- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

“Tell me again Theodore. Exactly why did you agree to close my club on one of the busiest nights?” Brian raised his eyebrow and glared at Ted.

Ted fidgeted. “Well it’s not exactly closed. Actually, it’s almost packed to capacity.”

Brian tilted his head to the side never wavering in his determination to maintain eye contact with his accountant. “I’m waiting, Theodore.”

“Jake made some calls. He figured if we were going to throw you guys an anniversary party, then you deserved something big. He also knew you wouldn’t feel comfortable around a bunch of people who didn’t understand the lifestyle.” Ted dropped his head momentarily breaking eye contact.

“Meaning that I wouldn’t feel comfortable being around people as a sub?”

Ted licked his lips and nodded nervously. “He said that you’ve been through enough with your ‘so-called’ family and you deserved to have a night where you didn’t have to pretend.”

“Is that so? Of course you believed the ‘all-knowing’ Jake.”

“Brian I know you don’t like the guy, and I even understand why, but he’s really not that bad. I mean Blake and I have been hanging out with Miguel and Jake for a while now. He’s actually a standup guy.” Ted met Brian’s eyes.

Brian smiled. “I know that, Ted. I admit we had some issues in the beginning, and I still think he’s a pompous overbearing asshole…no wait…that’s what he thinks of me.”

Ted’s eye grew very large. “So, you aren’t really mad at us?”

Brian put his hand on Ted’s shoulder. “You’re one of the few people in my life that I don’t mind sharing things with. I’ll never repeat this and if you do, I’ll swear you’re lying, but I respect you and what you’ve gone through. I trust you not to judge me out of hand and so far I’ve been right in that assessment. I still love to give you a hard time though.”

Ted laughed, still a bit nervous. “I won’t tell a soul. Besides, who’d believe me anyway, right?”

Brian laughed and gave Ted’s back a hearty slap. “Let’s get this show on the road, Theodore. I can’t wait to see what you guys have done with my club.”

Ted grinned. “We filled it with leather.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Brian looked at Ted as he and Justin were pushed through the crowd of leather-clad bodies until they were standing directly in front of the stage. “What the fuck, Theodore?”

Ted gestured for them to look toward the stage and they both saw Cole dressed in leather standing next to Todd. Brian laughed. “Boy it didn’t take Todd long to latch on to the new meat, did it?”

Justin gave Brian a nudge in the ribs with his elbow. “Be nice, cookie. I’m sure you have things you don’t want spread around about you, too. Leave Todd alone.”

As soon as they reached the other couple, Brian grinned and said, “Hey, Todd, how’s it going?”

Todd’s eye grew large and he swallowed a few times. “Fine.”

Brian nodded and looked at Cole. “Nice to see you could make it, counselor.”

“I wasn’t about to miss the biggest leather party in the state. I see you know my partner.” Cole put his arm around Todd’s shoulder.

Brian looked at Justin and mouthed, “What the fuck?”

Justin squinted his eyes and gave Brian a stern look before turning his attention to Cole. “Actually we don’t really know Todd at all. We’ve just seen him around.”

Todd leaned into Cole’s side blushing and trying not to make eye contact. “I told you that I had a reputation around here.”

Brian leaned in and stated in a clear voice. “Don’t we all?”

Todd smiled up at Brian gratefully. “Yes, I guess we do.”

Ted pointed to the stage and said, “It’s about to start.”

As if on cue, the lights stopped flashing and the loud thumpa thumpa music silenced as Emmett walked out on the stage. He held his hands up to quiet the crowd. “As you all know, we’re celebrating the anniversary of Master Web collaring his boy cookie.” The crowd erupted with loud whistles and shouts. Emmett waved his hands again and struck a pose. “We were trying to decide what to give as a gift, but what do you buy for two men that have everything and have fucked everyone?” Laughter followed that statement and he fanned himself dramatically. He waited for the crowd to quiet again. “So, a few of their closest friends decided to do something a little outrageous. Without further ado, please welcome…The Boys of Leather.”

The stage became illuminated as Chris walked out, wearing black leather pants, a sapphire blue, silk muscle shirt, and combat boots. He went straight to the keyboard and started playing a soft tune. Jake walked out dressed identical to Chris, holding an electric guitar. He took his place on stage and started playing along.

Justin covered his mouth to hide his shock before looking at Brian. “Holy fuck!”

Brian’s eyes were a bit wide and he nodded. “I had no idea they could play…wait, they can’t.”

Justin laughed and smacked Brian’s shoulder playfully. “They’re actually pretty good.”

Next, Alex walked on stage. He was wearing the same black leather pants and combat boots, but he wasn’t wearing a shirt. His chest looked like it had been rubbed down with baby oil and covered in glitter. Around his head was a sapphire blue bandana, and he was wearing his collar. As he made his way to the center of the stage, he twirled his drumsticks for a moment, took a deep bow and moved to the drums taking his seat and started playing along.

