- Text Size +

 

(Continuation from chapter 1)

 

After Michael left him to his solitary existence, his mind went back to the beautiful blond that he had just met not long ago.

 

Could he really go after the blond and forget about his 9 years relationship with Michael? He couldn't fathom how a sane person could hurt his ex-partner like that, but Brian had given himself two years already. No one would blame him if he couldn't fall in love with Michael again, wouldn't they?

 

Instead, in just short amount of time, it was Justin who caught his heart from the first time he saw him. He couldn't explain the feeling, it's so foreign yet so familiar. It felt like he had already felt like this way before, he knew he had felt like this before--so strong and genuine.

 

Well, that must be his love for Michael then, right?

 

That realization had saddened him. It made him felt so guilty that he was once so in love with Michael, but now he couldn't find any residual feelings he had for him. What he felt for Justin, as premature as it might seem, was so intense that had rocked him to his core. If his love for Mikey was near to that intensity, Brian was sure as hell doing a colossal mistake throwing the 9 years just like that.

 

If he'd pursue Justin now, what would happen when his memory came back along with all his feelings for Michael? Would he let Justin go and take Michael back?

 

God, what had he done so bad in his life to warrant a punishment like this?

 

He opened the bag and took the banana muffin out. Justin's smile was suddenly flashing in front of him, and just like that his heart was pounding so hard in his chest. Damn, he only met Justin but he was already behaving like he was falling for him. 

 

He obviously couldn't remember the kind of feelings he had for Michael, but what he had for Justin was something that he knew only come once in a lifetime. It wasn't possible he had felt this way for the second time in his life.

 

On the other hand, the emotions with this kind of magnitude had frightened him to no end. It was too early to say that he was already in love with Justin but he couldn't deny the fact that he was on his way there. The ship had already started to sail and who knows what it would be like when he got to the other side.

 

Now, how could he let something as ferocious as he was feeling for Justin to just slip away? It could only be his chance in finding that ‘something’ in which he always said fate would be giving him.

 

‘But how about your chance with Michael?’ His conscience supplied, making him cringe.

 

God, he never needed a cigarette so badly than that time. But he finished his last one the other night and forgot to buy one.

 

He started to eat the muffin, and yes, it was exquisite. His blond had a great taste, he'd give him that. Now, if he just knew how to make Justin agree to go out with him.

 

He chuckled lightly while peeling the paper wrapping the bottom half of the muffin. Well, that was a great idea, he'd just simply ask the blond out. Damn with the consequences, he was running with his instinct here. He’d tried that more than he cared to admit, especially with his memory still missing and hadn't had any hint of ever coming back. He'd just go to where his heart lead him to, and at that moment  it was telling him to go after Justin.

 

Well, not so fast maybe, he needed to at least give Justin time to know him a little. The guy didn't even know his full name, and vice versa.

 

With renewed energy and a plan set in motion, he decided to work on his account for awhile.

 

Later in the afternoon, Emmett called to invite him to have a drink with them at Woody's. He knew it was Michael who's behind the sudden invitation. As much as he was closed to them before the accident, he still couldn't connect with not only Emmett and Ted but also to Mel and Lindsay, even after all this time.

 

With that missing connection, Brian had rarely go out with them. And he guessed, the guys, except Michael, had stopped asking him to hang out together and they all just drifted away.

 

Honestly, one thing that he found too hard to sit with his friends, especially Emmett and Ted, sometimes with Mel and Debbie too, was the way they were making jokes about him. He felt that they were always making fun of him that it was almost insulting and degrading, considering they were his friends who were calling him as one of their family.

 

He knew it wasn't easy and fair to just expect them to adopt and accept the ‘new’ Brian and he couldn't blame them either if they expected him to act like how they knew him before the accident. That was the only Brian they knew, the only Brian that they could connect with. They were used to him being an asshole and he was letting them to tell him that on his face, anytime they fancied to.

