Meeks? It’s Sidney Bloom.”  I wait for her dulcet tones.  “Ah Catherine, I’m fine thank you and yourself.  Listen I have heard some disturbing news about one of my former gallery managers, who I know will be approaching you for work.  Do you remember Lindsay Peterson?  Oh you do.  Well I’m not sure if you know…”

 

After an hour of calls to those who need to know, I feel better.  Now it’s just the waiting game.

 

KINNETIC – LUNCHTIME

 

BRIAN’S OFFICE

 

BRIAN

 

So while I was away there was some refurbishment to my office.  A smaller table is in front of my desk with chairs and the sofa has been moved to behind a screen in the back of the room, near the bathroom.  I had to laugh when I came in and saw the note: to save Justin’s blushes.  Love Cyn and Mary xxx.

 

So naturally I had to invite him to lunch to see if it works!  I kiss the back of his neck as he whimpers and shudders as his orgasm washes over him.

 

“So could you see the office door?”  I pant and the last of mine pulses through my body.

 

He looks over his shoulder in tired annoyance.  “Seriously one of my favourite positions and you think I was thinking oh can I see the office door?”

 

“Good point.” I chuckle. We stay joined waiting for our breathing to regulate.  “We may need to reconsider leather.”

 

I slip out of him and he sinks to the sofa.  “And maybe a thicker blanket.”  He mumbles and starts to go to sleep.

 

“No.  Justin, don’t sleep on your stomach, turn over so I can clean you up and then you can sleep and then shower.  I have no meetings this afternoon.”

 

He turns over and looks wonderfully, thoroughly fucked.  “Shower with you then sleep?”

 

“Tempting but no.  If I shower with you, you know what will happen.”  I head to the bathroom and grab a washcloth to clean him up and within two minutes, he’s sound asleep.

 

Having had a refreshing shower, I get back to work with a big smile on my face.

 

DINER – EARLY AFTERNOON

 

EMMY

 

“I can’t wait to go.  I still can’t believe they got St Bernard in Mount Lebanon!  Only they could get that.  The planner must have pulled some serious strings; it is gorgeous inside.”

 

Debs nods her head and watches the twitching of the dumbass twosome.  “Let’s hope the weather holds for the 5th of May.”

 

“Exactly.”  I grin.

 

Brandon is looking at us in amusement and was about to say something when Slick comes in and heads to the dumbass table.

 

“You need to get your post redirected.  You’ve had enough time since you moved out.  Kyle refused to sign for the credit card Lindsay and the storage facility called the shop to say that your bill needs to be paid or they dump the stuff on the street after they’ve sold what they can to cover it.”

 

The jaw drop on them was priceless and Slick struggles to keep a straight face, making sure she keeps her back to them as she sits down.  Ever since they’ve been let back into the diner, they’ve been behaving like cocks of the walk, puffing and preening. And the looks they keep giving Slick would be annoying if we didn’t know what we know.

 

“Shit’s about to go down.”  She mumbles and waves at Kiki.  “Can I have my usual please Kiki?”

 

“Sure honey.”

 

Brandon’s expression has gone from amused to curious as he looks at the three of us.  “Hmm, I think you three and I need to talk at some point today.”

 

“What do we need to talk about?”  I manage to keep my tone even but can’t look at Slick.

 

“You tell me?”  He takes a sip of coffee.  “I’ve seen better acting on a corpse.”  He whispers.

 

“Fine.  But after what goes down, okay?”  Slick smirks.

 

The door opening again heralds the arrival of Molly and Jenny, clearly not what Slick was expecting judging by the frown.

 

“Auntie Ems there you are?!”  Jenny bounces up to us.  “What are you doing tomorrow lunchtime?”

 

“Uh nothing.  What would you like me to be doing?”

 

“Do you think you could rustle up a romantic dinner for two?”

 

Judging by the expression on Brandon’s face the bat ears are flapping.  The first time I heard Molly say that to describe Michael, wine came out of my nose!

 

“I do believe I could.  Now for whom am I cooking and when?”

 

“Mom and Lucy and for Friday evening.  Mom can’t cook for the life of her though it’s better than what we had to eat with momma.  Seriously who makes a tofu casserole?  Casserole has to have big chunks of thick unctuous meat.  It was like eating wet sand…same colour on occasion too.  Anyway, those days are long gone, thankfully!  But, mom is going to be nervous enough on this date without having to worry about food.”

 

Debs had to leave the table and Brandon was suddenly finding the menu most interesting as Jenny seamlessly rattles out pithy bitchery without a breath.

 

“Fine.”  I manage to gasp out, while holding tightly onto Slick’s hand to stop myself from laughing aloud.

 

“Great!”  Molly trills.  “Now if you could make it the kind of meal that makes a person want to overnight, if you get me?”  I felt the waggle of the eyebrows was completely unnecessary!

 

I just have to nod because if I speak, I am done for.

 

“Brilliant! Now we have to get back...”  They turn and head to the door and then I hear Jenny gasp and say.  “Oh hi there, bye there!”

 

“She’s leaving.”  Brandon mutters, having finally composed himself.

 

I take a steadying breath and watch a very flustered Lindsay storm out of the diner. No doubt she’s on her way to call Mel and berate her for not waiting or to try and pounce on Claire…I don’t know who I feel sorrier for!

 

Slick moves to next to Brandon and then smiles.  “Show time.”  She mumbles.

 

I turn round as the door goes and Kyle comes in carrying a large box.  He earns a glowering look from Michael as he sits in the booth nearest his table and takes out the contents.  From what I can see, it’s a lump of plastic but judging by Michael’s reaction, it’s something more than that.

