- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

I woke up and looked around, but I’ve never seen this place. No one was in the room but he had to be somewhere. The room was nice but not really my thing, but I figured that if my stalker was here it was better not to show disappointment. The door opened and Lindsay was standing there with tears in her eyes. I really just couldn’t give her any sympathy.

 

“Is this Sam thinking I’m going to give him what he wants?” I ask her.

 

“Justin, please don’t do anything to piss this guy off,” She begs me.

 

“Who the fuck is it and why are you here?” I ask her.

 

“Hi Angel, Lindsay here is going to take care of you to make up for trying to hurt you, aren’t you Lindsay?” He looks at her.

 

“Just don’t hurt Sam,” She whimpers.

 

“Brandon, you do realize that everyone is going to be looking for me,” I tell him.

 

“I think they might have a hard time finding you. I only want to take care of you the way Brian isn’t,” He tells me, sitting on the end of the bed. When Lindsay tries to leave he aims a gun at her and tells her to sit down.

 

“Brandon, why not let her go? I’m here, and really, I don’t want to have to look at her,” I tell him, hoping that for once in her life she does the right thing and tells Brian where to find me.

 

“Lindsay doesn’t want to go anywhere, because this is her chance to show Sam that she’d do anything to save him,” He tells me.

 

“Let Sam go and we’ll leave and not tell anyone where you are,” Lindsay tells us, which means no help from her.

 

“Brandon, why am I here?” I ask when he looks at Lindsay as if he really wants to hurt her.

 

“I’m going to get my angel back. And Lindsay is going to help return you to me, since she helped me get you,” He tells me.

 

Lindsay pulls me up and takes me in the bathroom. Looking at the hair dye, I guess the black really pissed him off. I don’t know, I kind of liked the color, but then I’m not really picky about my hair. So I sit like a good boy while Lindsay cuts off most of my hair then starts working on changing it back to blond. Brandon is there the whole time, smiling, but I have to know how this started for him.

 

“Why me?” I ask him.

 

“I don’t know, because the first time I saw you, you looked like all the other twinks,” He tells me, kind of confused by that.

 

“Where did you first see me?” I ask him.

 

“My mother wanted to go to the emerging artists show you were in, but like I said, I saw you but there wasn’t really anything to make you stand out. I think it’s just that you never looked at me that night, it’s the only thing that can explain it. I didn’t even bother to get your name,” He tells me, and in a way it’s kind of insulting.

 

“So what did I do at the graduation that changed your mind?” I ask him, really wishing Lindsay would quit crying.

 

“You smiled for me,” He tells me, which sounds crazy, but then he obviously isn’t sane.

 

“Why not just come up and meet me?” I ask.

 

“I needed time to see if I really wanted you. I want you to know, I let Brian stay with you only because I wanted you to come back,” He tells me, smirking.

 

I couldn’t really talk because the fumes were making me nauseous. I needed to figure out how to get the fuck out of here.

 

“They really thought I didn’t know about the cameras, but I needed a way to not have to be at work without having Carl questioning me,” He tells me.

 

“Why not just quit?” I asked when the nausea subsided.

 

“It’s a condition my father put on letting me use my trust. He seems to think if I’m free to do what I want, he'll have to pay people off again,” He tells me. “He can't seem to understand that true love sometimes means taking what you want,” He wasn't talking to me but to himself at this point.

 

I look up at Lindsay because he'd put the gun on the counter next to her, but Brian’s right, she's useless. I started trying to reach around her but he turned and leaned next to it.

 

“Why did you hurt my stepmother and Michael?” I ask, hoping he'll move.

 

“I could tell you didn’t like her, and I wanted her to know I didn't approve of a whore touching you. Michael seems to think he can have what's mine. Of course he's stupid enough to make a shrine, which will only make everyone believe it was him doing everything. You know, at one time Brian impressed me, but having Michael around really just turned me off. I thought I wanted Brian and lost the contest just so we could be together, but I now realize he was my way to meeting you,” He tells me and starts pacing. 

 

It was hard not to snort at the idea he could have won, but okay, now isn't the time to point that out to insaneo. Really, if Lindsay gets in my way I might just let Brandon shoot her ass for showing that blondes are as dumb as people think.

 

“Wait, how did you come up with Brian being your link to me?” I ask, and really Justin, let stalker stay distracted.

