- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER SEVEN: IT'S A THIN LINE BETWEEN LOVE AND HATE Take 2

BGun1.jpgBGun1.jpgBGun1.jpgBGun1.jpgBGun1.jpgBGun1.jpgBGun1.jpgBGun1.jpgBGun1.jpgBGun1.jpg

 

BGun1.jpgThe Birth of Assassination Nation, Incorporated BGun1.jpg

 

Everyone arrived at Papaganos by five to six that evening. Deb had opted to use Melanie Marcus, one of the newer assassins, as her attorney. Brandon Parks accompanied Jennifer inside the building, as Lindsey followed. Brian, Justin and their teams were already working on their second rounds of Jim Beam. Anything else would have just been too damn tame to deal with Raven and her Wasp counterpart. Even Emmett forewent his usual fruity, umbrella in a fucking coconut drink in favor of hard liquor, straight-up without ice...

Serious occasion much? You bet your ass, people!

Upon seating themselves at the long dining room table, much like those found in conference rooms all across the land, Melanie drew the list of Debbie's desires from within her briefcase as did Brandon. The attorneys were all business, combing through every single detail with a fine-tooth comb. It wasn't just the businesses themselves that had to be combined, but millions of dollars going forward that must be divided down to the last penny between the two dames, and ultimately their sons as well. So it was quite a shock to both Brian and Justin when the first area of conflict proved to be the location of Headquarters.

 

"Jennifer, I think it would be more beneficial to both parties if the major base be housed within Kinnetik," Debbie said in as civil a tone as she could, which really could have frosted water on a frog's ass.

The tone of Debbie's voice was in no way, shape or form lost on Jennifer, who matched her tone and dropped it just past-glacial. "Sorry, dear, but that's simply not going to happen. Aside from Justin having his own business within those walls, there are several other business that we own under that roof as well. Of course, there is also office space available should Brian be interested in renting the space for Kinnetik." The emphasis on Brian's name was not lost on either occupant of the room.

Both Brian and Justin looked at each other, and immediately knew what was about to happen. Between the words and looks shot between the two women, there was bound to be blood shed at any moment unless they put a stop to it immediately. Brian took up the verbal gauntlet on behalf of Justin and himself. "Might I remind both of you that we have about two hours to iron all this out. The solution to headquarters is simple. We will look for new office space for Assassination Nation, while keeping our other endeavors to our own offices which are already established and fully staffed. The bottom line is that Justin and I have worked extremely hard at our individual offices, and building our client bases. So we are not about to just up and move either of them, at the whim of you two broads."

Jenn huffs, before speaking. "Well I've been telling Justin for years that he should close down JT Designs, and come into the hotelier business with me."

It was an old argument between them, and his patience with it was at an end. So Justin answered back immediately, "And I believe that I have told you a million times, and will tell you now for the LAST time, it is NOT going to happen, Mother. I love staying in hotels, but that doesn't mean I want to work in one, for one, or own more of them than I already do."

"Wait! You own hotels?" Brian turned to Justin, eyes wide and mouth hanging slightly open.

"Six dear, but we'll talk about all of that later," Justin said in his mock-falsetto voice.

Brian cleared his throat and smiled at Justin's antics. The little blond was a firecracker even in this, and could always find humor in any situation. He'd really missed that about Justin. "So that's settled then."

"What? What's settled?" Debbie asked. "I didn't agree to anything."

"Neither did I," Jennifer stated, adamantly.

"Oh, are you sure?" Brian asked, menacingly. "The way I see it, the solution I came up with is along the lines of what Justin and I want. He has JTD to run, and I have Kinnetik. Deb, you also have your own businesses as does Jennifer. The best and possible solution has already been offered. If I were you both, I would take it."

"Or what?" Deb asked. She had had just about enough of Brian's insolence in reference to this whole mess. Apparently, he'd forgotten that she was HIS boss; not the other way around.

"Or we walk, Deb. It's that plain and simple. Justin and I refuse to get caught up in your little She-Ra and Catra games." At that moment Justin laughed a little, thinking that Michael would have been proud that he'd rubbed off on Brian enough for the tall brunet to actually remember the classic cartoon series from the ‘80s.

