- Text Size +

CHAPTER 87: TAMING OF THE SHREW AND ‘THAT’ MOVIE

 

PETERSON-MARCH RESIDENCE – THURSDAY AFTERNOON

 

DINING ROOM

 

OLIVER

 

I glare at my wife and father-in-law with, looking, I hope, indignant and hurt.

 

“Bellini.  Blackberry…I made your favourite.”  Lynette presses it into my hand with an appealing expression.

 

I take a measured sip but my wife knows me better.

 

“You bad man!”  She pokes me sharply in the shoulder.  “You’re laughing!  Just tell us!”

 

“I want another one of these first!”  I chortle after draining my glass.

 

“You start then I’ll pour.”  Lynette orders giggling.

 

Start of Flashback

 

57TH PRECINCT – WEDNESDAY LATE AFTERNOON

 

OLIVER

 

“Attorney for Nancy Peterson!”  The desk sergeant yells and I stand up.  “Det. Crane will be with you in about 15 minutes.”

 

I sit back down and shake my head. Judging by the expression on the desk sergeant’s face, Nancy’s personality has started to shine.

 

I decide to have a quick look at the papers I picked up from Ronald’s desk. Whoever Nancy’s attorney is has to be kidding.  I take out my pen and start making corrections.

 

“Excuse me, are you the attorney for Peterson?”  I look up and nod.  “Det. Crane.  I was the arresting the officer.  Come with me.”

 

“Oliver Peterson-March.”  I am almost running to keep up with his long strides, so I was taken aback when he comes to a halt.

 

Peterson-March?  Are you and she related?”  He eyes me carefully.

 

“By marriage, not genetics.”  I wink at him.

 

“I see.”  Det. Crane tries not to smile.  “Well you would be doing us, and her, a favour if you could advise her of her right to remain silent.”

 

He leads me to the interview room and takes a deep breath.

 

INTERVIEW ROOM 1

 

“Det. Crane, may I speak to my client for a few minutes.

 

He nods and indicates that the officer behind Nancy should follow and she practically runs out glowering and tsking her teeth.

 

“Oliver!  I can’t believe this!  I have some major damage to repair. I can’t believe that snake did this!  Det. Crane has been extremely unhelpful.  After my first phone call, I wanted to call someone else, namely Andrea to explain this mistake, but he has taken my phone.  Then he had the nerve to sit me in a cell until you arrived.  I’m not a murderer or anything like that. I could’ve been seated in an office or somewhere else.”

 

She takes a breath and stops wringing her hands.  “When they finally advised me that you were here, I had been making sure that they knew how unhappy I was about my treatment and the complaints to come.  I got a few looks but I should imagine that this wasn’t the first time here for most of them.”

 

“Nancy, what exactly happened?  Have you made a statement?”  I manage to get in.

 

“I have no idea what this is about!  Just some ridiculousness about bribery!”  I ignore the meaningful look.

 

The door knocks and Det. Crane comes in with Melody Chen.  I look at her in surprise.

 

“Ms Chen, what are you doing here?”  I ask.

 

She takes a seat and takes out a file box.  “I represent the State and want to hear her version of events before you two watch ours.”

 

Watch?

 

Det. Crane clears his throat and nods his head.  “Let’s begin. Interview with Nancy Peterson with regards to the attempted bribery of Slick Phoenix.  Present are Det. Crane, Melody Chen, Nancy Peterson, Oliver Peterson-March and Officer LeRoy.”

 

“LeRoy?”  She snickers at me and while I don’t respond, Ms Chen glares at her.

 

“Something amusing Mrs Peterson?  Like your daughter, you don’t seem to be taking this seriously.  Try to remember what happened there.”

 

“I don’t appreciate your tone young woman!”  She growls and I cringe.  “If you had done your job properly, Lindsay would be free!”

 

“Nancy be quiet!”  I hiss at her.  “Apologies, Ms Chen. She’s been under a bit of strain…”

 

“Oliver, do not think to apologise for me or the way I treat people!”  I want to die as she glares at Ms Chen and Officer LeRoy.  “Especially those of her ilk.  Besides, if anything she owes me and Lindsay an apology for the wholly inadequate job she did of keeping…”

 

“Nancy…”  I begin.

 

“One more word Mrs Peterson and bribery won’t be the only charge you face.”  Det. Crane warns.

 

I clench my fists under the desk and pray for her to be quiet.  And for once my prayers are answered.