 

But that Brian didn't exist anymore. He wasn't going to let even close friends insulting him right into his face. He wouldn't tolerate anyone, not Melanie nor Debbie, to call him names whether in private or public and most especially in front of Gus.

 

He didn't understand why his thirty one year old self was letting these so called friends treating him this way. He must be some kind of masochist to live a life like this. He thought he had already escaped his miserable home, but looking at his new one, it wasn't really much different from what he had with his parents. 

 

So, he mostly just sit around in his loft on his free time. He'd rather work on his computer, or watched a classic movies on his television or take a ride on the streets of Pittsburgh than to hear them insulting him. The nights were Michael left him alone were the nights that he had enjoyed the most.

 

Because of him being distant, his friends seemed to just go on with their lives and left him to his now boring solitary way. Well, it wasn't that bad being away from them, he honestly had more peace of mind when he was confined to himself, actually. His mind was jumbled as it was and didn't need anymore stress to his already tangled brain. 

 

One of the things that infuriated him was their insinuation that Brian would fuck anything that moves. He knew he had sex with a number of people especially when he was in his senior high, but he was wise enough to know that it wouldn't work when he wanted to finish his college degree. He was lucky if he could find time to go tricking one night a week three months to his freshman year.

 

He supposed could trick more when he was already established in his career, but if he could believe his friends it seemed like he had his way to almost all the gay boys in Pittsburgh. So, he became a slut and had been known as the stud of Liberty avenue, and because of that they all just expect him to fall right into it without batting an eyelash.

 

The first time he heard about it, Brian was frozen to his seat. He couldn't imagine himself being that callous especially when he was in a long term relationship. Did they mean he was blatantly cheating on Michael when they were together? How could Michael describe him as loving and attentive partner when he was screwing around right under his nose?

 

He could still remember how he wanted to react that time, how he was so angry with himself that he would stoop so low and treat his life partner of nine years like shit. He wanted to shake and yell at Michael for letting him do that to him. How could he just sat and accepted this kind of humiliation? God, he was really an asshole.

 

But he didn't react in any way at that time. He was so ashamed that he just kept quiet and let them laugh and reminisce his incomparable ‘conquests’. While he was simmering silently, a very young man was obviously hitting on him and seductively making eyes from across the floor. 

 

Ted snorted as they were witnessing the guy trying to get Brian's attention, then he said Brian's type seemed to get more younger and younger these days. He couldn't sit with them after that and left Woody's like the devil was on his heels. What was Ted trying to tell him? The guy looked like he was less than eighteen. Did he actually had sex with minors before?

 

When he saw Michael the next day, he asked him if Ted and Emmett were telling the truth. He wanted to know if he was a lying, cheating bastard who fucked just anyone right in front of his partner. He asked Michael how he could still picture him like he was this devoted, perfect partner who couldn't do wrong, when in fact it was the total opposite? How could Michael let himself be trampled on for this long? Everything was just driving Brian insane.

 

To his horror, Michael just smiled and calmly told him that it was their mutual decision to be non-monogamous. He said, they started a monogamous relationship, but after couple of years they thought they needed some spice to keep their passion to each other. Michael assured him that they were both okay with it. Brian's tricking was only that, just tricking.

 

That thought had bothered him for a while and the whole thing had made sense when he remembered a few weeks ago when a client came onto him after he made his presentation. The thought of having sex with clients in his office, with all the employees who worked with him just outside the door was so revolting.

 

He politely turned the client down, who luckily accepted it with grace. The guy was actually hot in his mid thirties, but he couldn't disrespect a client like that, even though he was the one who propositioned him. The client had apologized then, saying he heard that Brian was giving some of the clients another brilliant private performances. 

 

It turned his stomach out thinking he was using sex as a way of getting more clients. He'd stick with what he was good at, his idea for a great campaign and not his libido.

 

He didn't think much of it after that, because he thought the client was just actually saving his face and hadn't had any basis for his assumptions.

