- Text Size +

 

Justin's place wasn't the safest one, he admitted. He remembered living in a street almost similar to this when he was in college. Being a college student was still fresh in his mind that he knew how he counted every single penny he could save for rent, books, kerosene for his truck, and clothing. Fortunately, he was lucky enough to be spared from paying his tuition fees due to his excellent academic performances.

 

Justin seemed to be one of those people who wanted to do it by himself, just like Brian was. Well, even though he wanted to have his parents’ support he couldn't very well have them. His father was so against with him going to college. He wanted Brian to take the job at the same factory that he had been working for many, many years.

 

Brian was so determined in getting out of that house. Even he was struggling to pay his rent, to buy food and things for school, he just worked longer in order to sustain himself until he graduated. 

 

Justin must be struggling like he did in college, and more if he was paying his tuition too. Community college might be cheaper than the rest of the university in Pittsburgh, but it was still big money especially for a college student.

 

For a fleeting moment, he thought about Justin's family. Maybe the time would come when they'd become closer to each other and could share some important parts of their lives. Brian would want that, he would really want that with Justin. He was also aware that if this thing between them would go like Brian had wanted them to be, he had a lot of very important things to tell Justin.

 

He just hoped he wouldn't scare the young man away. He knew it wasn't easy to deal with someone who had been missing eleven years of his life. It would be a big risk for Justin getting involved with him, any sane person would be wary enough to start having a relationship with someone like him. Someone who was in a long term non-monogamous relationship that he had yet to officially break up with. 

 

The other night was actually a perfect night for him to break it all out to Michael. It was a great evening just hanging out together, like what he had always remembered them being. He was still feeling wonderful about having lunch with Justin the next day that he guessed he had forgotten about the ‘issue’ for a while. Because for once, all throughout the evening, Michael was behaving like the Michael he knew when he was twenty.

 

He didn't know what to do if Justin couldn't accept him with his medical condition. Or if it turned out to be too risky for Justin knowing when he got his memory back, it could very well bring his feelings for Michael too. And if he was going to be with Justin, he needed to be opened with him. Justin deserved to know the risk he was taking in being with him. 

 

Now, with him sitting outside the blond’s apartment thinking of not seeing that beautiful face ever again, it hurt him more than he could possibly thought.

 

He took a deep breath before opening his truck and headed to Justin’s apartment building. It was in third floor without elevator.

 

Justin opened the door with a sweet smile on his face after a firm knock. He reached up to kiss Brian's cheek that had actually surprised the brunet.

 

“Hey, Brian. You want to come inside for a while?” Justin was looking as surprised as well.

 

He nodded silently. He honestly couldn't say anything because his cheek was still tingling with sensation. It was only a kiss to his cheek and he was already speechless. What would a kiss to his lips would do to him? God forbid if he would faint.

 

“Nice apartment.” He complimented.

 

“Thanks. It's small, but it serves its purpose. A room to sleep, kitchen to cook, living room to sit and a spare room where I can paint anytime the mood strikes me.”

 

He nodded his head in agreement. Then he remembered the box in his hands. 

 

“Oh, I forgot, this is for you.”

 

Justin was looking down at the box like it would bite him. Brian was starting to think that he had done something wrong when Justin took it from him and smiled shyly at Brian.

 

“You didn't have to give me anything, Brian.” Justin was sounding a bit emotional.

 

“I know, but I wanted to. I hope you'll like them.”

 

Justin glanced down to the box and see that it was a chocolate. He was actually surprised by the name of the chocolate more than the gift itself. He had tried this one before and knew it was locally made which impressed him a lot that Brian didn't splurge in those ridiculously expensive imported ones. He liked how unpretentious and unassuming Brian was showing with this simple gift.

 

“Thank you. This is one of the best chocolates that I have tasted.”

 

“One of my guilty pleasures, too.” Brian smiled and turned to check the place. 

 

The apartment was small, but it was clean saved for some new canvasses leaning on the wall and plastic bags full of paint cans. 

 

Then his attention was caught by the painting on the wall just above the sofa. It was an abstract one. Ordinarily, you'd just see a swirling of blue, orange, brown and red. But, the emotions it elicited from within him was overwhelming. It was stunningly beautiful yet the desolation it manifested had made his heart broken.

 

“Why do I feel like crying just looking at this painting?” He whispered.

 

Justin was silent for a while, “Maybe because I painted it with tears.” He replied, “Literally.”

 

Brian turned to look at him and saw the bubbly young man was suddenly melancholic. A flashed of despair had crossed his face. He couldn't help but walked to Justin and caught him in his arms. He didn't want to know what or who broke this young man’s heart. It ached to even contemplate that Justin was with someone else before him.