Brian rolled his eyes at Justin, easily discerning where his husband's mind drifted to before continuing his own tirade. "Both of you have been leaders in the industry for as long as any of us can remember; sharing the assignments won't take that from either one of you. But if you want to power and ego trip, you can do it without Justin and me. So what will it be? You wanna keep playing this bullshit junior high school game, or do you want to take the suggestion? It makes no difference to either of us whatever-the-fuck you do choose to do, but make a decision NOW."

 

Both Jennifer and Debbie sat stunned by Brian's speech, for a few moments. This was not what either of them had planned. Looking at Brian and Justin, each of the ladies could see how united in their thoughts the two men were. They were standing, but it seemed like some part of them had to be constantly touching to relax the other. It was the same connection they had forged many years ago; a connection that the two moms had not seen in years.

The answer was plain as day in front of them, witnessing Brian and Justin as the married and deadly Taylor-Kinneys. They were an immovable unit, no longer willing to sacrifice or compromise their marriage, based on what was ideal for the business. Their union was solid; their partnership seamlessly integrated after all the years of secrets and lies.  Jenn was sure she didn't want to lose the newfound confidence and strength, which emanated from Brian and Justin. And by the look on Debbie's face, the feeling was mutual.

 

"Fine, Brian and Justin, you win," Jennifer confirmed. Then she spoke to Debbie directly, "I will email you a list of properties we can go take a look at tomorrow. Do you have any special requests about the area or the interior?"

Debbie accepted the olive branch...for now. "I think it should be a large enough building that a main lobby separates the interior, so that way you have one whole side for your businesses and same for me. Preferably twenty floors, or better would be ideal. And relatively close to Liberty Avenue."

Jennifer nodded her head as she watched both Brandon and Ben take notes. "I think I have a building in mind, but I will check the specs between tonight and the morning. With any luck we will be able to see it, buy it and get an interior designer in there asap."

"See how well they're playing together, darling?" Brian asked Justin, sardonically. They were never a couple for endearments, but every now and again throwing one in always lightened any tense moments between them. At least, ordinarily it would have...

"Yeah, and all it took was for us to threaten to walk away from the business. I'm not sure how I feel about that." Justin frowned.

Brian snorted. "Hey let's enjoy the truce while it lasts. I'm sure it won't be permanent"

Justin snickered. "You're damn right, it won't. I give it three hours."

Brian brought Justin closer to him, kissed his temple and whispered, "You're on."   

 

Tuning back into the conversation, it was decided that having one central location for headquarters was more than just a good idea; it was a great one and would spawn a new business venture between Jennifer and Debbie. Since technically they needed a cover name and Jennifer already had a successful protection and private detective agency, the new site would officially by called the Alwin Building.

 

"Depending on how many floors each of our businesses take up, it should be relatively easy to rent out the bottom and place a few new business ventures in it as well," Jennifer said.

Emmett piped up, "Well I, for one, have been looking for new office and industrial space for the event planning portion of my business. It's an ideal time to move from my current location, since there's been a surge in my business recently with high-profile clients. If the property that Jennifer is talking about happens to be the vacant glass building downtown, then I would certainly recommend putting a bid on it now. The property won't last."

"How many floors does it have?" Vic asked.

"A total of thirty. There's also a main lobby, which used to house restaurant space, a gym and a lounge. There is also an underground parking garage and a basement," Jen answered.

Vic nodded. "Emmett, perhaps you and I should talk. Our catering business is also increasing and Deb and I have been talking about searching out new space and hiring more staff. This could be fortuitous and profitable for us all."

"I think it would be ideal, since I already have a staff of fifty regular and another fifty on retainer for massive parties," Emmett was nearly bouncing in his seat at the prospect of being able to take on more of a workload. Between the catering business and his interior design business, the extra staffing would help.

"Well so far this idea is looking better and better," Debbie said. "Ted, do you think we can put in the offer now? Seeing as how that building is what divides the gayborhood from heteroville, and is still centrally located to Kinnetik and the Taylor building, this seems like a good time to do it."

"I think we should consider moving Torso into the building as well, Em. Our inventory from last month hasn't even been unpacked yet and we're running out of space. We should probably keep the smaller shop, but it wouldn't hurt to expand our target market a bit to include some hetero fashions, too. We could take up three floors and finally divide the store up the way we've been speaking of for the last four years," Daphne explained.  

