- Text Size +

CHAPTER 31: LINES ARE DRAWN IN THE ‘SAND’

 

BROWNSTONE – TUESDAY EVENING

 

KITCHEN

 

MATT

 

I can understand why he wants to do this, but also I don’t understand why he wants to do this.  I don’t think it serves a purpose as we will be covered but there you go.

 

“I’ll get it!”  Hunter shouts and lets in Pop and Papa Steve.

 

“Hey boys, how you guys doing?”  Papa Steve kisses me on the cheek.

 

“Okay.”  I reply quietly.

 

The door goes again and this time it’s Grandmom Jen and Tucker and Grandma and Grandpa.

 

“Okay so what’s this about?”  Grandma as usual gets straight to the point.

 

“Mom and dad aren’t here yet…”  Right on cue the bell goes again.

 

“Gang’s all here.”  Hunter sighs.  “Okay let’s go to the lounge so we can talk there and then eat.”

 

They all sit down and Hunter looks at me. He knows how I feel about this and I will support him.  But this is his joyride.

 

“Okay.”  He takes a breath.  “The thing is…I mean, um.  Wait, let me just…”

 

“Just say it sweetheart.”  Grandmom Jen orders firmly but gently.

 

“We know something is happening with Matt’s dad and that could cause problems for the family.  Also, it may get back to Lindsay that we’re married now and if it gets back to Lindsay, then it will get back to Michael.  So, mom if…”

 

Mom sighs and then nods.  “You want me to leave them all to you?”

 

Hunter sags in relief.  “Yes. Matt’s my husband and it’s my job to defend him.  I know he’s your son but…”

 

“You are both my boys.  But husband beats mom.  No matter how mom feels about it.  Okay I’ll back off.  But tap me in if you need me.”

 

Us.”  Grandpa corrects her.  “If you need us.”

 

“I just don’t see why we need to tell them.”  I protest.

 

“I didn’t say I was going to tell them.  I said it could get back to them especially when we go to New York next week.  And now that mom’s told Melody to lift the blockade on Lindsay, she’s bound to be there.  And I am not taking my ring off!”  Hunter states emphatically.

 

“God help them!”  Dad chuckles.  “So was that it?  This was the big discussion?  Can we eat now?”

 

“Yes, yes and yes Papa Faal.”  Hunter smiles.

 

Everyone heads to the dining room except Grandmom Jen and mom.  “He’ll tap you in and if he doesn’t, I will.”

 

“You’d better.”  They say in unison.

 

TREEHOUSE – WEDNESDAY MORNING

 

KITCHEN

 

FAAL

 

She’s not happy but she’s got to let him fight this if a fight is coming.

 

“Okay, I’m being a psychotically over protective tiger mom! I will leave them to it, but with one condition.”

 

“And what’s that?”  I lift her chin.

 

“You ask Justin to give him some WASP pointers.”  She bites her lip.  “Please?”

 

“Okay.  Now what is all of this?”  I wave at the cookery books spread out on the counter.

 

“Well we have Thanksgiving, a wedding, a blessing and Christmas to cater for.  Luckily we’ve done our last event for the year.”  She snuggles in deeper; I love moments like this.  “So we can concentrate fully on the wedding and the blessing. As for Thanksgiving and Christmas, Emmy Lou and I aren’t allowed to do a damn thing, apart from maybe suggest food.”

 

“I’m glad.  So who’s doing what?”

 

“Thanksgiving is Debs, Jen, Alice and Thomas. Christmas is mom, Aunt Del, Debs, Alice and Thomas and it’s going to be in Portland.”

 

“Is it?  Why…oh yes the wedding is on the 22nd so there’s really no point coming back, is there?”

 

“Nope.”

 

I squirm a bit as she rolls her wedding ring finger up my spine.  “Stop it. They’ll be fine.”

 

BRITIN – THURSDAY AFTERNOON

 

DINING ROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

Ted and Brian have been going through Taylor Electronic accounts and talking to Tobias at the same time.  Judging by the grins on their faces when they are on the phone, he has a major Schenking coming his way.

 

“So how bad is the business?”  I ask warily.

 

“Not too shabby.  The stock is overpriced though.  I think that... no let me start again.  Maybe you should consider hiring someone like a business manager who can oversee all the stores for you?”  Brian suggests.

 

He gets a sunshine smile and a kiss for that because there are times he tends to tell me rather than suggest.

