- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brain bleach warning.  

CHAPTER 74: OUT AND ABOUT IN BEVERLY HILLS AND MEANWHILE IN NYC...

 

BACCARAT HOTEL - SATURDAY MORNING

 

MICHAEL’S ROOM

 

MICHAEL

 

After last night’s misery of trying to get across town, we were freezing, absolutely freezing.  The cab itself cost $60 because he was just about to turn off his lights.  So that was a lot of money to be turned into an icicle!  Luckily, the bar was still open when we got there so we had a couple of brandies before heading to bed.

 

Lindsay insisted we dine in my room this morning so we’ve ordered breakfast. She’s tried to call Catherine a few times to sort out a meeting time for Monday.  I hope we won’t have to listen too much about how great, talented and wonderful Vomit Boy is!  And as nice as the food is here it would be nice to eat somewhere else for a change.

 

“So what are we going to do today?”  I ask because ideally I really don’t want to leave the hotel.

 

“Well, I’m hoping to go to the Mitheson Gallery to speak with Janelle about the programme. I need to find out the exact dates he will be gone.  I wonder if they’re going on a honeymoon…”

 

“Do you think Brian would stay with him in New York whilst he’s on the placement?”  I ask.

 

“Surely not.  He’s got Kinnetic to run and Gus to consider.”  She frowns.  “Although surely Mel would need to be working by then.  Unless she’s become the kept woman she claims to loathe!  You know, I’ve just realised something?”  

 

“What’s that?”

 

“I don’t know Lucy’s last name.  If she’s been linked with Craig then she must have some social connections?  Must look into that too.”

 

“Why don’t we just call down to reception and ask for her last name? She’d be registered.”  I suggest.

 

“Because we’re part of the group, we’re supposed to know who we’re travelling with.  No it can wait. I might see if Sandrine knows anything about her.”

 

The phone ringing announces breakfast is on its way. I could get used to this life!

 

DET. CRANE’S ROOM

 

CARL

 

“So let me get this straight.  You took a limo from the MoMA to see if they would pretend to be in the other hotel.  Which, they did and it’s on the other side of town?”  Crane asks me and I nod.  “And then you watched them walk out of the hotel and sat in the warmth of the car while they waited for a cab?”  

 

“When you put it like that; it sounds really spiteful…”

 

“And borderline entrapment?”  Bank frowns, worriedly.

 

“But you asked them questions that gave them a chance to be honest?”  Crane asks and I play the recording, thankful that Gus gave me a lesson on how to work my phone.  When Slick saw my old cell she just shook her head and presented me with an iPhone.  He watchers carefully and then nods.

 

“Can you email me that?”  His phone rings.  “Crane.  Oh hello.  Yes okay thank you.”  He hangs up and smiles a particularly feral smile.  “You go enjoy yourself Carl, seems that these two are idiots…with expensive taste in brandy.”

 

I shake my head sadly.  Slick is not a bad person and doesn’t hit back first like Michael and Lindsay seem to.  Whatever happened last night needed the calming influence of Brian to bring her around.

 

“Okay guys, keep me informed of anything.”  I smile and nod at them, heading back to reception to meet up with the rest of them.

 

JFK AIRPORT – CHECK IN DESK

 

JUSTIN

 

“Can I have everyone’s ID please?”

 

“Nope. You tell and I’ll hand over.”  Brian pouts. He’s tried everything, including two spectacular blow jobs, the last one included fingering, to get me to tell him what’s happening today.  My cock twitches at the memory.

 

“Here’s his.”  Slick gives it to me.

 

“How the…”  He looks stunned.

 

“Hey, I just use my ability to dip and pick for good.”  She smirks.

 

“Police officer present.”  Carl reminds her with mock officiousness but she merely scoffs.

 

“Mr Taylor, thank you.  If you and your party would like to follow me.”

 

I take Brian’s hand and tug him along as we’re led to a private hanger.  “You are fucking kidding me!”  Brian gasps as the plane comes into view.

 

When I told Slick what I wanted to do she insisted on being in on it.  But it was when she told me about his obsession with old warplanes as well as cars that we did a bit of research and found a place that restores them for private use.

 

“That’s a little small for all of us, don’t you think?”  Debs teases.