"Ooh... we could also include a ‘Risque' department and an evening wear department, which would appeal to everyone including the Drag Queens. I know Mysterious Marilyn will definitely be happy. The gal has been ordering online for the past two years to get some variety into her wardrobe, and she loves to spend money."

 

Listening to Emmett chirp about dresses, Brian had finally decided he'd heard enough. He moved over to the bar to get a double shot of Beam, even as he ignored the knowing snicker from his husband behind him. There were just too many particulars to work out, and he was already on edge. Fortunately, Ted was already on the phone with the realtor, Jackie, and taking care of purchasing the building. He was glad that the moms had decided to see reason and join resources against their common enemies.

But he couldn't shake the feeling of foreboding, that their enemy was closer than they all thought. Adding to the suspicion was the continual nagging feeling that David somehow had involved the unsuspecting, incurably naive, Michael in some scheme of Sap supremacy. Brian inwardly shook himself, unable get passed the notion that things were coming to a head far sooner than they were all mentally prepared for. It had only been about two full days, since the mentioning of the contract that would literally upend all their lives; that would have put husband-against-husband, should his and Justin's plan not have worked. It was just too much to take in too soon, especially after the appointment with the marriage counselor the day before.

 

"Hey what are you thinking about?" Justin asked, resting his forehead against Brian's back. Whatever tenseness Brian was feeling, began transferring its way into him.

Brian sighed deeply as he felt Justin's arms encircle his waist from behind. "I'm just glad they're all coming to their own understandings."

"But?"

Brian chuckled. "You're still the only person to know me too well." He turned in Justin's arms, embracing him and holding him close. "This is all so much and when I think about how yesterday morning started off..."

"Brian, even before all of the ensuing drama of our jobs happened, we had decided to fight for our marriage. All of this just sparked conversations that should have happened long ago."

Brian chuckled. "Eight years ago, in fact."

Justin smiled back. "I guess. But I think I actually liked you, looking at me as an innocent."

"You didn't fuck like an innocent," Brian answered, sardonically.

"Lucky for you, I didn't. Although I had never bottomed for anyone, until you. Even my first foray into sex, didn't start out with me as a bottom. In fact, it was in a sex club when I was sixteen. By the time I was seventeen, I was a regular feature in that particular club as a Dominant. It helped that Daphne's older brother operated the club, and that I had a fake ID in case the place ever got busted. But since it was in one of the hotels I owned, that wasn't going to happen."

"I suppose that dewy fresh innocent look held much appeal."

"Hey, it hooked you, didn't it?" Justin smiled brightly.

Brian's heart fluttered in his chest. There were many days, he never thought he'd see that particular smile again... It was the one of genuine happiness aimed solely at him, and because of who he was. There was a time he lived for Justin's smile. Perhaps he could do so again.

"Yeah, it caught me, Sunshine."     

 

BGun1.jpg A Matter of PrincipleBGun1.jpg

 

David and Michael arrived at Pappaganos; the latter still unusually sore, even after soaking in a hot tub for more than an hour. Michael was moving extra slow, almost having a sense of foreboding about being in the same space as Brian and Justin. He knew David was still angry with him about not telling the older man of his past with Justin Taylor-Kinney. How the hell could he have casually thrown that particular tidbit into various conversations with David over the years? Fuck!

Michael had done his best, not to think of it himself. He never intended to let the secret out. But David had found out about it anyway, and not for the first time, Michael wondered who had spilled his deepest secret. It wasn't anyone else's business! But if Justin hadn't brought it up, which Michael was sure he hadn't, who did?

Michael pulled at the golden contraption, still fastened about his neck. He was already humiliated after trying to reason with David again, just before they left the hotel. So the chafing and irritation of his skin because of the thing, was only compounding his discomfort. But David wouldn't relent; wouldn't turn over the key no matter how much Michael pleaded and begged. Eventually the shorter brunet had gotten angry, and blurted out some statements that had pissed his husband off even further.

The next thing that Michael could remember was the breath being knocked out of him, as he was slammed into the door of what Michael had begun to think of as his prison cell. David had warned him that one more mention of the collar, would result in he and Michael not going to dinner. Instead they would be engaging in the punishment he was graciously putting off for later, to save Michael from even more humiliation. Michael then held his tongue, mentally acknowledging his need to get out of the room and around people who would in a sense protect him from David's domineering ways, while they were in public. But to add to Michael's misery, he was forbidden to close the neck of his shirt or to don a tie because David chose to affix the jewel encrusted leash around his husband's neck to signify his complete ownership.

