- Text Size +

CHAPTER 60: BABYLON, SUSPICIONS, HOWDY NEIGHBOUR AND VOYEURISM

 

SLICK’S CAR EMPORIUM – FRIDAY EVENING

 

OFFICE

 

SLICK

 

Daph and Hunter are looking so adorably loved up I want to puke rainbows and butterflies.  After what happened at the Block Party we’ve not heard much from dumbass #1, although we’ve seen him glaring malevolently at us in the diner.

 

Claire has done them up good it has to be said.  When she told me that she had managed to clear him out of the apartment I almost pissed myself but being hungover at the time I need to retain fluids.  So now all his stuff is in the truck until I start to redecorate. So I best at least start to do some wall stripping and shit like that.

 

But I’ve been thinking about the building as a whole.  The apartment above is empty and has a great deal of light and space.

 

As I head to lock up, I grin at the idea of tomorrow. And then it hits me… I know exactly what to do with that apartment!

 

BRITIN

 

LOUNGE

 

BRIAN

 

Justin has his head in my lap and is making notes for his show. Judging by the furious crossing out and frowning, it is not going well.

 

“Want some help?”

 

Big blue eyes look up at me and sighs.  “I can’t use speaker notes!  But Sidney says that I need to do that in New York.  It makes me look polished.  And…”

 

“Justin stop.  And take a breath.”  He lets it out.  “If you don’t want to do speaker notes then don’t do them.”

 

“But Sidney said I have to carry the cards with me all the time!”  He almost wails.

 

“Right is he going to check what’s on them?”

 

“I-I don’t think so.”

 

“Then let me do your notes.”  I waggle my eyebrows.  “Trust me you’re going to love them!”

 

My phone goes and I reach for it.  “Hey Slick, yep his head is in my lap.  If his mouth was full do you think I would be answering the phone?  Yeah, this from a woman who got us a porn box!  Sure.  For you.”  I hand the phone to him and he goes to sit up but I push him back down.

 

“Hey.  Uh nothing why?  Well vaguely.  Yeah okay, uh about twelve that okay?  Great see you then.”

 

“What’s that about?”  I run my fingers through his hair.

 

“Slick wants us to see the apartment above Phoenix Downtown tomorrow…”

 

“The one she has Claire in?”

 

“No the one above that.”

 

“What for?  What are you doing?  I was nice and warm!”  I object.

 

“Not sure what for.  As for doing, you mention about my mouth being full, but if you’d rather it was my head in your lap as opposed to your cock in…”

 

“Keep going!”  I demand and chuckle at the speed with which he attacks my pants.

 

CLAIRE’S APARTMENT – SATURDAY MORNING

 

LIVING ROOM – MID-MORNING

 

LINDSAY

 

Today is going to be great!  We both have beauty appointments before this evening.  I need to go to Ross Park for the perfect cover-up before the big reveal tonight.  I just know that Mel won’t be in a bikini; she will most likely be in an all in one.  That’s the one thing I hated about the way she dressed. She always had to be the man style wise!

 

“Michael are you ready?”

 

“Yeah.  Just one minute!”  He calls from his bedroom.

 

I must admit that I can’t wait for this place to be decorated!  I have made some suggestions to Claire about my bedroom and they seem to have been taken on board.  But she said that Slick is definitely having the carpets taken up and it will be wood floors throughout.

 

Michael comes out, finally, and we can now go to Ross Park.

 

“So what are you getting for tonight?”  I ask as I lock the door.

 

“Definitely a thong.  I’ve already got the mesh top.  What about you?”

 

I take a minute to clear that image before answering.  “A cover-up, not sure if I’m going for...oh grab that taxi quick!”

 

HONEYCUTT’S HOUSE OF FOOD

 

SLICK

 

Emmy is mobbed.  “Sweets am going to be in the diner in a couple of hours, can you meet me there?”

 

“Sure sweetie, what’s happening?”

 

“You’ll see.”

 

I’m still snickering when I get to Phoenix Downtown. I poke my head in and the place is heaving.

 

“Hey what you doing here?”  Kyle gives me his usual kiss on the cheek.