 

“You guys are in the other plane.  The Grumman FF is for Brian and I, but only one way because the weather is perfect. We’re in the same…”

 

Brian sweeps me into his arms and kisses me thoroughly. When he lets me up, I am gasping for breath.  “Thank you.”  He grins down at me.

 

“Mr Kinney?”  He nods.  “I’m Lucas, and I will be your pilot for this journey.  Could you come with me please so I can talk you through the controls so you can taxi out?”

 

“Taxi out?”  He echoes.

 

“Yes sir.”

 

“How much room is in there?”  He asks looking at me lustily.

 

“Not enough room for that.”  The pilot chuckles.  “I’ve tried; needed an osteopath afterwards.”

 

MITHESON GALLERY

 

JANELLE

 

I shake my head at the audacity of the woman.  Lindsay has just left having tried to find out about the placement programme.  Naturally, Charlie our receptionist, told her it was against company policy to disclose anything and I was out of the office.

 

“She’s coming back!”  Charlie hisses and I scoot back into the office. However, I leave the door ajar so I can hear her.

 

“I think I will look round the gallery. You said she will only be an hour or so correct?”  She demands, haughtily.

 

“Do feel free madam.”  Charlie smiles at her.

 

I smirk at her reaction to madam and watch her flounce off.  So now I’m stuck in my office until she gets bored and leaves.  But I know her type... she won’t go until she gets her own way.  Time for her to be put in her place.  I grab my phone and make a call.

 

LINDSAY

 

I keep an eye on the door to watch for her return, as I’m not entirely convinced she’s actually out.  After 15 minutes, I wish I had just called and asked as the weather is unseasonably warm and I would love to stroll around the park. But now I can’t leave for the next 45 minutes!

 

“Lindsay Peter…oh hello Sidney.  How are you?  I hope…yes I’m at the Mitheson, why do you ask?  No, I am simply visiting, not on a spying miss…Sidney you can’t stop me from going to whatever… Yes of course, I asked about the placement. I was mere…I was not spying!  Fine!  Enjoy your weekend too!”

 

I take a breath and wish that modern phones had the ability to be slammed down!  I fix a smile on my face and head back to reception.

 

“Can you tell Janelle that I had to go- family emergency- but I will call her on Monday?”

 

“Of course madam. I do hope that everything is alright.”  He almost looks sympathetic.

 

I turn heel and stalk out.

 

CHARLIE

 

“Madam wait.  Where are you going?  We can call a cab for you, if that helps get you to your destination faster?”

 

“Thank you that would be most kind.”  She smiles back at me, like suddenly I’m her best friend.

 

“Destination?”

 

“Baccarat Hotel.”

 

“May I have a card please?”  She frowns at me.  “So the payment can be processed.”  I explain sweetly and she just about stops her face from hitting the floor.  She hands me her card, smile in place but pointedly asks for a receipt.  “Of course, that will be $30. Is it okay to proceed and shall I include a tip?”

 

“Yes and the standard tip please.”

 

“Perfect, they are sending the cab now.  Here’s your card and receipt. If you’d like to wait outside, it won’t be another minute or so.”

 

“Thank you, goodbye.”

 

“Have a nice day.”  I trill and wait for the door to close then watch her get in the cab.  “You can come out now!”

 

“You naughty, naughty boy!”  Janelle guffaws.

 

“Me?  What about you calling Sidney on the poor defenseless damsel? Seriously, what is her problem?”  Charlie snorts.

 

“WASP who hasn’t…”

 

Charlie holds up his hand with a shudder.  “Say no more.”

 

SIDNEY

 

I know I should be surprised that she turned up there snooping, but I wasn’t.  I was rather rude and abrupt with her but, I am not minded to be kind.  Also, I’ve heard from other galleries that she’s been hawking her resume around and according to Debs is thinking that Justin has influenced them not to hire her.  No my dear, just look in the mirror to see who the real problem is!

 

BACCARAT HOTEL – EARLY AFTERNOON

 

MICHAEL’S ROOM

 

With Lindsay out, I was going to slob out a bit but I have found out that there is a Midtown Comics in Times Square, so I’m going there.