 

"When we go in here, Michael, you are to keep your eyes lowered and your mouth shut, no matter who addresses you. I think you know the consequences if I am displeased with your performance as my perfect submissive, don't we?" David's menacing voice asked.

For his part, Michael remained silent, continuing to move forward by David's side until the older man yanked forcefully on the collar around his neck. "Ouch! Fucking hell, David!"

"I asked you a question, Michael," David stated, uncaring if he caused his subject any undue pain.

Michael couldn't help the sarcasm, which dripped from his own lips. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know I was supposed to fucking answer. This is YOUR sadistic game, David; not mine! You've already made your rules clear. So forgive me if I actually abide by them, since I really have NOTHING to say to YOU."

David chuckled. He was glad in a sense that he hadn't broken Michael's spirit yet. He had special plans to do that later, but for now Michael's outburst even in a semi-private setting could not be tolerated. "You're right, Michael. And since nothing but lies and stupidity seems to fly out of your mouth at the most inopportune times, I decided that this was the way to keep you from making a fool of yourself and me. And you know that I hate being made to look like a fool, don't you? So let's get this over with, so that we can move on to much more...pleasurable pursuits later."

Michael rolled his eyes, while muttering in a low voice, "Pleasurable for who?"

David, once again, laughed. "For me, of course. You're just the vessel I use to get off on; nothing more. Sure we're married, but we're certainly not equal partners in any regard. You would do well to remember that, husband," David concluded that last bit sarcastically, knowing that it cut Michael to the quick.

 

They entered the restaurant where David was promptly greeted by the hostess. Michael stood silently by, with a look of bored nonchalance on his face. It was a look he had learned many years ago from Brian. And although he was embarrassed beyond belief at the stares and whispers being bandied about as David led him by the leash, he did his best not to let their stares and judgements get to him. In that moment, he wished with all his heart that his husband was dead.

Entering the room, both Michael and David were shocked by the number of occupants. They had both been expecting a small family gathering, but instead the room was filled with about thirty people; some of whom were on line at the room's only bar. Kinnetik's reserved room was more like a miniature banquet hall, with two long tables running the length of the room. Most of the company was dressed in black, and David was glad that he's had the forethought to dress in a similar vein to the room's occupants. It would help him to blend in, if he needed to make a quick escape.

He looked around the room, noticing many people that he did not know. He heard Debbie before he'd seen the loud redhead, making her way through the crowd towards him with her husband and brother in tow.

 

"Michael, honey, it's nice of you and David to join us."

Michael just nodded his response, even as David responded for both of them. "Thank you for having us, Debbie. It's so good to see you again." He leaned down and kissed her cheek, his well-bred manners on full display. It wouldn't do for his mother-in-law to be completely suspicious of him, no matter what Sapperstein and Kip thought. He knew he needed to remain in Debbie's good graces, especially during this dinner in the presence of a bunch of people he didn't know.

"It's a pleasure to see you, too," Debbie lied, smoothly. "And you remember my husband, Carl, don't you? I'm still sorry that you two weren't able to make it to the wedding."

"That was a long time ago, Deb. Let it go," Carl said, jovially. He could feel the tension radiating off his wife, even as she tried to make nice with their loathsome son-in-law. "If I remember that day correctly, you had a big issue with six or seven players from Patriots. That was a brutal game they were playing, and they were in line for a return trip to the Super Bowl. If I had that kind of clientele and contract looming over me, I would have skipped the wedding too."

Debbie smacked him in the chest good-naturedly. "Oh Carl, you wouldn't have done that to me on our wedding day."

"Nah, Red. I wouldn't have missed it for the world." He kissed her blushing cheek, happy to be able to bring down the spike in her blood pressure, momentarily."C'mon guys, let's get you a drink."

It was then that Debbie noticed the gleaming piece of jewelry around her son's neck. Upon closer inspection, she glared up at him. "What the fuck are you wearing around your neck, Michael?" When he didn't answer, instead shrinking away from her and refusing to meet her eyes, she asked again. "Michael? Michael, why aren't you talking?" 