 

“Meeting Justin upstairs. Business doing okay?”

 

He guffaws loudly earning a glare from a reading teen.  “Sorry dude.”  He nods his acknowledgement.  “Doing okay?  At least four people, and that’s just today, have said that a comic store should’ve been here some time ago!”

 

“Do feel free to mention that little titbit to, oh say, Emmy Lou.”  I snort.

 

“I was thinking more along the lines of Brandon.”

 

I raise an eyebrow.  “Please tell me that’s Justin and he’s single?”  Kyle sighs and I turn round.

 

“No that’s Brian.  The blonde is Justin and they are very much together.  And besides weren’t you squelching on Brandon just now?”

 

Kyle blushes profusely.  “Business you say, as in you have some…anywhere but here!”

 

“Come on guys.”  I lead them out back.

 

“This is a lot nicer than before.”  Brian comments.  “Do you own the parking spaces too?”

 

“Yeah why?”

 

“Parking is at a premium on the Avenue. You'd earn some serious change if you rented them out during the week, even more at weekends.”

 

I buss his cheek.  “You are marrying a business genius!”  I tease Justin as he grins and nods.

 

“Okay here it is.”  I open the door and hear the sound I wanted to as Justin gasps.

 

“This is incredible, especially the light!”

 

“Yeah, I was thinking if we knock down this wall and completely open up the space it could be a…”

 

“Studio.”  Justin breathes.  “It would make it so much easier to do the commission pieces for Sidney here as opposed to at home.  What do you think?”  He turns to Brian.

 

“What’s upstairs?”  Brian asks.

 

“Come see.”  I try to keep the smirk off my face as I lead them onto attic/roof space. The windows afford it light from both sides, like the studio downstairs.

 

“This could be my sleeping/living area.”  He walks round the space.  “We could put in a bed, a sofa…Brian you haven’t said much?”

 

He has been looking round quietly.  “I think it’s perfect.  It would drive me mad if you painted in the loft and this is closer to Bloom and the art district.”

 

“How much?”  Justin is bouncing on his toes.  “And I want to pay for it.”  He tells him firmly.

 

Brian nods and holds up his hands.  “But I get to furnish this bit.  Deal?”

 

“Deal!”

 

“To be honest, I hadn’t really got that far.  I knew you would want it but I was being altru-bitch-stic because…”

 

“Altru-what?”  Brian chuckles.

 

“You being here every day guarantees that the dumbass twins have to be out of here.  And you can eat lunch up here as opposed to Kinnetic.”

 

“Then I definitely want it!   When can I start bringing stuff in?”  Justin giggles.

 

“I was thinking of knocking the wall down today.  Trust me a stucco wall will take about ten minutes. The things that will take the longest is the varnishing of the floor.  And then maybe move in stuff tomorrow?”

 

I am engulfed by a happy Justin.  “Perfect!  Can we go to the art shop now?”

 

“And put it where?”  Brian says gently, calming him in the sweetest way.

 

“Good point.”  Justin looks a little disappointed.

 

“Okay let’s make a list of everything we need for your living area so we can look at furniture and order it.”

 

And there’s the Sunshine smile.

 

DINER – LATE AFTERNOON

 

EMMY LOU

 

We’re in the back booth. By we, I mean, Idaho, Linden and Brandon.  I’ve never really gotten to know Brandon outside of Babylon but it just goes to show how wrong you can be about a person.  Yes, he’s a fuck machine but he’s a respectful one.  Much more respectful than some people I know!

 

And going by the blink-and-you’ll-miss-it-unless-you’re-me looks that he and Kyle have been exchanging when he’s been in the diner, I think we have a budding romance to nurture or at least one hell of a fuck-night.

 

“Ah the gruesome twosome have arrived.”  Brandon smirks.  “Why is Michael looking so pink?”

 

“Oh he had a facial.”  I reply, trying not to laugh.  “Some blackhead extraction was called for.”

 

“Nice.”

 

Instead of their usual table they sit two tables away from us.  The next person through the door is Slick, carrying a large bag from Aldo.  She slides in next to Linden and gives him a soft kiss hello.

