- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

Miguel took a deep breath and met Todd’s gaze, leaning a little more over Jake’s thigh. His voice had a somewhat dreamy quality to it. “I’ll never forget the first time I saw Jake. He was performing at a local club. I stood in the audience and watched every move he made, wishing with all my might that I was the sub receiving his attention.”

“You never told me that before. I thought the first time you saw me was when Sunshine brought you home to play.” Jake leaned down and ran his fingers through Miguel’s hair.

Miguel shrugged. “It just never came up, and didn’t seem all that important.”

“I think I’ll be the judge of what’s important. I remember Sunshine was training to be a Dom under my tutelage and he brought you home with him one night. I thought there was something special about you then.” Jake caressed Miguel’s cheek.

Miguel turned and looked at Justin. “I knew Sunshine was your sub. That’s the only reason I went with him that night.”

Justin smiled and winked at Miguel. He remembered the night in question vividly. He’d felt so bad about wanting to break away from Jake because he didn’t want to leave the man alone. He’d picked up instantly on Miguel’s feeling for his former Dom, so he’d purposely pushed the relationship.

Michael leaned forward. “So let me get this right. Jake was with Justin and Miguel came along and took Jake away from Justin?”

Jake glared at Michael. “No, that’s not what happened at all.”

Michael disregarded the subtle warning in Jake’s voice and said, “You must feel like shit knowing that you’re second best and the only reason you have Jake is because Justin wanted to leave.”

Miguel got to his feet in one elegant move. He kept his head high and walked out of the room without a backward glance.

Jake waited until his boy exited the room, because he’d promised to be on his best behavior tonight, before he turned his attention to Michael. He growled low in his throat for a second. “Let me tell you something, you know-nothing little prick. You need to learn to keep your mouth shut.” Jake stood up and headed out, following Miguel then abruptly turned around and faced the group as a whole. “And if anyone ever says anything like that to hurt Miguel again, you’ll deal with me.”

Michael’s eye grew large as he looked at everyone. “What did I say?”

Jake found Miguel leaning against the wall just outside the door. He walked in front of his boy and pushed his curly hair back off his forehead. “Hey, mouse.”

Miguel lifted his eyes and met Jake’s gaze. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to embarrass you in there. I just…”

Jake leaned down and kissed Miguel. “You didn’t embarrass me. You really think I care what people like Mikey think of me?”

Miguel shook his head. “I meant Brian, Justin, Alex…well the rest of them.”

“I’m pretty sure they all understand the score.” Jake chuckled softly.

“It just got to me because he said what I used to think.” Miguel shifted against the wall.

“Used to think, or still think?” Jake pulled his boy against his chest.

Miguel wrapped his arms around Jake’s waist. “Used to think. I figured out a while ago that you wouldn’t be with me if you didn’t want to be.”

“Damn straight.” Jake lifted Miguel’s chin. “I’m not sure I could take it if I ever felt that you doubted me. You’re my biggest supporter. What would I do without you?”

Miguel grinned and shook his head. “You’ll never have to find out, you big oaf. You’re stuck with me whether you like it or not.”

“Ready to go back to the party, or do you want to head home?” Jake kissed the top of Miguel’s head.

“I don’t want to miss the party, but I know you’re not happy about being here. We can go if you want.” Miguel looked up and smiled brightly.

“You decide, mouse. After all, you worked hard putting all this together.”

Miguel lowered his eyes for a moment then looked back up. “So, I can either go back in there and listen to everyone talking or I can go home with the best looking man in the building. Yeah, that’s a hard choice. Take me home and spank me for being a bad, bad boy.”

Jake reached up and grabbed a handful of Miguel’s curly, blond hair, yanking his boy’s head back. “I’ll take you home and spank you until you’re begging me to fuck you because I love to hear you beg. You have never been a bad boy.”

Miguel pressed his body against Jake’s and wiggled. “But I love being a bad boy for you.”

Jake chuckled. “Well, that’s a completely different kind of bad, mouse. Let’s go home.”

Inside the room, Brian looked at Justin. “Will Miguel be okay?”

Justin winked at his boy. “Miguel will be just fine in about half an hour.”

Brian nodded and smiled. “Damn. Do you think we can make an exit like that?”

Justin rolled his eyes at Brian and looked over at Chris. “I guess it’s your turn to tell your life story.”

Chris continued to run his fingers through Alex’s hair. “Nothing special to tell. This arrogant little shit came into my office needing laser surgery on his right eye. He was bossy, bitchy, and full of himself. He was also adorable, sexy, and cute.”

Alex made a sound in the back of his throat. “Oh puh-leeze. You were so hot for me that you had a hard-on the entire time you were examining my eyes.”

Chris arched an eyebrow. “Yeah, and that had nothing to do with the fact that your fingers kept brushing against my thigh, now did it?”

Alex shrugged. “What can I say? You were fucking hot, but you wouldn’t cooperate with me.”

Chris laughed softly. “There was no way I was going to fuck my patient right after treating him, no matter how desirable I found him.”

Todd grinned and leaned forward. “So what happened?”