 

Now, it all made sense after Michael told him that they were actually fucking other people. But what he couldn't understand, how come they needed to spice up their sex lives if they were great together?

 

They must be both so secure with what they had not to be threatened with numerous tricks. Because if he would analyze what the ‘dynamic duo’ had been saying, he was on his way fucking through the next state because he already did almost all the gay population in Pittsburgh.

 

He kind of loved to have sex when he was twenty, but it wasn't the center of his life, and he couldn't imagine fucking thousands of men in eleven years. That thought terrified him. He knew he could have contracted a sexually transmitted diseases if he had that much sexual partners in years. He could have given it to Michael, too. What a devil had he become?

 

Then, the thing with the lesbians weren't much better either even after two years. Brian could feel the frustration, disappointment and even aggravation Lindsay was having towards him. He didn't do anything to cater any of Lindsay's sentiments and that made her silently fuming. His reticence and detachment were more evident as the days went by. He wasn't the Peter she was always telling Brian about, the Peter who she had successfully mold to her liking and had been eating on the palm of her hand.

 

That drove her away from him and Brian was just fine with that. He was so uncomfortable around Lindsay and never let his guard down around her. He was honestly still trying to find out how they became best friends when they didn't really have anything in common. Well, he couldn't say Michael and him had something in common besides being gay, but Mikey was like the only gay boy that was out in their entire school and was severely bullied. Brian was kind of feeling protective of him being a gay boy himself.

 

Regarding Melanie, she was a little uncertain about him always asking time to visit Gus. At first, after the accident, she had no problem with it. But as months passed by and he was still constantly visiting and taking Gus to the park or zoo, she became this threatened mother lion. 

 

They had butted heads several times and honestly he couldn't blame Mel. He couldn't blame her trepidation because he was always this cold, dropped in dad for two years, then he'd suddenly become this doting father to their kid. That must have given her head an alarm. Even after two years, she still didn't trust him. It was like she was waiting for him to revert to his old ways and dropped his son like a hot potato.

 

About Debbie, she was single handedly taking care of Vic since he was battling with his disease. Brian later on find out, that he was HIV positive. That scared him so much especially after learning from Michael that they weren't monogamous. He fled to the nearest clinic and had himself tested, he encouraged Michael to do it too.

 

Thank god, the results came back negative. He was so scared that he made himself a promise to be safe and took this thing like HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases seriously. Not that he believed he was taking it lightly before, because God forbid, he would have been already positive if he wasn't so careful with the numbers of men he had bedded.

 

Vic was not in a good condition for a long time now. When he thought it was bad seeing him after his accident, now was a lot worse. Vic had been hospitalized three times in a span of twelve months due to his fluctuating T cell counts resulting from the rejection of his body to his combination of drugs. His doctors had changed the cocktail several times now but it would always have the same reaction.

 

Then he met Rodney when he was hospitalized the second time around. Like Vic, Rodney was also HIV positive but his body had a better response with his cocktail thus his T cell count was great. After Vic’s third visit to the hospital though, he and Rodney decided that they wanted to move in together and that made Debbie gone mad.

 

She was non stop ranting about it since then, and it didn't lessen even after six months of Vic moving out. Brian couldn't understand her reaction, it baffled him why she couldn't just be happy with what Vic wanted to do with the remaining days of his life. 

 

Realistically, they all knew that it was just a matter of time. Vic wasn't really doing so well. So, why would you disagree and challenge a sick man’s wishes? He wanted to be with his boyfriend, plain and simple. Who was Debbie to question it? She might be the one who helped him through his sufferings, but Debbie shouldn't think that Vic owe it to her that he lived.

 

Instead of supporting his brother and letting him have this last chance in finding his happiness with the man that he loved, she was furious with him. Debbie didn't hide how she felt about her baby brother and always made sure that he knew every chance she got. She was doing this just because he had chosen to live away from her and moved in with his boyfriend.