 

“I can’t wait for tonight, it is going to be awesome.”  Linden grins.  “Are you going to wear that blue bikini?”

 

“Nope, going to wear my leather catsuit. Swimwear is optional after all.”  She replies.

 

“C-catsuit?  What leather catsuit?”  Linden looks surprised.

 

“Well it’s not a catsuit per se, but more of a playsuit. Although I wasn’t sure what boots to wear with it, until I found these beauties!”  She opens the box and pulls out a pair of leather boots in a dark chocolate brown.  “What do you think?”

 

Idaho is nodding. “How long are they?  As in how high up the leg?”

 

“Just over the knee.  So there will be a gap between the end of my shorts and the top of my boot.”

 

“Linden?  Linden you okay?”  Idaho asks.

 

“I think we lost him just after he heard catsuit and saw those boots.”  I chuckle.  “Not sure you’re going to make it out tonight!”

 

“Oh yes I am!”  Slick clicks her fingers in front of Linden’s face and he rejoins us.  “I have always championed those two and I’ll be damned if I miss their do!”

 

Just then, in walks Brian and Justin.  Justin has the biggest grin on his face.  We move round to accommodate.

 

“Guess what?”  He beams.  “We got everything! Are you sure we’re able to move in tomorrow?”

 

“Absolutely sure Justin.”  Slick hands him a set of keys.  “There you go, the Penthouse Apartment and Studio above Phoenix Downtown is officially yours!”

 

“Thank you!”

 

“Penthouse, who is in a penthouse?”  Debs bustles over.

 

“My thoughts exactly.  What about the loft?”  I demand.

 

“Debs you’re back!  How was your little vacay?”  Brian kisses her cheek.

 

“Oh it was lovely.  Carl treated me like a real princess!  Now enough about that... penthouse?”

 

“Justin is going to use the top floor apartment above Phoenix Downtown as a studio, so he’s in as of tomorrow, well actually tonight depending, he’s in as of tomorrow.”

 

Judging by the gasp I just heard those titbits were received loud and clear!

 

MICHAEL

 

I look at Lindsay.  “Vacay.  What is a vacay?  And what does rent-a-dick have to do with it?”

 

“Vacay means vacation Michael and as for what he has to do with it I don’t know.  But didn’t you hear the rest?  That twink is going to be above us!”

 

“So?”  I shrug and try and catch mother’s attention but she’s now admiring Slick’s boots.

 

“So as a fellow artist, I know what it is to get lost in your craft.  So that means when he’s there, he will be there most of the day!”  She looks at me.  “Which means we can’t be or if we are, we have to be very quiet so that we’re not caught by him, because he will tattle to his acolyte!”

 

“Fuck.”  I hiss.  “Why there of all places?  Surely he’s got enough space at Britin!”

 

“Shush!  I’m trying to listen!”  She whispers hoarsely.

 

“So what will it be?”  Mother’s voice has Lindsay jerking round so fast, she seems to hurt her neck.

 

“Oh!  Uh.  Um.  Can I have the light salad and a hot water with a slice of lemon please?”

 

“And you?”

 

“Well first what vacay and…”  I start and she sighs.

 

“Last time I checked I don’t answer to you.  So you going to order or not?”

 

“Hamburger with extra bacon and an egg and fries with a cola.”  I catch the look Lindsay gives me.  “What?”

 

“Well I was just thinking that you might want a lighter meal so that you look you very best for tonight.”

 

“No I’m hungry, it will be fine.”  I almost sneer.  “So you went away with your boyfriend, did you?”

 

“Are you interested because you want to know or because you want to bitch?”  She asks. I take a minute to formulate an answer but she beats me to it.  “Ah you want to bitch.  So none of your business.”

 

“Fuck look at the time!  Come on you, we’ve got to get ready for tonight.  See you later guys.  Debs, can that be to go?!”  Brian shouts out.

 

“Sure honey. Be about 5 minutes!”  She calls back.

 

“Shall I bring the car round?”  Justin asks him. I almost want to gag at his simpering tone.

 

“Yeah.”   He hands him the keys and he waddles his fat ass out of here!

