- Text Size +

 

Sins of the Father

Chapter 10

The men sauntered on to the China Pavilion. Brian agreed to go in and watch the show with them. He could do his shopping afterwards.

The theater was 360 degrees of images of China. Brian watched the Great Wall and pagodas and the Forbidden City flash by. Then he noted pictures of people eating with chopsticks and his mind suddenly flew off on a trip of its own.

Two Weeks Before Christmas 2014

Brian and Justin had ordered Chinese food. They were feeding Bree using their chopsticks and trying to interest her in the fine cuisine of China, American style, when the phone rang.

"Hey, Dad," Gus said into the phone. "Can you come to my school on Wednesday evening?"

"Your school? What for?"

"I'm not in trouble," Gus chuckled.

"I didn't think you were."

"That's not what your voice sounded like," Gus stated.

"Why should I go to your school?" Brian asked.

"Um … I'm in the band and they're playing in the Christmas Concert that night."

"Oh, and you need an audience?"

"Something like that," Gus answered with a chuckle. "Can you come?"

"I'll be there."

"Thanks, Dad."

"You're going to be here late on Christmas Day, right?" Brian asked wanting to verify their Christmas plans.

"That's the plan."

"What instrument do you play?" Brian asked with a frown realizing that he had never heard Gus play an instrument at all.

"The sax."

"Ah, Clarence Clemons."

"Who?"

"Charlie Parker?"

"Huh?"

"Kenny Fucking Gee?"

"Daaad!"

"Never mind," Brian said realizing that he had some serious educating of his son to do where music was concerned. And why hadn't anyone told him that Gus played the fucking saxophone. "I'll see you Wednesday."

"Thanks, Dad," Gus said before hanging up.

But then a few days later something had come up suddenly at Kinnetik and Brian had spent three nights in a row at the office, not arriving home until after midnight each night. One of those nights had been Wednesday.

"Brian? Brian!"

"What?"

"The show's over," Justin said. "People are leaving." Brian watched them file out. "Maybe the people behind you would like it if you left too."

Brian started walking still lost in thought.

"Where are you?" Justin asked with a frown.

"Huh?"

"Did you see any of the film?" Justin was starting to get worried.

"Do you think we should have invited Gus to come to St. Augustine with us?" Brian asked out of the blue.

"We talked about that, remember?" Justin replied. "We thought it would be better to just take Patrick and Bree together. We were going to try to do something with Gus later."

"Then let's make the fuck sure that we do," Brian said as he strode into the gift shop and searched out a cloisonné thimble. He suddenly felt like a real shithead, even though Gus had forgiven him for missing the concert. He had to make sure that he was at the next one.

The little group wandered through a couple more pavilions before deciding that they needed a drink. They found the Biergarten at the German Pavilion and Brian decided that was where he was going to stay for a while. Justin wondered what had gotten into Brian, but he knew better than to ask. Brian would tell him when he was ready.

Simon and Ken decided to go on ahead after they'd had a beer. Brian wanted another drink so he and Justin stayed behind at the Biergarten. They sat at the table not saying anything. Brian seemed lost in thought.

"Do you think I'm a good father?" Brian asked after a bit.

"A good father?" Justin asked, not at all sure where this was leading.

"Yeah, the whole parenting thing."

"You're a great father. Bree adores you and Gus thinks you're the best thing since sliced bread."

Brian snorted. "He didn't think that when I missed his Christmas Concert."

"He forgave you."

"But he shouldn't have had to. I've tried to do everything right with Bree, because I was such a piss poor father to Gus. It's not fair to him that I was too fucking selfish to be a true father to him. And I'm still acting like that." Brian shook his head in disgust with himself.

"That was a one time thing that he's forgiven you for. Stop dwelling on it," Justin said firmly but gently.

"When we get home, I'm going to take Gus someplace, maybe just the two of us," Brian declared.

"He'll love that," Justin agreed.

"I wonder what he'd like to do," Brian mused.

"Camping?" Justin chuckled.

"Asshole."

"Hey, that's my line."

"Twat!"

"Are you feeling a little better?" Justin asked leaning over and brushing his lips against Brian's cheek.

"A bit."

"Then let's hit another pavilion," Justin said standing up.

