- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A bit of inner Justin dialouge! Pretty short, but longer chapter coming this weekend! 

Justin stood on the corner, waiting for his taxi. His cheeks were red and sore, a side effect of being around Debbie for any period of time. He leaned against his suitcase and observed Liberty Avenue, taking it all in as if for the first time. He remembers the first man he ever spoke to on this street, and the horror he felt when he tried to take him home. Is this what men are like down here? He had thought, walking briskly away, but trying not to seem rude. He was horrified, and was just about to turn around and go safely to Daphne's, back to the normal, closeted, hereto lifestyle he was used to. He leaned against the lamppost, and tried to collect his thoughts.
That's when he saw him.
Justin closes his eyes and sighs, remembering the very first time he ever laid eyes on Brian Kinney. Despite his best efforts, a tear slides down his cheek as he thinks about the best five years of his life. Oh, how he wants to see him again. Will things go back to the way they were? He hoped so, prayed so, but… what if they grew too far apart? What if he's found another innocent Twink to take home and devirginize? Justin shuttered at the thought.
No. No! He thinks to himself. He wouldn't do that. He couldn't. We belong together. Justin shakes his head and wipes his cheek with his sleeve. He takes a deep, slow breath, and tries to clear his head.
Where the hell is that cab? He knows that every second he spends on the street he gets that much closer to being found by one of the guys. Emmett, at least, still went clubbing just as often as before, and he typically dragged at least one of the guys with him. Justin wouldn't be surprised if Brian was across the street in Woody's right now, as well.
Frustrated and bored, he pulls a pack of cigarettes out of his jacket pocket and lights one. Taking a long drag, he turns to look down towards Babylon. He can't see it from here, but he knows that Brian rebuilt it not long after he left. Through everything- the bombing, the discrimination, the bashings- the queers still needed a place to dance, and they weren't about to be scared away by something like almost being blown up. In fact, he hears it's been doing better than ever before. Go figure.
He scans the crowd, looking for a familiar face. Not too familiar, but maybe someone he could talk to while waiting. A sharp gasp from behind him makes him jump, and before he can turn around, he knows who it is.
Shit. Shitshitshit. Of course. Justin sighs and turns around. I suppose if it had to be any of them, he would be the one to see first.
Hey, Emmett! What's up?”

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading!! Stay queer! Xoxo

To be continued.
Rae_Qaf is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Queer as Folk: Season Six also liked 768 other stories.