 

The shower in here is incredible and the towels so luxurious.  Lindsay’s room looks like she’s not in there but the whole point of being a maid is that there is something to clean up.

 

LUXE RODEO DRIVE HOTEL – LOS ANGELES

 

RECEPTION

 

JUSTIN

 

“Good afternoon, welcome to the Luxe Rodeo Drive, may I take your party name?”

 

“Taylor, Justin Taylor.”

 

“Ah yes sir, here you are.  Your floor is ready. This is Jorge and he will be your contact for anything and everything.  Please follow him; your cases have already been taken up.”

 

“Floor?”  I echo.

 

“What have you done?”  Brian growls in my ear.

 

“Nothing to do with him.”  Slick interrupts. “I said I wanted rid and so I’m getting rid.  Let’s go.”  Slick orders.

 

When we get to the floor, Brian and I just stare at the studio that she has upgraded us all to in disbelief.  There’s a sharp rap on the door.

 

“Where is she?”  Debs demands stalking in with Carl and Sandrine in her wake.  “That is too much!”

 

“Whilst I agree with what you are saying, I would caution against rejecting this.”  Sandrine puts a steadying hand on Debs’ arm.  “This is part of the grieving process for her and we must respect that.”

 

“She’s right Debs.”  Carl tells her.  “How about this?  Why not spend less instead?”

 

“Fine.”  She grumbles but then breaks into a smile.  “Have you seen the fucking bathroom?”

 

There’s another tap on the door and Sandrine opens it but there is nobody there.  Just a bottle of Jim Beam Green and two glasses.

 

“Um...?”  Sandrine hands it to me.

 

“I think you guys should go to your rooms. I suspect there is a little something waiting there for you too.”  Brian shakes his head.  “And besides, I want to chase this bombshell around the suite and you really don’t want to see that!”

 

“Leaving!  We’re leaving!”  Carl hustles them both out with Debs cackling.

 

SLICK AND LINDEN’S SUITE

 

EMMY

 

Slick looks accusingly at Linden.  “What?  You weren’t listening to me or telling me what’s bothering you.   So I called your other best friend.”  He protests.

 

“Now before we come onto whatever he’s talking about.  Let me just say, you are something else my darling Slickness.”  I clink our glasses.  “When you set your mind to something you go balls out.”

 

She smiles back at me, then her face fades to sadness.  “Emmy, can I tell you something and you lock it down?”

 

“Honey, you’re not really sick are you?!”  I start to tense up.

 

“No, I lock down promise, but Debs may wish I was dead afterwards.”  She sighs.

 

“Wait, this involves Michael doesn’t it?”  She nods.  “Well as I’ve always said people are responsible for their own actions.  Whatever it is that he is doing, he has a choice to do it or not.  Understand?  Whatever schemes he and Lindsay cook up, is just that, their schemes, and besides you said it yourself... you’ve never come after anyone without provocation and Debs knows that.”

 

“I told her that too.”  Linden comes out of the bathroom.  “But she’s still fretting.  It’s why I called you.”

 

Slick stands and knocks back the rest of her drink.  “Okay, okay, you two are right!  Happy now?”  She glares at us in mock annoyance.  

 

“Now come on caterer to MoMA, you need to be in charge of shopping with Hunter and the kids.  Jenny is already in Marc Jacobs and not even Daphne can hold her back!  Molly and France are going to Cool Cat Comic and Cards.  Then there’s the Griffith Park Observatory, which I think they will also enjoy.  I know that Brian will want to do the cars and Justin will do the art bit.  We are jamming everything in the space of two days.  Hopefully, we can get a late window for the flight on Monday night.”

 

I nod but then remember something Carl said.  “Lindsay wants to meet up on Monday as they go on Tuesday.”

 

“Okay so it’s settled.  We’re coming back on Tuesday from here instead of going back to New York.  We’ll spread this over three days instead of two for those that want to.  I know that Brian will want to shop so he can do that on Monday and people can do their own thing.  There’s a car auction that I want to go to.”

 

I nod and send a group text and within minutes I get enthusiastic responses.  “Brian said Justin will sort out the plane but his mouth is full at the moment!”  

 

Linden snickers and kisses the side of her neck.  “Welcome back my darling little bitch!”