 

This kind of attitude from Debbie was what made him so withdrawn from her. Brian knew she had helped him a lot especially when he was still living with his parents and he could actually see that she was sincerely worried about his condition. But being so cruel to your own sick brother didn't sit well with him. 

 

The fact that they all seemed couldn't connect like they used to, Sunday dinner at Debbie turned into an awkward event that everyone seemingly so out of place. It started with him being so quiet and detached. After few more dinners, his friends had started to get used to him being reticent and their incessant chatters had come back full force.

 

He rarely participate with their gossipings and he'd rather want to play with Gus in a corner than listening to Emmett's fictional tales about his aunt Lula or how hot and hung the new stud of Liberty avenue was.

 

But the thing that drove him away from her was her sharp tongue lashing out without so much care who might be listening. 

 

She had done this quite a few times with him even Gus was around. The first time she did it, Brian reacted in a not so polite way and remained silent the rest of the dinner. When she did it the next time, he didn't eat with them on the table instead he sat with Gus on the couch and read him a children's book. When Melanie finished her meal, he gave Gus to her and left Debbie's house without any word. 

 

From then on, his attendance at the Sunday dinner had dwindled down considerably. Debbie tried to make peace the few times they had clashed due to running her mouth without thinking, but she also seemed to have a hard time adjusting to this ‘new’ Brian. She must be used in getting her way with the ‘old’ one.

 

After six months from the accident, everyone was used to Brian attending the dinner once a month, sometimes none at all. No one was questioning it anymore, except for Michael, who was still a daily visitor to his loft. 

 

With the exception of Michael and Gus, who he visited almost every other day, Brian hadn't had any contact with the gang saved for some few phone calls from Debbie to invite him for Sunday dinner.

 

So, for the past two years, he had never really adjusted to his so called family and friends. Not even one of them. He was much a loner these days, and he was fine with that.

 

So, Emmett calling him wanting to hangout, his idea or not, still surprised him. Nevertheless, he agreed to meet them at Woody's at seven. It was way too long since he went out with any of his friends.

 

When he arrived, Michael was waving at him from the corner booth with Ted and Emmett. He sat at the one available seat beside Mikey who kissed him on his mouth even before he settled down.

 

“Brian, I'm glad you came.” He said beaming up at him.

 

“Well, Emmett, invited me.” He shifted his head to look at him. “Honestly, I'm glad you called Emmett, thank you.”

 

Emmett gasped and Ted was looking at him like he just grew a second head. “Did Brian Kinney just say thank you, Emmett?”

 

“Yeah, he just did, Teddy. The end must be nearing and I still yet to find my true love.”

 

See, this was why he didn't go out with them anymore. They would make a simple thank you a huge deal, making him out as ill mannered and a grade A asshole. 

 

Well, he could be, and he probably was one. He could be a bank robber for all he knew, but the fact that he wasn't acting like that this past two years, was consciously being ignored. They wouldn't shut up about the asshole Brian that they knew and loved, though.

 

He stayed silent just like he always did when he was out with them, drinking his beer trying to think of a better ways to talk to Justin the next time he saw him. Emmett was talking non stop while Michael was trying to subtlety feel him under the table. It started on his thigh, running up to his crotch. Typical Michael.

 

He dislodged Michael's hand a couple of times, but he'd always find its way back up. He was so irate that Michael couldn't even respect his wishes, much less doing it in public places, which he knew Brian would refrain from calling him out on it.

 

The fifth time Ted was pointing out a hot guy eye fucking him, he finally stood up and told them that he had an early morning and had to go home.

 

Emmett and Ted just nodded while Michael had ran after him which he already had anticipated. He caught up with him when he was on the stairs, asking Brian about his decision.

 

Michael didn't waste any time, did he? He actually could feel him vibrating next to him as if he was expecting Brian to confess his undying love. Well, he actually had decided what he was going to do. He was going to pursue Justin and give it a chance. As the saying goes, ‘follow your heart and you'll never be lost’.

