- Text Size +

CHAPTER 79: REALITY BITES THE STUPID AND OPENS THE EYES OF THE SMART

 

BABYLON – LATE SUNDAY NIGHT

 

TWINKLE

 

The show is beautiful; Master Roman and Snook are so wonderful together.  Although for the delicacies of some of our guests, they are being restrained, pardon the pun!

 

I look down at our clasped hands, Master is spinning my ring… I find it comforting.  “Watch Twinkle.”  He whispers, kissing me sweetly.  “See how Snook arches his back like that? It’s very graceful and shows off his poise and control.  Ask him to show you how to do that.”

 

“Yes Master.”  I breathe as Roman gently corrects Snook’s position with a touch that makes him quiver.  “Look at the way he does the knots Master… without marking the skin.”  I lick my lips.

 

When I look across at Justin, his eyes are as big as saucers and he’s squirming in his seat. I look at Brian and he’s equally transfixed.  Master looks across at them both and smiles.  All too soon, it’s at an end and Snook is carefully released. The applause is thunderous!

 

Snook is wrapped in a cloak then carried off by Master Roman, each of us blinking rapidly as the lights go up again.

 

“Why don’t you and Justin go and check the presents?”  Master says.  “I’ve seen you looking longingly in that direction for most of the evening.  You can open one.”  

 

I grab Justin’s hand and pull him giggling to Brian’s office.

 

ROMAN – TWO HOURS LATER

 

“Gentleman!  Oh sorry and some ladies!”  I call out and the room goes quiet.  “I have some thanks to issue.  First, to Emmett Honeycutt and Claire Griffin, who have catered this precious event with such perfection and aplomb, we thank you.  A round of applause please and please accept this token of the grooms’ esteem!”

 

Emmett and Claire go bright red and take their gifts with a hint of trepidation.

 

“Don’t worry, your respective partners are going to love them!”  I laugh.

 

“The second thanks are to Brian Taylor-Kinney and Justin Taylor-Kinney for accommodating this event as they did the stag do.  Gentlemen, thank you!”

 

Brian raises his glass in acknowledgement and Justin grins a sunshine grin.  

 

“And now…”  I smile as I can’t believe it but it’s perfect.  “Please stand for the first dance as husbands.  I present to you Mr and Mr Lewis-St Bride and they will be dancing rather aptly to Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding from Fifty Shades of Grey.  Personally, I thought the first ten minutes of our show was better than the entire book series, but I digress…gentlemen the floor is yours.”

 

When Grimm kisses Twinkle’s hand before sweeping him into his arms, I look across at Snook and think how lucky I am too.

 

GRIMM & TWINKLE’S HOUSE – MONDAY LATE MORNING

 

BEDROOM

 

TWINKLE

 

I can’t help looking at my wedding ring and my husband.  Master is sleeping, I swallow down some coffee then run my tongue across his nipple.

 

“What a hot way to wake up.  What is it husband?”  He murmurs without opening his eyes.

 

“I have coffee and donuts Master Husband.”  I wave a donut under his nose and he sits up grinning then takes a huge bite.  “Do you think we will see more of Master Lionel and Matthias?”

 

“Twinkle.”  He digs me in my side and I squirm.

 

“Sorry Master.  Master Lionel and Lamb.”  I correct myself.

 

“I think so.  I know they will be at the blessing next weekend.”  He takes my hand and entwines our fingers.  “Still can’t believe that Slick and Lamb are brother and sister.”

 

“Master, I hope we never see that man again. But if we do, do I have to call him Master?”

 

“You should treat him with the respect he is due.”  He smiles across at me.

 

“That would be a no then Master?”  He nods and I smile but then he frowns.  “Master?”  He lifts up the blanket and then turns to look mournfully at me.

 

“It’s going down.  Do something.”  He bats his eyes at me.

 

“We can’t have that Mr Lewis-St Bride.  Let me see what I can do...”  I swallow another mouthful of coffee and slide under the blankets.

 

BRIAN & JUSTIN’S CABIN

 

TUB

 

BRIAN

 

I’m washing my husband’s hair; the way he wriggles back against me almost purring makes me smile.