 

Before he can say anything the door goes again and a well-dressed guy comes in and heads straight to the table.

 

“Kyle?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Josiah Cambridge.  Is this it?”  Kyle nods.  “Oh my God, it’s spectacular!  My client is going to be delighted.”

 

“I’m glad.  You can hardly see the tears.  Again, apologies for the time it took to complete but we had to make sure each page was sealed properly and…”

 

“Say no more.  Like I said, spectacular! Well worth the $22,500 we paid for it.”

 

Kyle grins.  “We also threw in a leather cover for it as a gift.”

 

Josiah grins and then stands.  “Well I must be going.  I have to fly back to Albany this evening.  Again thank you so much!”  Kyle boxes up whatever it is again.  “Are you sure that 1935 comic has already been bought?”

 

“Yes, sorry. But we are getting in new stock from an estate sale, so will keep you informed if we find anything else, as promised.”

 

He hands over the box and with great reverence Josiah takes it and is gone.

 

“Wait for it...”  Slick mutters.

 

“Th-that was my comic!”  Michael thunders, silencing the diner.

 

“No that was trash found by the compactor behind our new store.”  Kyle stands and gathers his things.

 

“What?!  But…but…”  He stammers.

 

“Did Slick pass on my message about the post and phone calls?”

 

He just nods, mutely.

 

“Good.  So can I have it then?”

 

This brings him out of his stupor.  “Have what?”

 

“A number for you for the storage facility. Seems you aren’t answering your phone so they are calling the store.  You better give me something. Bear in mind that I’ve seen your collection and we both know how much it will kill you to lose everything.”

 

“I have a new number.  Give them this one.”  He scribbles it down and sits down seemingly in shock.

 

Kyle starts to head to the door before doing an about face and heading towards the back to use the bathroom.  When he comes out, he orders a coffee to go and is also gone.

 

All attention is now on Michael, who is frowning and muttering to himself before suddenly standing up and leaving.

 

“Ems get Debs and you two join me in the office.”  Brandon orders.

 

OFFICE

 

BRANDON

 

“I want in.”

 

“Into what?”  Slick hedges.

 

“Come on now.  I work in the prison service.  You three are clearly running protection…”

 

“What?”  Debs looks outraged.

 

“Cool your jets.  I meant Brian and Justin.  Not sure what the little princesses are doing though but it was funny to watch.  So I want in.”

 

They exchange looks and Slick nods and they as they fill me in I am, both amused and furious by turns.

 

I frown.  “So why let them know about the venue and the date of Brian and Justin’s wedding though?”

 

“We said a wedding we didn’t say whose wedding.”  Emmy points out.

 

“Ah I see.  So am I in or not?”  I chuckle.

 

“You’re in.”  Debs decrees.  “You join Ben, Hunter, Sidney, Robin and of course the lovely…”

 

“Oh don’t you dare, I’m on your team.  We’re the BITCH; they can be the BROS.”  Emmy huffs.

 

“I was going to say, the lovely silent member Carl. It was a given you’re a BITCH.”  Debs grumbles, giving him a hug.

 

Slick is chuckling away.  “So what does BROS mean Emmy?”

 

He looks thoughtful.  “Boys running on sex?”

 

“Perfect!”  Slick laughs.  “Not sure about Sidney, but that sums up the four of them perfectly!”

 

She and I exchange looks. I sigh and twist my lip.  “We’re going to have to tell them.  Brian and Justin I mean.  Not what we’re doing but what we’re trying to stop.”

 

“Yeah.”  Debs sighs.  “It’s unavoidable now.  Slick you call; Ems and I will cook.”

 

“You get the easy job, I notice!”  She grumbles and picks up her phone.

 

BRITIN – EARLY EVENING

 

LOUNGE

 

JUSTIN

 

Brian and I are incredulous, as we look around at our B&B Squad. I’m not sure whether to laugh, cry or go round and pound their faces.  And it seems that on the way here they gathered a new member in Gus.

 

“Say something Uncle Brian, Uncle Justin.”  Jenny is biting her lip, nervously.

 

I look across at Brian, whose eyes are bright.  “Can we have the room for a minute?”

 

When they leave, he pulls me into his arms.  “Christ!  What is wrong with those two?!”

 

“I don’t know but I th-think we should let the B&B Squad do what they need to do.”  I start to sniffle.  “The wedding is bad enough but my show... that’s just cruel!”

 

“Terribly cruel and is just unforgivable for me.  To even think to do that...”  He growls and I brush away a tear that had slid unbidden down his face.  “We’re going to have to do something for them.”

 

“I was thinking of dipping them in iron and dropping them in a tar pit.”  I look hopeful.

 

“I meant the Squad.”  He chuckles, kissing away my tears.

 

“Oh absolutely.  Let’s think about that some more but right now there’s dinner to be eaten.”

 

Three hours later, they leave full and relieved that we are in the know.  As we are heading up to bed, Brian snorts and shows me the text; it’s in your porn box.

 

I can’t help but laugh and feel relieved that we have the B&B Squad on our side!

 

CLAIRE’S APARTMENT

 

MICHAEL

 

I look carefully at the evidence I have of Ben and Daphne’s affair.  Some of it is audio and the rest video.  I still shudder at the underwear he seems to like to see her in though.  But come Sunday, he will know what it feels like to be humiliated!  Humiliated and single because I have added a little something to the mix!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Pleaase be kind whilst constructive.  Thanks.