 

“Speaking of cars, Slick, remember to check on the parking spots behind the place.”

 

“Okay thanks for reminding me.”  She tells him.  “See you later.”

 

“Yep.  Thanks Debs. Ta-ta!”

 

He sweeps out without even looking in our direction. Well he’s going to see us tonight!

 

THE LOFT

 

KITCHEN

 

JUSTIN

 

“Oh yes!  Don’t stop... please don’t stop!”

 

Brian is arching on the counter and my mouth is round his cock and I have three fingers up his ass, stroking his prostate.

 

“Mmm!  Oh fuck, oh God oh yes!  Ah!  Oh!  God yes!”  His hips jerk twice and I swallow down his warm seed and wait for him to quieten before I slide my fingers out.

 

He sits up on his elbows and looks down at me.  “Don’t look so damn smug!”  He grumbles and sits up properly.  “So you’re right about the temp of marble.  Fuck me that is cold!”

 

I grin and lick my lips before he pulls me in for a deep kiss, his tongue searching my mouth for a taste of himself.

 

“Shower time.”  He grins and tugs me to the stairs.

 

I absolutely love having a shower with him.  Not only does he insist on undressing me slowly and tenderly. But when he washes my hair, it is the most sensuous experience ever and he’s so gentle round my scar.

 

“What are you wearing tonight?”  I lean back against his chest and arch into his hand as he slowly palms my cock.

 

“Was thinking of my leather pants and that chain mail top or the leather wife beater you bought for me and stuck in my bag or should it be jeans?”

 

“You like it?”  I moan.  “And I think your black jeans if you’re going to wear either of those.”

 

“Yes I like them twat.  And if you happen to be wherever it is you bought them and see one in dark blue, dark red or possibly dark green, I wouldn’t mind finding them in there and a bronze chain mail top…you know just if you happen to be passing.”

 

I giggle and turn to wrap my arms round him.  “Check the back of your closet at home.”

 

“Yes!”  He tilts my head up and kisses me deeply.  “However, can I thank you for that?”

 

I start to climb and attack his neck.  “Horny monkey sex?”  I whisper in his ear.

 

His answer is to pin me against the shower wall and reach for the lube.

 

BABYLON

 

CLAIRE

 

Where the hell are they?  I’m standing by cloakroom when they finally arrive, looking somewhat dishevelled.

 

I slip off my coat and out of the corner of my eye, I can see the appreciative look on Lindsay’s face. Well tough tits sweetheart I don’t fuck liars!

 

“Are you planning on going in there like that Michael?”  Lindsay demands, as he doesn’t seem to want to take off his coat.

 

“Come on Michael let’s go, I want to dance!”  Lindsay sways in what she seems to think is a sexy manner – it’s not.  She’s wearing a black and red bustier and frilly knickers combo that makes her look like a trussed up chicken.

 

Finally he puts his coat and the rest of his clothes in and I stare at him.  He’s wearing a black thong with a zip in the front and a mesh top that doesn’t quite cover his bloated stomach.

 

We agreed that we would keep a discreet distance between the three of us.  So as we head inside, we’re directed to a stand that has an array of masquerade masks.  We make our selection and hand over our cloakroom stubs.  We’re also handed leather chokers with numbers on them.  I look back at them for clarification but they seem as clueless as me, so we head to the main area.

 

“Wow.”  I gasp.  “This is incredible!”

 

Babylon has been transformed into what can only be described as an ornate dungeon.

 

As they pass me, I shout in their general direction.  “Guys!  Need the bathroom, meet you by the bar!”

 

I make my way to a spot where I can see them and watch as Michael pushes his way through to the bar but when they get there they all seem to be ignoring him.  I head to the bathroom to let Brandon know that I’m here.

 

By the time I get back to them, they are beginning to get frustrated.  “Excuse me!”  I call out but the barman ignores me too.

 

“Hey Samuel, help the lady out.  It’s not her fault who she’s standing next to!”  I turn and am faced with Brandon.  “You look edible if only...”  He drawls.

