- Text Size +

JUSTIN 

 

Brian still looked at Blake, not believing for a second anyone would think he's me. 

 

“We just need Blake to fool someone long enough to see if anyone follows him. Brandon got off the plane this morning but went straight to his family's home. If it isn't him, then we have a chance to find out who it is,” Cameron tells him. 

 

“Ted, I want you to stay with Justin as if you were attached to his hip,” Brian tells him. 

 

Blake and Brian leave the room together. The plan was for them to go to a few stores and eat lunch together with the hope that someone would follow them. Ted and I were going from the underground parking garage to my building. Cameron got the landlord to agree to let us in the service entrance. My landlord was being all sorts of accommodating, since it was his nephew who let people into my apartment. 

 

Ted and I followed my guys to the car. Ted seemed to be on edge the whole drive.

 

“Does Blake do this a lot?” He asks me.

 

“It’s his job, but if you mean pretend to be me, no. He only did that once and it was just so I could leave a party my ex showed up at. Most of the time he’s like the guys driving and following me,” I tell him.

 

“I guess I just saw him as someone who hung around with you and Cameron,” He tells me.

 

“Cameron met Blake when he was still trying to figure out what to do with his life. Blake liked a job where he helped people. Blake can take care of himself, trust me, he kicked my ass enough times when I wanted to learn to fight,” I tell him.

 

“It’s hard to imagine him roughing someone up,” He tells me.

 

“I’m sure he’d love to show you,” I tell him.

 

Ted walked to my apartment with me, but stepped back when I started cursing that the door where I store paintings when I work on them here, is open. I always keep it locked, because I don’t want people touching my work. 

 

BRIAN

 

Cameron told me not to look around but to act like I normally would. He wanted it so if someone followed us that they didn’t see Blake’s face. Blake pulled it off but I had a hard time not wanting to look over my shoulder. For over two hours we shopped and then sat and ate, but no one seemed to make Cameron want to hurl them, so when Terry called to say the princess was thinking of killing a former lesbian, we called it a day. Justin was in rare form and I had no idea who he was talking to, although he wasn’t really talking, but shouting through his phone.

 

“You fucking piece of shit, you really think I care that you have pictures of my work… I don’t respond to threats you asshole… You do realize that everything I do is insured so people like you can’t try to copy what I do, which would be hard for you since you need your muses to draw lines so you can color in the space… How about I let my partner run an ad in every Art column in the country explaining how you think you can force me to do a show with a has been… People kiss my ass because I’m not repeating previous works, but bringing something new to the table with every show… I hope you and Lindsay enjoy what my lawyer will do to your asses for this… You don’t think my lawyer is taping this shit,” Justin hangs up.

 

“What did they do?” I ask him.

 

“Sam wanted pictures of my unrealised work. He apparently thought it would get me to agree to show with him and his new protegee. Lindsay, being the moron who believes Sam, did his dirty work while he’s off fucking her replacement,” Justin tells me.

 

“He admitted to it?” Terry asks him.

 

“Only after I told him I had proof, which I don’t really, just a text telling me that I should be careful about the people Brian brings into my life,” Justin tells us.

 

“Who sent it?” Cameron asks him.

 

“My stalker. With the message that he wanted me to know he was looking out for me,” Justin tells us, handing the phone to me.

 

“Angel, by allowing Brian into your life, you allow the people he calls friends in too. You should really figure out why Lindsay was taking pictures of your work for Sam. See, I care and wouldn’t want anything that would hurt us in your life,”

 

“Did they break any laws by photographing his work?” I ask Terry.

 

“Lindsay would get unlawful entry and both could get Copyright Infringement. If Sam is smart he’ll get rid of any evidence that he has any pictures from Lindsay,” Terry tells me.

 

“He won’t. He still thinks he has enough clout that no one will touch him,” Justin tells us.

 

I realized that if Lindsay was prosecuted for this than there wouldn’t be a fight for Gus. I look at Justin and he seemed like he was trying to find a way to tell me something.

 

“I can’t let this go, it’s my career,” He tells me.

 

“Justin, you do what you have to, it’s just if she’s in jail then it really helps with the Gus situation,” I tell him.

 

“Do you think he’ll be okay with what I’m going to do?” He asks me.

 

“She’s barely there now, so it’s not like he would miss her,” I tell him.

 

“Did you guys spot anyone?” Ted asks me.

 

“No one that seemed to be looking at Blake,” Cameron tells us.

 

“Terry, call Jared and tell him what Sam and Lindsay did, then have someone move these paintings into the gallery vault. Tell the landlord for me that if my work was compromised I will fucking own this building. I want my lease broken and my shit out of here by next week,” Justin tells Terry, who starts calling to get what Justin wants, done. 

 

“Where do you want me to store your stuff?” Terry ask him.