Blake walked out carrying a bass guitar, dressed like Chris and Jake, and took his place, blending in with the rest of the gang. Finally, Miguel walked onto the stage dressed identical to Alex. He stopped in front of the microphone located out front. “Let me introduce you to the band.” He took the mic, walked over, and placed a hand on Chris’ shoulder. “On the keyboard, we have Edge.” Chris played a run and nodded to the crowd. Miguel walked over and kissed Jake playing up to the cheering crowd. “On lead guitar, we have Stark.” Jake played a wavering high note and nodded. Miguel pointed to Alex. “On drums, we have halfling.” Alex played a little drum roll and winked at the crowd. Miguel walked up behind Blake reaching around and running his hands over Blake’s chest. “On bass, we have Blake.” Just as all the others, Blake played a little solo and nodded.

Miguel gripped the microphone. “And I’m mouse, and for tonight, we are The Boys of Leather.”

Brian was trying to keep his jaw from dropping as he watched the action on the stage and listened to the crowd cheering. He had to admit they all looked hot, but he couldn’t pass up this opportunity. “Miguel is going to sing. Holy shit! Miguel is going to sing! They’ll close the club. I could lose everything.”

Justin punched Brian’s arm. “Be quiet.”

The music changed becoming a quick thumping beat as all of the men on stage started singing “Ooooh” allowing their voices to blend and waver for four stanzas until Miguel started singing: “Strain this chaos turn it into light, I've gotta see you one last night, Before the lions take their share, Leave us in pieces, scattered everywhere.” Miguel looked like a predator stalking across the stage. He turned his body swayed with the music and shook his ass at appropriate points, completely mesmerizing the audience. The rest of the boys joined in to sing: “Just give me a chance to hold on, Just give me something to hold on to, It's so clear now that you are all that I have, I have no fear cause you are all that I have.”

Miguel pointed down to Brian and Justin and continued. “You're cinematic razor sharp.” He placed a hand over his heart and sang, “A welcome arrow through the heart.” He walked up to Jake and sang directly to his lover. “Under your skin feels like home, Electric shocks on aching bones.” The crowd went wild at Miguel’s antics as once again everyone on stage sang together. “Give me a chance to hold on, Just give me something to hold onto, It's so clear now that you are all that I have, I have no fear cause you are all that I have.”

The heavy music died leaving only Jake playing his guitar softly as Miguel continued. He molded his body to Jake’s side thrusting his hips against his Master’s leg before leaning in and licking that strong neck. “There is a darkness deep in you, A frightening magic I cling to.” The crowd screamed its approval as the music changed back to the hard beat and all the guys sang together. “Give me a chance to hold on, Just give me something hold on to, It's so clear now that you are all that I have, I have no fear now you are all that I have.” The song ended as it had begun with the guys singing “Oooh” until that final drum beat and the stage went dark.

The crowd went nuts clapping and cheering. Brian looked at Justin with a slightly stunned expression on his face. “They didn’t totally suck.”

Justin was smiling brightly and clapping loudly. “They were fucking awesome.”

Brian shrugged. “As much money as they have combined, why couldn’t they just have bought me a new wardrobe? The new Armani line is out.”

“Brian! They must have worked very hard to do this.” Justin’s face showed his shock.

Brian laughed. “I know, but I’m still gonna give ‘em all hell.”

Cole laughed. “You must be hell to have as an enemy, Kinney.”

“Actually, I am, but what makes you say that, Raines?”

Cole winked at Justin. “Well if you treat your friends like this, I can only imagine the horror you release on your enemies.”

Justin laughed and nodded. “You can say that again.”

Ted tapped Brian on the shoulder. “We need to get to the VIP room. That’s where everyone will be waiting.”

Brian nodded and turned to Cole. “Why don’t you two join us in the VIP room?”

“We’d love to, wouldn’t we, Todd?”

Todd smiled up at Cole and nodded. “Yes, I do believe we would.”

The group made their way through the crowd and headed up to the VIP room near Brian’s private office. As soon as they walked in, everyone screamed, “SURPRISE!!!!”

Brian nodded his head and covered his ears. “Fuck! Are you morons trying to make me deaf?”

Alex walked up and gave Brian a quick hug. “Suck it up, big guy. We all know you’re getting on in years, but you aren’t at the geriatric stage just yet.”

“Fuck you, too. I’m sure Chris just loves to hear that you think I’m almost a geriatric. If that’s true what does that make him?” Brian tried to keep the smile off his face.

Chris walked up behind Alex placing his hands on his boy’s shoulders before addressing Brian’s question. “It makes him the hottest man here tonight, that’s what.”

Brian laughed and shook Chris’ hand. “I’ll give you, one of the hottest. After all, everyone knows I’m the hottest man in Babylon.”

Jake walked up and clapped Brian on the shoulder. “Yeah, must be nice to have the power to kick out anyone who looks better than you do in order to maintain your status quo.”

The little crowd that had gathered around Brian and Justin laughed.

Brian grinned at Jake. “Well old man, I see you were able to crawl your aging ass out of the bed to grace us with your disgustingly obnoxious self.”

Justin shook his head, leaned in and gave Jake a warm hug. “Don’t you two start your shenanigans tonight. As amusing as it is to watch you try to take a bite out of one another, I don’t want to deal with it.”

Miguel walked up and gave Justin a hug and kiss. “You won’t have to deal, Sunshine. I made Jake promise to be a good boy tonight.”

Jake gave a little growl in the back of his throat and narrowed his eyes on his boy. “You will pay for that, mouse.”

Miguel smiled brightly. “I look forward to it, Master.”

Brian looked around giving a wave to everyone else in attendance before announcing, “Let’s get this party started people!”