 

“Good.  Now let’s try this again.  Mrs Peterson you approached Ms Phoenix in her place of work trying to persuade her to drop the charges against your daughter.”

 

“I was following legal advice I had received.”  She bristles.  “You need to speak to him Oliver as he clearly advised me wrongly.”

 

“Who’s him?”  Det. Crane asks pen poised.

 

I watch that WASP smile bloom in her eyes and feel sorry for whoever she’s going to throw under the bus.

 

“Lionel Barth.   He told me that the State would take that into consideration if the victim was compensated and I went around to…”

 

“Lionel Barth?  The international lawyer?”  Ms Chen interrupts her and she nods.  “I highly doubt that he would’ve said that to you.  He needs to be contacted urgently about this.  I hope in your distressed state, you are mis-remembering his words because he is very protective of his business reputation and highly litigious of anyone that wants to cause reputational damage.”

 

I blink and gulp as she gets up and leaves.  “Ms Chen has left the interview to contact Lionel Barth but we will continue.”  Det. Crane extols.

 

“As I said, he said that if the victim felt that they were compensated the State would take that into consideration.  That’s why I offered her the money back.”  Nancy continues as if she’s not taken on one of the biggest lawyers in the world.

 

The door opens again and she comes back in.  “Ms Chen has returned.  Did you manage to get in touch with Mr Barth?”

 

“Yes, his PA will be sending a recording of their conversation within the next hour.”  She looks across at me.  “What did I miss?”

 

“Mrs Peterson was just saying she offered her the money back.”  Det. Crane explains.

 

“And that’s all I did.  She was very high handed and I left.  It wasn’t until Lindsay fainted that…”  Finally the penny drops and she gasps.  “Wait, did you say recording?  What recording?!”

 

She nods.  “Yes Mr Barth always records any conversation that involves legal advice.  No matter who it is with.”

 

“And that’s all you offered her?”  Det. Crane asks her.

 

“Yes.  I…”  She ignores my poke to her thigh.

 

“May I have a moment to speak to my client?”  I interrupt.

 

“Two moments.  Interview suspended.  Det. Crane, Ms Chen and Officer LeRoy are leaving the room.”

 

“Whatever you’re thinking of doing, don’t do it!”  I snap at her.  “They clearly have more than you think so just be honest.  And if Lionel Barth comes after you, you are on your own!”

 

“Let’s see what they think they have first, shall we?  Surely that’s the first rule of being an attorney never show your fear?

 

“Of course it is.  You know best.”  I snark before raising my finger and they come back in again.

 

“We resume where we left off.”  Det. Crane tells me and Nancy continues to glare imperiously.

 

“Of course.”  I reply and he nods for the recording to resume.

 

“So Mrs Peterson, you maintain that you offered Ms Phoenix the money and that’s all?”

 

She sighs in such a put upon manner and smiles at him like she’s talking to a small recalcitrant child.  “Yes that’s all.  Can I write my statement now so I can leave?  This has been supremely tiresome and…”

 

“Uh what my client means is…”  I begin as Melody starts to push the pad in her direction.

 

“Oliver, please I just want to go home.”  She interrupts brusquely.

 

“Can we see your evidence to the contrary?”  I ask and she sits back with a pout.

 

“Of course.”  Det. Crane turns to the window.  “Play the disc!”

 

The disc starts with her coming into the emporium and ends with Nancy stalking out with that flea in her ear.  I have to say that she handled Nancy beautifully and then of course there’s the court disc.  I hear the cough behind me and watch Melody’s mouth twitch when it comes to Gus’s speech and then when she stumbles slightly on her way out the door, Officer LeRoy barks out a laugh.

 

“Apologies.”  Officer LeRoy states.

 

Nancy chooses that moment to be even more charming.  “I should bloody well hope so too!”  She shouts whirling around and glaring.  “I have had…”

 

“I wasn’t apologising to you.  You don’t deserve it.”  Officer LeRoy glares back.   “I was apologising to Det. Crane and Ms Chen for interrupting their interrogation.”

 

“You don’t think you should apologise to me?”  Nancy looks incredulous.  “I don’t like your tone. I want to speak to your superiors. Let us see how they respond to your mistreatment and lack of manners!  Which backwater were you dragged up from?!”

 

And then she, as one of my friend’s teenage sons says gets to stepping up.

