- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

I really hated that we were having to sit here with Cameron while he questioned all the guys including Michael, at Kinnetik. I didn’t have to talk to Michael, but Cameron wanted Michael there in case he might have seen anyone who acted strange around the beach house. Cameron is good at what he does, but he can be a bit intimidating. I smiled at Blake, who was staring at Ted. See, I knew Teddy had the power to get guys to look at him. 

 

“I brought Blake because we can make him look enough like you to fool anyone from a distance. Unlike you, Blake pays attention to his surroundings,” He tells me. I gave him the one finger salute for that one.

 

“Sorry, but I don’t see anyone mistaking him for Justin,” Brian tells Cameron.

 

“I’ve done it before, but if they are too close no, they know I’m not him,” Blake tells Brian.

 

“I'm going to agree with Brian, there's no way I could mistake you two,” Ted tells him smiling brightly at Blake. 

 

“We’ve been able to rule out most of your friends simply because they were in the videos. There is still Ben Bruckner, Melanie Marcus, and Lindsay Peterson to interview. Is there any reason you could see one of them being at the graduation?” He asks all the guys.

 

“I know Lindsay was there, but not Mel or Ben.” Ted tells us.

 

“Why was Lindsay at the graduation?” I ask Ted.

 

“I think some girlfriend she went to school with had a kid graduating with Molly but I’m not sure. It’s not like I really talk to her,” Ted tells me.

 

“Then she stays on the list, but you mentioned that Michael invited people to your house?” He asks me.

 

“He was trying to prove Brian was going to trick,” I tell him.

 

“I’m asking because this guy was around the house, and if Michael invited people he didn’t know, he could have invited the person doing this,” He tells us.

 

“They didn’t film the party,” I point out.

 

“Or just didn’t post it because they were in the video. Was there anyone who seemed interested in parts of the house that weren’t where they were having the party?” He asks me.

 

“I didn’t go out and check, I was kind of pissed that anyone thought they should invite people over without my permission,” I tell him.

 

“I’m to blame for making you let Michael stay. I’m such a jackass for not seeing what Teddy’s been telling me,” Emmett tells us.

 

“There were a few guys who wandered around, but Brian and I kept them away from the part of the house Justin was in,” Ted tells Cameron.

 

“Do you see this guy as dangerous?” Terry asked Cameron.

 

“Right now no, but we don’t know for sure unless it becomes more than videos,” Blake tells us.

 

“I also want to point out that we don’t know that it’s a guy either. You're assuming that, based on Gus calling him a guy, but that could be just phrasing,” Cameron tells us.

 

“Is this because you think it’s Lindsay?” Brian asks him.

 

“No. I just don’t want to rule out anyone, man or woman. There are lots of women who somehow believe that gay men could change if they just meet the right woman,” He tells us.

 

“I doubt it was Ben, he didn’t seem all that interested in Justin when he met him,” Terry tells us.

 

“He was also teaching summer classes, so he couldn’t leave town,” Emmett tells us. 

 

“Which makes it easy to verify he's not the one,” Blake tells us. 

 

Mel walked in looking concerned and sat down beside Ted.

 

“Why did you want me here?” She asks us.

 

“We needed to talk to you, and I wanted to make sure you’re alert around Gus,” Brian tells her.

 

“We think that Justin has someone watching him, and today the person posted video of him and Gus on a fansite that Gus used to see who Justin was,” Ted tells her.

 

“You don’t think they would do anything to Gus do you?” She asks us.

 

“Right now it’s just being alert, it could be more if this person isn’t stable,” Cameron tells her.

 

“I can have someone assigned to stay with you and Gus if you want that,” I tell her.

 

“As long as my son is safe you can do anything that guarantees that,” Brian tells us.

 

“I could leave and go back to New York. It would most likely take who ever it is with me,” I tell Brian.

 

“I want our child protected too Justin, and you being anywhere without me isn’t going to make it better,” He tells me.

 

“Is there any way to make sure that news doesn’t get out?” Cameron asks us.

 

“It’s Michael, Lindsay, and Deb you would need to stop from telling everyone on Liberty Avenue,” Emmett tells us.

 

“Lindsay wouldn’t want that to get out,” Mel tells us.

 

“Why would you think that?” Cameron asks Mel.

 

“I doubt Justin noticed, but she seems to ignore that Brian said you were pregnant. I was shocked that it didn’t cause any reaction from her. She’s always made sure that everyone knew Brian was Gus’s father and she was the woman who had his baby,” Mel tells us.

 

“She’s after Sam, so most likely she doesn’t care about Brian having another kid,” Ted tells her.

 

“Have you ever known her not to care about anything that makes her special in some way?” Mel tells him.

