- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

Emmett rushed around making sure the food was perfect. “Drewsie can you hand me that platter?”

Drew Boyd, Emmett’s partner and quarterback for the Pittsburgh Ironmen, passed the platter. “Would you relax. Everything looks great and I’m sure Brian and Justin won’t mind if a platter is slightly out of place.”

“That’s not the point. I’ll know. I just want everything to be perfect.”

Drew wrapped his arms around Emmett. “It is perfect.”

Brian and Justin slowly made their way into the center of the large room. All the furniture had been arranged to give plenty of room for everyone to sit and talk. Michael walked up to Brian and gave him a hug. “I’m really happy for you, Brian.”

“Thanks, Mikey. I’m glad you could make it.” Brian kissed his friend on the lips.

“Well I was hoping we’d have a chance to talk tonight. It’s been awhile.” Michael shifted his eyes to his feet.

Brian slapped his friend on the shoulder. “Sure thing, Mikey. I’ll talk to you before we leave.”

“Thanks, Brian.” Michael turned and walked over to the buffet table.

Miguel grabbed Brian’s wrist and pulled him over to the large sofa and pushed him down. He motioned for Justin to follow. “Okay, let’s get the gift giving over with so we can party.”

Brian looked up at Miguel and smirked. “I thought I’d already been given a gift. I may never enjoy music again as long as I live.”

Miguel put his hands on his hips and stared down at Brian. “Listen stud, you should be grateful that you had the opportunity to listen to our fine selves. You’re just jealous that you don’t have one of these marvelous little outfits.”

“I don’t do jealous, Miguel. You know that.”

Jake put his arm around his boy’s waist. “Sure you don’t, cookie. You weren’t jealous of my relationship with Justin at all.”

Brian glared at Jake. “Boy you’re just aching for an ass kicking aren’t you, old man?”

“Absolutely. When do you think you’ll be able to pull it off?” Jake winked at Brian and smiled.

Alex walked over and sat down on Brian’s lap. “Hey big guy, I have been instructed to keep you out of trouble tonight.”

Brian tried to push Alex off his lap, but the man had a firm grip around his neck. “Get off me! You weigh a ton.”

Alex laughed and wiggled his ass on Brian’s lap. “Shame on you, big guy. You’re just getting turned on.”

Brian looked over at Chris. “Would you control this little monster?”

Chris shrugged and held up his hands. “When he’s like this, there’s no dealing with him.”

Justin patted Alex’s cheek affectionately. “Are you getting my boy all worked up, halfling?”

Alex grinned and nodded. “I’m trying to get a rise out of him.”

Everyone groaned at the lame joke.

“Hey! That was great material. You people are all sticks-in-the-mud. You wouldn’t know a good joke if it bit your dicks off.” Alex threw his head back causing his unbound hair to fly around and smack Brian in the face.

Brian pushed the hair back. “Would you stop swinging your head around like some pole dancer on crack.”

Everyone laughed and Cole said, “Now that was funny.”

Chris stuck out his hand. “I’m Christian Schwan and that little menace on Brian’s lap is Alex Glaser, my partner.

Cole took the hand in a firm shake. “I’m Cole Raines and this,” he tilted his head to the side to indicate Todd, “is my partner, Todd Lee.”

“We’re all acquainted with Todd. I’m Jake Carson and the gorgeous blond is my partner, Miguel Barton.”

Todd’s face turned a bright shade of pink and he dropped his head. He shifted a little closer to Cole’s side wondering if it was such a great idea to come to this party.

Justin points towards Miguel. “He means that gorgeous blond. I’m taken. Hey Todd, why don’t you come over here and sit with me.” He patted the cushion next to him.

Todd looked up and smiled gratefully as he made his way to the large sofa and sat down next to Justin. He leaned over and whispered, “Thanks.”

Justin smiled and spoke loudly enough for all to hear. “Jake really didn’t mean any harm. He just never knows when to keep his mouth shut and he has as much tact as a run-away freight train.”

Jake looked over and his eyes got big. “What? What did I do now?”

Miguel hugged his Master. “You opened that sexy mouth of yours when you really should have just remained quiet.”

Jake shook his head. “I wasn’t being insulting. Why do you all naturally assume I’m trying to be an ass?”

“Because you generally are, old man.” Brian lifted his glass and saluted Jake. “It’s one of your most redeeming qualities in my eyes.”

Emmett clapped his hands together. “Okay, people. It is time to present the gift. Who wants to do the honors?”

Ben stood up and walked up to Emmett. “I believe I was elected the honor.” He looked down at Brian and Justin and smiled. “We all got together and tried to decide what would be the best gift to give you guys. It’s not like you really need anything and you’re damn hard to buy for, so we decided on putting together the little show for your amusement. However, we thought we’d do something that could help our community too. So, we pooled our finances. Jake found, renovated and donated the property, and we founded the Jason Kemp Home for Boys with you two as their primary benefactors.”

Justin stood up and hugged Ben tightly. “That is the perfect gift.”

“We thought so, too. Now we can just donate money to the Home every time we need to give either one of you a gift. Makes our lives so much easier.” Jake nodded.

Justin laughed and hugged Jake. “Leave it up to you to choose a gift with your comfort in mind.”

“Hey, they all thought it too. I’m just the only one with the balls to say it.” Jake hugged Justin tightly and whispered in his ear, “I’m really happy for you, Sunshine.”

Justin tightened his arms around Jake. “Thanks. It means a lot to hear you say that.”