 

BACCARAT HOTEL – AFTERNOON

 

LINDSAY’S ROOM

 

LINDSAY

 

Whilst part of me is glad that Michael isn’t here, it would’ve been nice to have someone to rage at.  How dare Sidney scold me like I was some petulant child?!  I decide to order some room service to calm my frazzled nerves.  A nice bottle of red and the beef sliders and truffle fries.  And yes, I think I will have a soothing bath before going to their cultural evening later.

 

I do feel a tiny niggle of guilt but the way she’s behaved, soon washes that away.  Like Michael says, it’s not as if she can’t afford it and this will get lost in the ether of her bill.

 

DET. CRANE’S ROOM

 

CRANE

 

“Okay, Miss, sorry Slick.  Well you enjoy Beverly Hills!  No, really we couldn’t do that.”  I laugh and shake my head.  “Okay, okay!  We will text you what we want and you can order for us as a last hurrah and goodbye to New York.  Thank you.  No really thank you. I’ve never enjoyed a stake out so much.  Bye.”

 

“What was that about?”  Bank asks, looking up from the print out of the bills...  

 

“Most of them, including Slick, are staying in Los Angeles until Tuesday and going home from there. Well that’s the theory anyway. The rest are coming back…”

 

“Oh right, so how will she settle the bill then?  And what made you laugh?”

 

“She will do as originally planned, which is pay when the last of her authorised guests depart.  Then the fun begins.”  I am really looking forward to this.  “And as for what was making my laugh, she’s insisting on us having a nice dinner before we check out.  She said she’s…”  My phone beeping interrupts me.  “Ah and there it is!  She said that she’s already spoken to Shore and he’s given his approval. See?”

 

He looks incredulously at the email.  “Have you seen the cost of the beers in here?”

 

I nod but we’ve got the go ahead and we grin at each other.  “Ribeye?”

 

“Oh fuck yeah!”  

 

LINDSAY’S ROOM

 

LINDSAY

 

I’m somewhat calmer now and will be having a face to face chat with Sidney about the way he spoke to me.  

 

I have been trying to speak to Catherine and typical, I was in the bath when she called me back.

 

“Catherine, it’s Lindz.  How is Los Angeles?  Great, glad to hear it.  So about Monday.  What…”  I swallow hard to keep the bitterness out of my voice.  “So you’re all staying there?  Oh I, see. Some of them are coming back but not until the evening.  But we fly out tomorrow evening.  Okay we will see you at home on Wednesday.  Enjoy yourself and have a safe flight.”

 

I throw my phone on the bed in fury just as the door knocks.  For once, I’m happy to see Michael as he will be of the same mind as me.  I become less pleased when I spot the bags from a comic book store.

 

“What’s wrong?”  He asks and then dumps the bags on the sofa and plops himself down next to them.  This would be fine if both he and the bags weren’t wet!

 

“Michael!  You and your bags are wet!  At least take off your jacket and put the bags on the floor.”  I snap and he winces, but I don’t back down.  “As for what’s wrong, it seems that a clique has sprung up with some are remaining in Los Angeles and the others coming back here, then flying home.”

 

“Who’s coming back then?”  He pouts.

 

“Not sure.  But it seems the clique of Brian, Justin, Slick, Emmett, Catherine, Sandra and their partners definitely aren’t coming back.”  I scoff.  

 

“So are we just meeting up with whoever comes back?”

 

Oh no.  Since they are taking the red eye back, they won’t land until early Tuesday morning. So we’re meeting up with nobody!”  

 

He rolls his eyes.  “Jesus! Pretentious much?”  He scoffs.

 

“They are having a fantastic time allegedly.  The weather is incredible and they’ve spotted the odd star or two!  Oh and the shopping is to die for!”

 

“What about the kids? Surely they are in school?”  He queries.  “They would need to come back so that puts a stop to Mel’s hobnobbing.”

 

“That’s true.”  I feel a bit better about that and smile.  “So let’s hit the bar tonight. I’m really keen to try those tier slider things.”

 

“And we can discuss the wedding without worrying about anyone overhearing either.”  He smirks.

 

“Oh definitely.  The first thing we need to do when we get back home is find out what time it is.”