 

“Okay, but who and do you have the time to help me interview them?”  I ask.

 

“Not sure and not really.  I’ve got some crucial pitches coming up in the next few weeks and there’s the De Le Vere meeting.  We can’t leave the staff hanging on like this. It’s not fair to them.  There must be someone else who could do it that isn’t going to be a pain to train.”

 

“What about Zeus?”  Ted looks up at us.

 

“What about him?”  I ask.

 

“You know the BroHouse?  Who do you think got it kitted out?  He knows his stuff and I know for a fact that he’s getting bored at Feeley.”

 

“Do you think he’d do it?”  Brian asks, starting to smile. I know that look; Ted’s getting a raise.

 

“No harm in asking.”  He replies, going back to his accounting.

 

BLOOM

 

LYDIA

 

I still can’t believe my birthday weekend.  Sara is cooing over the presents I got as I was told, when I got there, to take as many pictures as possible. So she’s going through my camera.

 

“Oh my God the flowers!”  She groans.  “You must have been gutted to leave them!”

 

“No they are on their way here, should be here at some point this afternoon.” She looks confused.  “They had them freeze dried and are shipping them.”

 

“Where are you going to put them?”

 

“In the place I spend most of my time.  Here of course, now let’s work out where!”

 

There’s a tap at the door and Zeon pokes his head in.  “There’s a big ass box for you in reception.”

 

Sara almost runs him over to get to it.  He smiles at me and I smile back but then there is an almighty scream.

 

I dash out and Sara is standing there staring and the entire gallery is quiet.

 

“What is it?!  What’s wrong?”  I quickly get to her side, stare and then look at Zeon.

 

“Happy birthday! This is from me and Thomas and no I won’t take it back.”

 

“This, this is the Kemtope that was in-in my bedroom in Paris!”  I gasp and fish for a chair.  “No Zeon, I can’t take this!  This is too much.”

 

“You can and you will.  Personally, I don’t like his art so you’re doing me a favour and besides it’s part thank you for persuading Zee to swap bequests.  So it’s yours.”

 

Suddenly the door opens and it’s a FedEx guy.  “Delivery for Lydia Glendale.”

 

He looks very confused when the entire gallery bursts out laughing.

 

KINNETIC – FRIDAY MORNING

 

CONFERENCE ROOM

 

BRIAN

 

“So what do you think?”  I ask Zeus, whilst holding a nervous Justin’s hand under the table.

 

“The layout of the stores are horrible.  The stock is not only over-priced but outdated.  It needs a complete refresh. Basically I wouldn’t shop there in the condition it’s in.  And what kind of company doesn’t have a website?”

 

He leans back in his chair frowning.  “But fuck it, I like a challenge so yeah.  I’ll hand my notice in at Feeley and be here in a month.”

 

We both let out the breath we’d been holding.  “Thanks.”  Justin smiles.  “Is there anything you need me to do?”

 

“Have a sale in all stores.  Get rid of the stock.  Actually, just give it to hospices, schools and the GLC for them to sell, keep or whatever that will really chap Craig’s ass.  I want the place to be empty of any of that shit by the time I come back.”

 

Justin gapes at him.  “Are you serious?”

 

“Yes.  When you said you wanted to talk to me about this, I asked the best brain I know what I should do?”

 

“And what did Zee say?”  I chuckle.

 

He snorts softly.  “Strip mine it.  Get rid of the deadwood.  Start from the basement up if needs be but make is something to be proud of.  But don’t get rid of your greatest assets unless they cause problems.”

 

Justin frowns and looks at me.  “The staff.”  I explain.

 

“So I’m going to sit down with the manager of each store before I head back to Ohio.  But first I want to send everyone an email telling them to give me their opinions as to what they want in their stores.”

 

He pauses and looks at us.  “What do you think?”

 

“I think that Taylor Electronics is going to be fine.”  I smile and kiss Justin’s hand.  “But you might want to reword that email a bit.  Let me get you someone who can help.”

 

TALON’S CONDO – SATURDAY MID-MORNING

 

MICHAEL

 

It’s been just over a week since the spies for Talentless moved in.  I’m still fucking pissed that she took my stuff away but I have toed her line for now, but that stops.  These people are staff and they work and live here. So no matter what she wants to say, they work for us.

 

Lindsay and Grady are still in bed. I hope working on our project, and I’m hungry.  I head downstairs to see what’s cooking for breakfast and find them sitting there gossiping.