 

After a while, Justin looked up at his face shyly, “Sorry. I didn't mean to be sad when we are going on our first-- uh, is this a date, Brian?”

 

He tightened his hold on the young blond in his arms looking affectionately down at him. “Yeah, this is definitely a date. The first one of many. If you like.”

 

Justin beamed up at him, “Yeah, I like that, Brian.” Then he surprisingly reached up to plant a soft kiss on his lips.

 

It was just a soft peck, but Justin's lips was as soft as cotton and Brian wanted more, so much more that he was aching all over, but he knew he shouldn't. He didn't want Justin to think that he only wanted to bed him. Well, of course he was dying to make love to him, but he'd be patient and wait for the right time. And that day wasn't the right time.

 

“Let's go?” Brian quietly asked. 

 

When Justin nodded licking his suddenly dry lips, Brian closed his eyes and kissed his forehead.

 

They pulled away from each other, then Justin caught Brian's hand and lead him to the door.

 

When they were inside his pickup, Justin was eyeing the interior of the car. “Nice ride, Brian.”

 

“Yeah, I had one like this when I was in college. I thought it would be hot to have the newest model. The first one I had was made in the eighties.”

 

“Yeah, it's a great car. I'm surprised you're not driving a sports car.”

 

“I had a corvette once.” He simply said. 

 

Justin was looking at him expectantly, like he was waiting for him to elaborate, maybe. But he wasn't ready to tell him about the accident, he would, just not now. “But I like this one better.” He added.

 

“You seem to be out of place with that exquisite suit in my neighborhood, huh?” He chuckled lightly.

 

“Nah, that's okay. I used to live in a street similar to this when I was in college.”

 

He brought Justin to the best Italian restaurant in Pittsburgh. He had dined in before with Gardner and Mr. Leo Brown, and he found the place and food to be one of the best he ever had.

 

Justin was kind of caught off guard, whispering to him as they were walking to their table that it must be expensive dining there. He held the young man’s hand in his and told him that he just want the best for Justin.

 

As they sat and ordered, Justin was still squirming in his seat. He wanted him to feel comfortable, so Brian held his hand that was on the table and gently ran his thumb on it.

 

“Hey, Justin, relax.” He continued to softly caress his hand.

 

“Brian, I don't want you to spend too much on me. A diner would suffice, you know.”

 

“I know, but this is our first date. I want it to be memorable. Don't worry too much, okay?”

 

“But--”

 

“Okay, I guess, I need to tell you something about me. And I want to know you better, too.” He moved his chair closer to Justin and held his hand again. “To stop you from worrying about finances, I'm going to tell you where I work. I'm working at Vanguard agency as a senior advertising executive. I'm a partner now, too.”

 

“Wow, that's great, Brian. You seem to be so successful at the young age.”

 

“Thank you. I'm almost 33, so, I guess I have done my dues. I worked there for the last 11 years.”

 

Their food came at that moment, and Brian unwillingly released Justin's hand. They started to eat when he asked Justin his age.

 

“I'm 21. I'm on my third year in college. Hopefully, I'll graduate after 2 more semesters.”

 

The meal was exquisite and they stayed for more than an hour just talking about anything. It was so easy talking to Justin, he wasn't so overtly inquisitive. He'd let you talk about things that you wanted to discuss and never pried on things that was too private. It was kind of refreshing actually especially when he was always with Michael who was nosey and a man who didn't have the word boundary in his vocabularies.

 

But sadly, he needed to go back to the office again. But it made him ecstatic that Justin seemed to enjoy the lunch date they had and forgot about his worry about finances.

 

But as they were walking out of the restaurant, Justin suddenly said, “Brian, I really appreciate you dining me in this elegant place but I don't want you to think that I will expect this kind of expensive treatment from you from now on.”

 

Brian held Justin's arm and stopped him from walking. “I still don't know much about you, Justin, but I can already say that I know you're the type of guy that can't be bought by money. Please don't think anything like that if I'd bring you to places like this. I actually liked this place and I just want to share it with you.”

 

Justin nodded and said that he understood, but he still wanted Brian to know that he'd be happy with McDonald’s or a hotdog stand. Brian chuckled heartily, then kissed Justin's forehead. He could swear right then and there that he fell in love with Justin.

 

He drove him to his apartment and insisted on walking his date up to his floor. After exchanging numbers, Brian leaned down to give Justin a sweet kiss on his mouth. He didn't really know where he was getting this new boldness he possessed.

 

“See you tomorrow for breakfast?” Brian softly asked.

 

Justin bit his lower lip and Brian thought it was the sexiest thing that he'd ever seen.