 

“Sit down ma’am.”  Officer LeRoy orders but Nancy ignores her.  “As for my superior, well that would be…”

 

“I will not be ordered about by the likes of you…”

 

“Mrs Peterson!”  Det. Crane shouts and that gets her attention.  “Sit down, or I shall have Officer LeRoy here arrest you for threatening behaviour.”

 

“Mrs Peterson, please sit down.  You don’t want to spend…”  Melody begins.

 

“And once again, you can shut up as well.  You slant eyed…”

 

“That’s it!”  Det. Crane yells.  “Interview terminated at 1755 due to the arrest of Nancy Peterson for threatening behaviour and racially aggravated verbal assault.  Officer LeRoy take her down.”

 

I watch as Officer LeRoy calmly reads out her rights and it takes to the end of that for it to hit her what is happening.

 

“Wait a minute!  You can’t be serious!  I’ve been under a lot of…”

 

“And have been warned several times, which like your attempted bribery of Ms. Phoenix, has been recorded.”  Melody snarks.  “Oh and the recording with Lionel Barth has arrived. I do hope that doesn’t add to your troubles.”  She turns to Det. Crane.  “We will resume this interview tomorrow morning.  Good night gentlemen.”

 

“Wait!  Ms Chen!  If I can…!”  Nancy implores.

 

“No you can’t.”  Officer LeRoy interrupts.  “Now let’s go, we’ll get your carriage your ladyship.”

 

“Carriage?”  She looks fearfully at me and then Det. Crane.

 

“Yeah.  You were so upset about staying a few hours ago so we’re taking you to county.”  Officer LeRoy smirks and with a firm tug pulls her out of the room with her shouting my name.

 

End of flashback

 

LYNETTE

 

“Oh my goodness!”  I gasp and hand Oliver another drink and then frown.  “But why are you only back now?”

 

“My darling, I haven’t finished.”  Oliver snickers.

 

Back to flashback

 

57TH PRECINCT – NEXT MORNING

 

As I approach, the desk sergeant he smiles at me.  “Good morning Mr Peterson-March, your client is in Interview Room 2 and Det. Crane will be out in a few.”

 

I can’t help smiling back.  “So has she lost a bit of attitude?”

 

“Oh you could say that.”  He snorts.

 

“Mr Peterson-March, I hope you had a pleasant night’s sleep.”  Det. Crane asks and then the snickering starts and I look at him.  He glares at the desk sergeant who composes himself by clearing his throat.  “Mr Peterson-March, let’s go.”

 

As we stride towards the interview rooms, I notice Officer LeRoy and Melody outside the interview room door; Det. Crane stops and gestures towards them and they approach.  Quickly, he checks another room and virtually shoves us in.

 

“What on…”  I begin only to be interrupted by Det. Crane, snorting with laughter.

 

“Get it out ladies!”  He orders between chuckles and the girls virtually collapse on each other.

 

“Oh my God, it looks like she got hosed by Bertha!”  Officer LeRoy giggles.

 

“Who’s…?”  I look confused.

 

“Did you know she wears a-a-a wig?”  Melody gasps out.

 

“No, she’s always…”  I begin as Melody virtually slides down the wall.

 

“I would advise that she gets a weave before she goes in.”  Officer LeRoy wipes her eyes.  “I can hook her up with my girl.”

 

I look at Det. Crane and he is actually crying with laughter.

 

“Oh come on, it can’t be that bad?!”  I demand.

 

INTERVIEW ROOM 2

 

When I get into the room, I come to a halt and harness every ounce of WASP training I have!

 

Nancy has clearly tried to do some form of clean up and adjustment but she looks like she had her make-up applied and then taken off by Danny La Rue’s assistant in the dark.  Her hair is crooked and almost falling down one side of her head.  She’s got a couple of broken nails but other than that she looks great!

 

“Oliver, good morning.”  She mumbles and I sit next to her.

 

“Interview resuming with Nancy Peterson’s attempted bribery of Slick Phoenix.”  Det. Crane speaks coldly.  “As we mentioned briefly yesterday, Lionel Barth sent over his recording.  You were shown the recording from Slick’s Car Emporium and wanted to write your statement.  Here you go.”

 

He slides the pad and pen over and she picks up the pen before pausing.  “And after this, I can go home?”  She demands regaining, unwisely, some of her vigour.

 

“Yes you will be released but we will need an address to send the court papers to.”

 

“I will be with my daughter and son-in-law.”  She replies tersely and rolls her eyes.  She starts to write without even looking at me.

 

Det. Crane looks at me and I just gape at her high-handedness!