 

I clear my throat and glare at them.  “What exactly are you doing?”

 

Gerald, who used to work for Luther, and Jason look up at me, before resuming their conversation.

 

“We don’t pay you to sit around gossiping.  You should be doing stuff and…”

 

You don’t pay us at all.”  Medea, another one of the spies, interrupts me.  “Ms Kho pays us.  And as for what we are doing, we don’t start work on a Saturday until 1200 and it is now 1045. So what we are doing is none of your business.”

 

I don’t like Medea or Medusa as I tend to think of her.  Gerald and Jason I can tolerate because frankly they are guys.  But Medusa is a woman and not only that but she has rooms on the floor above us, which I think is wrong. She should be below stairs with the other two.

 

“Well I would like something to eat.”  I look at all three of them impatiently.

 

“Ah.  Now come on boys. He needs privacy for the culinary masterpiece that is pouring Captain Crunch into a bowl and adding milk.”

 

Gerald and Jason snicker and follow her out.

 

“That’s not what I meant Medusa!”  I mutter.

 

Part of me wants a bowl of cereal but the other part wants them to remember their place.  So I head to the basement to check my collectibles and am surprised to find that the display case has been moved to outside their rooms and is different, but still bolted to the floor.

 

I try the door but it is still locked and now instead of a lock and key there’s a keypad.  I storm back up to them.

 

“What happened to the other display case?”  I demand.

 

“We have a more mature use for it now.”  Jason and Gerald exchange smirks.  We asked Ms Kho if she could provide another case for your stuff and move it elsewhere and she did.”

 

“But why couldn’t it be taken to my room?”

 

“Because you need concrete to bolt it to the floor.”  Medusa replies.  “Now come on you, two time for breakfast. After the night you two most likely had, you need the energy boost!”

 

They head back to the kitchen chuckling and I glare at their retreating backs.  “Well I’m going out!”

 

“Bye then!”  She calls back.

 

I head back to my room and gather my wallet and keys.  Lindsay and Grady are still not out of bed yet.  I smirk at their closed door and head out.

 

MEDEA

 

I watch the leech leave and shake my head.  I do understand why Ms Kho didn’t kick their asses out the moment she found out what she found out.  They owe her money and letting them out of her sight is a bad move.

 

I like Ms Kho, now that she’s with a man who treats her with respect.  I only worked briefly for Stark.  I had to leave because I just could not tolerate his attitude, especially to Ralph.  He was as nice as pie to me of course.  As far as I am concerned there is one race and that’s the human one.

 

“I’m so glad I’m not hungover.”  Jason smiles and nuzzles Gerald’s neck.

 

“That whine is like a drill bit.”  I chuckle.

 

“Good morning all.”  Lindsay comes in smiling.

 

Now her and Grady I also don’t trust but at least their manners make their shenanigans somewhat tolerable.

 

“Morning.  Are you in or out today?”

 

“Out.  I have to check out a couple of things for my new job.  And I’ve got to get a new outfit for next Friday’s show.  I’m so pleased that I’m finally working!  Is Michael still in bed?”

 

“No he went out about 40 minutes ago.”  Jason tells her.

 

“Oh I wanted to tell him about my job.  Never mind, I’ll tell him later.  Well Grady and I are going to be gone most of the day, so see you later.”

 

The boys quickly head downstairs.  I smile and shake my head.

 

Not seeing them for most of the day either.

 

UGERSTACHT CONDO – LATE AFTERNOON

 

BAZ

 

This is some place.  I still can’t believe that she’s said that whatever we don’t want, in the condo to arrange for it to be delivered to local charities.  The boys and I just stared at her as if she’d gone mad.  She just said she wanted everything that he had here, except the artwork, out of the family.

 

But when we showed her the wardrobes full of clothes some with the tags on it, she said she’d take them.  Not sure Faal was too happy about her taking them but she, as usual, sweet talked him.

 

So now we are in a strip mined condo.  We’re not moving walls or anything, just redec and new furniture.  Faal has insisted on chandeliers in all the rooms except the kitchen, which she has insisted is redone.

 

“Hey Baz the kitchen’s cleared.  Let’s get going shall we?”  Fredericks nudges me.  “I still can’t believe what she let us take!”

 

“She’s full of surprises that lady.”  I smile at him.  “Come on she wants it done by New Year.”