 

“Yeah. Thanks for the best date ever, Brian.”

 

“Really?” When Justin nodded, he leaned back down and kissed him once again.

 

Brian lost it when Justin deepened the kiss and brought one hand to his jaw, softly running his thumb. The kiss was so light, yet it was so passionate. He mostly just gently nipped on Justin's lips, but it was the best kiss he had to date. He swear he was levitating from the floor.

 

“Wow…” Brian dazedly said after they pulled apart.

 

“Yeah…” Justin answered, which wasn't really faring that much.

 

Then they both cracked up at how cliché they were being. Brian held Justin's face again, looking him straight in the eyes thinking that he might have just found the one for him.

 

“See you.” He gave the still plump lips a peck and turned to walk.

 

“Brian…” Justin called.

 

“Hmm?” He turned to ask.

 

“Take care.”

 

Brian smiled and nodded.

 

Brian was floating the rest of the afternoon. He couldn't believe that he was a nervous wreck just the other day, but then he actually had gone on a date with Justin. God, it was so surreal. And to think the young man had actually enjoyed his company, too, was just an added bonus.

 

His great mood had continued through the evening and hadn't diminished even a bit when Michael called and talked to him for a while. Brian's voice still had that cheerful sound that had Michael's excitement skyrocketed. 

 

When Brian was in his bed ready to retire for the night, his mind went to the only person who was in his thoughts all day. And in an instant, an idea came to him. Not a second later, he was texting Justin.

 

“Hey, Justin. Still awake?”

 

His phone vibrated almost instantly.

 

“Still wide awake. What's up?”

 

“I was just going to offer you a ride to your work tomorrow morning.”

 

“You don't have to, Brian. It's too early.”

 

“I know, but I want to. It's not that early and I'm going there to have breakfast with you, remember?”

 

“Yeah, are you sure it's okay? I'm okay riding the bus. Honestly.”

 

“I'm sure. By the way, are you sure it's okay for you to take a few minutes to sit with me?”

 

“Yeah, we can go a little bit earlier than my schedule if you want. That way, I don't need to hurry up. If it's not too early for you.”

 

“Yeah, that's better I think. I don't want you to get into trouble at your work.”

 

“Thanks for being thoughtful.”

 

“You're welcome. So, is six am alright with you?”

 

“Yeah, we could at least sit and ACTUALLY talk:)”

 

“Perfect. I'll be at your place at six. See you. Good night, Justin.”

 

“Good night, Brian.”

 

***

 

Justin was on the side of the road when he got there. After exchanging a morning greetings, they were on their way to the shop. When they arrived, Brian ordered for them while Justin snatched the same table that they had the other day.

 

It was a pleasant morning especially when he started it with someone he admittedly cared a lot. He was now more at ease holding Justin's hand and he even once kissed it after laughing from the blond’s funny joke, as they sat side by side.

 

Unfortunately, Justin needed to start working when the clock hits seven o'clock. He gave Brian a soft kiss on his lips before standing up to help Seth with their customers.

 

Brian left after ten more minutes of watching Justin behind the counter, then he waved as he opened the door and walked out.

 

His day got even better when he stopped by Mel and Lindsay’s place after his work to visit Gus.

 

By the next day, while sipping their morning coffees and holding each other's hands, Brian asked Justin if he could take him to another lunch date that day after his work.

 

Justin told him that he was available until his class at 3 PM and asked in return if it was okay for Brian to spend another long lunch break with him.

 

“I'm a partner, remember?”

 

“Yeah, I forgot you're one of the bosses.” He said good naturedly.

 

“Actually, I always have lunches and dinners even breakfast meetings with clients. And being a partner means I don't have that nine to five working hours anymore. My working hour is normally ten hours per day and I'm okay with that. I never take my responsibilities so lightly and I loved working together with my team, working like the rest of them and not just giving orders.”

 

“You're a good man, Brian Kinney.” Justin said kissing him on his lips.

 

“Now, if I'm going to spend some of my lunch breaks with you, and believe me when I say it doesn't take longer than I usually did with my clients, I think it's very well compensated with the extra time I spend at the office. So, it's all good, okay? Besides, we can always have dinner date when lunch isn't possible.”

 

“Or we can just hang out at my place and I can cook for you.” Justin smiled radiantly.

 

“Or that. I really would love that, Justin. I love spending time with you.” He said after giving the young man a peck on his lips that he seemed couldn't get enough.

 

“Me too, Brian.”

 

***

 

Brian surprised Justin by bringing him to McDonald's that lunchtime. He chose the one near the community college and had sat there with Justin for over an hour. Brian hadn't expected to be so jovially eating a hamburger at lunch and didn't really mind at all because the company was exceptional.

