- Text Size +

 

Opposites Attract

Chapter 5





Brian drove his Corvette towards Babylon. He hadn’t been there for several days, having had far too much work to do at Kinnetik. And then there was the disruption known as Justin Taylor that he had had to contend with. Even though Brian owned Babylon, it had lost some of its appeal lately. Since the club had reopened after the bombing, Brian had left it pretty much in the hands of the manager and Ted. That was another thing he would have had to replace if he hadn’t taken Ted back.

Brian still used the backroom at Babylon when the mood hit him, but he had had all the really attractive men who frequented the place. His refusal to do seconds still applied, and that severely limited his choices.

With a small grin he wondered what Justin would be wearing at Babylon this night. He knew whatever it was, Justin would look hot. He always looked hot, even in his baggy cargo pants. Brian always knew what was under them, and that ass was prime.

Brian shifted in his seat as his cock sprang to life at the thought. “Down boy,” he muttered, turning his thoughts elsewhere. As he was nearing Babylon, he glanced at his watch noting that it had just turned eleven. He slowed the Corvette. No way was he going to be on time. Nobody told him what he was going to do.

He chuckled out loud. That’s what Justin had said to him. “You don’t tell me what to do, not now, not ever.” Feisty little bastard!

Brian took his time parking the car and making his way to the front door of Babylon. The line of people was impressive and he grinned knowing that Babylon was making him money. The bouncer greeted him respectfully. Brian glanced down the line to make sure that Justin wasn’t waiting. It would have been nice to gloat over Justin Taylor being turned away, but Brian knew that Justin was hot enough that the bouncer would have let him in right away.

Taking his time, Brian sauntered onto the dance floor of Babylon. He looked around with that predatory gaze that he had perfected over the years. He saw a young man with red hair dancing shirtless nearby. He filed the man away as a possible after he had disposed of Justin. He figured he’d need some kind of relief after that, and sex had always been his best form of pain management.

Making his way through the crowd, Brian approached the bar that he was sure Justin had meant for them to meet at. Justin was leaning with his back against the bar and a drink in his hand. Brian felt his heart clench in his chest. Justin was wearing the sparkly shirt that he had worn years ago. It looked just as good now as it had back then … better.

“Get a grip, Kinney,” Brian muttered to himself.

Justin smiled when he saw Brian. Brian looked as handsome and sexy as he always had. Justin felt the old attraction in his groin, but more than that, he felt it in his heart. “You made it,” he said with one of his sunny smiles.

“Yeah.” Brian had himself back under control.

“Let me buy you a drink.”

Brian raised an eyebrow. “I thought things weren’t going so well in New York,” he said remembering what Justin had said to him the night he had first come back to the loft.

“I can afford a couple of drinks,” Justin said indignantly. “Then you can buy the rest,” he added with a mischievous grin.

Brian snorted and ordered a Glen Fidditch. When the bartender set it in front of him, Brian tipped the glass towards Justin in acknowledgement then drank most of it. A little fortification for what was ahead couldn’t hurt.

“Did you get my messages?” Justin asked.

“I’m here, aren’t I?”

“Yeah, and only twenty minutes late,” Justin added looking at his watch.

Brian smirked. “I could have made you wait longer.”

“I was prepared to give you till eleven-thirty. After that you’d be drinking alone.”

“Not for long,” Brian said raising his glass to the redhead he had noticed before. The man had certainly noticed him.

Justin made a face. “Can we go find a quiet corner?” he asked. “There’s something I want you to do for me.”

“And then you’ll go back to New York?”

Justin shook his head. “I’m not going back.”

“Yes, you are.”

“I told you I’m not!”

Brian glared at Justin. “You’re supposed to become the best homosexual you can be,” he whispered barely loud enough to be heard over the thumpa thumpa. “Giving up is not how you accomplish that.” Brian watched the look on Justin’s face as he said those words. Justin smiled at first and then grew solemn.

“I’m not giving up, Brian. I’m making an informed choice, and I choose to be here with you.”

“Even if I don’t want you here.”

“I don’t believe that.”

“You should.”

Justin heaved a weary sigh. Brian was going to make this difficult. For a minute there he had thought… But he might as well get on with this. “Quiet place,” he said. “Now.”

Brian signaled for two more drinks and they carried them to a bench seat in one of the alcoves Brian had had designed for the new Babylon. The light shone through the Plexiglas wall that backed the bench. Two men were sitting there already. At a cock of the head from Brian they vacated the seats. Brian and Justin sat down.

“So what do you want me to do this time?” Brian asked warily.

“Free association.”

“What? Have you been working on a psychiatric degree while you were in New York?”

“No,” Justin laughed, “but dealing with you, that might not be such a bad idea.”

Brian scowled at him. “Let’s get this over with. It won’t prove anything anyway.”

“We’ll see about that,” Justin responded. “Give me the first word that pops into your head that is the opposite of each word that I say.”

“If you’re trying to prove that we’re opposites, I concede that,” Brian griped. “If you’re trying to prove that we’re not, you’re wasting your fucking time.”

“Just answer,” Justin ordered.