 

SIP & SAVOR BAR - AN HOUR LATER

 

MICHAEL

 

“So I want a beer. I normally go for quite light beers but want to be more adventurous. What do you recommend...um Phil?”  I ask the barman.  “My name is Michael.”  I extend my hand and he shakes it.

 

“Either The Sixth Glass Quadruple from Belgium or the Lion Stout, which is from Sri Lanka, sir.”

 

“Would it be possible to get a taste of each?”  I smile and ignore Lindsay’s eyes roll.

 

“Of course sir. May I take your room number?”  He replies.

 

“We’re under the booking for Slick Phoenix.  I’m room 403.  And we’re just friends.”  I smile again, indicating between myself and Lindsay.  

 

“Good to know sir.  Right, this first one is The Sixth Glass. What do you think?”

 

“It’s quite nice.  A bit like a Kronenbourg. That’s the same region, right?”

 

“Right region, as in Europe but different countries of origin, but geographically they are pretty close.”

 

I nod sagely.  “And how close is Sri Lanka?  Would they have the same climate for the hops for example?”   

 

Phil stares at me for a minute.  “How close is...no sir they don’t have the same climate.  Sri Lanka is in the Asia Pacific region as in on the other side of the world.”   

 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the smirk flit across Lindsay’s face and someone snickers.

 

“It’s considerably darker as it’s a stout and will be heavier in taste.”  He continues.  “But has a lower ABV percentage than the blonde beer.”

 

“In that case, I’ll have the blonde.”  I smile again and surreptitiously look at his left hand as I’m getting a good vibe off him.  “I prefer blondes anyway and...”

 

“And he prefers brunettes.”  A woman leans over my shoulder and then lowers her voice a bit.  “Which is why he married me, right honey?”  

 

He smiles and continues to pour my beer in silence.  I take it and we move down the bar.

 

PHIL, THE BARMAN

 

“Thanks Vera.”  I heave a sigh of relief.  “How many times did I say sir, to indicate I’m not interested?”

 

“Anytime darling.  Seriously the only thing he wasn’t doing was trying to put his dick in your mouth.”

 

I shudder and move to the other end of the bar.

 

LUXE RODEO DRIVE HOTEL

 

BRIAN AND JUSTIN’S STUDIO

 

BRIAN

 

“Aaah!  God!  Please!  Fuck me!  Just fuck me!”  Justin begs.  “Brian please!”

 

Justin is quivering with his legs over my shoulders and I have just the tip of my cock inside him.

 

“Are you going to keep secrets from me again?”  I growl, starting to enter him.

 

“Uh!  Brian!”  He tries to lower his legs so he can wrap his legs round my waist. I start to withdraw.  He groans in frustration and I try not to snicker.

 

“Promise?”  I start to slowly enter him again.

 

“I c-can’t!  Spank me next time!  But f-f-fuck me now!”

 

“I promise to do that.”  I groan and allow him to wrap his legs around me so I can sink into him.

 

Now I had my own surprise for him.  I found the opposite to the warming oil and decided to mix the two to see how that would feel.  Judging by astonished look on his face, it feels good.

 

“W-what have you…oh!”

 

“Fuck!”  I grunt as I’m hit by the sensation of tingling and then coolness.  “Oh fuck!”

 

“Don’t move, please don’t move!”  He mumbles against my mouth.  “So good, just stay…uh!”

 

“Look at me, look at me.”  I grunt and it takes a supreme effort keep still.

 

“Now, move now!”  He gasps as his eyes start to flutter closed.

 

“Christ!”  I yell as thrusting increases the sensation. Within seconds, I have exploded with a roar and Justin starts to scream so loud that he grabs a pillow to cover his face.

 

Ten minutes later, we are still quivering with aftershocks, kissing languorously. Justin suddenly pulls away from my mouth.

 

“Oh fuck!”  He yelps, tightening his legs and clenching hard again, bringing me off too.  

 

“Shit!”  I groan as it was just as intense the second time.

 

By the time we come just as hard the third time, we are drenched and sticking to each other.    I gently withdraw and flop onto my back.  I’m surprised to find I am still hard when suddenly he whimpers.

 

“Oh God no!”  He arches and comes again. Just watching him thrash and grip the sheets is one of the most erotic things I’ve ever seen so I start to stroke myself and I join him seconds later.