 

“I will give you the address afterwards Det. Crane.”  I reply.

 

“I can give you that now.  It’s…”

 

“I’ll take it afterwards Mrs Peterson.  After all, he’s a lawyer and doesn’t want his address recorded for posterity.”

 

“I suppose so.”  She shrugs and continues to write.  After about 10 minutes she’s done.

 

“And this is your version of events?”  Melody asks.  “Including your conversation with Lionel Barth?”

 

She glares at her.  “Was I not clear enough yesterday?”  Before I can stop her, she pushes the pad towards her and hands the pen back to Det. Crane.  “Here, this is the true version of events, that disc was doctored.  Now come Oliver, I want to go home and have a soak and a long nap.”

 

Det. Crane nods and her simpering tone invades the room followed by the exact legal advice Lionel Barth gave her.

 

As the recording ends, there is silence.  Melody clears her throat and slowly starts to read what Nancy has written.  “My-oh-my.  Seems you have mis-remembered what Lionel Barth told you.   But don’t worry, I’m sure his lawyer will be more than understanding when we send him the recordings and your statement, owing to the stress you were under.”

 

“Um…”  Nancy stutters as all colour seems to pool in her feet.

 

“Well good day Mr Peterson-March, Mrs Peterson. Interview ended at 1122.”

 

“But…”  Nancy begins again.

 

“This way ma’am.”  Officer LeRoy holds the door open.  “Turn left for freedom, no matter how temporary.”

 

I can hear Melody’s chuckle and that seems to stiffen Nancy’s resolve.  “Come Oliver, let’s get out of here.  I can’t wait to be able to make some phone calls to some important people I know.”

 

She strides ahead of me without a backward glance.

 

“Mr Peterson-March, you can give the address to the desk sergeant.”  Det. Crane sighs as Nancy continues to walk out.  “I wish you a good day… sincerely.”

 

After I finish giving the details to the desk sergeant, I find her at the car attempting to fix herself some more in the mirror.

 

I open the door and she gets in with a sigh. When I get in on the other side, I wait for her to say something, anything.  But she just looks through her stuff and then she huffs a breath.

 

“Battery is flat.”  She rests her head before plugging in the phone to charge.  “I can’t wait for a bath and a lie down. Let’s go, I need to do some major damage repair.”

 

With a smile, I start the engine.  After about ten minutes, she dozes off and it’s not until we reach the Hilltop Inn that I wake her up.

 

“Nancy, come on, I thought you’d like to freshen up.”  She looks around dazedly before getting out and taking out her small vanity.  I point her in the direction of reception and then follow her with the bus boy wheeling in her cases.

 

“Oliver you don’t need to wait here…”  She says as she finishes filling out the card.

 

“I wasn’t going to wait.  I hope you enjoy your bath and nap.  Goodbye Nancy.”

 

“Good…?  What on earth are you doing Oliver?  I’ve had a couple of trying few days…”

 

“All brought on by yourself.”  I interrupt her sharply.  “Lynette doesn’t want you in our home and even if she did, I would refuse.  And do you know why?  Not only because you are a horrible person but not once have you said thank you for what I’ve done over the last couple of your tiresome days.  And then on top of that, you have the arrogance to expect that we would take you in without question.  Despite having kicked you out previously.  We have registered you here and your dear friend Andrea sent your things to us so they are being taken to your room.  And here…”  I hand her the documents I had been working on.  “Give this to your attorney. You are not fucking Ronald over again!”

 

She clutches the reception desk and looks appalled.  “Oliver you can’t…!”

 

“I can and will.  Lynette and Ronald thought that this would be the perfect place.  Nobody knows you here, let alone cares!”

 

I storm back out and once in the car, open all the windows and pull out leaving the indignant shape and sound of Nancy fading into the distance.

 

Such a shame she left her phone charging in my car.

 

End of flashback

 

RONALD

 

I notice the worried expression on Oliver’s face and reach over and squeeze his arm.

 

“Oliver, you need to decide where I’m taking the pair of you for dinner.”

 

He beams a relieved smile and Lynette gives me a hug.

 

BRITIN – LATE EVENING

 

BRIAN

 

Okay something smells good.

 

I head downstairs; Bagheera sits up and thumps his tail sleepily at me.

 

“Go back to sleep Bagghie.”  I whisper and he flops back down with a contented snort.  I have long given up trying to stop them from sleeping in the lounge.