Slowly Brian did the same. He felt a little better, but he would have to think of something special to do with Gus when he got home.

"And you are a good father," Justin declared as the left the Biergarten.

As Brian and Justin went on to each new pavilion, the thrill of discovering a new beer and shopping was quickly losing its appeal. In other words Brian Kinney was getting bored. Brian had managed to find thimbles that represented almost every 'country' they visited. Plus they purchased fun but educational toys or books for all of the children. Brian and Justin met up with Ken and Simon at the Canadian pavilion and then made their way to the main gate then back to the hotel. Justin was one happy little blond; he and he alone got Brian Kinney to DO Disney!

Once back at the hotel, the couples parted but made tentative plans to meet later for dinner and then perhaps dancing. It appeared that somehow Justin had enough energy left to boogie.

"Please Brian," Justin batted his long blond lashes at his grumbling spouse who was doing a fairly good impression of a bear with a sore paw as they rode the elevator up to their room.

"Enough, Justin, you've walked my feet off today. Let me take a shower and lay down for a while. Then you can coerce me."

"Okay, Brian, you do that. I'm going to organize our purchases."

"Fine, fine, fine," Brian mumbled. In their room, Brian headed for the shower then the bed as Justin had fun with souvenirs.

*****

April 2015

"Craig, honey, can we go somewhere this year?"

"Where do you have in mind?"

"I don't know. Someplace warm. It feels like winter doesn't want to give up. Maybe Florida."

"When?"

"Early June?"

"Maybe. Look, why don't you research some places and then make it for the second week in June. I have that conference the first week."

"Any particular place you'd like to go?"

"I don't care, just as long as it isn't Disney."

*****

"Wakey, wakey."

"What time is it?"

"About 7:30, you've been asleep for two hours. I'm getting hungry."

"With all you consumed today?"

"Yeah, but we must have walked a hundred miles, besides I need to keep up my strength if I'm going to fight off the thousands of men who are going to vie for your attention tonight."

"You're exaggerating."

"No, I'm not. I know you have something fabulously sexy in your suitcase. And even if you wore your black wife beater, hint, hint, hint, I'd still have to beat them off with a stick."

"Justin, are you sure that's a good idea?"

"What do you mean?"

"You, we, both get jealous sometimes. I don't want any more misunderstandings."

"There won't be. We don't go clubbing anymore and I really don't care about that but this is special. Just you and me and I want to show you off."

"Isn't that usually my line? With my hot beautiful blond on my arm, I'm the envy of every man and woman we meet."

"So am I. So let's show each other off. You in black..."

"And you in white. We'll burn up the dance floor, Sunshine." The lovers kissed then went down to dinner. They decided to change for the clubs after they ate.

Dinner was a leisurely affair with Simon and Ken and very pleasant conversation. The buzz in the restaurant revolved around the dance clubs of Pleasure Island and in particular, the one club with a revolving dance floor. It was reportedly the hottest club in Orlando. Brian and Justin listened in on the gossip and decided they'd check it out for themselves. Neither couple was in any rush; no one wanted to get to a club before ten.

"Brian, do I look okay?" Justin was wearing a little white t-shirt that hugged his body and light beige cargo pants that accentuated his ever bubbly butt.

"You are the most beautiful man I have ever seen, Sunshine. It's me who's going to need that stick and I want you to stay by my side at all times." Justin could have taken Brian's admonishment the wrong way but he didn't. He knew that Brian had just flung himself into big guard dog mode. And no one was going to bring him out. It just made Justin love Brian even more.

"What about me? I won't embarrass you, will I?" The over forty Brian was a little hesitant, he didn't want to make a fool of himself. In his tight black wife-beater and black jeans that were worn in just the right places, Brian was a feast for the senses. He looked and smelled like sex on two legs. Justin wrapped his arms around Brian and inhaled deeply.

"Gorgeous," was all that Justin said as he hugged his lover tightly. "You're like a fine wine; you only get better with age."

"Make that scotch, and I'll be happy," Brian chuckled at their cliches then he got serious for a moment. "I want you to be proud of me, Justin. All of me. The me who's a parent, the me who's your lover and the me who brings home the bacon. All of me, Jus. I don't want to ever let you down." Brian sighed as he rested his chin on Justin's head. Justin hung on tighter.