 

“So what had you fidgeting this morning?”  He sighs as I rub his temples.

 

“I do not fidget.”  I protest, sluicing the shampoo out of his hair.  “But… when we’re back, I think I need to check on Cameron. I have a bad feeling about the guy.  There’s something somehow disturbing about a gay man who’s an obstetrician.”

 

“You too?”  He shudders.  “I can ask my mom about him as well.”  He rests his head on my chest then looks up at me shyly.

 

“What?”  He ducks his head down before taking a breath and looking back up.  “What is it Justin?”

 

“Yesterday was eye opening.”  He bites his lip and goes pink.  

 

“Uh-huh.”  I smile at his sudden shyness.

 

“I don’t want to, well you know but…”

 

“I’m not sure I could watch Lionel and Matthias but how about I speak to Grimm and Twinkle. Not that I want to see them either, but maybe they could...?”

 

“Thank you.”  He slides forward then turns and captures my mouth in a toe curling kiss.

 

“Oh I’m sure you can thank me better than that.”  I whisper hoarsely into his ear and he shivers.  

 

“Remove butt plug please.”  He whispers against my mouth.

 

“Butt plug?”

 

He looks up at me through his lashes and nods.

 

“When did you put it in?”  I reach down and slide it gently out of him and am amazed at the size.  “Where the hell did you get this?  It’s tiny.”

 

“This morning and from Twinkle.  They got two lots of the same ones yesterday so he gave me one of the pairs.”

 

“Pairs?”  I lift an eyebrow.

 

He nods and smiles.  “And they can be remote controlled.”

 

“Hmm.  First let me come home, then we nap and go for an interesting trek with our new little friends.”

 

“Oh yes!”  He leans against the edge of the tub and sticks his lovely ass out.

 

PITTSBURGH MEN’S CORRECTIONAL FACILITY – MONDAY AFTERNOON

 

INTERVIEW ROOM 2

 

MICHAEL

 

Mitchell Forbes just stares at me in disbelief.  “You do realise that they are going to make you make restitution right?”

 

“Why if they’re sending me to jail?”  I stare angrily back at him, huffing out a breath.

 

“Because Mr Novotny...”  He sighs again.  “That’s what they are going to do but if you were to offer it, then you might get a reduction on your sentence.”

 

I regard him carefully. At least, unlike Chen, he gave me something useful.  When she came back and told me that Lindsay would not be paying for my comic, I blew up at her and she refused to represent someone so petulant and temperamental.  But if Lindsay thinks I’m letting her get away with that, she can think again!

 

“So do you have something to offer?”  He looks hopefully at me but then looks downcast when I roll my eyes.  “Ms Chen mentioned in her notes that you collect toys.  Are they of any value?”

 

Toys?  They are collectibles and yes they are of value…”

 

“Great.  Well sell them and whatever money you get, offer it.”

 

“No.  And if you had let me finish, I would have told you that they are valuable to me and I don’t want to sell them.”

 

“Ms Phoenix didn’t want to be left with a $7000 hotel bill either but she was.  Now come on, we have a meeting with Ms Chen and Ms Peterson at Alleghany.  I think she has news on the trial location amongst other things.”  He looks at me and snickers. “What’s so funny?”  I demand following him.

 

“Something I heard.”  He smirks and leads me out of the facility. He starts to laugh hard when I get in the prison van and the other guards are smirking.

 

What the fuck is that about?!

 

PETERSON RESIDENCE

 

LOUNGE

 

NANCY

 

I can’t believe Ronald had the locks changed!  I had the ignominy of having to be let in my home this morning.  

 

“So, Ronald?  Can we discuss this calmly please?  I didn’t appreciate that behaviour the last time.”

 

He stares incredulously at me.  “You tried to sleep with the husband of a person I was led to believe is a friend.  And you have the temerity to cast aspersions on my behaviour?!  I can see where Lindsay gets her arrogance from.”  He snaps before taking a calming breath.  “Now I don’t want this to be any more unpleasant than it needs to be, so let’s…”

 

“Ronald you’re actually serious?”  I gasp, my eyes filling with tears.  “But I didn’t actually have the affair!”  