 

TALON’S CONDO – EARLY EVENING

 

LOUNGE

 

LINDSAY

 

I still can’t believe it; I have a job!  And it happened so fast.  I was interviewed on the Tuesday and they offered on Thursday night.  Of course, Grady took me to celebrate on Friday.  Michael was at a convention somewhere so he doesn’t know yet.

 

But I get to tell him tonight as it’s just us.  Grady has gone back to his place for the evening as he’s going Atlanta for the Falcons vs Jets game and is back on Monday night.

 

I hear the front door open and tiptoe to the door.  I’ve heard them complaining already about the way he looks at them and speaks to them sometimes. Well not them as a whole per se, it’s more Medea.  He’s still pissed that Talon refused to let him move to the upper floor instead of her.

 

As he comes in the phone rings and Medea answers it.  “The Kho residence, how may I help you?  I’m afraid she’s not in at the moment, may I take a message?  Of course thank you, goodbye.”

 

“Medea.”  He sneers.  “This is not Talon’s residence. She doesn’t live here.  Why do you say that?”

 

“Two reasons: just because she doesn’t live here it doesn’t make it any the less her residence.  And two, by the time I’ve said, ‘Peterson, Holster and the Whining Manchild Residence, how may I help you’, they’ve hung up.”

 

She turns smartly on her heel and heads back to her room and I quickly sit down silencing my chuckle with a cushion before switching back the volume on the arts channel and hoping he goes to his room.

 

After half an hour, I think I have the lounge to myself but no such luck.  He comes in and swats at my ankles and since my feet are tired, I really don’t appreciate it.

 

“There are other seats here.”  I point out, not moving them.

 

He glares at me.  “But I want to sit on the sofa.”  He looks up at the TV and sighs.  “Do we have to watch this?”

 

“No we don’t but I do.”  He sighs again.  “Michael.  You do have a TV/DVD player in your bedroom, which you still haven’t thanked Grady for persuading Talon to bring back for you.  Why not watch whatever you want to watch up there.”

 

“This is a bigger screen. You can really see the Transformers…”

 

“How many times have you seen that movie?”

 

“It doesn’t matter. I want to watch it down here!”  He snaps.

 

“Well we don’t have a TV in our room!”  I couldn’t resist the dig.  “And I need to watch this to make notes for Monday!”

 

He rolls his eyes. “Oh? So what’s so fucking important about Monday?!”

 

“I start my new job!  Yes Michael I got a job!  And to celebrate I was going to take you for lunch tomorrow but you can forget that!”

 

He looks angry.  “What in fuck’s name have you done that for?”  He demands.

 

“Because I miss the art scene and…”

 

“You have Grady now and…”

 

“And we still owe Talon that money, and I want to pay my way too!”

 

He stands suddenly and looks me up and down.  “You are so stupid!  Where’s the WASP you fucking purport to be.  Just let Grady look after you for crying out loud!”

 

And then he storms out.

 

What the fuck was that about?

 

MICHAEL’S ROOM

 

MICHAEL

 

How can she be so stupid?!  I can’t believe she was serious about getting a job. I thought she was using the fact that she was being blocked as an excuse.  Once she gets back in the art scene, she’ll be hobnobbing at events, which means less time for her and Grady,  which means less chance of her getting knocked up, which judging by the brandy she was drinking hasn’t happened yet.  Fuck!

 

And of course, this means that I have to get one too.  Double fuck!

 

SAN FRANCISCO COURTHOUSE – TUESDAY MORNING

 

COURT NO. 2

 

JUDGE TELLER

 

“Mr Taylor, I have read the documentation pertaining to this case and before I pass sentence, I want to understand something.  What made you come to San Francisco after all this time of being out of your son’s life in an attempt to sabotage his art show?  You must be aware that San Francisco is one of the gay capitals of the USA?”

 

He snorts but doesn’t answer my questions.

 

“Fine.  Since you are determined to be so recalcitrant, let’s get to the sentencing.  For the premeditated attack on the gallery, I sentence you to 6 years.  For the attempted obstruction of justice, I sentence you to four years and for contempt I sentence you to another year.”

 

That gets his attention.  “But Luther Stark said…”

 

“Quiet, I am not finished!  Then there is the matter of restitution to Lucien Stark for the damage to his paintings and the gallery for the loss of business, will not be in monetary figures, they don’t want the money from a homophobe, but restitution must be made.  Once you are released from prison you will have two years of tagged community service to the local AIDS hospice of wherever you reside.”

 

“What?  No!  I’m not fucking doing that!”