Chris met Todd’s eyes. “Well, the very next day, I received a package.”

“Yeah, and?” Todd asked.

“Well when I opened it, I saw the most beautiful glass rose. It was breathtakingly life-like. There was also a little glass plaque that read, “The beauty of this rose pales in comparison to you.”

Emmett fanned his face. “Oh my God, that’s so romantic.”

Brian looked at Emmett, opened his mouth and poked a finger inside, imitating the gesture of someone trying to make himself vomit.

Drew laughed and pointed at Brian. “Do you want us to share some of your romantic gestures with the group, Brian?”

Brian glared at Drew and lifted his fist with his middle finger extended. “Fuck off, Drew boy.”

Todd waved his hand to try and shush the group. “Go on with your story.”

Alex leaned forward. “Well, I was working on a piece for an upcoming show, when my phone rings. I know it’s the fine doctor, so I let it go to voicemail.”

“You did what?!” Todd’s voice revealed his shock.

Alex chuckled. “I knew I wanted the guy, and I also knew I wasn’t going to stop until I got him, but no way was I going to look desperate.”

Chris gave the side of Alex’s head a little slap. “Yeah, this little shit put me through hell. He left messages with my answering service and then wouldn’t answer the damn phone when I called him back. He sent me all these little gifts, but refused to meet with me. I was about ready to tell him to go fuck himself, when he showed up at my house.”

Alex grinned and rubbed his cheek against Chris’ thigh. “I was worth the wait, now wasn’t I?”

“You were more than worth the wait, halfling.” Chris kissed his boy on top of the head.

Cole decided to try and get some information from the dark haired man that kept eyeing Brian. “So, Michael is it? How do fit into this little world?”

“I’m Brian’s best friend. I’ve known him longer than anyone. Just who the hell are you, and how do you fit in here?”

Cole glanced at Brian and Justin briefly. “I thought everyone knew who I was. I’d think that you, being Brian’s best friend and all, would definitely know who I am.”

Michael looked at Brian a moment before returning his gaze toward Cole. “I haven’t got a clue who you are.”

“I’m the man who’s going to make sure that Brian retains his custodial rights to his son.”

Michael gaped at first Cole then at Brian. “You’ve hired a lawyer? When did this happen?”

Justin caressed Brian’s neck gently. “We talked to Cole earlier this week.”

“We? This has nothing to do with you, Justin. This is a private matter between family.” Michael eyed the blond with a mixture of distaste and jealousy.

Brian sighed. “He is my family, Mikey. I thought we’d settled that issue.”

“Brian, I want to talk to you in private.” Michael stood and waited.

Justin patted Brian’s shoulder. “You can talk to Brian another day, Michael. We’re celebrating here and there is no need to discuss these matters tonight.”

“I think Brian can speak for himself. He certainly doesn’t need you to do it for him. You’re the reason he’s going to lose his son!”

Brian leaped to his feet and got right up in Michael’s face. “Fuck you, Mikey. He has nothing to do with why I’m going through this mess.”

Michael backed up a step. “How can you say that? The reason the girls don’t want Gus around you is because of him!”

“They’re just being bitches! I’m not going to take it sitting down.”

Michael shook his head. “I was hoping we could talk about this like adults.”

“You’d need two adults to have an adult conversation. You’re still a scared little boy doing whatever anyone tells you to do, aren’t you?” Brian tightened his hands into fists.

“Well, at least I’m not acting like some weak-assed little faggot taking orders from a kid half my age,” Michael huffed.

Justin stood and wrapped his arms around Brian’s waist, pressing a kiss against his shoulder and whispering, “Sit down, Cookie. I’ll handle this.”

Brian leaned back against Justin and tried to calm the raging emotions flowing through his body. He wanted to hit Michael so hard, but Justin’s calming touch was helping him get a grip. He took a breath and stepped around Justin taking a seat on the sofa.

Justin looked at Michael and forced a smile to curve on his lips. “I think it’s time for you to leave, Mikey. I also suggest that you stay away from Brian until this custody matter is settled.”

“You can’t tell me what to do.” Michael waved his arms around.

Ben stood up and put his arm across Michael’s shoulder. “I think it’s time we went home.”

“I’m not going to let him run me off. I need to try and make Brian see reason.” Michael tried to throw off Ben’s arm.

Ben’s voice took on a very menacing tone. “Michael, I said it was time for us to go home.”

Michael looked at Ben and then back at Justin. “Fine! This isn’t over.” He looked at Brian. “I’ll talk to you later, when your watchdog isn’t around.”

Ben guided and practically pushed Michael out of the room.

Justin turned and pulled Brian up into a big hug. “You know that I won’t let you lose your son, right?”

Brian nodded and hugged his Master tighter. “I know.”

Cole shook his head and sat back. “He’s a charming fellow, isn’t he?”

Todd rested his head against Cole’s shoulder. “He’s a total shit, if you ask me.”

Alex heard what Todd said and nodded his head. “I see you know dear sweet, Mikey well.”

Emmett looked around and clapped his hands. “So, who wants some dessert?”