 

“I was there because I thought Brian would be, but when I saw you taking to his friends, I knew you were who I'd been waiting for,” He tells me. 

 

You know how I told Brian none of the things that happened to me were his fault, I was wrong. Apparently we attract the same kind of stalkers. I mean, how the hell did Brandon go from tall, gorgeous brunette to short blond twink?

 

“Are you done?” Brandon growls.

 

Lindsay nodded and whimpered, and Brandon pointed to the shower. Like hell I'm getting naked for either of them. I refused to get up, Brandon looked at the window which was small but not impossible for me. I'm just glad I'm still at my normal weight, because my ass is out of here when they leave me alone.

 

He pulled Lindsay out with the gun in hand. The fact that he can't see what he's doing is truly insane… Okay baby, it's time to get to Daddy. I looked out the window and well, let's just say it's not on the ground floor but doable, if I can climb the tree on the side of this house. Lindsay can rescue herself since she kept me from helping both of us.

 

I could hear Brandon still talking, and turned on the shower, hoping it would keep him out long enough. Then I figured I could save my hair by getting the chemicals out. Yes I know, Lifetime makes movies about how wasting time gets you caught. 

 

The window opens easily, which makes me worry about how only stupid men seem to be attracted to Brian and me. Then again, now is not the time for this. I hate my ass, I mean my ass as in the thing that is not wanting to go out the window but a couple shoves and I'm standing on the roof. Of course, at that minute Brandon must have decided I was taking too long. So run I did, leaping to the branch and hurrying down to the ground. Once I touched earth I ran, quickly looking behind me when I heard Brandon yelling. It was when I got yanked into the woods that I almost screamed, but Brian covered my mouth with his. I'll admit that I kind of forgot where I was for a second, until the sirens were wailing around us.

 

“How did you find me so fast?” I whispered.

 

“Justin, you've been missing for a week,” He tells me, and I know I looked confused. 

 

It was then that my adrenaline must have worn out, because I'm sure I passed out.

 

BRIAN 

 

I carried Justin to the car, but how did he not know he's been gone that long? We only found the house because Brandon led us here. I looked up to see Lindsay and Sam coming out behind Brandon. Lindsay was doing her usual ‘I’m a victim’ and Sam seemed to be almost smug. 

 

Cameron was on his phone talking up a storm, but when Sam and Lindsay tried to get in a car to leave, he stopped them. I left Justin with Blake and Ted to see what the hell was going on.

 

“Carl, you need to bring them in,” Cameron tells him. 

 

“Why?”

 

“I think they need to explain why the house belongs to them,” Cameron tells him. 

 

“We were going to hurt him,” Lindsay mumbles. 

 

“Shut the fuck up.” Sam tells her.

 

“You told me this was the only way to prove I loved you,” She tells him. 

 

“I don’t know what she's talking about,” Sam tells us.

 

“I think she's talking about how you two abducted Justin,” Cameron tells him.

 

“It was that guy, not us,” Sam tells him.

 

“Why not explain it at the precinct?” Carl asks him, having Lindsay and Sam cuffed.

 

Cameron grabbed me when I lunged at Sam. “Brian, take care of Justin. I'll explain when I get to your house,” He tells me. 

 

For the first time I didn't fight him, because he was right, Justin needed me to be there with him.

 

CAMERON 

 

This was a case that just seemed to get more complicated. For a week we just couldn't get a break. Brandon was everywhere, and even had a real alibi for the time of the abduction, he was talking to IA. I just couldn’t shake that he was the stalker, so we followed him, but nothing led to Justin. Most stalkers don't leave their obsession if they have managed to get them, but it wasn't until he found out Justin was missing that it was obvious he didn’t take him.

 

When we followed him to the house was when I started to realize we might have been looking at the whole thing wrong. I called my techs to see whose house this was, and then it started to make sense. Carl held his guys back from storming the house, but only because we needed proof before we went in, the proof came from the window. I think Brian is going to have his hands full with Justin. I smiled as Justin, who never learned fear, climbed out, really rescuing himself, but then he's never been one to wait for help. I watched as he ran straight into Brian. It really brought home that Justin was meant to find Brian, and maybe it's time for me to stop wishing things could have worked for him and I. Which I think Brian knew, but didn't say.

 

Getting in the squad car with Carl, I decided it was time to get answers.

 

“What made you take Justin?” I ask Sam, because it wasn't Lindsay. 

 

“I want a lawyer,” Was his answer.