 

On the other hand, he couldn't humiliate Michael with so many people around them telling him what he had decided. He still regarded him as his best friend and Michael deserved to be treated better than putting him in shame by officially breaking up with him in public. They were together for nine years, for god sake. 

 

He knew he needed to sit him down and get him to understand he was ending things with them for good. It was actually over since couple of years ago, and they both need to close that chapter of their lives and Brian wanted them to part in a mutual friendly way. It might be hard to make Michael understand, that was why he needed to talk to him in the right time and right place. And it wasn't that night, unfortunately. 

 

He very well knew he couldn't invite his friend to his loft and tell him about his decision that late in the evening. Michael would cry for hours and it wouldn't be safe to let him go and drive home after that. He couldn't let him stay the night in his place either, it wasn't up for discussion. He knew Michael didn't respect personal boundaries, break up or not, he'd be crawling into his bed as soon as he closed his eyes.

 

The next best thing was to tell him he still hadn't decided yet, and that was what he did. Michael pouted and gave him that puppy dog eyes, moving forward then resting his hands on Brian's waist looking up from his lashes.

 

“Why do you need to think too much, babe. You and me, it's inevitable. Let me come home with you and you can make love to me tonight. It's been so long, and I missed you so much.”

 

Brian took a step backward, shaking his head. “No, Michael. I already told you, we can't. Please, just--” he sighed in defeat, “I need to go home.” Michael was expectantly looking at him with his big brown eyes. “Alone.”

 

He turned and walked away from his friend. He had already decided, and he knew it would affect his friendship with Michael in a great deal, but he needed to do it.

 

The next morning, he woke up just as the sun rises. He took a shower and donned himself in his dark brown suit. At exactly 7:30 am, he was pushing the door to the Starbucks that was twenty five minutes away from his loft. He actually passed four Starbucks on his way to this one. This place was practically on the other side of the city.

 

As he pushed the door, he automatically saw the only person that made him drive this far, who was taking an order from a customer. The line was surprisingly short considering it was a Monday morning. He walked to the end of the line and stood patiently waiting for his turn.

 

His initial plan was to skip that day from coming to the shop, instead he'd be coming the day after. But when he was lying down in his bed the other night, he knew he couldn't last that long without seeing Justin.

 

The blond delightedly smiled at him as soon as he saw Brian. “Hey, Brian, good morning.”

 

That simple greetings made him weak on his knees.

 

“Good morning, Justin. How are you?”

 

“I'm great, thanks! What can I get you today?”

 

“Oh, uh, black coffee.”

 

“Anything else?”

 

“A muffin, definitely a banana muffin.”

 

“So, you like it, too, huh?” Justin smiled widely. God, he was so beautiful.

 

“Absolutely, great recommendation. Thanks.”

 

The blond chuckled and the sound had caressed something inside of him.

 

“You're welcome, Brian. Let me get your orders.”

 

He nodded and Justin turned his back on him. Brian looked over his shoulder and saw it was only one customer after him.

 

He took a deep breath as Justin came back with a cup and brown bag. When the blond rang his bill, he took the last bit of his courage and asked, “Are you working everyday, Justin?”

 

Justin glanced up at him, Brian could tell he was surprised by the question, but his lips curled up a bit before answering. “Yeah, 7 to 1, daily, well, except for Wednesday and Saturday.”

 

“Oh, uh, great. I mean, I like coming here.”

 

“That's good, but I haven't seen you here before yesterday since I started working over a year ago.” He noticed Justin was looking at him with an unreadable expression.

 

“Well, yeah. Yesterday was my first time on this part of town. But I think I'm getting my coffees here from now on.” He smiled a bit looking down feeling a little embarrassed.

 

“I'm glad you'll be coming here from now on, Brian.”

 

That got his attention. Glancing up, he found Justin smiling widely and it made him feel at ease.

