- Text Size +

BRIAN 

 

When Gus came in he was telling me how Justin was going to come to career day for him. It was a relief that he seemed to accept Justin in my life. It made the idea of us being a family easier. It started to become obvious that Gus was in awe of Justin. Justin came in smiling, but I could see he was doing it for Gus’s sake.

 

“Terry's on his way, can we use a computer and maybe an office?” He asks me. 

 

“Gus, why don't you go see Cynthia for a minute?” I ask, because I could see Justin didn’t want to say anything in front of Gus.

 

Gus ran out to Cynthia, saying he was going to tell her about Justin coming to school. I pulled Justin to me.

 

“What’s going on?” I ask him. 

 

“I'm hoping nothing, but it's scares the hell out of me,” He tells me. 

 

“I can't help if I don't know,” I tell him. 

 

“You need to understand that there are things that come from living in the spotlight. Sometimes it's just bullshit, but other times people think they own a piece of you. It doesn't matter that I barely know someone, it’s just how they see me,” He tells me. 

 

“Okay, but what does this have to do with you being here with Gus?” I ask him. 

 

“He was talking about a fan page I've never heard of that's all about me. Then he tells me there's video of me doing normal everyday things. It bothers me that someone is filming me and I don't know about it,” He tells me. 

 

“Fans do that, they like for people to see they saw you,” I tell him. 

 

“Which doesn’t usually happen to artists. But Brian, whoever this is has video of us when we were at the beach house. I haven’t seen it and I need Gus to help us find the site he’s talking about, but I don’t want to scare him,” He tells me.

 

“Terry’s coming for what reason?” I ask him.

 

“To see if I have another stalker or if it’s just the same moron who couldn’t understand that I wasn’t marrying him after the first date,” He tell me.

 

“That’s why Terry is treating Michael like a potential stalker?’” I ask him.

 

“He’s probably just wanting to make sure Michael doesn’t become a pain in my ass. I doubt Michael could do anything without his mother telling him to,” He tells me.

 

“Do you know what site it is?” Terry comes into my office and goes straight to Justin.

 

“Gus, Brian’s son does, but I don’t want him to think anything’s wrong. I was hoping you could tell him you just wanted to see it because you're my agent,” He tells Terry.

 

“I’ll get Gus in here, but Terry, don’t make Gus think he did anything wrong by telling Justin about this,” I warn him.

 

“He didn’t do anything but find it, so you don’t need to warn me,” He tells me.

 

Gus comes in and goes to my computer to pull up the site. I was really surprised at the fan base on the site. Then I realize that the site is because the fans are interested in a young, good looking artist. Gus smiles when he pulls up the first video for us to see.

 

“I wanted to see what you looked like when Dad told me about you,” He tells Justin.

 

It was of Justin and Daphne sitting at Molly’s graduation. The person recording it was somewhere in front of Justin but it seemed like I said, that a fan was posting a siting. I got Gus to go back out and we pulled up video of the airport and the video gets shaky when I watch Justin kiss Ted, almost like the person didn’t like seeing that. It stayed on Justin the whole time, but I see Michael staring at Justin the whole time and realize he was interested then. It was a relief that I could say it wasn’t Michael or any of the people I knew. Then it got to stalker territory, because there was video of the house we were at and video of Justin when we went to dinner and anytime we left the house. I noticed there wasn’t any of Justin going to the hospital.

 

“Justin, I’m going to get Cameron to look at this. We could have been just dealing with someone who just likes to post videos if it hadn’t been for him following you to Florida. At that point it’s going further than a fan video.” Terry tells him, Justin didn’t seem happy to hear about Cameron.

 

I refresh the page and there’s a new video and the motherfucker posted Gus in it. Justin looks at me then walks out to the front door and looks around. We follow him, but there are people all over with phones walking around. I look to see if anyone is looking at Justin but really don’t see anyone.

 

“Brian, we need to protect Gus,” Justin tells me.

 

“I need to protect all of you,” I tell him sliding my hand down to his flat stomach.

 

“Get back in here, because you don’t need someone seeing that.” Terry tells me looking at my hand.

 

“Terry, the person was here, because that was when I called you,” Justin tells Terry.

 

“I know and we’ll keep everyone safe, but right now I need to see if Cameron can come here,” He tells me.

 

“He’s going to tell me to hide again,” Justin groans.

 

“Robert broke into your house and destroyed anything he could get his hands on. We were worried that he would try to destroy you for dating someone new. It’s just lucky that his parent’s took it seriously enough to get him help,” Terry tells Justin.

 

“Robert?” I ask.

 

“He’s the date who thought we were destined to be together. When he started stalking me, taking my 'no' wrong, Terry got a restraining order. But you know they only work if the police are there while the person is there. When he tossed my house, he didn’t leave, but sat on the couch waiting for me. The silent alarm alerted the police, who took him in. His parents didn’t try to pretend that he didn’t need help, but found a place for him to get it. I haven’t seen him since,” Justin tells me.

 

“I still have to check that he isn’t here,” Terry tells Justin.

 

“Just call his father. I don’t want him to feel like we suspect anything unless it’s possible. He’s been doing really well and I don’t want to hurt his recovery.” Justin tells Terry.