“Fuck! Get on with it.”

Justin nodded. “We’ll start with something easy. Happy…”

“Birthday?”

Justin chuckled. “Which you don’t believe in celebrating. I said opposites.”

“Morose,” Brian said immediately.

Justin laughed. “Trust you to come up with a word like that. Sad would have sufficed.”

“Yes, Mr. 1500 SAT’s.” Brian saluted.

“I seem to remember you had something to do with me getting ready for those tests.”

“And it’s been impossible to shut you up ever since.”

“Thanks!” Justin retorted. That one hurt.

“Next,” Brian ordered ignoring Justin’s reaction. “Get this fucking test over with.”

“Strong.”

“Pathetic.”

Justin laughed again. “I love your answers. Smart.”

“Moronic.”

“Hm, we could be describing someone we both know well.”

Brian raised an eyebrow. He had a good idea who that might be, but he refused to go there. “Next,” he said.

“Persistent.”

“Don’t give a fuck.”

“It’s supposed to be one word.”

“Sometimes one word won’t do it.”

“You are … impossible!”

“Just one of my many infuriating qualities, so why are you here?”

“Because I love you.”

“Even if I’m impossible?”

Justin nodded, looking into Brian’s eyes and refusing to let him look away. “Loving,” he said softly.

“Huh?”

“The next word is loving.”

“Oh … unloving.”

“Surely you can do better than that.”

“You said to use the first word that popped into my wittle head,” Brian said in that childish voice he used sometimes.

“Fine, unloving.”

“Could we switch to synonyms?”

“No.”

“Fuck!”

“Last one – success.”

“I refuse to say failure. It’s not part of my vocabulary.”

“Mine either.”

“Then why aren’t you in fucking New York becoming a success?”

“Because I’ll never be a success there. I hate it. My art is for shit there. The whole thing is pointless. I can be successful here … with you.”

“The fuck you can!”

“Have you figured out the acronym yet?” Justin asked, since Brian didn’t appear to have heard what he just told him.

“No, and I don’t intend to fucking try anymore.”

“You said it to me a few minutes ago, you know.”

“What?” Brian asked wrinkling his brow. “When?”

“When we were standing at the bar, just like you said the words to me a long time ago.”

Brian wracked his brain for what he had said. Anything that would have the initial letters that Justin had used to sign all his notes. Then it hit him like a ton of bricks. “You cheated,” he said. “It should be TBHUCB, not TBHICB.”

“Oh, and why is that?” Justin asked with a huge grin. He could tell Brian knew what the letters meant.

“Because I said you should be the best homosexual you can be. You need a U not an I.”

“I believe it needs a Y not an I,” Justin laughed.

“Whatever! That’s what confused me.”

“Riight! You would have known all along if I had used a U,” Justin scoffed.

“I might have,” Brian snarked.

“So, why did I change it to an I?” Justin asked.

“Why don’t you tell me, Sunshine?” Brian asked in his most sarcastic tone. He had spent all this time on something that didn’t really mean anything. It was just some more of his own bullshit words. He should have known better.

“I used I because I have become the best homosexual I can be. I’ve experienced what New York has to offer. I’ve had my fill of the art scene there. I know what the world outside Pittsburgh is like, and I choose to stay here … in Pittsburgh … with you. That’s all there is to it.”

“Why would anybody choose to stay in Pittsburgh?” Brian asked derisively.

“Maybe because there are things and people here that aren’t in New York. I love you, Brian. This is where I want to be.”

“What are you going to do here?” Brian asked, his voice softening. He was beginning to think he might have made a big mistake listening to Lindsay. Justin certainly seemed to know what he wanted, and it wasn’t anything like what Lindsay had told him.

“I don’t know yet. I’ve put in a résumé at some art galleries and some graphics places. I’ve taken a job at the diner in the meantime. I’ll make it work.”

“Are you sure?” Brian asked. He stared into Justin’s eyes looking for the truth.

“Very.”

“Couldn’t you have just told me that?”

“I tried, but you wouldn’t listen, you big asshole.”

“So you finally made me listen.”

“I had a mission,” Justin teased.

“What was with this list of opposites tonight?” Brian asked with a frown. “I didn’t see the point.”

“I never got to the point,” Justin chuckled. “All the words I gave you represented me, and you gave the opposites.”

“Which were supposed to represent me,” Brian supplied.

“No, not at all. They were meant to show you that you have many of the same characteristics that I do. Many of the important ones are the same for both of us. That’s why we’re going to be great together. I’m happy, strong, smart, persistent, and I will be successful. And you’re all those things when you want to be.”

Brian snorted. “You left out loving.”

“You are loving with Gus and your friends and the family … and me. You cover it up really well though.” Another snort. “Remember the sketch I sent of us on the sofa?” Brian nodded. “That was one of the times that you really demonstrated your love for your son by giving up your rights so he could have a stable family.”

“Yeah, and then they took him away from me.”

“But you still see him. He knows who you are.”

Brian shook his head. Gus being in Canada still hurt. “What do we do now?” he asked.

“You profess your undying love for me and then we fuck, my prince.”