 

Being with Justin was like freedom. He could be just himself when he was with Justin and it was actually refreshing to know that someone could like who he was and not the one who he used to be.

 

He drove the young man to the campus after their lunch and shared a sweet kiss before Justin hopped out of the truck.

 

Brian was really ecstatic and he found that he loved having this feeling, the feeling to be this carefree with someone who seemed to understand him.

 

Despite his medical condition, Brian still feel so fortunate that he met Justin. He knew he was already falling for the young man and he couldn't do anything except wishing that Justin would fall for him, too.

 

***

 

Michael came to Brian's loft that night, bringing a bucket of KFC fried chicken. To his surprise, Brian ate three pieces of chicken drumstick and a square of chocolate brownies. Michael was so delighted that Brian seemed to be so calmed and happy. He was smiling more that night than he had in the past two years. 

 

This was it, this was the beginning to their relationship again. Michael could feel it in every Brian's smile, the way he looked at him and just how he was with him. He knew the day was coming and he almost couldn't contain himself not to jump on Brian.

 

They ended the night after the movie they were watching was over. Michael desperately wanted to ask about Brian's decision but thought better of it. He quietly made his way to the door and Brian had actually told him, “Good night, Mikey. Take care on your way home.”

 

He felt his heart had soared so high that he could have actually been flying. Michael was beginning to see the appeal of this new Brian, the subdued and low key outlook, he thought they could just be perfect together.

 

Michael stayed restless the whole night. He was berating himself for not seizing the moment while he had the clear opening, but Brian's easy going attitude these past few days were just so good that he honestly had been enjoying. But he knew he should have insisted and demand right then and there that they have to talk about officially being together again. He wasn't going to let Brian disregard his proper place in his life.

 

Michael let out a sigh, he was a man on mission. He'd talk to Brian the next day and he wouldn't take no or another excuse for an answer. He’d make sure of that.

 

***

 

Brian woke up early the next day with a boost of energy from the fiery dream that he had the night before. He knew Justin wasn't working that day and he'd actually had his rare days that he could just sleep in, but for some reason he was already wide awake at quarter after five in the morning.

 

He decided to go to gym and used his energy to his advantage. He arrived just before six and he was glad that the place was almost deserted save for a couple of guys running on the treadmill.

 

He loved going to the gym. He loved how his muscles were working and livened up his entire body. This was one of his favorite stress reliever or even just to pass the time. He still got some men coming on to him at the steam room but most of them already know that it wasn't going to happen.

 

He wasn't saying he was totally celibate in the past two years. He had sex for the first time after the accident when he went to his first out of town trip to present a campaign to a toy company in Detroit. The concierge had given him the name of the most relevant gay clubs and he decided the one that called ‘Gigi’s’.

 

A few men asked him for a dance and some were even kind enough to buy him a drink. Then one young man, with dirty blond hair, approached him and asked him for a dance. Brian found the guy so hot and he couldn't ignore the heat that had grown in his groin anymore.

 

He took the guy with him to his hotel room, fucking him hard twice.

 

But as much as he got off and his sexual needs had abated, he couldn't say he was truly satisfied even though his bed partner seemed to know what he was doing in bed.

 

But looking at the guy sleeping next to him made him feel like there was something wrong with the scenario. Not that having sex was wrong, but it was about the blond guy sleeping in his bed. It almost felt like he was sleeping with a wrong guy, which didn't really make any sense.

 

He tried to think why he was feeling that way, but try as he might, nothing reasonable explanations would come to him. 

 

He went out couple more times while in New York and another one in Philadelphia, when he was there for client meetings. And all his experiences were good but nothing out of ordinary either.

 

The last one in Philadelphia was over three months ago, and the thing was, he wasn't very comfortable tricking in Liberty avenue. He supposed could have hooked up online or he could try going to another club in another part of Pittsburgh, but he just wasn't really comfortable doing it, until he met Justin.

 

But he couldn't just fall into bed with Justin. He wanted to, he was so desperate to be with him, but he also wanted to do it right. And because he wanted to do it right, he needed to be opened with him. Justin needed to know the most important part of his life, the life that had been missing.

 

When he was on his way back home, he contemplated his next move when a thought suddenly came to him. Glancing at the clock on the dashboard and seeing that it was almost eight, he stepped on the gas pedal and sped off to the part of town that he became so accustomed with.

 

Justin opened his door after an incessant rapping and found Brian with his hands full of coffees and brown bag.

 

“Breakfast?” he cheerfully said, lifting the cups and the bag a little higher in case it wasn't clear with the still sleepy young blond what he was saying.