David rolled his eyes, even as he smirked at his timid husband, obeying his command from earlier. "He isn't allowed to answer you, Debbie," David said evenly, noticing all of the undue attention their little group was drawing. He'd managed to shut Michael up for the evening, but he never figured that his meddling, overbearing mother-in-law would cause the problem that he was trying to avoid. "He lost a bet, Deb. So this is his payment."

She narrowed her eyes at the tall brunet. "I don't give a fuck what kind of games you two play on your own time...but now you're on mine. Take the goddamn leash off of him! It's embarrassing and humiliating and beneath MY son. I don't give a fuck what perversions you two have in private, but in public you will act like you both have some fucking home training!"

David smirked. "But Michael doesn't want me to take it off, do you, Michael?" David asked smugly, expecting that even if Debbie continued to raise a fuss, Michael would remember the consequences for disobeying him.

 

Michael raised eyes then, shifting between his mother and his husband. He was so fucking confused, caught in between his freedom and his life with David. There was no question that David had the power to make his life a living hell, and wouldn't hesitate to do so. David was mean and vicious when pushed, and his mother was certainly pushing him. But she was right.

It was embarrassing to be at David's whims like this! This was not Michael's notion of what marriage was supposed to be like, and not for the first time did he wonder how he had landed himself in this cesspit with David Cameron. Admittedly, he blamed Brian for not wanting him, but then Brian had tried to tell him that marriage to David was not what he really wanted, either. He ignored the advice, so Brian had given up and told Michael to do whatever the fuck he wanted. And Michael had always figured that when Brian was ready to be in a relationship, he could divorce David and live out his fantasy life with his best friend, without looking back.

But then Brian turned around and married Justin, thus putting Michael's dreams of a future with Brian firmly out of the question. Michael wondered why he had stayed somewhere where he wasn't happy, and hadn't been for many years. The only answer he could give himself, was that he didn't want to face a future without Brian alone. But that reason no longer held any weight in his mind. So making the decision he knew would costs him in so many ways- more than anyone could ever imagine- Michael gave his answer.

"Take this thing off, David. I'll pay my debt later. But for now, I just want to be able to talk with my family and friends, who I haven't seen in a long time. We can continue this later."

 

David looked at him in disbelief. He couldn't have heard that pipsqueak of a man right! He had been sure that the afternoon he and Michael had spent together, had not only shown Michael what happened when David was angry, but was enough to intimidate the man into doing what he wanted at ALL times, and not just during some fucking dinner with his loud bitchy mother. NO! His ears just had to be deceiving him!

 

"You heard him, David. The collar comes OFF!" Debbie broke into his reverie, confirming what David now knew Michael had said.

 

He reached into his pants pocket, and fished out the key. While undoing the lock, he leaned forward giving Michael's ear a little kiss before whispering, "You will pay for this, Michael. In more ways than you know."

Michael looked back at David, as he felt the heavy golden object and its beautiful, but loathsome accessory, being lifted from his person. He whispered in return, "I don't doubt it, David. But for now it's off, and that's all that matters to me."

 

David narrowed his eyes imperceptibly, as he watched Michael embrace his mother. He was unaware of other eyes, inconspicuously watching every nuance of his emotions play over his face, like a slide show. Justin heard and watched the exchange from afar. Part of him was genuinely tickled that Michael had found a Dom, who was actually a sadistic bastard. In his opinion, the annoying brunet had finally reaped his comeuppance to an unimaginable degree.

But the other side of him- the Dominant- was more than a little pissed off at David Cameron. The doctor gave those within the BDSM lifestyle a bad name by embodying every misinformed, delusional, idiotic and untrue misconception about the community as a whole. In that respect, he actually felt a little sorry for Michael at having to endure his husband's advances. But he would never say that aloud to anyone; not even to Brian.

 

"What do you think that was all about?" Brian asked him. He knew Justin could pick up on conversations that were meant to be private in a crowded room. He could also read lips, a skill that Brian had learned Justin possessed not long after they began dating.