"You won't, Bri. And I am, very proud of you." Justin whispered into Brian's chest. After a few more quiet moments, the lovers kissed then went down to the lobby to meet up with Simon and Ken.

Pleasure Island at night is just that; it purports to contain everything for your pleasure. There are several clubs for every musical taste and each one has a bar. The boys decided to start at '8TRAX' a club that steps right out from the 70's and swings with the old disco beat. Ken and Simon in particular, wanted to go there. It reminded them of the old clubs that were infamous in New York. The boys went in.

"I love the night life, I got to boogie on the disco 'round, oh yea!"

The disco music was loud and thumping, Ken grabbed Simon's hand and they were off onto the dance floor. Brian parked Justin at the railing overlooking the dance floor and quickly got them a couple of beers. This wasn't their kind of music but they were enjoying watching all the couples dancing, recalling their youth. Brian was amazed at all the same sex couples and how easily they were integrated with the het ones. Brian and Justin drank their beers as Ken and Simon danced on. After a little while, Brian waved a 'see you later' at Simon. Brian was itching to find the club with the thumpa thumpa music. They strolled through Pleasure Island, Brian's arm over Justin's shoulder, Justin's arm anchored around Brian's slim hip. They made their way toward 'Mannequins.'

Mannequins had a three sided catwalk so that the revolving dance floor could be viewed. On the fourth side was a little stage, where dancers in costume would perform a little show. Brian and Justin stepped in, the thumpa thumpa music beating loudly, resonating through their chests. Brian stepped up to the railing and inhaled deeply as he looked down over the throngs of dancing, gyrating men. It felt like home. After a few moments, Justin watched as Brian's arm began to arc upwards. Justin sidled beside him and took his place. Brian turned; an arrogant smirk began to splay across his face. He drew Justin in tight with his arm and kissed him deeply, openly, for all the world to see. Brian ended the kiss and waited until the glazed haze in Justin's eyes began to clear. Justin smiled smugly, he was so onto Brian. Brian cupped his partner's face and then gently, reverently kissed his lips again. When the kiss ended, Justin flashed his famous smile, 'you so love me.' Brian rolled his eyes and the lovers laughed. Justin grabbed his spouse's hand and led him to the dance floor.

***

"Did you get a look at the two who just walked in?"

"The tall one in black and the little blond in white? God they are so hot!"

"Shit, I'd do them both."

"I'd watch!"

***

"Holy fuck! Look at them!"

"I think I've died and gone to heaven!"

***

"OOOOOO! They're hot!

"Hotter than hot!"

"Think I can get tall dark and handsome to fuck me in the bathroom?"

"With that young thing glued to his cock? Fat chance."

"Shit."

***

"Hey look, it's those two from the hotel. God, they're both so gorgeous!"

"Yeah, but the tall one can't dance for shit."

"He doesn't have to. Besides the little one is doing enough dancing for the both of them."

"What's that scrunchy thing he's doing?"

"Who gives a fuck? I just wish he'd do it with me!"

***

"I heard someone say they're married."

"Married! Who'd want to go and do something stupid like that?"

"I wouldn't mind waking up with either one of them in my bed every morning."

"Oh yeah!"

***

"That blond can't be legal."

"He has to be, it's Friday."

"Still, he's got to be young and I bet he's a bottom."

"Mmm, can you imagine those lips wrapped around your cock?"

"Fuck!"

***

"Oh God, oh God, oh God!"

"What?! What, what?"

"I saw them fucking in the bathroom!"

"NO!"

"Fuck yeah! And it's true, the tall one has this long beautiful cock. And the ass on blondie! Shit, what I wouldn't give to worship that ass."

***

"I heard they'd do just about anyone."

"Yeah, well I heard they're into big bears."

"I heard they don't do tricks."

"I heard they're into lesbians."

"You have got to be fucking kidding me."

"No, I saw them hanging with the dykes the night of the luau."

"What a waste!"

***

"Bri..."

"Had enough, Sunshine?"

"Yeah."

"Let's go find Simon and Ken and head back."

"Okay. Bri?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you, Bri. Happy Anniversary."

"Love you too, Sunshine. Happy Anniversary."