- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I am ready to take my punishment for making you dear readers wait so long for this update (spanking preferred but I'll accept whatever you see fit lol) with that being said, I hope you enjoy this latest chapter :)


If you looked in my life, and see what I’ve seen

Oh, you will see that I’m so blue

Down and out, crying everyday

Don’t know what to do or to say

If you looked in my life, and see what I’ve seen

If you looked into my life

If you looked in my life, and see what I’ve seen


                    ~My Life by Mary J. Blige




Detective Horvath and A.D.A Kinney spoke briefly with Molly and got her version of the evening’s events while Jennifer, Sarah, and Justin waited in an empty staff lounge. They sat and quietly sipped the swill coffee that had been left for them as a courtesy, and while the two women had managed to remain calm, Justin found himself getting a bit anxious.


“What the hell could be taking them so long?” Justin groused as he stood up and paced back and forth across the small room. “I swear if they’ve upset Molly any more than she already is….”  Justin’s voice trailed off and Jennifer could hear all the pain and worry behind his words, and she wanted nothing more than to be able to tell him that Molly would get through this ordeal unscarred.  She walked over to Justin and reached out to put a reassuring hand on his shoulder in an effort to ease some of the tension, but Justin wasn’t having any of it and shied away from the contact.


“Please try to relax Justin.” Jennifer sighed “I don’t like this any more than you do sweetheart, but we have to let them do their job.”


Sarah offered Justin a smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes and added “They’re just trying to help find whoever is responsible for doing this to her.”


Justin knew they were right, but still he couldn’t help feeling out of sorts about not being able to see Molly or take her home. He was just getting really fucking sick and tired of having to hear from random strangers that his sister was alright, he needed to see it for himself before he would truly believe it.  Patience was the name of the game here though, and it wouldn’t benefit Molly in the least if he was a total emotional wreck when he was finally allowed to see her.


A few moments later, the two authoritarians returned with the good news that Molly was finally ready to be discharged from the hospital.  They further went on to explain the Molly had indeed divulged the names of her vicious assailants. Jennifer closed her eyes and clutched her chest in relief and softly whispered “Thank you God,” although both Justin and Sarah were momentarily stunned by the revelation. Up to this point they could only hope that Molly would be strong enough to try to face her demons.


“So what happens now that you know who these monsters are?” Sarah asked


“Each suspect will be issued an arrest warrant as well as warrants to search their personal property for evidence.” Detective Horvath stated.  “We will also want to question each of you individually….at your convenience of course.”


All parties were in agreement seeing as they had nothing to hide, and if  it would help to put the bastards who hurt Molly away they would walk through fire if need be.


“In the meantime, I can begin preparing her case with the information I’ve obtained thus far.” Brian said. “I will warn you though that I don’t like surprises, so it’s imperative that you be as forthcoming as possible.”


Justin didn’t like the accusatory tone in the brash counselor’s voice.  Never mind that the brunet happened to be the most beautiful man he ever saw. No, he wouldn’t give a second thought to the fact that he had the body of an Adonis with the most soulful, haunting hazel eyes he’d ever seen. Fuck that, just who the hell did this prick think he was anyway? He took a tentative step toward the mouthy attorney and fixed him with a menacing glare.


“And what the fuck is that supposed to mean?” Justin asked incredulously.


Brian raised an eyebrow deliberately studying the fiery young blond. And he had to admit that although the little twink wasn’t his usual type, he was very well packaged indeed.


Brian couldn’t help being fixated on the full luscious lips and delicious bubble butt adorning the towheaded tiger. His cock began to awaken just thinking about Justin’s lithe frame spread out for his pleasure. He could clearly see himself possessing and claiming the young blond over and over again. Alas, he would have to curb his libido; at least until after Molly’s case went to trial that is.


He stepped further into Justin’s personal space; until they were practically nose to nose and curled his lips under before responding. “It means don’t bullshit me and I’ll see to it that your darling sister wins her case,” he stated matter-of-factly. Brian continued to hold Justin’s gaze in an unspoken understanding that he was not to be intimidated.


The make-shift interrogation room suddenly became eerily quiet as the two men engaged themselves in a silent battle of wills. Not knowing what would happen next, Jennifer and Sarah looked to each other a little apprehensively; while Carl decided it was time to diffuse the situation before things really turned sour.


