- Text Size +

CAMERON 

 

“This is not how I saw my night going,” Brian tells me. 

 

“You volunteered to bring me,” I tell him. 

 

“It's my club. But sitting here watching Brandon all night just reminds me why I wanted something different,” He tells me. 

 

“I think after a while this lifestyle isn't for anyone. Here he goes again,” Cameron tells me as Brandon takes another blond haired twink to the backroom.

 

“You planning on settling down?” Brian asks me.

 

“I've always been that guy. It's just that finding someone who can handle what my job entails means finding someone who is okay with being alone a lot. It takes a toll on relationships when you're gone for months at a time. And in a lot of cases, I can't tell the person where I am or what I'm doing, which leads to a lot of problems,” I tell him. 

 

“What about… shit, kill me, I'm starting to sound like Emmett,” Brian tells me. 

 

“Brian, Justin wasn’t hurt,” I tell him, because I know that's what's causing him to babble, which he wouldn’t normally do.

 

“Even with the shit that happened in my office you can't get airport security to give us the footage,” He tells me. 

 

“It's not that they don't want to help, it’s that we have to have a reason for them to do it. They couldn't see the pictures as cause for letting anyone see camera placement. Carl isn't going to use his leverage when there isn't proof of malicious intent. If the guy or girl had put something threatening in the texts, then we'd have more. It’s why Brandon works for me as the stalker,” He tells me. 

 

“He knows what he can do and what he can't?” Brian asks me. 

 

“Yep, right now he could walk up and tell us he's the one doing it, and other than telling him to stop, nothing could be done,” I tell him. 

 

“There's still the brakes,” He tells me. 

 

“Once again, not really anything that we could do,” I tell him. 

 

I look at the screen and Brandon is standing there staring up into the camera, then with the blond turned away, looks up at us licking the twink’s ear. The fucker is taunting us.  

 

JUSTIN

 

My mother called and asked if I would visit her. I’d been reluctant to see her, but I decided that avoiding her wasn’t going to solve anything. So while Brian was with Cameron, I would deal with Mom. She had dinner on the table when Blake and I got there. 

 

“So, are you a friend of Justin’s?” Mom asks Blake.

 

“I am, but I’m not really here in that capacity,” He tells her.

 

“I was hoping to talk to Justin alone,” She tells us.

 

“I thought you just wanted to have dinner together?” I ask her, not in the mood for more bullshit from her.

 

“Justin, I thought we could talk too. It’s not anything Blake can’t hear, it’s just I’m really embarrassed about the way I’ve been behaving, but honey I just want you to be happy,” She tells me.

 

“Mom if you want to be any part of my life, you need to remember that I’m an adult and won’t be told what you think is best for me. So far nothing seems to get through to you. You let me go when I was sixteen, and I grew up to be who I wanted to be. It’s just that you seem to think that I’m still that kid who left home. I’m not, and I’m about to have a child of my own. Do you want to be a grandmother, or someone my child only knows through pictures?” I ask her.

 

“I want to be part of your life and my grandchild’s life. I just feel like I’ve let you down so much that I'll never be able to make up for everything,” She tells me.

 

“If we start fresh you have a clean slate. But it comes with the understanding that this is the last chance I’ll give you. It also means that if Deb calls and says anything, you keep it to yourself,” I tell her.

 

“I doubt she’s talking to me anymore anyway. She keeps calling and trying to blame you for anything that happens to her son. I honestly never saw this side of her and Michael before,” She tells me.

 

“You wouldn’t have seen it at all, if for once you understood that when I say I'm not interested, it's not free reign to ignore me,” I tell her. 

 

“I just don’t know how to get us back to where you still want me in your life,” She tells me. 

 

“Start with not trying to tell him what you want him to do,” Blake tells her.

 

“And possibly give Brian a chance before you believe other people. He's going to be in my life, he's my child's father. If you can't accept my decisions, then at least respect them,” I tell her. 

 

“Do you think if I invite Brian to dinner he'd come, after what happened? Because I’m willing to accept and respect what you decide,” She tells me. 

 

I left her house, for once not feeling like banging my head against walls. I just hope she sticks to her decisions. I groan when I see Michael and Lindsay standing on the sidewalk, how the hell did they even know I was here?

 

“Justin, get in the car,” Blake tells me. 

 

“After I find out how Italy turned into the sidewalk in front of my mom's house,” I tell him. 

 

“I need to speak to Justin,” Lindsay announces. She really needs to get over herself.

 

“Actually my lawyer would love to speak to you, since Sammy boy threw your ass to the wolves,” I tell her. 

 

“You realize what prosecuting me would do to my son?” She asks me. 