 

“Brian, why are you awake so early? It's Saturday.” Justin yawned but opened the door wider letting Brian get inside.

 

“I went to the gym. Then, I decided to bring you goodies.” He placed the food on the coffee table and sat on the sofa comfortably. “Come and eat, I'm starving.”

 

“Wow, these are from Romeo’s. How'd you know I loved it there?” He asked taking the cup and sitting beside Brian.

 

“I saw you there once.” He admitted while biting a big chunk of croissant. God, it was heavenly.

 

“What?” Justin shockingly asked. “When was that? I haven't gone there in weeks.”

 

“Over a month ago. I'll tell you the whole story, I promise.” He said giving Justin a sweet morning kiss. A coffee kiss. “Ah, that taste good.”

 

“Better be, I haven't brushed my teeth yet.” He chortled taking a bite from Brian's croissant.

 

“Really, well, let me have a taste again. I might be wrong the first time.” He leaned to take Justin’s lips again. Then he shook his head as they pulled apart. “Nah, I was right. You taste even better the second time.”

 

They laughed as Brian fed Justin the remaining croissant on his hand.

 

They watched a movie after Justin had a shower and they ended up asleep, cuddling on the sofa after only fifteen minutes to the movie.

 

An incessant ringing woke them up and Justin nudged Brian on his ribs, murmuring, “Your phone.”

 

Brian only hummed and went back to sleep holding Justin tightly in his arms. This was so good, too good actually. He didn't want to ever wake up again.

 

They woke up around noon and Brian pushed Justin to the kitchen telling him he wanted to sample the young man’s culinary skills. Justin only had an ingredients to make a pasta and after half an hour, they were digging in while sitting on the sofa watching another film.

 

Brian had the best moment just spending time there with Justin. They were both comfortable with each other and Brian felt like he was home. There was no point in denying that he was falling in love with Justin, and boy he was falling so deep. It was all so fast but never before that Brian had been so sure in his life than at that moment.

 

As the sun was setting, they were lying on the opposite sides of the sofa and Justin was sketching him while Brian was absently playing with the blond’s toes. They were both quiet for a while but it was a comfortable silence.

 

“You are thinking so hard.” Justin’s voice was cutting his musings. He looked up and saw his sketch book was on the table. He must've finished sketching him.

 

“What?” He dumbly asked.

 

“Your forehead was creasing. You are thinking about something.” He said matter of factly.

 

“I really like you.” Was Brian's answer.

 

“Well, I kinda hope so, because I really like you too.”

 

Brian was so glad that they had established that already, at least they were clear on that page and the feelings were mutual. But he knew he should be addressing the elephant in the room.

 

He was terrified of what he was going to share with Justin. This talk would make or break them and Brian was so anxious of what he was about to do. He needed to do this, in fact, it suddenly dawned on him that he hadn't had that talk with Michael either. 

 

But they were over as far as he was concerned, they were over since he woke up from that hospital bed. When he woke up and couldn't remember the past eleven years of his life, his feelings for Michael had been erased together with it.

 

What he had with Justin was what he wanted, it was what he needed and he'd do anything to make Justin understand.

 

“Justin, I want you to know something about me. I need to tell you some important things that had happened to me.” He started saying and sitting up to look Justin in the eyes.

 

Justin followed his actions and sitting with one leg under him to face Brian better.

 

“Okay.” Was the blond's tentative answer.

 

“I had an accident over two years ago, twenty six months to be exact. And…” He paused for a second biting his lip, “... and I have an amnesia.”

 

Justin was looking at him wide eyed, but nodded his head in understanding and kept his silence.

 

“I cannot remember the past eleven years of my life prior to the accident. When I woke up, I was back to my old twenty year old self.”

 

“That must be hard, Brian.” He whispered catching the brunet's hand to his.

 

Brian nodded, “Yeah, it was. It still is. Eleven years is just too long a time to forget.” He sighed so deeply tightening his hold on Justin’ hand.

 

“I couldn't imagine.” Justin said looking at their twined hands.

 

“Yeah, me too. Just imagine the horror of waking up and finding yourself thirty one when you last remembered just being twenty.” Brian mirrored Justin's move and looked down to their twined fingers.

 

“I have a son, Justin. His name is Gus, and he just turned four last month. I almost die when they told me I have a son and that I have given all my rights to my two lesbian friends. I must have been a terrible person to do that to my own son. I don't know if I can forgive my old self for doing that.”