 

I follow my nose and it leads me to the kitchen and I smile, leaning against the door.  My husband is leaning against the island and the kitchen is filled with the smell of fresh bread.  He’s wearing a muscle tee and a pair of sweats.  The tee shows off his creamy skin and light muscle, we’ve been working out together and it shows.

 

His hair is now at shoulder length and he scratches the back of his skull with a slightly floured hand.

 

“Whatcha doin’?”  I ask coming up behind him and he rests against my bare chest.

 

“Thinking if I should add seeded praline to this or just knock it out and have it plain.”  He points to a bowl with a proofed dough in it.

 

“Oh seeded praline sounds good. Is it for the freezer?”  I kiss his shoulder and then sniff.  “So what have you done?  Is that the peach and almond bread?”

 

“Yes and yes.  And no you can’t have any now; it needs to cool.”

 

“What’s in there?”  I point at a ceramic pot.

 

“Butter.”  He kisses under my chin.  “Freshly made.”

 

“You made butter?”  I’m truly stunned.  “How?”

 

“You just need to keep whipping double cream and you get butter, salted or unsalted?”

 

He reaches over and using a spoon takes out some and holds it up to my lips and it is so good!

 

“Oh God, do not let me eat too much of that!  That is so good. And salted in answer to your question.”

 

He giggles softly recovering the dish.  Scratching his shoulder leaves a trail of flour. I lick it off and he sighs.  I lift his hair and gently tilt his head so I can get to a hot spot round the base of his skull and down back of his neck.

 

I mouth his neck and the reaching for the bowl falters.  “Brian…”

 

“Pop quiz.  You like movies right?”  I breathe into his ear, nipping his lobe.

 

“Mmm…”

 

“So you can name it right?”  I watch his eyes flutter closed.

 

“Uh?”  He breathes, gripping the bowl.

 

I take the lid off the butter and dip in my fingers then smear some on his lips before tipping his head back so I can kiss it off.  “That’s not good...”  I groan as we come up for air.  “It’s delicious!”

 

I stop him from turning round and starting to climb.  “No you need to name the movie.”  I remind him.

 

“Brian.”  He whimpers as I go back to mouthing his neck.  “C-can I have a clue?”

 

“Three verbal and one physical.”  I reply and start to tug on his tee and he lifts his arms. I have no idea where it landed.  “First, verbal…one of my favourite actors.”

 

I reach around and pinch his nipples; kissing and licking his spine going lower with each kiss.

 

“Uh James Dean?”  He gasps and leans forward with his eyes closed.

 

“No.”

 

He writhes and gasps as my tongue alternates between his spine and the back of his neck.

 

“Um…oh….I…um…”

 

“We watched him last weekend.”  I kiss my way down to the base of his spine and hook my fingers on each side of his sweats before sliding my hand inside and palming his cock.  He bucks forward but I pull him back and go back to kissing, licking and pinching…he mewls a protest and I can’t help the chuckle.

 

“Mar-lon Brando?”  He groans.

 

“Yep and the movie involved food.”  I palm his cock whilst pulling his sweats down with my feet.

 

“F-food?”  He moans and steps out of his sweats.  “The Godfather?”  He manages to pant out.

 

“No… it is known as the butter movie but it has to be said he lacked some finesse.”

 

I reach for the butter and scoop some out then apply some to his cock and then slide my fingers between his cheeks.

 

“But…butter?  Uh Brian what are you doing?”  His eyes fly open and he tries look round but I shift him forward so that his feet are just off the floor.  “Brian?”

 

“Having some butter with my cream.”  I reply and flip him over and swallow him down.

 

“Brian!”  He cries in delight.

 

Unfortunately, with the greasiness of my fingers, he’s a little difficult to keep still!  I hook both his legs over my shoulders then dip into the butter and slide my fingers between his cheeks again and finger his hole.  Soon my fingers are sliding in and out of him in time with my sucking.

 

“Oh fuck, oh God!  Aaaah!”  He screams as he pumps into my mouth and clamps down on my fingers.  I rub his stomach and wait for him to quieten and let him slide out of my mouth before slowly sliding my fingers out causing him to whimper.

 

“Br-Brian…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“You…”  He gasps sitting up and wrapping himself around me.  “You are making that loaf again as it ended up on the floor.  Then you can tell me if I was right about the movie after I show you how good that felt.”

 

“Deal.”  I murmur against his ear.  Picking him up, I start to carry him upstairs.

 

“Wait.”  I stop and frown.  “We need the butter.”

 

My cock twitches with happiness.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thanks