 

“You are?”

 

Justin nodded biting his lower lip. “It's 8.75.”

 

“Oh, right. Uh, wait.” He fished his wallet and took a 20 dollar bill. “Keep the change.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“You're Welcome, Justin.”

 

“Are you two finished flirting with each other? I want to have a coffee before the sunset, you know.” The girl from behind Brian said irritatingly.

 

The other barista guy standing behind Justin snorted, but he had a playful expression while looking between him and the blond.

 

“I'm sorry.” They both said at the girl at the same time, it made the guy behind Justin burst out laughing.

 

“Damn, you two are even synchronized. That's really cute.” He jokingly said. Brian smiled at him and looked at the blond again who were flushing from neck to his face.

 

“Stop it, Seth.” He then turned to Brian. “Have a nice day, Brian.”

 

Brian kept smiling and nodded, “You too, Justin. See you tomorrow?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Brian walked out of the shop with spring in his toes. He liked feeling like this, it was refreshing, so new yet so familiar. He knew he'd done the right decision of going after Justin. He'd just need to make sure the guy wasn't dating anyone, and he'd agree going out with him.

 

The thought of him and Justin dating made his face broke out into a huge smile. He not only like to date Justin, he wanted them to be together, like partners. Yeah, his life partner. God, how much he'd like them to be like that. It was so premature to think so ahead when they weren't even more than just an acquaintance. But it was also crazy to want someone like he did Justin.

 

The encounters he had with Justin, so far, had been great actually. Brian found Justin to be the kind of guy that made you feel comfortable talking with them. He had this unexplainable calming effect on him, though his chest wouldn't stop pounding, he just felt like Justin had touched something deep inside him.

 

He'd surely be at the shop everyday from now on. He wanted to know Justin better and made him feel at ease with him. Hopefully soon, they would see each other outside of it, too.

 

God, he'd do anything to be able to hold Justin’s hand. He didn't even want to know what kissing him would do to Brian.

 

The next day, he went back a little bit earlier. He was hoping the shop was empty, or at least had only a few customers like the day before. He wanted to ask Justin to sit with him for few minutes, if that was possible.

 

When he came, he was lucky enough to have only three people on the line, and they were all in their running outfits as it was only five after seven. He was awake at six and had his shower, donning in just a streetwear of faded jeans and a white T-shirt. He'd just go back home after his coffee and get dressed for work.

 

He patiently stood at the line waiting for his turn. He kind of space out thinking how he would ask Justin to sit with him even just for few minutes. But then he heard him calling his name from his side. When he looked up, he found him with a tray on his hands gesturing for him to follow as he walked to the plushy chairs on the far corner of the shop.

 

Justin put the tray down on the table and sat on one side. Brian looked back at the counter and saw the guy, Seth, he thought that was his name, winked at him playfully. He smiled and nodded his silent gratitude.

 

He sat on the other side of the table and stared at Justin who was on the process of stirring sugar in his coffee. “I hope you don't mind me ordering for you, Brian.” He said a little apprehensively.

 

He shook his head and gave the blond beauty in front of him a smile that said he appreciated the gesture.

 

“No, no. I'm glad that you did this. I was actually going to ask if we can sit together for few minutes.”

 

Justin stared at him quietly, then his face broke out into a smile after few moments. “You were?”, Justin asked with a bit of amazement in his voice. When Brian nodded his affirmation, he added, “Well, as they say, great minds think alike.”

 

There was a comfortable silence for a while as they quietly sipped and ate their breakfast.

 

“Justin, uh, I want to properly introduce myself. I'm Brian Kinney.”

 

“Justin Taylor.” Justin said, his voice had lost that energy all of a sudden.

 

“Your name suits you, you know.” He said conversationally, smiling a little, he couldn't take his eyes off of Justin, though.