 

“Hey,” Justin pulled their hands to make Brian looked at him. “You can't judge yourself for what you have done especially when you don't know the real reasons behind. There is no point in castigating yourself to what has already been done. What's important now, is to let Gus know that you love him, that you will be there for him, that YOU are his father whether it is in paper or not. Don't be too hard on yourself, Brian. We all make mistakes. We just have to learn from it.”

 

There was a few moments of deafening silence, then Brian lunged at him and kissed him so passionately. He held Justin’s face on both his hands deepening the kiss as the young man opened his mouth to moan. 

 

This was the first time they kiss with this kind of intensity and Brian couldn't contain himself on how good it felt. He leaned into Justin to consciously push the younger man on his back as they continue exploring their mouths.

 

Brian laid Justin on the sofa covering his body with his. He ran his hand underneath the young man’s shirt as he ran his tongue down Justin's neck and nipped on his collarbone. Justin was scratching his back trying to take Brian's shirt off.

 

He lifted his head for a second to let Justin removed his shirt then he was back on kissing the blond’s mouth. Lowering his head again, he kiss a trail down to Justin's nipples and the blond was moaning loudly with his head thrown back to the end of the sofa.

 

It was so hot looking at his expose neck. Brian took Justin's shirt off and kissed on every surface he could on the flawless, porcelain skin.

 

“Brian…” Justin moaned. God, he looked so hot. He loved seeing that gratifying look on Justin and it drove him wild knowing he was the one giving him that pleasure.

 

“Justin…” He whispered through Justin's mouth. “I want you.”

 

Justin was breathing heavily. He took Brian's mouth and kissed him so wetly crossing his feet together behind Brian's butt. The position had their groins grinding together and both were rock hard.

 

“Do it, do it, do it.” He said over and over while still kissing Brian.

 

Brian's brain had short circuited and fumbled with both of their jeans. They both sensually grunted when their dicks aligned without any barriers. 

 

“Brian, do it.” Justin pleaded again.

 

Brian pulled away yanking his jeans from the ground and taking a pack of condom from his wallet. But he didn't have a lube.

 

“Where's your lube?” He asked breathily.

 

Justin opened his eyes and looked at him like he didn't understand what Brian had just asked.

 

“I don't have a lube, Justin. I need lube to open you up.” He said softly with their mouths just inches away.

 

Justin closed his eyes again shaking his head. “Don't need that. Just do it.”

 

“Hey,” Brian softly caressed his face, when he opened his eyes he saw Brian staring down at him. “When was the last time you have bottomed?”

 

“Why? Brian, please, I need you.” He lifted himself and kissed the brunet on the mouth.

 

“I need to be inside you, too, but I don't want to hurt you.”

 

Justin let out a sigh and murmured, “It's in my bedroom.”

 

“Let's go.” Brian pulled the younger man up to his lap and Justin happily straddled him. They were back to kissing feverishly and Brian stood up lifting Justin with him who locked his feet behind the brunet's back to secure his place.

 

Brian walked them to Justin's bedroom and put him down on his bed, finding the rhythm back easily like they were born to be in tune with each other. Well, maybe they were. Brian really hoped that they were.

 

He took the lube from the nightstand and opened up Justin's entrance carefully as he noticed how tight the young man was.

 

“How long, Justin?” He asked again, watching his soon to be lover writhing underneath him.

 

“I-- uh, I fucked a guy over two months ago. I bottomed weeks before that.”

 

It was vague. Weeks before two months ago could mean from two weeks up to twenty two weeks, even more. He hoped for Justin's sake that it really wasn't that long. But if he was being honest, he kind of wished that it was really that long. He was thinking selfishly, of course, but that was what he was feeling.

 

“Brian, I'm okay, just do it now, please.” Justin was now begging and Brian donned on the condom and lather the remaining lube on his hand to his dick.

 

“God…” Brian whispered as he slowly penetrated Justin who was holding the brunet's arms in a tight grip. Justin was breathing heavily and biting his bottom lip.

 

Brian could see that Justin was hurting a bit, it must really have been a while for him. He stopped moving when he was halfway in and let the blond adjust from his intrusion.

 

“Breathe, mo chroí. Breathe for me.” Brian whispered.

 

Justin opened his eyes and let out a deep breath. Brian lowered down his head and kissed him ardently until Justin pulled away telling him he was okay.

 

Brian moved slowly again, just pushing a bit, and when the young man moaned in pleasure he nudged a little more, then thrust all the way in. They both groaned into each other's mouths and Brian started to pull back then pushing in, in an agonizingly slow thrust.

 

When he felt Justin had already adjusted, he started to pound a little harder until Justin demanded him to ‘fuck me hard, damn it!’.

