- Text Size +

 

JUSTIN

 

After being checked out and finding out I was a little dehydrated, and that apparently the knock to the head was the cause of me not really remembering being gone for a week, Lindsay seemed to figure out that Sam was trying to say she did everything and decided to save her own ass as much as possible. Apparently Sam was running out of money, with all the ex’s and kids, on top of the galleries not showing him. He wanted me to pay up for his losses. The only problem came when I wasn’t coherent enough to get the money he wanted. And by the time I woke up enough, Brandon was there. Brandon tried to say he only followed Lindsay because he thought she was acting suspicious, and low and behold he found me. He said he was just trying to help me. Right, tell that to the gun and my new haircut. 

 

Brian and I were at the hospital when Cameron came in and let us know that they were all being held without bail because all were flight risks. Mel showed up at the precinct with the paperwork to get Lindsay to relinquish her rights to Gus, which also came with the condition that Mel would get a lawyer to work on Lindsay’s case. What really bothered Brian was that once again Lindsay was using Gus to help herself. Leda looked at Brian and asked why he was even surprised by it.

 

The best moment was when they brought in the ultrasound machine, we got to see the blob that was going to be our child, with Gus by our side. Then Brian took Gus for a walk with Mel so they could explain to him what was going on with Lindsay. Brian told me that Gus really didn’t react much to it, but then he’s already used to Lindsay barely being there. 

 

With everyone in jail, Brian and I were finally able to go home alone. Cameron wanted to stay in town until he was sure no one was getting out to cause any more problems. So Brian gave him the keys to the loft, but told him something about finding a life that included someone who could love him. 

 

Emmett and Ted ended up arranging for Michael to get some help, but Brian wasn’t hopeful because Michael still doesn’t understand what was wrong with his creepy montage of pictures. Deb of course is still trying to play it off as if it was a hobby, not one step closer to being Brandon. 

 

Brian seemed to finally relax after a month with nothing more exciting than Gus coming to stay for a couple of weeks. Gus is truly his father's son, because like Brian, Gus loves with his whole heart. There was no jealousy of me or the new baby coming, just excitement. 

 

BRIAN 

 

I was sitting in the den so Justin could sleep. I keep having nightmares that we don’t find Justin. I've been trying not to let him see how much what happened scared the shit out of me, because he just seems to act like nothing happened. He really only remembers the last day, while I remember each day when we couldn’t get a break. Then having Deb act like we were being selfish because we didn't have time for Michael. Ted really came through when he had her banned from everything I owned. 

 

With him home I thought I could regain my equilibrium, but it just leaves me remembering how out of control everything felt.  

 

“Brian are you okay?” Justin asks, sitting next to me.

 

“I couldn’t sleep, and you need to,” I tell him. 

 

“I would if you'd tell me why you're out here and not in bed,” He tells me. 

 

The asshole in me wanted to tell him that he doesn't need to know, but if I wanted us to work, I couldn’t hide behind the asshole persona anymore. 

 

“I keep dreaming we never find you,” I tell him. 

 

“Then wake me up so you know you did,” He tells me, as if it's that easy.

 

“The whole time you were gone I felt helpless because there was nothing I could do but wait. I'm used to being in charge,” I tell him. 

 

Justin gets up and holds his hand out to me. I looked at him puzzled. “Show me,” He tells me. 

 

He didn’t stop me when I pushed him to his knees. He rubbed his face against my sweats. He then pulled them down enough to release me then welcomed me into his mouth. Even with allowing me to set the pace, it wasn’t enough. I pulled him on my lap, grinding against him. When he came I used it to make my entrance easier and held him still until I was seated fully inside of him. I looked into his eyes, because there was no barrier, just us. He leaned over and licked my lips then pushed his tongue into my mouth, and began riding me. When I could feel the beginning of my completion I held his hips, stilling him, so I could do what we needed. Thrusting faster, I came, but kept going though my climax to help him reach his. I felt the wetness between us, then Justin collapsed on top of me. I held him, not wanting to pull out. I fell asleep as he pulled a blanket over us, only dreaming of a beautiful little girl smiling Justin’s smile.   

 

 

The next morning I woke up hearing too many voices for it to be just Gus and Justin. When I heard Mel's voice I knew it was most likely about Lindsay. Getting up and going to the kitchen I could tell Justin wasn’t happy with what brought her here.

 

“With everything going on with Lindsay, I decided to postpone the honeymoon so Gus could come home,” She tells him. 

 

“Is there some reason you don't want Gus staying with us?” Justin asks her. 

 

“I'm going to be honest. Since you and Brian met I feel your life brought trouble for Gus. He shouldn't have to have security around him but he does, because if you,” She tells him.

 

“I'll be honest with you, I'm not impressed with a mother who doesn't protect her son from a woman who uses him to get what she wants. A woman who participated in part of the reason Gus has to have security around him,” He tells her. 

 

“She wasn’t your stalker,” Mel tells him weakly.

 

“No, just fucking helped my stalker when she and her boyfriend had what has to be the dumbest plan for extortion I’ve ever run across. I understand wanting to protect your son, but I think you’ve been protecting him from all the wrong things,” He tells her.

 

“I thought we were done playing these games using Gus,” I say from the doorway.

 

“Brian, we are, it’s just… Leda’s pissed at me,” She mumbles.

 

“So what do you want me to do about that Mel?” I ask her.

 

I can see Justin’s confused how this seemed to start with Gus and end in Mel has a problem. It’s something that so far hadn’t been a part of our lives. 

 

“Nothing. I just couldn’t stay in the house with Leda asking me why I’m bothering to help Lindsay. Fuck Brian, why can’t Lindsay not cause problems in my relationships? She left me and it’s like she’s still around to stir up trouble,” She tells me.

 

“Running away and canceling your honeymoon wasn’t the best idea you could have come up with. If Leda was Lindsay then you’d be doing the norm for that relationship, but you need to remember Leda isn’t asking to pick a fight, but like me, she doesn’t get why you're still acting as though you still owe Lindsay anything. Why are you doing that?” I ask her.

 

“Because everything is going so well with Leda that I’m waiting for something to go wrong,” She tells me.

 

“I thought you spent money on a therapist for this crap,” I ask her, because once again Mel and I were wandering into the feelings category.

 

“I did, but he seemed to want to discuss you. Apparently you’re all kinds of dysfunction.” She tells me, giving Justin a kiss. Which really? why? And then leaving.

 

“Can you explain that to me, because she comes here like I’m the problem, then tells you her problem?” He asks.

 

“I think without Lindsay, she’s still trying to see if she can come to me when she’s not seeing things clearly,” I tell him. “Usually she’s more, ‘Kinney my life is fucked up and it’s your fault, fix it’,”

 

“I don’t like that she was trying to make it that she felt I was dangerous to Gus,” He tells me.

 

“I don’t either, and I’ll find out from her where that came from,” I tell him.

 

“It comes from her being able to control everything in Gus’s life. Which means it’s time to deal with that too.” He tells me.

 

“We will,” I tell him.