 

“The intent and previous affairs are more than enough.”  He looks at his watch.  “Right I’ve said my piece and I don’t want to hear yours.  Now if you’ll excuse me.  I have a meeting with my attorney, please make sure you give yours the paperwork as soon as possible. I don’t want to drag this out.”

 

He holds out his hand to help me up but I swat it away and pull myself to my full height.  “I will destroy you in court Ronald.”  I warn.

 

“Seven one night stands.  Two affairs and one attempted one, I don’t think so.”  He looks coldly at me.  “And then of course there’s the pre-nup.”

 

I start to feel sick.  “What pre-nup?”

 

“Remember when we redid our wills?  You were in such a rush to get to your assignation that you didn’t check what you were signing.  Oh the irony!  That was very remiss of you.”

 

He holds open the lounge door and then the front door.  I don’t look back as I walk out for the last time.

 

ALLEGHANY COURTHOUSE

 

MEETING ROOM 2

 

LINDSAY

 

“For the last time Michael, I’m not going to pay for your wretched comic!  And do you know why?”  He shakes his head.  “Because my parents are divorcing and refusing to help me.  But even if that wasn’t the case, I still wouldn’t give you the money.  It was an accident!”

 

“Can we stop this?!”  Melody snaps.  “My client hasn’t got the ability to pay.  And actually neither does yours.”

 

“What do you mean?”  He demands warily.

 

“You both share a storage facility, is that correct?”  Melody asks looking at me with pity.

 

Now what?

 

“Yes, I have some items of furniture in there and Michael has a van with some more of his collectibles in there.”

 

“Who was in charge of making the payments?”  

 

“Well for my things, me, but for anything we stored jointly, it’s both of us.  Michael would pay and I would give him the money.”

 

Michael’s head snaps at when he hears that.  “Other way round Lindsay.  I’ve got the money for you.”

 

“What?”  I gape at him.  “Oh no, don’t tell me that the bills haven’t been paid since we moved out of Slick’s place?!  I thought when you went there, you changed the address.”

 

“I was going to but Terez was distracting me.”  He protests, going red.

 

Playing you, don’t you mean?”  I snap and once again he looks confused.  “She’s gay Michael and is apparently with Claire. It was all a trick.  She was never interested in you.”

 

He goes redder.  “You’re lying! You’re just jealous because she wasn’t interested in you.”

 

MICHAEL

Lindsay throws back her head and laughs.  “I’m glad she wasn’t interested in me. She was much too obvious.  Burro.”

 

“Can we focus on the matter at hand?!”  Melody interrupts sharply.  “The storage facility owners are going to be holding an auction of your stuff this week in order to get the money you owe them.  And they have the right to sell whatever is in their facility.  Now do you own the truck?”

 

“No, I rent it.”  I start to get a very bad and expensive feeling about this.  

 

“Well is there anyone that you could transfer the money to?  So that they could pay the facility so they don’t auction off the truck and its contents?  Either of you?”  She looks at both of us.  “You will be liable to the truck company for the replacement of it if it is sold.”

 

“But that’s not my fault!”  I snark and she winces.  “But I suppose I could ask mother.  After all she held Slick back, when she found out about the painting.”  

 

“And that’s another thing.  And we’ve only just found this out so I suspect you don’t know.  But the harassment in the business, personal or private life clause of the restraining order applies to Ms Phoenix as well?”

 

“Oh for fuck sake!”  Lindsay snaps.  “She’s a bloody grease monkey!  Not some pampered princess!”

 

Melody narrows her eyes at Lindsay.  “You both stole her money.”  She points out.

 

Mitchell clears his throat.  “My client didn’t make the call to…”

 

“Oh come on Mitchell!  Nobody made him go.  Did you actually look at the bill?  The spa treatments alone were over $300 a pop.  And the bar bill was $1,000 for one night!  And that was mostly your client drinking them!  We have witness statements.”

 

“I did say to Michael that we shouldn’t have ordered all that food.”  Lindsay simpers, doing the ear tuck thing.