 

They both wanted it to last for a while but they couldn't just hold it any longer and both climaxed almost at the same time. Brian breathe on Justin's neck holding him so closely until he had gone soft and his dick slipped out of Justin's entrance.

 

He moved to his side holding the condom and throwing it to the trash can beside the nightstand. When he looked at Justin, his eyes were closed and he was lying there all sated and so serene. 

 

Brian felt the happiness within him just thinking he was the one who gave that pleasure to the only person who had his heart. Yeah, Justin was his chroí, definitely he was Mo chroí.

 

“You okay?” He whispered.

 

Justin smiled contentedly without opening his eyes. “Yeah, I'm just bathing the afterglow.”

 

Brian rested his head on the space between Justin's neck and shoulder and wrapped his arm on the blond's waist breathing him in.

 

“You smell so good.”

 

“I'll smell even better after we take a very needed shower.”

 

“Later. I want to hold you.”

 

Justin shifted a little to give Brian a little more space, then he put his arm in top of Brian's that was holding him on his abdomen.

 

They were silent after that. Brian was actually thinking how someone like him could fall in love so easily and he was falling so hard. He only saw Justin for the first time just a little over a month ago and they were properly introduced in exactly a week ago. But it seemed like they have known each other for so long.

 

“I saw you the first time a month ago at Romeo’s.”

 

Brian waited for Justin to react, when he didn't he continued, “I was having a dinner meeting with a client across the street and sat in my truck to smoke, then I saw you sitting outside drinking coffee and reading a book.”

 

“Hmm, I missed that place, that was the last time I went there I think.” He ran his hand on Brian's arm.

 

“I know.”

 

Justin's hand halted, “How'd you know?”

 

“I went back to see if you were going to be there again. But you didn't. Don't take this the wrong way, I know it's creepy but I'm really harmless. I just want to meet you.”

 

“Okay. I promise I won't judge you.”

 

“I kind of stalk you there for the whole two weeks.”

 

Brian glanced up and saw Justin looking down at him with something like amusement in his eyes. He breathed a sigh of relief that Justin wasn't angry or scared of him.

 

“Then I saw you at the mall, but you were kind of running with so many take out bags on you. I ran to follow but I have lost you. Then I saw you at a bus stop after few days from the mall, but I was in my truck stuck on traffic.”

 

“Don't tell me finding me at Starbucks was also coincidental?” He arched his brow.

 

“Yeah, actually it was. It really was. I have never been to that part of town but Gardner needed me to get a file from his house, which by the way near to your Starbucks. I was on my way back and I needed coffee so bad, so I stopped by the nearest coffee shop I spotted. Luckily, for me, you were there.”

 

“Wow, it was like kismet or something.” Justin said.

 

“Yeah, I guess it was written in the stars.” Brian answered.

 

They said it as a joke but they knew deep inside that it must have been true. They couldn't think of anything to believe otherwise.

 

“Justin?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Brian kissed the skin that was there not even an inch away from his mouth. “I know it's so soon. I know that we must spend more time knowing each other first before deciding anything seriously, but…” He kissed the skin again. “... I know that I like you. Like a whole lot, who knows it will be even more than that.” Brian knew it was already more than that.

 

“What are you trying to say, Brian? Are you saying you want to date me?” Justin's voice was hopeful.

 

“I want us to be official. I mean, we are dating already, right?” He felt Justin's head nodded in affirmation.

 

“So, you want us to be officially boyfriends?” Justin asked, confirming what Brian was hinting at.

 

“Yeah, if you want.” He pulled his head up to look at Justin's face kissing him lightly. “And I really want it.”

 

“Okay.” Justin had whispered but Brian heard it as loud as it was being shouted from the speakers. 

 

He smiled indulgently and caged Justin's face between his hands, kissing him passionately this time. He was now in a relationship with Justin. Who would have thought that when he couldn't even muster up a courage to enter the door of Starbucks just a week ago?

 

He chuckled a little as he pulled away from the kiss.

 

“What?” Justin asked.

 

“I just can't believe that we have gone this far in just a matter of one week. You don't have an idea how nervous wreck I was that first time I approached you.”

 

“Well, you are obviously not shy anymore. And you are obviously not shy in bed either.”

 

“So, you don't think that we are moving too fast? That it's kind of premature to be in a relationship so soon?”

 

“It's kinda moving a little bit fast to be honest, but sometimes I think, there are things that we just can't explain. I believe that sometimes it's not about how long we should know about each other, but it's about how strong and intense the feelings are.”

 

“You are wiser beyond your age. Are you really just twenty one?” He kidded the young man. “I'm glad that we are on the same page though.”

 

“Life will give you that, wisdom I mean.” He mysteriously said. The air had shifted a little as Justin eyes looked away from him. He suddenly became a bit melancholic.