 

Samuel stops in front of me.  “Sorry Bran, we’re being mobbed down here. Hopefully the upper bar will open in 5 minutes so we can thin out.  You in the booth?”

 

Brandon nods.  “So the usual.  Bottle of Cîroc and five glasses Samuel.”

 

“But I…”  I stammer.

 

“Come on, you’ll have a better view and boothing has its privileges!”  He pushes the bottle into my hand and then pulls me behind him.  I look imploringly back at Lindsay and Michael, who stand there gaping incredulously at me.  Michael begins to say something only to be jabbed in the ribs by Lindsay.

 

LINDSAY

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I was going to call out to Claire that she’s with us, not with rent-a-slut!”  He snipes.

 

“What do you want?”  A barman asks.

 

“Two double beams on the rocks please.”  I tell him and give him the money.

 

Michael watches the Beam being poured carefully.  “Now what are you doing?”

 

“Don’t want them to put anything in our drinks.”  He mutters and I blink at him.  “Notice how long it took for us to be served and then…”

 

“Yes Brandon arrived and got served. But didn’t you actually listen to the conversation?  This is the only bar open right now. The upper bars will be opening soon.”  I look round and sure enough people are heading upstairs.  “See the bars must have opened.”

 

He nods slowly and sips his drink.  “It’s not quite what I had in mind for his final farewell to singlehood.  Not, of course, that it will last long, if the marriage even happens at all.”  He snickers.

 

I smirk at him and then nod.  “I like the masks though, they’re a nice touch. Bet that was Brian’s idea.  And speak of the devil there they are!”

 

MICHAEL

 

She points up to the catwalk where Brian and Justin are standing.  Brian is talking to Emmett with one arm draped over Justin’s shoulder, both of them wearing the same mask but in different colours; Brian’s is bronze and Justin’s is blue.  The chain mail top that Brian is wearing hugs him just right as annoyingly do the suede pants that Justin is wearing.

 

I want to be sick as Brian’s hand slides down to the back of those pants and stays there!

 

“Come on let’s try and find Claire!”  I shout and Lindsay rolls her eyes.

 

“We can’t try and find Claire. How would we explain we know her?”

 

“Oh right.  Well at least let’s see if we can get close to her.”  She thinks about it and then nods.

 

As we head up the stairs and lean against the catwalk barrier, I try to find her in the sea of people.  I do spot Brandon, who looks almost as good as Brian.

 

“There’s Brandon!”  I shout.  “So she must be close by.”

 

But before we can move the stage lights up.  “Ladies and gentlemen!  Now it is time to start the evening; it’s Butler Bingo!”

 

We exchange looks and roll our eyes.  “This must have been Justin’s idea!”  Lindsay snickers.

 

We listen with half an ear as a booth or table is called out and then two numbers afterwards, when suddenly I’m jabbed in the side.  “What the fuck are you doing?”

 

“That’s your number and hers!”  The guy hisses urgently.  “You need to get down there quickly.”

 

Lindsay grins and pulls me along.  “Oh this is exciting!”  She twitters as we get to the stage.

 

“Ah finally you are here.  Lateness will not be tolerated next time.  Now see those two men there, follow them.”

 

We follow the naked asses of the guys in front of us as they lead us to the next tier.  As we make our way through the crowd someone pinches my ass and another tries to go for my zip.  I slap his hand away and immediately I am pulled to a stop.

 

“Don’t ever do that again.  First and last warning, you don’t like it just say stop!”  One of the guys tells me and then pushes me forward.

 

“What was that about?”  Lindsay asks when I catch up.

 

“Some guy touched my fly and I gave him a slap but I was the one that was told off!”

 

“Right we’re here!”

 

The curtains to the private booth are parted and we step inside behind the two of them.

 

“Gentlemen.  Please accept our apologies for the delay but they weren’t listening when their numbers were called, but they are here now.  I give you…your butler-subs for the evening!”

 

Butler-subs!

 

We look at each other and then round the booth.  There are two high backed thrones and sitting on them are Grim and Twinkle.

 

“Subs?!  We’re not subs and we’re certainly not serving these freaks of nature!”  I spit.

 

“Freaks of nature?  Then why the fuck are you at their stag do?!”  The guy growls out.