 

“How do you know he’s doing well?” I ask Justin.

 

“His doctor lets my lawyer know because it’s the condition that we used to keep him out of jail.” Terry tells me.

 

“We all felt that it was better that I wasn’t there to confuse him,” Justin tells me.

 

“Jail was where he should have been,” I growl.

 

“He was barely twenty and thought that he was in love with me,” Justin tells me.

 

Terry calls and get’s Cameron on the phone. Cameron looks on the site and watches while we wait for him to say something.

 

“Is there something about you that brings out the crazy assholes?” Cameron says over the speaker.

 

“I don’t know. Tell me Cameron, what made you a crazy asshole?” Justin asks him sarcastically.

 

“I’m probably the only sane person you ever dated. I just decided I couldn’t deal with high maintenance princesses,” He tells Justin.

 

“Cameron you two can bicker later, there’s one other thing you need to know. Justin’s pregnant, and I doubt that is going to be a good thing if this is a stalker,” Terry tells him.

 

“God help the unfortunate asshole who has to put up with Justin. I’ll get a flight and bring some guys with me, tell Princess not to run around giving the person more chance to film him,” Cameron tells us.

 

Justin scowls at the phone and then hangs up and glares at Terry. I was just relieved to know that I wasn’t going to have to deal with some guy who still wanted Justin.

 

“He’s good at his job,” Terry tells a scowling Justin.

 

“I’m not high maintenance. I just like things the way I do,” He pouts.

 

“Justin, you didn’t even care when he broke it off,” Terry tells him.

 

“I still don’t, but it’s because he wanted to order me around and I don’t take orders,” Justin tells me.

 

“I’m good with high maintenance, just be sure you can deal with it,” I tell Justin.

 

MICHAEL

 

Sitting in the shop, I was looking up things about Justin. It was nice to see his face without him looking at me like he didn’t like me. I heard the bell ring and saw a guy walk in and look around, I just went back to the pictures of Justin in the online papers. Ma came in with lunch and sat next to me so I closed the window and opened the box she brought.

 

“Have you talked to Emmett lately?” She asks me.

 

“He’s not answering my phone calls, he told me that Justin isn’t going to love me and that I need to give up,” I tell her as more kids come in.

 

“Honey, maybe Emmett’s right, unless he sees Brian for who he is you're never going to get him to see what a catch you are,” She tells me.

 

I smile but frown when I hear someone snort, and then the kids come up to the counter to buy their comics. I smiled at the boys who were excited for the new issue of Spiderman. Ma kisses my cheek and walks back out. Justin will see when Brian starts going to Babylon every night that even if he doesn’t want me, that he won’t want him either.

 

EMMETT

 

Teddy and I went to lunch at a deli near Kinnetik and were walking back. Teddy was nervous about going out with Ben. I really don’t see them as being a good match but only because Ben’s not really ready for a relationship. I mean yeah, he’s like fifteen on a scale of one to ten but Teddy’s not really all Zenny the way Ben is. Then I’m not really a great judge of who to have a relationship with either. Terry seems okay but kind of not exciting, I want someone who sees me and wants to rip my clothes off, not talk all night.

 

“Do you think it was a date?” Teddy asks again.

 

“Who knows with Ben. It could be that he just wanted to go see some indy film and thought it was your kind of thing,” I tell him.

 

“I’m probably making too much of this aren’t I?” He asks me.   

 

“Teddy, it’s not that, I just don’t think he’s the kind of guy you normally go for,” I tell him.

 

“I usually go for Justin’s type. But it’s weird, I think Justin’s nice looking, but don’t really see more than a potential friend. I’ve always liked Ben, but in a way I really don’t know a lot about him,” He tells me.

 

“Then go out and see if he’s more than muscles. I just think you need a guy who’s more exciting,” I tell him.

 

We get to Kinnetik and I see Terry talking to someone on phone but when he sees me he hangs up and pulls me to him, laying one hell of a kiss on me. I was still shocked when he whispered for me to look around and see if anyone was watching the building. I noticed a few people who gave us strange looks but didn’t really understand what he wanted.

 

“Someone has been filming Justin when he doesn’t know about it. Justin’s going to come outside in a minute and I need to see if anyone pays attention to him. I just don’t want to be obvious about it,” He whispers, licking my ear.

 

“You think this isn’t going to attract attention?” I whisper, running my hands down his back.

 

“I think that if someone is fixated on Justin, you and I aren’t going to be who they stare at,” He tells me.

 

“Why didn’t you kiss Ted?” I ask him.

 

“Ted doesn’t make me want to see what’s poking my thigh,” He tells me then kisses me again. Maybe I need to reassess the whole Terry thing. 

 

When Justin walks out I look around, but like I told Terry, no one seems to be paying attention. Terry tells us that the person probably left when they posted the video. Brian asks Cynthia to get Gus to Mel and tell Mel he needs to talk to her about what’s going on. Then tells us all that if we are out, not to say anything about Justin’s whereabouts. 

 

“What about Michael and Deb? They’re talking to anyone who will listen at the diner,” I ask Brian.

 

“They can say what they want, but they are not to know where we live. Do I make myself clear?” Brian asks me.

 

I nod because I will not piss off an already pissed off Brian Kinney.