Jake released Justin and stepped back. “Well, I guess you could have done worse, although I’m not sure how.”

Brian raised an eyebrow and looked up at his partner and Jake. “Give it a rest, old man. You know I’m the best around.”

Miguel laughed. “In your dreams, stud.”

Alex nodded and gave Miguel the thumbs up sign. “You tell him, Miguel. He just wishes he could compare to us.”

Justin shook his head, stepped over Cole’s legs to sit down between Brian and Todd. He leaned over and looked at Cole. “This is what I have to put up with every single time this group gets together.”

Cole grinned. “I think you might have a case. They could all be held accountable for sanity subversion.”

Alex slid off Brian’s lap and pulled him to his feet. “Come on, big guy. Let’s get some food. I’m starving.”

Brian looked back over his shoulder at Justin and mouthed, “Help me.”

Jake sat down in the space Brian vacated, leaned back and propped his feet on the table. “So, how does it feel to have made it a year?”

Justin grinned. “Well it hasn’t always been easy, but it’s definitely never been boring, so I’d say I’m doing great.”

Cole leaned forward and looked at Jake. “I’m new to this group. How did you meet Brian and Justin?”

Jake grinned and leaned over Justin. “It’s funny you should ask. Justin here was my sub for a few years. Then he decides he’s going to try the other side for a while.”

Cole looked at Justin and then over at Brian who was pushing Miguel’s hands off his hair. “Brian knows about this?”

Jake laughed out loud. “Yeah, he knows. Almost busted a gut when he found out too. Can’t say I blame him. I mean we are talking about me here.”

Cole raised his eyebrows not sure how to take this man at all. “I see you and Brian have a lot in common.”

Jake tilted his head and eyed Cole. “So, he fucked you too, huh?”

Todd almost choked on his drink. Cole gave his back a few pats and looked over at Jake. “What can I say? Until I met Todd, I had a penchant for running into assholes.”

Jake winked, raised his glass and said, “Touché!”

Brian and Alex returned with plates loaded down with food. Alex handed his plate to Chris and sat down on the floor between his Master’s legs. Brian took note of Alex’s actions, handed his own plate to Justin, pushed his Master’s knees apart and sat down on the floor between them. He leaned back and smiled when he felt strong fingers gliding through his hair.

Jake elbowed Justin. “Looks like you finally got your boy trained.”

Miguel sauntered up to Jake, handed him a plate of food, and took his seat between his Master’s legs. He looked over at Todd wanting to change the subject. “So, tell us how you met the hunky lawyer, Todd.”

Todd blushed and looked sideways at Cole. “I answered his ad in the paper asking for help setting up his new offices.”

Miguel turned and propped one elbow on Jake’s knee. “Details dear boy, details!”

Todd blushed a brighter shade. “I went to the address and knocked on the door. When I heard this really deep, sexy voice yell, ‘Come in.’” Todd met Cole’s eyes for a moment and smiled. “I didn’t know I’d just sealed my fate by opening that door. He was kneeling on the floor with papers scattered all around him. He had dirt smudges on his face and his hair was a mess, but I took one look and thought he was the most gorgeous man I’d ever seen.”

Cole pulled Todd’s head forward and kissed him hard. “Well, you made an impression on me too. I looked up and thought an angel had come to deliver me from all the chaos.”

Alex grinned. “That’s so cool how you two met like that. I believe that if you’re destined to be with someone, then you’ll be together no matter what.”

Todd nodded and leaned against Cole’s shoulder. “I knew I belonged with Cole the moment I saw him.”

Miguel got a far away look on his face. “That must be really wonderful. To be so sure from the start.”

Jake bent down and whispered into Miguel’s ear and everyone watched as whatever he’d said seemed to brighten the blond right up. “Continue.”

Cole cleared his throat. “Well I needed a paralegal and Todd was by far the most qualified, not to mention the hottest, so I hired him and the rest is history.”

Everyone laughed and Todd asked Justin, “So how did you meet Brian?”

A collective groan went up from everyone. Jake flopped back on the couch and groaned, “Here we go again.”

Justin smacked Jake’s shoulder. “Well, I had recently relocated back to Pittsburgh and went out looking for a little action.”

Brian laughed. “Yes, and you got lucky enough to land the hottest guy in town your first night out.”

Jake rolled his eyes. “Give us a break, Kinney.”

Miguel ran his hand up Jake’s thigh. “I love hearing this.”

Justin continued. “I was headed back to my car trying to decide whether to give it up and head home, when I saw him.” He combed his fingers through Brian’s hair as he spoke. “He was the most beautiful creature I’d ever seen.”

“Creature is the right word,” Jake stated earning him a sharp slap on the thigh from Miguel.

Brian spoke up. “I saw this totally hot blond kid checking me out, and since he was the best-looking thing I’d seen in awhile, I figured I’d give him a shot.”

Justin laughed. “You gave me something alright, cookie.”

“He took me back to his place and fucked my brains out. He couldn’t resist me after that. Chased me shamelessly. He was a regular little stalker.” Brian rubbed his cheek against his Master’s thigh.

Justin gave a gentle tug on Brian’s hair. “Funny, that’s not exactly how I remember it. I seem to recall a certain hazel-eyed predator stalking me like he was ready to go in for the kill.”

Brian winked up at Justin. “Well, I always get my man.”

Justin leaned down and kissed Brian. “Yes you do, cookie.”

Todd looked around at the other couples. “So, how did you guys all meet?”