 

“Mmm oh God yes!”  I groan.

 

After ten minutes, he turns and glares at me.  “Give me the bottles Brian.”

 

It takes two attempts to get up on my wobbly legs.  I find them and also grab us some water.  He drains the bottle, takes the oils from me and starts to read.

 

“Ouch!”  I wince as he pinches my side...hard.  “What did I do?”

 

“Not read apparently!”  He hisses and then shows me the back of the bottle.  “Warning this oil should not be mixed with any other stimulating or warming substances.”

 

“What can I say?  You’re gorgeous and…”

 

“Not going to work Kinney!”  He glowers as puts the oils on the bedside table, folds his arms and goes quiet.

 

“You do realise that the impact of your sulking is somewhat muted by the impressive woody you are still sporting.”

 

And there’s the giggle.

 

BACCARAT HOTEL

 

SIP & SAVOR BAR

 

LINDSAY

 

“Ma’am I think it would be best if he goes to his room now.”  Phil advises looking at Michael.

 

I nod.  Although I am lightly buzzed at least I stuck to one type of drink.  Michael went from beer to cocktails and is now almost asleep on one of the sofas, having struck out at least three times.

 

“Will you be able to manage with him or do you need some help?”

 

“No I-I think we... I mean, I can manage.  Just help me to wake him up please?”  I ask.

 

Between us we manage to get Michael upright and to the lift.

 

“Good luck ma’am.”

 

“Thanks.  Good night!”  I hiccup and just about stop Michael from sliding down the wall.

 

“Michael!”  I give him a sharp tap on his cheek and he opens his eyes.

 

“Where are we going?”  He mumbles.

 

“I need your key card.”  I tell him and after he fumbles for a few minutes before coming up empty.  “Fine you can sleep on my sofa.”

 

I lead him to my room and he immediately heads to the bathroom and when he doesn’t come out I go in only to find him sitting by the toilet, sobbing.

 

“Michael!”  I flop down next to him.  “What’s wrong?”

 

“Brian doesn’t want me.  Terez, the super slut, doesn’t want to convert me.  What’s wrong with me?”  He slurs.

 

“Nothing is wrong with you.  You’re a sweet man but they don’t appreciate you.”

 

“You appreciate me, don’t you?”  He looks at me imploringly.

 

“Of course.”  I stand up and put out my hand to help him up.  “You need a shower though.”

 

I leave him to it and head to lie down.

 

LINDSAY’S ROOM – SUNDAY MORNING

 

MICHAEL

 

Oh my fucking head!  I feel awful!  However, I feel a warm body next to mine.  A warm naked body.  Still got it, I think to myself.  But then I look across and I realise that the naked body is Lindsay!

 

Very slowly, I move out of the bed and collect my clothes and get dressed. Not once does she stir, thank God. I make it to my bedroom and discover I can’t find my card.  Heading down to reception, I explain the situation that someone must have put something in my drink and I can’t find my card.  She nods and issues me with another card and explains that there will be a $100 replacement fee.  I nod and sign the agreement. All I want to do is go to my own bed!”

 

I head upstairs, vowing never to mix my drinks again and wondering if us being naked means what I think it means!

 

MICHAEL’S ROOM

 

When I get inside something feels off.  I look round and everything of mine seems to be here but something still feels strange. I go to the mini bar for water and it’s empty.  I’m sure I didn’t take anything out last night.  Then I go to the bathroom and all the toiletries and bathrobes are gone.

 

At first I panic but then remember that this will all go on Slick’s bill.  I heave a sigh of relief and call down for a complete restock, blaming the maid service for the lack of bathrobes.

 

An hour later, I feel better having eaten and decide to have a shower so I can get out before Lindsay calls the room.

 

I head to the bedroom and pick up my case.  “What the fuck?”  I mutter.

 

My case has been cut in half and put back together to look like it is whole.  And the bottom half is empty!

 

“Oh fuck!”  I rush to the wardrobe and my leather jacket is gone as is the duffle bag with all my shopping in it.

 

But more importantly, my keys to the house, the address and my ticket were in my duffle bag and nobody is going to be in the house until Tuesday.

 

Oh fucking hell!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you.