 

“Get him away from his emotional wreck of a mother?” I ask her, shrugging. 

 

“Justin, this is Brian not thinking about how things affect other people,” Michael tells me. 

 

“Does it occur to you that I can make my own decisions? Maybe not, since you're still letting your mother make yours for you. So let me clear up any misunderstandings you or Lindsay seem to have about me. I'm the one who is planning to throw your entitled ass in jail, because it was my privacy you decided to invade. The effect it would have on Gus is minimal, since you seem to only remember him when you need someone to hold you up. Get a lawyer, because coming here just guarantees I won't hold back,” I tell her. “Now for you. You pull any more shit like yesterday and I'll make you wish you never left mommy's womb. Get it through your head that I don't see you as anything but a giant pain in my ass,” I tell Michael. 

 

I got in the car with Blake and I’m really just exhausted. Looking out the window, I notice they're still standing there.

 

“How much more do I have to say before they get it? You might want to tell Cameron that Lindsay’s still in town and not in Italy,” I tell Blake, who looks up, worried.

 

“Justin, we need to go to the police station.” He tells me as he looks at his phone.

 

“Why?” I ask him.

 

“Because Brandon is trying to arrest Brian for the drugs he’s claiming Brian sells in his club.” He tells me.

 

I dial Morgan and tell him to get me the best criminal lawyer in town and get him to the station. Blake, at first tried to tell me that I didn’t need to be there, but if the fucker thinks he’s gonna mess with my life, I’ll end him. My guys chase me into the police station and when Cameron sees me he glares that I didn’t wait for the guys.

 

“If I’m not safe in a police station then where the fuck would I be? Why are they arresting Brian?” I ask.

 

“They aren’t. Because Brandon is being handed his ass by Carl and the mayor right now,” Cameron tells me.

 

I see Brandon standing in an office with Brian, Carl, and a man who I guess is the mayor. I wanted to smile when it looked like the mayor wasn’t talking, but yelling at Brandon. 

 

“It’s a bogus charge, because the dealer admitted that Brian banned her from his club, and she got in through the back entrance. Which I know Brandon opened for her,” Cameron tells me.

 

“He could say she’s lying,” I tell him.

 

“The camera pointed at that door doesn’t lie. Brian couldn’t have a camera pointed towards the backroom, but he can have one on any exit. Which apparently Brandon didn’t notice, but then it’s not exactly something you look at in a backroom,” Cameron tells me smiling.

 

Brandon comes slamming out of the office, he looks over at Cameron and me. “It’s not over,” He tells us.

 

Brian comes out and shakes hands with the mayor and talks to Carl for a second. When he sees me he glares at Blake, but he needs to understand that I can’t sit at home when shit happens to him.

 

“I was here to meet with the lawyer who Morgan was going to send,” I tell him.

 

“Justin, I can take care of myself, but thanks,” Brian tells me, kissing my head.

 

I call Morgan and tell him to keep the lawyer in case we have any more problems. Brian and I get in the car. I really didn’t want to heap more shit on the pile but Cameron needed to know.

 

“Lindsay’s still in town,” I tell them.

 

“How do you know that?” Brian asks me.

 

“I went to see my mom, and she and Michael were waiting when I left, ...with my guards and Blake,” I add when the twin glares aim in my direction.

 

“Did they say anything to you?” Brian asks.

 

“They tried, but well, I might have gotten a little pissy and told them both off,” I tell them.

 

“You mean you decided to give them the Justin special,” Brian smiles.

 

“If you mean that I explained how I felt, then yeah. So what happened in the office with Brandon?” I ask him.

 

“Brandon was trying to explain his way out of filing false charges. I felt that maybe the mayor would like to know how his police department abuses their power. As of right now Brandon’s suspended until they can investigate, and they wanted my assurance that I wasn’t planning on suing their asses. Carl told me the mayor wants to know if I’m being pulled in for anything, so he can be there to find out why,” Brian tells me.

 

“Why would Brandon risk all this?” I ask them.

 

“I’d say that he was still being a sore loser, but if I’m busy, then I can’t be with you, which seems to be his goal,” Brian tells me.

 

“Have you figured out anything about the photo’s that showed up at Brian’s office?” I ask Cameron.

 

“It was a waiter at the restaurant, he got a note with a tip to take them and leave the camera behind. He thought it was a reporter, because he’s done it before when famous people come into the restaurant. He left the camera in the bathroom and never saw who picked it up,” He tells us.

 

“Let me guess, they won’t show you video in the restaurant either?” Brian asks.

 

“Actually they will, only problem is, Brandon, his father, and three other people went in after the waiter. I can rule out two, but Michael isn’t doing himself any favors,” Cameron tells us.