 

Their stag do!”  Lindsay gasps.  “I thought this was Brian and Justin’s!”

 

“As if!”  Grim scoffs and then frowns.  “Who is that under there?”

 

“Come on let’s go!”  She hisses and starts to pull me out of the booth.

 

“Not with the masks on you don’t!”  Grim snarls.  “You have been disrespectful!  Take them off and leave!”

 

We look at each other and I shake my head. I just can’t have them knowing who I am.

 

“Master said to take them off!”  Twinkle snaps and before we knew it he had wrenched the masks off both our faces.

 

“What the fuck are you two doing here?!”  Grim clicks his fingers.  “These two are leaving!”

 

“Please can we have the masks back?!”  I plead.

 

“No.”  He replies coldly.

 

“This way.”  A bouncer growls and we follow him out with our heads bowed hoping nobody else would recognise us.

 

When we are near the mask stand Lindsay fishes out her phone.  She groans.

 

“What now?”  I sigh, trying not to explode at the indignities we’ve suffered.

 

“No fucking signal!”  She snaps and paces trying to get a spot.  “Michael what are you doing?”

 

“Trying to find my ticket so I can get out of here!”  I spit.

 

“Oh honey you just need to hand your mask in and you get your stub back.”  A queen tells me as he sashays to the stand with his mask.

 

We look at each other and groan.  Lindsay tries to explain that we no longer have the masks but the queen is not budging- no mask no coat.  And if we want to go back in we have to put something in the cloakroom to get a stub.

 

“Look let’s just call Claire and see if she can get the masks for us?”  I plead after shivering for 10 minutes.

 

“Fine!”  She snaps, glaring at me.

 

After another twenty minutes still no Claire but at least the bouncer has let us stand round the corner so it’s not so cold.  Just as she’s about to call her again the door opens and it’s Claire.

 

“Oh thank God, where have you been?!”  I demand as she hands us the masks.

 

“Trying to persuade the stags to give me them in the first place.  And you’re welcome!”

 

“You said it was the End of an Era Stag Do.”  Lindsay snaps. I do believe Lindsay is coming round to my way of thinking regarding Claire.

 

“That’s what I was told.  How was I supposed to know it wasn’t theirs?  Besides why didn’t you try and call me to find me? When I tried you and left messages to tell you where I was and I didn’t hear back or see you, I assumed you’d gone.”

 

“Well we’re doing that now!”  She snaps and flounces out.  “Come on!”  She calls over her shoulder before stopping to look at Claire.  “We need to talk about a few things, can you come round later today?”

 

“Fine.”  She snaps and storms back inside.

 

CLAIRE’S APARTMENT – EARLY SUNDAY MORNING

 

MICHAEL

 

Lindsay didn’t say a word all the way home and I try to keep the smugness out of my voice when I turn to her.  “So still trust Claire?”

 

“Just be quiet Michael and go to bed!”

 

JUSTIN’S STUDIO – LATE SUNDAY MORNING

 

JUSTIN

 

I can’t believe I have this!  We didn’t stay long last night because we knew we had this to do but according to sources Michael did a sterling job of being an ass again and got them both kicked out!

 

We went to the art shop early this morning and got loads of supplies.  The floors look great and Brian insisted the first thing that had to be bought was a coffee machine. But not just any coffee machine... His coffee machine like he has at home, in The Loft, at Slick’s and in his office at Kinnetic. The man is obsessed!

 

Everyone is around helping and I feel like a conductor.  The furniture guys are upstairs with Brian while he is organising up there. I’m forbidden to look until everyone is gone but I’ve seen a lot of bedding go upstairs and I’m pretty sure that rug was not on the list of things we ordered.  I look at Brian and he just mouths what at me.

 

Three hours later, it’s finally done.  My studio is complete!  I start to head upstairs but find my way blocked by Debs.

 

“Lordship says no.”  She cackles.  “In fact, I am charged with taking you out of here so that he can finish up in peace!  Now come on, you need to get dinner for this evening from Ems!”

 

I try batting my eyes and she just shakes her head so I resignedly lead her out.