 

After Debbie's initial outburst to David, the crowd had quickly lost interests, resuming the same milling about while Justin stood still, watched and listened. Somewhere deep.... Deep .....DEEP.... way down deep inside, he was proud of Michael for standing up to David. Justin had watched as David leaned innocent-like into Michael's ear, and threatened him even as the shorter man accepted his fate. Justin relayed all of the information to Brian, right before they were accosted by the unwanted intruders directly. Just because Justin felt for Michael's plight, still didn't mean he wanted to be bothered by either of them. 

Fortunately, whatever was going to be said had to wait. They were being called to the tables for dinner. Debbie graciously gave up her position at the head of the table in order to sit closer to son. She wasn't sure what was going on between Michael and David, but she wasn't happy about the vibe they were giving off. Seeing that golden collar around her son's neck, and the leash snapped to it, incensed her.

She knew people from all walks of life, including those entrenched with the lifestyle. Some got off on humiliation, but she knew that Michael did not. It had taken everything in her, not to put a bullet between David Cameron's eyes not only as a killer, but as Michael's mother. If she didn't treat her own offspring as a dog, she would be damned if she'd let the man who was supposed to take care of Michael, treat him as such! Taking her eyes away from her son, she caught Carl's eyes as he seated himself beside her, a silent look of shared concern, and innate understanding between them.

Brian and Justin had seated themselves at Jenn's left side of the table, where they were able to keep watch on the goings on where Debbie, Carl and Vic were seated. Brian knew that whatever David was hell-bent on speaking to them about, would be said before the end of dinner...and he was not disappointed. The food had barely been served, when David spoke in a voice loud enough for the entire room to hear. He narrowly focused his eyes on Brian, as he directed his speech towards the man's own partner.

"So Justin, just how long has it been since you've fucked my husband?"

Justin, who had just taken a sip of wine, nearly choked in response to the question. He closed his eyes, as if trying to gather himself even as the clang of silverware hit multiple china plates, and the hum of gasps and whispers grew louder to his ears. When he opened his eyes, he found himself staring into the hazel orbs of his expectant and inquisitive husband. Looking deeply into Brian's eyes, Justin tried his best to gauge his reaction to the news David couldn't seem to stop himself from sharing. He felt Brian's hand squeeze his thigh underneath the table, where just moments ago it had been inching its way toward Justin's cock.

Although he could feel the redness in his cheeks from embarrassment, it was in moments like these that Justin was glad to have been raised in the heart of the WASP nest. Putting the most frosty, disgusted look on his face, he answered, "Although this is a topic unfit for mixed company, and shows just how uncouth you really are, David, I will tell you that my encounter with Michael was when I was seventeen. Isn't that right, Michael?"

 

The shorter brunet glared at the blond, but said nothing in response. He was still too stunned that David had decided to bring the subject up at a time where everyone was gathered; some family, most not. David watched the interaction between Justin and Michael; then Brian and Justin. He was so sure that the news would cause the brunet and blond to have an epic argument, resulting in Brian asking for a divorce. His plan wasn't quite working out as he'd hoped, as Brian and Justin were still joined shoulder-to-shoulder at the dining table.

"Why weren't Brian and I told?" David couldn't keep the jealousy at bay, which had found its way into his voice. The idea that Justin, at seventeen, was a natural Dominant and had later on managed to get what he wanted most, which was Brian was abhorrent to him on every level possible.

"Well that's a pretty straightforward question, David, which deserves just as candid an answer. The truth is that it wasn't your, nor Brian's business."

"What the hell do you mean that it wasn't my fucking business?! You fucked my husband!" David reiterated, raising his voice.

Justin laughed. "Yes, I did... and WELL, I might add. I enjoyed breaking him in for you. But that was the extent of it, and it happened many years before you were even a glitch on his radar. It wasn't like it happened, while you've been married. Why be jealous and pompous about it now?" The question had struck a nerve with David, and Justin secretly gloated in that fact.

 

David noticed the smug look on Justin's face, the blue eyes laughing at him. He hated the little fuck with a burning passion then, and mentally planned every part of his soon-coming death. His expression must have shown his thoughts, because the object of his desire began to speak.

 

"Listen up, David. Are you listening?" At David's imperceptible nod, Brian continued. "It doesn't matter that they fucked a lifetime ago. Whatever your problem is... well that's between you and YOUR husband. You would do well to leave mine out of it."

"And if I don't?"