“I could go for that,” Brian chuckled. “Backroom?”

Justin shook his head. “Take me home to the loft.”

“Or I could take you home to Britin?”

“You … you still have it?”

“Yeah, nobody wanted the big old mausoleum.”

“I love you so much,” Justin said climbing into Brian’s lap. “Let’s go to the loft. It’s closer.”

Brian dumped Justin unceremoniously back onto the bench, eliciting a big “oomph” from Justin. Then Brian stood up. He took Justin’s hand and pulled the young man up and into his arms. He kissed him hard, and then looked deep into his eyes searching for Justin’s commitment to what they were going to do. “There’s no turning back or changing your mind this time,” Brian warned.

“I don’t want to go back. I know what I want. I want to go forward … together.”

Brian took Justin’s hand and marched through Babylon. The dancers parted like the Red Sea as they made their way through. The happy look on Brian Kinney’s face was not one that many people had seen before. Holding Justin’s hand, Brian went out the door of Babylon and led the way to his car. He made a much faster trip to the loft than he had made coming the other way. Grabbing Justin’s hand once again, Brian ran up the stairs to the loft. He half expected to find another message as he unlocked the door.

“I was going to leave you one last envelope if you didn’t show up at Babylon tonight,” Justin said reading Brian’s mind.

“More opposites?” Brian asked.

“No, the big FUCK YOU!”

“That’s my man! You have become the best homosexual you can be.”

“And I intend to prove it as soon as we get to the bed.”

“You won’t get an argument from me,” Brian replied as they raced across the loft and up the steps. Clothes flew off them as they ripped at their shirts and pants that were no longer needed or wanted. They merely were in the way. By the time they reached the bed, they were mostly naked.

Eager hands pulled at the rest of the recalcitrant clothes that had refused to disappear. Naked bodies tumbled onto the duvet. Lips sought lips and fingers rubbed and pressed. Spots, that only they knew, were explored once again and awakened to new life. Teeth nipped and bit, hard and soft, gentle and strong.

Brian laughed out loud. “You have me thinking in opposites,” he gasped as Justin rubbed his hard cock against his own.

“I knew I could be subversive,” Justin laughed. “Now fuck the shit out of me, Kinney.”

“My pleasure, Sunshine. It’s been a long time coming.”

“True,” Justin gasped as his hands grasped Brian’s buttocks and pushed their cocks closer together. “You said it was only time.”

“Yeah, whatever the fuck that meant,” Brian said.

“You talk too much,” Justin chastised him as he reached for a condom in the bowl where Brian always kept them.

“Me?”

“Yes you!”

“Then why don’t you shut me up?”

Justin pulled Brian’s head down and kissed him. When the kiss ended Brian leaned on his elbows and took Justin’s face in his hands, one palm on each cheek. He stared into the blue eyes that he had missed for so many weeks.

"How could I have let you go?” Brian whispered.

“For a smart man, you do some dumb things,” Justin said staring back into hazel eyes filled with love. “You always thought I was going to leave you, and that made you take every opportunity to send me away, before I chose to go of my own accord.”

“For a smart man, why did you leave?”

“’Cause us smart guys can be pretty dumb when it comes to emotions.”

“Yeah,” Brian agreed before initiating another kiss that started softly but grew deeper and more profound as the seconds ticked by. “Condom,” he gasped when the kiss finally ended. “Put it on me.”

Justin smiled that beautiful sunshine smile of his before ripping the condom packet open. He rolled the condom onto Brian’s hard dick. Brian grabbed the lube and squirted some into his hand to lube himself and then into Justin’s waiting pucker. Justin gave a little gasp as the cool liquid entered him. “Cold,” he said.

Brian smiled at the memory of another time when Justin had thought the lube was cold. Then there was no more talking as their bodies took over in a language all their own. They fucked long and slow, hard and fast and as many times as they could manage. The emotions raging through them took them to heights they had never achieved before. Knowing that this what the future held for them from now on, made them savor each moment with a new intensity. Finally they flopped back exhausted on the pillows.

“That was fucking fantastic,” Brian said staring at the ceiling that gradually came back into focus.

“And fantastic fucking.”

“That too,” Brian laughed.

“I missed you.”

“And I missed you.”

“I knew you did. You just didn’t want to admit it.”

“Justin…” Brian began. But he didn’t want to push Justin away anymore. That was finished. They were together … to stay. “What are we going to do after tonight?” he asked.

“I haven’t the foggiest, but we’ll figure it out together.”

“Because we’re so much alike?”

“Because we love each other and it doesn’t matter if we’re the same or different, opposites or totally compatible. We’re going to get it right this time.”

“Or die trying.”

“Exactly – fifty years from now.”

Brian laughed as he rolled on top of Justin. He kissed the full lips and looked into the blue eyes. He could almost imagine spending fifty years with this infuriating, persistent, loving man who meant so much to him.

“I think I have another round in me,” Brian said as he felt his cock begin to swell. “How about you?”

“Always.”

The End.
Thyme is the author of 54 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Opposites Attract also liked 551 other stories.