 

“Which leads me to my question, do you think Lindsay would do this?” Cameron asks Mel.

 

“If she thought Justin would be her way into the art world, she would. She isn’t the sweet woman that she projects,” Mel tells us.

 

“I think we would have noticed if Lindsay was anywhere around,” Emmett tells him.

 

“Did you see her at the graduation?” Cameron asks Emmett.

 

“No. But well, I wasn’t really looking for her.” Emmett tells him.

 

“What graduation?” Mel asks.

 

“My sister Molly graduated this year and Ted said Lindsay was there,” I tell her.

 

“A friend of hers invited her to go to the graduation. I know because she was supposed to do something with Gus, but canceled to go. She showed up right after trying to apologize to Gus, but he wasn’t really in the mood to listen to her,” Mel tells us.

 

“Do you know what time it was?” Cameron asked her.

 

“Somewhere between one and three I think. I wasn’t really paying attention because I was upset at her for disappointing Gus again,” She tells us.

 

“That still puts her able to be at the airport. Do you know where she was when they went on vacation?” Cameron asks Mel.

 

“I don’t really keep up with her unless it involves Gus. I know she was supposed to be meeting Sam somewhere because we didn’t hear from her for about two weeks,” She tells us.

 

“I would have noticed her, Cameron.” I tell him.

 

“Not if you were busy on your phone, and did you look around or just where you were walking?” He asks me.

 

“Fine, suspect her until you can prove who it is,” I tell him.

 

“Justin this might not be anything, but I’d rather not risk finding out it is by not taking it seriously,” Cameron tells me.

 

“I’m not going to do anything stupid. I’ve always complied with your wishes when it comes to this stuff,” I tell him.

 

“Does this happen to you a lot?” Mel asks me.

 

“It’s part of being in a world that glamorizes people for doing what is, in essence, a job. Justin normally doesn’t have crazy fans but there have been a few people who have gone too far. Most of the time it’s not a big deal, because they just want to say they know him,” Terry tells her.

 

“I talked to Michael Novotny, who I have to say would be my first choice for stalker, but with him in the videos and seemingly just as unaware as the rest of you, makes him less likely. I did explain to him that you want to be left alone. I think he understands,” Cameron tells me, smirking.

 

MICHAEL

 

I left, pissed that the Cameron guy acted like I was bothering Justin. He actually told me that if I didn’t leave Justin alone, I’d be dealing with him. He needs to see that Brian is really who he should warn off. I was walking back to the diner because I was pissed and had no one to talk to, with all my friends acting like assholes to me. I went the back way because I walked too far not paying attention, which is all Cameron’s fault for treating me like I was a criminal. 

 

I wanted to tell him that he could take his threats and shove them up his ass, but he looked like he could bench press my ass without breaking a sweat. The last thing I need is too…

 

 

DINER

 

I sat around waiting to see if Deb had any more to say about Justin. She seemed to announce everything to the world. I really had to say we agree on one thing, Brian doesn’t deserve Justin. Justin’s mother came in and Deb sat with her, telling her that Michael is just waiting for Brian to screw up and then he would be there to help Justin get over Brian. His mother told her that she wasn’t going to push Justin anymore because it was causing her to lose what little relationship they had. She only wanted him to have someone better than Brian in his life. I wanted to kiss her for realizing I'm who her son needed, but I didn’t need anybody to help me. I decided that when Justin and I were together he could keep her in his life.

 

I got up and waited in the alley for Michael, because he needs to see that he needs to leave Justin alone. He walked by, completely oblivious to anything, so it was easy to knock him out and drag him behind the dumpster. I kicked him in the ribs and stomach until I felt better, but left when I heard the door open. Hopefully broken ribs will keep him busy for a while. 

 

I went to the electronic’s store and made sure to follow the blonde who touched Justin. I hope she’s not in the wrong place when her brakes fail, but then there are plenty of young stupid women for Daddy dearest to marry. Then again, if Craig upsets Justin he might not need to worry about that. I made sure to leave a message in the car so the bitch left Justin alone if she managed not to die in the crash.

 

Getting to the hotel lobby I sign in and go sit in the lobby so I can see Justin when he comes in. I waited for a couple hours and got frustrated when he didn’t show up. Brian better not have taken him to where he brings his whores. Justin was born to a life of privilege and I want him to only be around the best.

 

I walked into Babylon like I owned it and looked for someone who I could pretend was my angel. I smiled at a guy and he came as if I was offering him the best night of his life. I took him to the back and took out my frustrations that he wasn’t Justin on him. He moaned as he came on the floor while sucking my dick, I pulled out and covered his face because in the end, he wasn’t Justin.