“Alright, let’s all settle down here. I’m sure Mr. Kinney didn’t mean any offence by his statement….isn’t that right Mr. Kinney?” Carl said in a tone that brooked no argument.


“Right….Detective,” Brian replied, his voice dripping with more than a hint of sarcasm.


After a few more moments of silence, Jennifer lightly rubbed Justin’s back telling him that it was time to retrieve Molly and go home.


The trio said their goodbyes and made their to Molly’s room. Once the young girl’s family was out of earshot, Carl turned to Brian and practically shouted,


“You want to tell me what the fuck that was all about Kinney?” Brian looked to Carl full of indignation and said “You want to tell me what the fuck you’re talking about Horvath?” Carl however, was not in any mood to involve himself in a pissing contest with the self-righteous A.DA.


“You know damn well what I’m talking about! Don’t fuck this up by trying to stick your dick where it doesn’t belong.”


Thinking that the middle-aged detective knew him too well, Brian tried to deny his attraction to young Mr. Taylor.


“That’s the last thing you need to worry about Carl, and why do you care where I stick my dick anyway?” Brian retorted just before leaving Carl standing in the middle of the room with his mouth open.


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


Jennifer hugged Molly gingerly after seeing her for the first time since her incident.


“Oh honey, I’m so glad you’re okay.” She said as she looked at her daughter though tear filled eyes.


Justin was unable to keep his emotions at bay upon seeing how bruised and worn out his sister seemed to be.


“I’m so sorry this happened to you Molly. I wish I could have been there to protect you.”


Molly pulled Justin into a hug and whispered to him “It’s not your fault. There wasn’t anything you could have done so don’t beat yourself up about it…okay” She then looked to Sarah who seemed to revert back into shock, and thanked her for staying with her family and getting her the help she needed.


“Anytime kiddo…anytime,” she replied rather shakily. Following the short conversation, the nurse came to give Molly her discharge papers along with a prescription for medication to manage her pain. Jennifer gratefully accepted the documents, signed for Molly’s release and guided her out of Alleghany General after Justin promised to come around to check on her the following day.


They dropped Sarah off at home and thanked her again for all she had done for Molly before finally heading toward their destination.  Molly was in no mood for her mother to fawn and fuss over her, so when they arrived home she immediately went up to her bedroom and locked herself inside.


Jennifer wanted to protest, but given the circumstances she thought it best to let Molly have a little time to herself. She let a couple of hours pass by before she went to knock on her daughter’s door to see if she needed anything.


“Are you sure I can’t get you something to eat honey? I’m sure you must be hungry?” Jennifer asked as she stood in front of the closed door.


“No mom, I’m fine really,” came the raspy reply.


“Alright dear,” Jennifer said sounding defeated. “I’m right downstairs if you need me.” And with that she turned and walked away.


Later that evening, Molly lied in bed trying not to think too much about how much her life had changed in the last twenty-four hours. It was all so bittersweet to see all that she had accomplished being overshadowed by what a few ignorant idiots tried to take away from her.  She cried until the tears just wouldn’t come anymore and had decided to try to get some sleep. Unfortunately for her, sleep would not come easy as every time she closed her eyes she could see their faces, the voices of her tormentors echoing in her head over and over driving her mad with frustration.


Molly instead turned on her radio letting the music keep her company. Mary J Blige’s My Life began to play and as she listened to the lyrics, she couldn’t help thinking the song described how she was feeling perfectly.


Life can be only what you make it


When you’re feeling down


You should never fake it


Say what’s on your mind


And you’ll find in time


That all the negative energy


It will all cease


And you’ll be at peace with yourself


You won’t really need no one else


Except for the man up above


Because he will give you love


The song was all about a troubled young woman who seemed on the verge of giving up on all she believed in. She felt she had no self-worth, that her life had no meaning and was incapable of being loved. She felt dirty, damaged and hopeless, a broken spirit that was unable to be put back together. How she had to learn to trust herself to heal and let every negative entity around her dissipate without looking back.


Molly felt every word like a tug on her heart. It was like this soulful woman somehow found her way inside Molly’s very being; and put her feelings out there for the whole world to hear. Molly envied this troubled souls courage, because she knew it was the one thing she may never have again.


Chapter End Notes:

TBC


A big thank you to those who continue to support me through your kind words and much appreciated guidance. I can't stress enough how much it means to me.