 

“I bought a house, so fucking put it there,” He tells him, irritated.

 

“Calm down, he’s just making sure to do what you want,” I tell him, stroking his back.

 

Justin leans on me and takes a few breaths until he seems to be okay again. Terry mouths ‘thank you’ and walks out to see the landlord about Justin’s commands. 

 

“I’m hungry, but I think if you put one thing in front of me that’s healthy I might not like you anymore,” He whispers into my chest.

 

I kiss the top of his head and walk out of his apartment determined that my babies get what they want. When I pulled into a mom and pop diner, Justin hopped out and ran inside to order before any of us could catch him. 

 

“I think he still thinks you plan on torturing him with salad. Which he normally likes,” Blake tells me.

 

I sat down and asked for coffee, while Justin and Ted seem to want to kill their arteries with grease. Justin was leaning on me trying to get me to try his hashbrowns covered in everything they had in the diner, when Cameron tilted his head out the window. I turn and see a guy standing at the corner of a building taking pictures of us. Before I could say anything, Cameron got up ran out of the diner. Cameron disappeared, but showed up a few minutes later looking pissed.

 

“He managed to get away but if it’s the stalker, then it isn’t Brandon, the guy isn’t big enough.” He tells us.

 

TED

 

I turned to Brian and knew he knew. I really hate what I’m about to have to say. It doesn’t look very good that he’s here taking pictures of Justin and Brian.

 

“It’s Michael.” I tell him.

 

“How could you tell who it was?” Cameron asks me.

 

“When he turned, he had on his Captain Astro jacket. Michael went on and on about how he had one of the last ones left.” I tell him.

 

“Please correct me if I’m wrong, but Michael’s not really…” Cameron looks to Brian and me.

 

“Devious?” I ask. 

 

“Ted just say it, Michael really couldn’t make a plan without asking someone how to pull it off, and then he’d still fuck it up with step by step instructions,” Terry tells us.

 

“How the hell were you guys friends with him?” Blake asks Brian and me.

 

“Why is he even here?” Cameron asks us.

 

Brian gives me the look when he expects me to do something and no, I don’t care if he fires me. I’m not dealing with Deb. “Nope, I refuse, not going to happen.” I tell him.

 

“Hey Emmett, you want to do Daddy a favor… Find out why Michael’s here… thanks Babe,” Terry hangs up.

 

“Daddy, he calls you Daddy, man you don’t tell people that shit,” Justin tells Terry.

 

“You really want to get into that Pooh-bear?” Terry smirks at Justin.

 

“Hey, he sucked my dick like a pro, I was good with whatever he wanted to call me,” Justin tells him.

 

“You were great when his wife wanted the painting of him too,” He snarks at Justin.

 

“Boys can we pay attention to the possibility that Michael, like the scarecrow, might have gotten a brain,” Cameron tells them.

 

“I think you overestimate his abilities young padawan,” Brian tells him.

 

“Or you all underestimate him because he seems like an idiot,” Cameron tells Brian.

 

I looked at Brian and it only took us seconds to start laughing at the idea that Michael could really hide anything. 

 

DEB

 

Emmett came into the diner and I ignored him because he’s hasn’t been supportive of Michael. He barely spent any time at the hospital when Michael was there and now he thinks he can come in here and act everything is fine. I walked past him and waited on everyone else, I even told the others not to help anyone who sides with Brian. They all seem to think I’m being ridiculous, but if they can’t show me the respect I deserve for being there for them, then I’ll show them what it’s like without me. 

 

“Deb, this is getting to the point that Hebbie is going to fire your ass for ignoring customers,” Kiki tells me.

 

“He needs to remember that these guys come here because they like me,” I tell her.

 

Kiki muttered something about them liking to look at Brian. They all need to remember that without me and Michael, there would be no Brian for them to look at. Emmett stands in my way, I look up at him.

 

“You can save whatever your problem is because when you didn’t support Michael, you lost my support,” I tell him.

 

“Okay, but you might want to find out why he’s in New York,” Emmett tells me and walks out the door.

 

“Emmett, Michael’s at his shop.” I tell him as I catch him on the sidewalk.

 

“I’m afraid not supermom. Apparently Astro Boy took off, and landed in the middle of stalking central,” He tells me, pulling his arm out of my reach.

 

“What are you talking about?” I ask him.

 

“I’m talking about Justin’s stalker. I hate to say it but Michael would be a good suspect,” He tells me.

 

“Michael would never do something like that,” I tell him.

 

“You don’t call what he did to Brian stalking? Showing up uninvited to the loft, peeping when he could if Brian was naked at the gym, telling guys to get lost if they got too close to Brian. Now calling Justin ten to twenty times a day, offering to take care of a kid that has nothing to do with him. Really Deb, open your eyes to your son’s stalker tendencies,” He tells me, and flounces off.