 

“Well unless something happens to you in jail.  That’s exactly what you will do.  Take him down!”

 

KINNETIC – WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

 

CYNTHIA’S OFFICE

 

CYNTHIA

 

I’m so pleased with what’s happened to those bastards.  I’m less pleased that I got roped into helping Zeus with the admin side of things for Taylor Electronics. Well that’s what I told Brian. Actually, I can’t wait to get in there and rip that fucking thing to pieces!

 

Zeus Stark is due in ten minutes.  I’ve never met him. I knew Zeon and Zee but we lost touch after school.

 

“Hey Cyn,” Ted pops his head round the door.  “Zeus Stark is here.  He’s in conference room 5.”

 

Ah early, good start!  “Thanks Ted, I’ll be right there.”

 

I grab my iPad and research and stride towards the conference room.

 

CONFERENCE ROOM 5

 

ZEUS

 

Feeley took my resignation better than I thought he would.  I’ve just got to train my successor over the next couple of weeks and then I’m here.  Should be interesting.  Despite what we thought initially, Zeon and Thomas decided to stay in Mount Lebanon.  So I’ll rent out my place and stay in the BroHouse instead.

 

“Zeus Stark?”  A striking blonde strides in with her hand outstretched.

 

Fucking typical!  I groan inwardly.

 

“Yes, you must be Cynthia, a pleasure to meet you.”

 

“Likewise.  Shall we get started?”

 

“Yes.  First with the emails…”

 

Almost five hours later, we’ve sent the email out and we’ve already had 50 plus responses.  Some of the stalwarts have pushed back saying they’re happy with the way things are but she’s been stern and firm and said to offer them severance packages.  But mostly they’ve been positive and the ideas some have had have been great.

 

“You hungry?”  She asks. We ate earlier but it’s past five now.

 

“I could definitely eat.”  I smile at her.

 

“Good let’s go.  Have you heard of Speakeasy?”  She asks gathering her things.

 

“It’s Zee’s favourite place for whisky.”  I laugh.

 

“Mine too.  Give me about 15 minutes and I’ll meet you in reception.”

 

“Cool.”

 

CYNTHIA’S OFFICE

 

CYNTHIA

 

I’ve checked my emails.  Nothing that can’t wait.  Lipstick on, hair perfectly mussed, now remember Cyn, this is not a date repeat to yourself this is not a date.

 

TREEHOUSE – THURSDAY MORNING

 

OFFICE

 

ZEE

 

I love flabbergasting my husband.  He was unhappy that I took the clothes from his house but now that I’ve explained what I’m going to do with them he comes round the desk and kisses me soundly.

 

“So let me get this straight.  You have given all the clothes and jewellery that was in his condo to Debs and Kiki to auction at Babylon to raise money for the GLC and Vic Grassi House?”

 

“Yep.  Well not all of the jewellery. All of our grandparents’ pieces we’ve kept and personal stuff.  And the real pieces, I’ve already sold on, and that money is with them but the rest goes to auction early December.”

 

“He’ll hate that.”  He chuckles.

 

“Shame.  Now how did the De Le Vere meeting with Brian go?”

 

“Excellent!  He’s going to have to call Justin in for the ad campaign though. Jules insisted but another good coup for Kinnetic.”

 

“I’m glad. Love the wine, hate the packaging and that bloody advert with the woman wafting about like she’s got the vapours or something…”

 

“Speaking of panting and being hot and bothered?”  He grins at me and locks the door.

 

SCOTHORN/RAY-HUNDT EXHIBITS & RECEPTION – NEW YORK – FRIDAY EVENING

LINDSAY

 

I can’t believe that he was doing the presentation for the Ray-Hundt Exhibition!  Once he finished his little speech, I hung back a bit waiting for the inevitable lovefest that is his family fawning over his greatness but that didn’t seem to happen.  I wanted to talk to him but had to be careful of my new boss, Anouk, who has had her eye on me all during the presentations.

 

Finally, it’s reception time!  I spot Melody Reichmann but decide not to approach her after the last time.  Besides I don’t want any word to get back to her that I’m back; so much for her vaunted blocking powers!

 

I grab a glass of wine and decide to walk round and see the paintings without the mass of people crowding them.  The Ray-Hundt is not quite up to my Impressionist standards, too modern, which is most likely why he was doing it!

 

I finish off the wine and search for a waiter when I spot Miranda standing by herself. Time for the whelp and I to get reacquainted.