Brian smirked at the arrogance of David's tone. His voice when he responded was congenial, but deadly just the same. "Then I will be happy to carve your ass into little pieces right now. Touch one fucking hair on his head and I'll fuck you up. If Justin gets so much as a hangnail, and names you as the person who gave it to him, I'll fuck you up. If Justin so much as tells me you looked at him wrong, and breathed in his direction, I'll kill you. And no, they won't even be able to identify you by fingerprints and dental records."

"Is that a threat, Brian?"

"I don't make threats, David."

"Gentlemen," Jenn interrupted. "This is still mixed company, and such talk is not appropriate at the dinner table. They fucked...big deal, since it was a million years ago. If you can't get over it, see a counselor but WE are not it. Now might I suggest that we move on to something else. David, how's your practice going?"

"My practice is fine," David answered, but was still unable- or unwilling- to let the former topic go. "I can't believe that this doesn't bother you, Brian. From all accounts, you are a possessive man. Perhaps Justin has been making you his bitch, just as he had done to Michael."

 

Brian laughed, genuinely laughed at the pathetic man trying to goad him. Sure, he was pissed off that Justin hadn't told him of his past with Michael. But in retrospect, it honestly explained the animosity between the two men, to some extent. He knew that he would get the full story from the blond later. But right now, it was time to quell David Cameron's curiosity about his and Justin's sex life.

 

"Let's get one thing straight, David. Justin and I are possessive of each other. We love, we fuck and we love to fuck. Now whether someone else is added to the mix, together or separately, doesn't matter since we still come home to the other. That's the problem with your heteronormative views on gay marriage. Sex doesn't equate love; it never has. And sadly you- with your advanced age- are just learning a lesson that, Justin was smart enough to learn at seventeen. I know for a fact that if Justin had to choose between some random trick and me, I would win every time. The same goes for me in regards to him. The problem is that you can't stand being rebuffed, in any form. You couldn't back then, and you can't now."

"Rebuffed?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, rebuffed, Sunshine. You see, I know all about the good Doctor's desire to fuck me. He actually wants more than that, but it will never happen. Because given the choice, I would choose you over and over again. David doesn't like that, so he takes it out on poor Michael."

"But Michael suffers his own milady of unrequited love where you're concerned, too," Justin didn't hesitate to point out, his eyes briefly meeting those of Michael.

"Exactly, Justin. But now it's all out in the open, so the two of them can fight it out. Because I STILL choose you, and I know that the choice is mutual. So David, whatever your point was in bringing this ancient shit up, it's finished. I have no reason to ever doubt Justin's loyalty to me, nor does he have a reason to question mine. Perhaps you need to take a good look at your own fucking marriage, and leave my husband and I out of the mess you and Michael created."

Michael, who had been silent all this time, finally spoke. "What was the real reason you asked me to marry you, David?" For some reason he just had to know, all of Brian's revelations still replaying in his mind.

David rolled his eyes, before being able to catch himself. "That's the dumbest question you've ever asked me, Michael. And yes, there have been many over the years."

Michael slouched down in his chair at his intelligence being disparaged, once again. That always hurt. But this time it was worse, because it was happening in front of Brian and the blond, who didn't want him in the first place. That fact made him feel a little more desperate to have the answer. "It's important, David. Your answer will either save our marriage or..."

"Or, Michael? Or what? Our marriage will be over? You'll have nothing."

"That's true. I'll have nothing...  for now. I think you should know that you stand to lose more than I do should we divorce, and I won't hesitate to get my due from you. Any court can see that you owe me for the years of abuse, and what I endured today definitely is abuse. And I'll make sure that you lose your medical license too, since the bruises I currently wear are fresh. Now answer the fucking question, David. Why did we get married?"

David was silent so long that no one believed that he would answer, but when he did it shocked everyone...Everyone except for Brian and Justin. "Why do you think I would marry a stupid, insipid little man like yourself, Michael? It was to make Brian suffer. I had wanted him from the very beginning; had actually made a pass at him in what was the old bathhouse. But he didn't want me, so I watched him. I saw that out of all the people he hung out with, you always seemed the closest to him. And I picked right! You were so desperate for his attention; always seeking him out; always trying to ensure your place by his side. How did that work out for you? It didn't!