 

“Oh please, I’m a lawyer not some milk-sop virgin. Save that act for the stage!”  Melody’s tone surprises us all.  “So what are you going to do about the storage facility?  I need an answer so that I can try and stop them from selling your stuff.”

 

“I can get my sister to pay it.  Tell them a Lynette Peterson-March will be along to give them the money for it by tomorrow morning.”

 

“I’ll see what I can do.”  She grabs her phone and makes a call after 15 minutes of rapid fire speaking, she hangs up.

 

“What’s happened?”  I demand.

 

“What the hell did you guys do to piss off the people of Liberty Avenue?”  She looks at us and shakes her head in disbelief.  “Seems that some people were aware of the situation you were in and have taken advantage of it.  The auction was this morning.  All your stuff is gone.”

 

“You have got to be fucking kidding?!”  Lindsay shouts.  “Some of my things were handed down from my family!  Can you at least tell us who they sold to?  So we can try and buy them back.”

 

“Once the debt has been cleared the management of the storage facility will release that information.”  She turns to glare at Lindsay.   “And what exactly are you going to buy it back with Ms Peterson?  You don’t have any money remember?”  

 

Then she turns back to me.  “You were a very lucky man Mr Novotny.”   She laughs.  “The truck wasn’t sold.  As the contents were considered more valuable.  You will, however, need to arrange for the return of the truck to the rightful owners.”

 

I’m too stunned to speak.  How the hell can this get any worse?!

 

MELODY

 

Grease monkey!  When she said that and quickly smirked at me, I almost smacked her.  Oh no Miss Thang, you’re dead wrong if she thinks that we blondes stick together.  She’s been in here a week now and her sneering, snarling attitude and sense of denial hasn’t gone down at all well with the rest of population.  Ownership of your crime is the best way to get along with the girls in the Wing she’s going to be in.  Ah yes, here comes the rest of the good news.

 

“So with regards to the actual trial.”  I smile thinly.  “Even though the actual crime was committed in New York, you will be tried in the state of Pennsylvania.  Lucky for you.  Less lucky is that Judge Phillips will be presiding.  He’s going to be just delighted to see you two back again and so very soon.”

 

The flash of anger from Peterson is one of the reasons she’s going to be getting a beat down, if she doesn’t watch it.

 

“Take it you have a date then?”  Mitchell asks, hiding his smirk. Even though he doesn’t have the background, Novotny’s sense of entitlement is rampant!

 

“Provisionally, in four weeks’ time.”  I don’t have to wait long for the explosion.

 

“We’ve got to spend a month in this hell hole!”  Lindsay gasps.

 

“No you’re being transferred to Upstate as you are both considered medium risk prisoners.”

 

Novotny’s face is a picture of bewilderment and horror.  “But…”

 

I nod at Mitchell.  “Right we’re done.  We will see you in two weeks for the pre-trial hearing and depending on his mood you might be sentenced then or go to full trial in front of your peers two weeks later.”  We gather our papers and motion for the guard.

 

“Wait.  So where are we going for the hearing and maybe trial?”  Lindsay stammers.

 

“Pre-trial hearing will be here.  As for the trial, if I were you I would pray for either Mercer, Wayne or Blair.”   I smirk.

 

“Pray really hard.”  Mitchell adds.

 

LYNETTE PETERSON-MARCH RESIDENCE – WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

 

DINING ROOM

 

NANCY

 

Well the first stage of the end of my marriage is complete.  I have received my papers. He must have had them expedited.  I scrunch them in fury as I spot the pre-nup.  I still can’t believe I made such a mistake!

 

But at least I don’t have the embarrassment of anyone knowing about Lindsay around here. Such foolishness! A lesbian and a fraudster!

 

“Mother?”  Lynette repeats louder.  “What are you going to do?  You can’t stay here indefinitely.  We’d kill each other.”

 

I laugh bitterly at the truth of her statement.  “Give me a month at least.  He wants this over quickly so hopefully my co-operation will increase the settlement.”

 

“And then there’s the matters of Sandrine St Bride and Lindsay.”  She rolls her eyes at the mention of her sister.  “What are you going to do about them?”