 

We pass Claire on the way and she winks at us.

 

CLAIRE’S APARTMENT

 

CLAIRE

 

I try to open the door but of course the chain is on.  So I start calling them until one of them answers.

 

“You guys want to see me so let me in.”  I tell Michael coldly.

 

“Lindz, Claire’s here!”  He shouts to her and opens the door with a look of disdain.

 

I lean against the kitchen counter and look at them expectantly.  “Well?”

 

“Let me handle this Lindz...”  Michael steps up with what he assumes is an authoritative manner.

 

“Oh this should be good.”  I drawl.

 

“I’ve had my suspicions about you for a while now.  It seems odd that you managed to get into this place so quickly and…”

 

“EOHOPS.”  I interrupt.  “It means Ex-Offender Home Placement Scheme.”  I tell him.

 

“Never heard of it.”  He scoffs.

 

“Well you wouldn’t since you had somewhere to live.  I didn’t at the time.  And I wanted to stay round here and this is one of the places that was registered.  Here.”

 

I hand him a letter and watch the blush creep up his face and pink spots appear on Lindsay’s cheeks as she reads over his shoulder.

 

“What other suspicions do you have of me?”  I demand, digging my nails into my palm.

 

“Well not suspicions as such.  It’s just that last night…”  Lindsay blusters.

 

“Did you check your messages?  Either of you?”  I ask nonchalantly and they shake their heads.  “Please do so whilst I’m here. Oh and so there’s no mistake, do put them on speaker so you can both hear.”

 

They reluctantly reach for their phones and sure enough there are messages from me telling them that it’s not Brian and Justin’s do and we are on the upper floor and to come find me.  I called them each twice more with the last message saying I guess you’ve gone then.

 

“Anything else?”  I look at the two of them, who are both bright red.

 

“But you’re not living here, so where are you living?”  Michael regains some bravado.

 

I sigh.  “If you must know I’m back with my sister. She has an apartment in Mount Lebanon, but when Lindsay told me what happened and how you guys had been treated, I wanted to help out.  I mean you didn’t lie about anything, did you?”

 

“No of course we haven’t.”  Lindsay simpers.  “Look last night, well this morning, we were all tired and angry at the situation, which we took out on each other.  Let’s just put it…”

 

“Actually, you took it out on me.  And I didn’t like it at all.”  I interject and pause.  “But let’s just agree not to do that again and move on.”

 

They both look relieved.  “Oh apparently you’ve got new neighbours.”  I say, taking the letter away from them.

 

“Yes we know.”  Lindsay growls.

 

“Problem?”

 

“Yes the person above us is none other than Justin Taylor…”  She snarks.

 

“Justin as in that Justin?”

 

“The one and the same!”  Michael snipes.  “But seems it’s only going to be his studio so at least he won’t be here at night.”

 

“Oh okay, look I’ve got to go.  See you.”  I smile tightly at them and walk out.  Just as I’m closing the door, Justin comes back up the stairs.

 

“Oh hi, are you my new neighbour? I’m Claire.”

 

“Oh hey, I’m Justin and yes I am.  I hope we didn’t make too much noise when we moved in this morning.”

 

“No, I barely heard it.”  I bite my lip before turning round and catching a glimpse of Lindsay’s frozen expression before I shut the door.

 

“Nice to have met you!  Maybe we can do coffee sometime!”  I shout as I head down the stairs fairly confident that their ears were pressed to the door.

 

INSIDE THE APARTMENT

 

MICHAEL

 

“Maybe we can do coffee sometime?!”  I scoff and turn to face Lindsay, who looks angry.

 

“Well is that it?  Is it over now?”  She demands.

 

“What?”  I shift uncomfortably.

 

“Your ridiculous thoughts about Claire.  Can we get on with the most important things like the wedding and the show?”

 

I nod but still am not 100% convinced.  “So we have a date and a venue for that.  I’ll concentrate on that and you concentrate on the gallery.  And I have an idea about making it a little more authentic, we start to send emails now…”

 

“Now you are thinking properly!”  She grins and then looks up to the ceiling.  “Don’t get too comfortable up there, Vomit Boy!”