"So I wined you and dined you... gave you everything that you wanted from him, including a commitment. I knew that asking you to move with me to Boston would put a strain on your relationship with him. And it did, but not the way you or I wanted it to. Instead he encouraged you to make a fresh start in Boston with me. I will give you this, Michael, you were a good husband for the most part. You were like a good little Stepford wife, and did everything I fucking told you to do. But you were not my ideal material.

"If life were a comic book, I would say that you were well-educated. But on real issues, you're totally inept! It was hard to hold a serious conversation with you, without you staring at me blankly in lights-are-on-but-nobody's-home sort of way. At first, I just thought that you found the different subject matters that we would try to talk about boring. But then you would open your mouth to spew drivel, and I realized that I'd made the biggest mistake of my life."

"Then why keep me? Why, David?" Michael asked, confused and heartbroken at what he was hearing through David's experiences with him.

"Because there was no real reason to toss you out on your ass. I'm not deliberately cruel that way. Besides, it was worth it to me to not have to go trolling out at night looking for sex, when I had my own personal sex slave ensconced in my house; someone who I could train, and who wouldn't complain, or even knew enough to ask the appropriate questions."

"That's fucking sick!" Justin exclaimed. "You should be locked up for assault, you sick fuck!"

Michael rose from his seat, openly crying now. "I'll be right back. I just need a minute." He ran from the room, while everyone else looked on.

"Are you proud of yourself, David?" Vic asked, shaking his head. "You have managed to destroy the one good thing in your life. Michael may not have loved you the way he does Brian, but he was faithful. He was still willing to stand by you, and your bratty ass kid, even while you let the little fucker mistreat him. He didn't take his wedding vows for granted."

David huffed out an exasperated breath. All this fucking drama with these people. He couldn't wait to kill them all! "He brought this on himself. Everything would have been fine, if he would have adhered to the ‘no talking' rule. Now, I'm going to collect MY husband and get out of here."

"No, you're not, David. Leave Michael alone. We'll see that he gets back to the hotel tonight, but right now I think the both of you need time to think," Debbie intervened.

David eyed her with a small smirk on his face. "Sure. In the meantime, I will pack our things. We have to be back in Boston by tomorrow night." David turned on his heel and exited the room, without saying goodbye to anyone.

 

On his way to his car, David decided that it was time to make sure that Michael's threats never came to fruition. Slipping into the bathroom, David tucked himself into the corner by the stalls, waiting for the retching sound in the bathroom to stop. He knew from experience that when Michael was extremely upset, he would vomit as if purging the bad humors of the moment from his soul. He was grateful when he finally heard the toilet flush, and the tell-tale snick of the stall lock being opened. David didn't waste any time.

He pushed Michael back into the stall, punching the already bruised man several times in his face and stomach. Michael tried his best to fight off his attacker, who had turned him around and began to dunk his head in the now filling toilet. The silent scuffle continued as each man fought- one for dominance; the other for his life. At David's strong, ruthless hands, Michael's head banged repeatedly against the ceramic on the back of the toilet, cracking the white porcelain in several places. Once David had been assured that Michael would neither fight back or scream, he grabbed hold of the long wire, hidden within his cufflink.

Stretching it long and taking note of its sharp, flat edges, he began to wrap it twice around Michael's limp neck. Using a sawing motion against the carotid artery, David continued to shift and move the wire back and forth, just enough to cause a deep gashes, yet not enough to decapitate the man that was his husband. Michael's blood began to seep slowly, but steadily from the wounds on either side of his neck. David let the body drop dispassionately, even as he whispered his apologies; blaming this entire episode on Michael's inability to keep his mouth shut, and on the threats that fell from Michael's lips while at the table. "Sorry, Mikey. I just couldn't let you take anything else away from me. But don't worry, you won't be alone for very long. Justin will be next."

 

He stood, looking down at the idiot he married once more, before turning with the intention of washing Michael's blood off his hands. But he was caught by surprise when an older gentleman had happened up in the bathroom. Fuck! A witness! "Sir, what the hell is going on here? This man needs... he---"

 

The poor unsuspecting man never got the chance to finish his statement, as David did indeed decapitate the would-be-good samaritan to keep him from running back out into the restaurant, and alerting anyone else to his presence in the restroom. He washed up and exited the building, with no one the wiser of what had gone on in the mens washroom of Pappaganos.