 

A thought had suddenly crossed Brian's mind. Could Justin be with someone before him who had really broken his heart? Quite possibly. But how long ago was that? He wondered if Justin was really in love with the guy?

 

Whatever it was, how long ago it might be, the fact that Justin was with him now was the only thing that mattered to him. He didn't know much about Justin yet, but he knew he could trust him not to play with someone else's emotions.

 

“Justin, I want us to work. I will do my best to make you happy and I'll make sure you won't regret agreeing to be my boyfriend.”

 

Justin touched the back of his head and caressed it lightly, then kissing Brian's lips.

 

“We'll try to make it work. Don't stress yourself too much about it though, we'll just take one day at a time.” Justin told him.

 

Brian agreed and placed his head on Justin's shoulder again. This time they both doze off, arms wrapped around each other.

 

When Brian woke up, he was a bit disoriented. When he saw Justin sitting on the edge of the bed smiling down at him, Brian couldn't help smiling back.

 

“Morning” he croaked, hiding his face on the pillow to stifle a yawn.

 

“Morning to you, too.”

 

“What time is it?”

 

“Five thirty.”

 

Brian looked at him in disbelief. “What? We slept that long?”

 

Justin nodded.

 

“Let shower, then?” The young man nodded again beaming at Brian excitedly.

 

They showered and had a mutual handjob before Justin dressed for work. Brian, unfortunately, had to use the one he had on the day before.

 

They arrived at the shop fifteen minutes after six and Seth was already behind the counter. Justin pushed Brian to the direction of the table when he tried to order for them.

 

“I got this, Brian.”

 

Brian didn't want Justin spending his money on him, but he very well know he couldn't tell Justin that. He needed to find how to broach the subject without making it sound like he was belittling his boyfriend.

 

Justin ordered them coffees and a mixed of cheese, multigrain and plain bagel. Brian was telling him while they ate that he was going to see Gus, but not before he changed his clothes. They had a good laugh all throughout their breakfast and both were looking cozy together.

 

They agreed to meet after Justin's work and Justin said he wanted to cook for them again.

 

They parted just as the crowd was beginning to pick up and Brian gave him a peck on his lips.

 

Brian felt like walking on the moon as he was taking the stairs to his loft. For the first time since that fateful day, he found himself being hopeful about his future and he was excited to spend it with Justin by his side.

 

He was absently humming the sound that he was listening to in his truck as he opened his loft door. Tossing his keys to the counter and walked the way to the kitchen while shrugging off his jacket.

 

He continued to hum as he opened the door to his fridge and took a bottle of Evian.

 

“Where the fuck have you been?!” Michael’s shrilling voice had him jump out of his skin.

 

He turned to face his friend in aggravation who was also shooting him a furious daggers.

 

“What the hell, Michael? It's not even eight o'clock. What the fuck are you doing here this early?”

 

Brian forcefully placed the bottled water on the counter and walked towards the living room. He stopped when he was a few feet away from the back of the sofa where Michael was standing on the opposite side.

 

“I asked you a question, Brian. I was here since yesterday but you didn't come home the whole day and night! Where the fuck have you been?!” Michael was so irate that even Brian got worried he might bust a vein.

 

But then he continued, “Have you been tricking? Did you sleep at your trick’s house? How can you do this to me, Brian?”

 

“You don't have the right to ask my whereabouts. We are over, Michael. We were over when I told you I can't be with you.”

 

“The hell we are! We are not over! I will not let you do this to me. How about us, our relationship? Nine years, Brian! Are you just going to throw that away?” Michael's voice was quivering. 

 

Brian knew he was going to hurt his friend, but this was one thing that he must do. He shouldn't have waited this long, he should've told Michael the truth two years ago when he knew he couldn't love him again like he used to.

 

“Michael, I have tried. Why do you think I asked for time? Because I wanted to make sure. I don't want to take this matter so lightly, but I also know I shouldn't have waited this long to tell you. You are my friend, I don't want to hurt you anymore than I already have. Please understand that we are over. I can't, Michael. I can't be with you again.”

 

There, he already said it. He just wished Michael would accept his decision.

 

“No…” He murmured, the rage in his eyes were back as he shook his head over and over. “You are not doing this. I won't let you do this, Brian. We are supposed to be together, grow old together. No!”

 

“Michael…”

 

“I said, no!”

 

Brian was lost for words. Michael was being difficult and as usually stubborn. He didn't know what else to do to make him understand and accept that whatever relationship they had before was buried together with his missing eleven years of life.


Chapter End Notes:

Mo chroí = My heart