 

JUSTIN’S STUDIO – EARLY EVENING

 

JUSTIN

 

I’ve been stretching canvasses all afternoon and my hand is starting to hurt.  I shake it to ease the ache but only one thing will work.  And although I feel ridiculous for asking, I take a breath and call up to him.

 

“Brian!  Can you do my hand for me please?”

 

He pads downstairs and slips his shoes on.  “Sure.  He hands me a jacket and puts his on and then takes a bottle and two glasses.

 

“Come on.”  I follow him outside and I’m surprised to find a bench tucked under the overhang of the roof, it fits perfectly.  The blanket and cushions make it nice and cosy.

 

“When did you do this?”  I pull the blanket up further and sigh as he starts his massage.

 

“While you were overworking your hand.”  He pinches me in the side and I nod in agreement.

 

“So are we here tonight?”  I stretch like a cat as the muscles in my arm start to relax.

 

“Well for a bit.  Though we should go to the loft afterwards.”  He murmurs, pouring me a large glass of wine.

 

“Okay.”  I murmur and take a sip of wine.  “Oh this is good.  And even better we can walk there.”

 

“Exactly.  Or…”  He starts to kiss my neck.  “Take a cab because I fully intend...”  He sucks on my lobe and slides his hand under the blanket.  “...To christen out here and the bedroom before that.”

 

I gasp as he opens my jeans and slides his hand in.  “Brian we can’t not out here!”  I protest.

 

“Why not our neighbour isn’t here.  So who’s here to see us?”

 

“But-but we…oh…no don’t please.  Oh…oh God!  Brian can we go inside?”  I pant.

 

“But it’s a nice night.  And it would be a shame to have to move now that I’ve got a rhythm going.”  He purrs in my ear.

 

“Oh!  Mmm!  Yes oh yes please like that!”  I groan, writhing in his lap.

 

“Good boy.  I thought you might feel things my way.”  He growls into my ear before tilting my head up for a heart stopping kiss.

 

CLAIRE’S APARTMENT

 

MICHAEL

 

This is not fucking happening!  I’m stuck between the rock that is my front door and Justin’s hard place!  Because I had forgotten my phone, I had to go back and said I would meet Lindsay in Woody’s. She was insistent we take Claire out for apology drinks.  Just as I shut the door they came out. I had hoped they would go but no they don’t.  Instead they sit outside drinking wine and talking about his fucking hand and now I have the supreme joy of listening to them go at it.  My phone vibrates and no doubt it’s Lindsay wondering where I am.

 

“Oh Christ Brian, yes!”

 

“Good... is it good?”

 

“Uh!  Yes!  Oh please let me come!”

 

“This is what happens when you don’t rest your hand earlier…”

 

“Ooh!  Oh God!  Noooo, please!”

 

Twenty minutes later, he finally lets him come and he screams his release and his love at the top of his lungs.  Five minutes after that, I finally hear their door shut.

 

“Jesus Christ about fucking time!”  I grumble and stand up waiting for the blood to circulate better.

 

I double check that all is clear and as I walk down the stairs, Lindsay is coming up them.

 

“Where the hell have you been?”  She demands.  “I felt like such an idiot sitting there by myself.  Claire didn’t show up because she’s still pissed at us.  And then the gang turned up and were talking about the great time they had at Babylon last night!”

 

“Well I had the joys of the live show starring Brian and Justin!”  I snap back.

 

“What do you mean?”  She asks, shooing me back upstairs.

 

“They were fucking right there!”  I hiss and point in the direction of their apartment door.

 

“So how did that preclude you from joining me or at least calling me back?”  She demands, heatedly.

 

“Because I was stuck outside our door of course!”

 

“So why not go back inside?”  She starts to frown.

 

“They would’ve seen me.”  I say slowly, as if explaining to a small child.

 

“No at best they would’ve heard someone.  And the moment they did I should imagine that they would’ve just stopped and gone inside.  Or knowing Brian.”  She smirks.  “Not given a damn and carried on!  Why did you sit outside and listen Michael?  That’s just creepy.”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thanks