 

“Lindsay is solvable by the authorities taking care of her.  Sandrine is another matter. She has some cache…”

 

Lynnette snorts and rolls her eyes.  “Some cache?”  She leans forward and takes the papers out of my hands.  “Her husband is an international attorney and…”

 

“She wasn’t looking after him properly.  I can’t believe that she…”

 

“Mother!”  Lynette cuts off my rant.  “She didn’t do anything.  Yes she was pissed but she didn’t say anything because he rejected you.”  I wince but she doesn’t seem to notice.  “He told daddy about it.”

 

My jaw drops in surprise.  “What? Are you sure?”  She nods.  “What on earth for?!”

 

“Because he loves and respects his wife!”  Oliver, my son-in-law, barks from the lounge.  “And word to the wise Lynette, try and look after anyone else while you have my rings on your finger and I will make what Ronald’s doing look like child’s play!”

 

“I know that darling!”  She calls back.  “And the same applies to you!”

 

His resounding chuckle annoys me immensely and I grimace.

 

“Don’t make that face mother.  Yes he’s my fourth husband but he’s my last.”  She stands up to join her husband.  “I believe that’s less than the amount of times you’ve played away from home.  At least I have never done that.”

 

I scowl at her retreating back.  She’s right. We will end up killing each other!

 

HOUSE OF FOOD

 

EMMY LOU

 

Slick has a very amused expression on her face and I can feel myself going red.  “So is the reason that Idaho is walking like that something to do what you got on Sunday night?”

 

I don’t look up from the notes that I have suddenly found interesting.  But I know my girl and she will wait it out until she finds out what she wants to know, so I might as well get it over with.

 

“They gave us some butt plugs of varying widths and I didn’t prepare him as much as we thought I had.”

 

“Sometimes sweets, a simple yes or no will do.”  She chuckles and carries on inspecting the place setting for the rehearsal dinner.  “Do I really need to tell you that this is perfect?  And you have to get me a set of cutlery.  Apparently, I need to get some posh stuff for dinner.”

 

That gets my attention.  “And why would you need posh cutlery?”  I put my pad down and regard her carefully.  “Slick?”

 

“MeetingLindon’sparents.”  She says quickly.

 

“Once more with spaces between words.”  I turn her to me just as Debs and Jennifer come in.

 

Debs takes one look at the situation and demands to know what’s going on.

 

“I’m meeting Lindon’s parents next weekend.  They are coming for dinner.  And I’m nervous.”

 

“Don’t be.”  Jennifer reassures her with a kiss to her cheek.  “Old money but new minds you’ll be absolutely fine.”

 

She peruses the setting and nods approvingly.  “Make that two sets, one for me and I should imagine that Justin will want a set too.  Debs?”

 

“It’s gorgeous.  Nice and heavy.  One for me too please.”

 

“So sorry I’m late!”  Claire gasps out.  “I have a very good reason, but let me get my breath back!”

 

We wait patiently as she gasps in some air.  “So Michael and Lindsay have both been transferred to Upstate.  Lindsay’s parents are getting divorced as Nancy the Shrew hit on Philip and he told Ronald.  And, finally, you need to go see Kyle, Slick, and find out what he did, it’s incredible.”

 

“I’ve got two Porsches and a limo, can you just tell me?”  Slick shakes her head ruefully.

 

“Phoenix Rising now owns the entire collectibles collection of Michael Charles Novotny.”

 

“WHAT!”  Debs screeches and immediately looks at Slick.

 

“Nothing to do with her. This was the Avenue looking after their Duchess.”  Claire grins.  “The storage facility they had their stuff in hadn’t been paid in weeks and so they held an auction on Monday.  Kyle knows someone there and made sure he got the collectibles.”

 

We all look at her before turning to sound of the door closing and watch Slick cross the road with a determined stride.

 

“Be right back!”  Debs yells running after her.

 

Claire looks at Jennifer and I confused.  “Coddling.  She hates it.  Slick is either going to fire him or hug him to death.  I just hope that Debs doesn’t plead for the collection back.”  I sigh.

 

Jennifer scoffs.  “Debs won’t do that I’m sure.  She and Carl are learning from each other.”