 

“Hello.”  I whisper in her ear. She turns and looks me up and down, not the reaction I expected.

 

“Ms Peterson.”  She responds coldly.  “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m a gallery manager in one of the finest galleries in New York so of course I would be here and…”

 

“Miranda, there you are!”

 

She turns to smile at Sidney, who looks right through me.  “Come my dear, Pieter van Kop is someone I need to introduce you to. He’s already met Hunter.”

 

He links her arm in his and as they walk away I hear him ask what I was doing here. The fucking nerve!  If anyone should be being introduced to Pieter van Kop, it’s me!  I was about to follow them when Anouk intercepts me.

 

“Come on Lindsay, I need to introduce someone who has an amazing talent in one so young.”

 

I plaster on a smile and follow her, managing to grab a glass of wine on the way.

 

“Lindsay, this is Hunter Bruckner.  Hunter works for Uptown Gallery, in your former hometown of Pittsburgh but he’s done this as a favour for Sidney Bloom.  Hunter, this is Lindsay Peterson. She’s our gallery manager.  I’ll leave you to get acquainted.”

 

Matt joins us and I look round for the rest of the family. They don’t appear.

 

“So where…”

 

Sidney approaches him and clears his throat.  “Hunter, we need to do the press interviews.”

 

“Sidney, good evening.”  I greet him.

 

“Lindsay.”  He coldly replies.  “Matt, we won’t be long and I’ll bring him back in one piece.”

 

Without another word to me they walk away.

 

As they walk away, I smirk at Matt.  “So where’s the rest of the family?”

 

“Pittsburgh.  Excuse me. May I have another glass, please?”

 

“Of course sir.”

 

As he reaches for it and takes a sip, I notice the ring and can’t help the gasp of surprise.  But before I can say anything else, Anouk is again by my side, telling me that we need to go circulate some more.

 

By the end of the evening, my feet are killing me and all I keep seeing is his ring.  It was white gold and sapphire. Even those two had better fucking rings than I did!  I watch them get into a limo whilst I have to hail a cab and feel my resentment simmering.

 

It takes an hour to get home and I’m exhausted.

 

“How was your evening?”  Michael looks up from the movie he’s watching with Grady.

 

“Oh just fucking wonderful.”  I snipe and pour myself a glass of brandy.  “By the way, Hunter and Matt are married.”

 

“What?  When?  How do you know?”  Grady demands angrily, which surprises me.

 

“Hunter was doing the presentation so naturally Matt was there.  As for when, I don’t know but you should see their rings. White gold and sapphire and you know damn well that they didn’t buy them themselves.”

 

I pour another brandy and sit down rubbing my aching back.  “Can we pause that for a while? It’s giving me a headache.”

 

“I wonder if he has a pre-nup.”  Grady looks thoughtful.

 

“I doubt it.  Look you guys carry on. I’m going to bed.”  I tell them.

 

“You okay? Need a massage?”  Grady asks, frowning.

 

“Maybe in the morning. Just need a shower and bed.”  I reply, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

 

“I’ll come with.  Goodnight Michael.”  Grady takes my hand and leads me out.

 

MICHAEL

 

Married?!  They got fucking married!  I can’t believe I wasn’t even told!  I’m still his father in my heart!  I chuckle to myself, for a second even I believed that!

 

E&ZHoD – SUNDAY MORNING

 

TASTING AREA

 

DARIUS

 

I know I’ve stunned them but I hope in a good way.

 

“Can you repeat that?”  Emmy Lou asks.

 

“Despite his name, Tobias is from Kansas and absolutely loves BBQ and smokehouse food and I say this one time he can be indulged.  Don’t you think?”

 

“Absolutely.  But we need to speak to Emily, Francine, Faal and Brian.”  Zee looks thoughtful.

 

“Emily and Francine I can understand but Brian and Faal?”  I ask.

 

Emmy Lou grins.  “One of them has to source the smoker and the other the BBQ.”

 

Zee sighs.  “God help Justin and me.  The last time they went to look at something online, they bought something completely different though from the same region”

 

“So…”  I begin.

 

“It’s a villa in the mountains in Italy...”

 

“They can’t possibly do anything bad with a smoker and a BBQ.”  Emmy Lou asks.  “Right?”

 

“You didn’t let me finish. They bought a villa in Italy, when looking for a pasta machine.”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review.  Please be constructive and kind.  Thank you.