 

Feeling a bit bolder, he bit his lower lip and asked the one thing that he had been thinking since the night before. “Uh, I know you are off duty tomorrow, and don't take this the wrong way or think that I'm too straight forward, but can I see you? I mean, just for lunch, if it's okay or if you are available.” The last words were being said to have its intended double meaning, and they were both aware of that. 

 

Justin was silent for few seconds, swallowing his muffin and smiled. 

 

“Sure, Brian. Let me give you my address, wait.” He stood up and took a pen and a piece of paper from the counter and wrote something on it, giving it to Brian when he sat back on the chair.

 

“You are living near the community college. Are you studying there?” He remembered the first time he saw him, it was in a coffee shop near to it.

 

“Yeah, I'm taking a few art courses there.”

 

“You're an artist.” Not a question. Something was telling him that Justin was a good one. He didn't know where that came from.

 

He nodded, “So, see you tomorrow at 12:30?”

 

He sucked on his lips and pocketed the paper. “Yeah, I'll be at your apartment at exactly 12:30. You like Italian food?”

 

“Anything, I eat anything, don't worry.” He chortled. “Uh, I need to get back to work. It's nice to eat breakfast with you, Brian.” He broke out into his beautiful smile again that made Brian's chest go pitter pat.

 

“Yeah, me too. Thank you, Justin.” He smiled back, “How much do I owe you for the food?”

 

“No, please. It's on me. I'm on an employee discount.” He chuckled again, crinkling his nose that Brian wanted to kiss so desperately.

 

“Okay, thanks again. I hope I didn't insult you by asking that.”

 

Justin shook his head and said that it didn't.

 

“I'll see you tomorrow.” 

 

Justin whispered a soft “Yeah”, then they smiled at each other for a while. But Justin needed to go back to his work and so he stood up, throwing his use cup in the waste bin, then walking to the counter again. The line was starting to pick up, and in few minutes he knew the blond would be busy.

 

He stood up after watching him for few moments, collecting his own empty cup and dunked it on the same waste bin that Justin used few minutes ago.

 

He gave the blond a last glance before stepping out of the shop. When he did, he found Justin was looking at him with something he couldn't read in his eyes. But then he waved and beamed at him so radiantly. Brian waved back at him and smiled before opening the door.

 

God, this must've been how it feels to be in heaven. He was so jubilant and couldn't get Justin out of his head. He was seriously thinking that his face would permanently twisted for smiling this much. 

 

Goodness, he felt like a kid who would be going on a date for the first time. As a matter of fact, he was really going on a date with a guy he was deeply enamored with. He couldn't believe that he had asked Justin out the next day and it was definitely a date, a lunch date but still a date and he was over the fucking moon.

 

The day flew by so fast. He was riding his high all the way through his evening and even when Michael showed up at his loft unannounced, he was too elated to be pissed off. He even ordered them a dinner from the Thai restaurant nearby and ate together that made Michael so happy.

 

What Brian had forgotten from having this good mood and spending it with Michael, was the fact that it was being misinterpreted feeding Michael's head more about resuming their once interrupted relationship. He was so certain that the tall brunet had already decided on getting back together.

 

But Brian hadn't said anything throughout the whole evening. Michael hadn't even tried any intimate moves feeling how close he was in getting Brian. He didn't want to fuck up their night by coming strongly onto him. A little more patience was what he needed to have. Brian was coming back to him but he should wait for him to broach the subject though. He could have at least play being confident and wait for Brian to make it happen. And it would happen.

 

Though, God knows how he wanted Brian to touch him, kiss him, fuck him into the mattress. But he wouldn't wait for too long now, Brian seemed to be coming into his senses. It was like he was in another zone that evening, seemed to be more relaxed and tranquil. He was glad he made Brian feel like that, they were always good together since they were fourteen. He always knew they would end up together, he'd known that since the first time he saw him.

 

And it seemed, the long wait was almost over. He would finally have the one thing that he'd always wanted. He knew they inevitably be together, it wasn't really a question, it was just a matter of time.