 

“I hope so.  Now speaking of learning, how goes the plans for the lesson to be taught to the Taylor-Kinneys?”  I demand. I may have said that I understood but I didn’t say they would get away unpunished.

 

“All set.”  Jennifer smirks.  “I can’t wait for Friday.”

 

PHOENIX RISING…DOWNTOWN

 

BACK OFFICE

 

KYLE

 

She’s not said a word.  She’s seen the collection in its entirety and is now checking the spreadsheet, which I have just finished.

 

“Any doubles?”

 

“No.”  I reply, wishing she would just shout or something.

 

“Honey, listen…”

 

Without looking up, she cuts across her.  “Debs this is business, love you, but this is between me and Kyle.”

 

She finally looks up from the spreadsheet before turning to me.  “You know how I feel about that shit.”  I nod and she leans back.  “We thank you.”  And with that she’s up and out of the office.

 

“Well that went okay.  It went okay, right?”  Debs asks worriedly.

 

“Kinda.”  Brandon’s voice makes her jump.  “Though I got the feeling she also warned you not to do it again.”

 

I sigh in relief.  “Yeah, she did.  And trust me I won’t be. You tend to get only one mistake with her.”

 

“Yeah.”  Debs cackles.  “Just ask the gruesome twosome.”

 

BRIAN AND JUSTIN’S CABIN – THURSDAY AFTERNOON

 

LOUNGE

 

BRIAN

 

“Mmm, a little lower to the left.”  I groan and sigh as his hand moves to my lower back and his sure and deft fingers ease the sore muscle.  “No more yomping for me.”

 

“Oh.”  I hear the disappointment in his voice.  “But it’s doing wonders for your ass; the muscles are definitely firmer, looking nice and peachy.”

 

“Well played.”  I mumble.  “Okay, we do a shorter hike tomorrow before we go back.”

 

“Thank you.”  He kisses said peachy ass.  “Turn over Mr Taylor-Kinney.”

 

As I roll over he snuggles into my chest and cover us both with the throw.  I can’t help but marvel at my life.  I’m married with puppies.  B&B are in their element here. It’s because of them that we went hiking for five hours every day since we’ve been here.  The peace and the quiet is another benefit.

 

“No.”  Justin mumbles.

 

“No what?”  I look down at him as he starts to drift off.

 

“No we are not moving here.  It’s impractical.  Our lives are in the city.  Every two weeks we come up here for the weekend, how’s that?”

 

I yawn and pull him tighter.  “Deal.”

 

“And you still owe me a massage.”

 

“Deal.”

 

PENNSYLVANIA UPSTATE WOMEN’S CORRECTIONAL FACILITY – FRIDAY MORNING

 

LINDSAY’S CELL

 

LINDSAY

 

I hold back my tears as my bitchy cellmate, Edna, carefully removes the page then tears it up into tiny pieces before starting on the next page.  When she’s torn up every page in my pad, she stands up smirking.

 

“Speak to me like that again and I do your clothes princess.”  She frowns.  “Actually maybe not... we’re being punished enough having to see you naked at times. Definitely, not pleasant.”  She stands up and kicks the pile across the floor before she swaggers out.

 

The one thing keeping me going is the fact that I know that Mel and Lucy won’t last.  Straight women don’t stay with lesbians…it’s only a phase for her.

 

MEL & JENNY’S HOUSE

 

BEDROOM

 

LUCY

 

I love seeing Mel like this.  The in control attorney reduced to a gibbering mass of lust.

 

“Oh fuck!”  She yelps and tries to wriggle out of my grip but I have four brothers who taught me how to wrestle.  I hold her wrists firmly above her head and keep her legs apart with one knee between her thighs.  “Lucy!  Please oh God!”  Her shirt is open and I’ve licked and sucked her nipples into hardness and my other hand is between her legs.

 

“Much too much noise.”  I whisper and cover her mouth with mine and then swallow her cries of pleasure.

 

I feel Mel shudder out her release as I pin her to the bed.  Then I start making love to her again.  As I suck her nipple, again, I think to myself how the hell did I ever think I was straight?

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you.