- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

You know when you do things just to see if you can annoy the other person? Well I've done as many as I could think up. Brian is kind of a neat freak so I started leaving things like receipts everywhere, in his loft, on his desk, and just randomly all over my house. Instead of say, giving me dirty looks or telling me to pick up after myself, he just read them and organized them in a folder by date. I threw clothes everywhere, only to have them sent to the cleaners and returned to my closet. Then I started following him everywhere, including the bathroom, which resulted in a few rounds, but it's like he's fine with it. So I tried the avoidance thing, only to have him show up as if I hadn't been avoiding him. So I guess you want to know why I'm the one acting like commitment is a crime. It's just that guys are great at first, but then it's like everything I do is wrong. So I figured I’d try out all the things that everyone bitches about me doing, then wait for the inevitable break up.

 

See, it was the morning after, and he was still there. It confused me. I got up and fed my cats then started cooking breakfast, wondering when he was going to tell me it was fun but see ya. He walked in and just started making toast and coffee. I side eyed him, because this was so unexpected. Then he tells me we were leaving early to hang with his son and the munchers. Then before we walk out the door for work, he like kisses me as if we weren't going to the same place. I kept expecting him to talk about whatever he said we would, but nothing. It left me really confused, so I grabbed my kitten slippers and got in the car. You know what his response was to my less than business attire, he smiled. Which is when I started trying to do anything that would get a reaction out of him. I'm just not used to people acting like my strangeness is okay.

 

I’d been sitting at my desk, on time, thanks to Mr Kinney, wondering if I should have a candy bar or go the whole healthy route and get a donut, when I see MM come charging in. I figured at least he could entertain me, since there was nothing to do today. I thought about sneaking behind him but really, he could have a guy with an ax about to chop his head off behind him, being near Brian seems to make him blind to everything else. Ted came out and then looked at me with that look of ‘here we go again’. When Lindsay comes through the door next looking like she was about to say, murder someone with an ax, Ted yanked me behind him heading in the direction of the other two.

 

“Justin what ever this is about, it would go easier if you were in the room. He tends not to take people's heads off when you're there.” He tells me.

 

“He’s way too nice.” I inform Ted, who looks at me like I just gave birth to the kittens on my feet.

 

Before we could get in the room there was an explosion, well not really, just that Lindsay and Michael started yelling at each other, not paying attention to where they were. Brian was doing the whole holding the bridge of his nose thing, which to me is adorable, but now I’m starting to see that maybe it’s what he does when he’s annoyed, which means score for me, because he seemed to do that a lot when I was leaving messes everywhere. It just seemed really sexy when he was doing it, so that might be why I missed it all those times. He looks over at me and I’ve learned that usually means ‘get your ass over here’ and well my ass kind of likes being in Brian range, go figure. Brian just leaned back in his chair and seems like he’s waiting for them to notice that they are in his office and not say, a boxing ring. Brian pulled me down on his lap and I started doodling on the pad he keeps there for me, which really, after only a couple weeks, it’s like he’s adding a little of me everywhere in his life.

 

The bickering twins continued to argue and well, when I see Brian I tend to tune out other people but if we wanted them out then maybe it was time to see why they needed to come here to fight. You want to know what it was about? Apparently Michael wasn’t thrilled that he overheard Mel and Lindsay talking about having another kid and that they were considering Brian again. Lindsay was angry because she and Mel wanted to be the ones who told Brian, not Michael. Michael seems to think that they were responsible for Brian doing this whole ‘adopt a trick’, which I’m only assuming is me, and that another kid would only be their way to get Brian to keep paying for Lindsay as if he was her husband. Which of course pisses Lindsay off, and off they go again. Looking back at Brian then to Ted, they both act like this wasn’t strange, which kind of makes sense, because Brian must like strange, because I’m still here.

 

“I have a business trip to Chicago this week.” He tells me, not paying any attention to the two in front of us, but I think it’s because they really didn’t care if he was listening, just that he was there.

 

“I need to spend time with my cats anyway.” I tell him, because I don’t want to scream ‘no, don’t go anywhere’.

 

“Can’t the girls come over and take care of them?” Brian asks me.

 

“Why? I mean if you want me to stay at the loft, I can just let Rocky and Regina come check out the digs.” I tell him, really not wanting to stay there alone with his smell. I’m still having to fight Regina for the shirt I kept.

 

“I mean, I would like it if my boyfriend came with me.” And then there was silence. I look up at MM and Lindsay.

 

Lindsay smiled at us, but MM just kept opening his mouth and then shaking his head like there was something he heard that he needed to unhear. I turn to Brian, confused at why the arguing stopped, then I replayed what he said in my head.

 

“Did you just call me your boyfriend?” I ask him, because really, he doesn’t ask for a date just assumes, and now he’s just throwing that word around like we agreed to it.

 

“NO, NO, NO…” MM starts pacing and stopping to say NO and pacing again. Lindsay sits in front of us just gleeful at MM’s not to happy reaction. Me, I’m still thinking Mr. Kinney needs to ask questions.

 

“You know you shouldn’t assume things.” I tell him, squirming when his hand slides up my thigh.

 

“Justin, you tend to do better when I do my caveman impression.” He tells me, licking my ear, and really, how am I supposed to protest when my toes are tingling.

 

“Justin just give in, when Brian wants something he gets it.” Lindsay adds loudly, then giggles when it sets MM off ranting that Brian Kinney doesn’t do love.

 

Emmett comes in the door and drags MM out, waving as he walks out with him. Telling Lindsay they need to talk about the gossip he just heard from Daphne, who was talking to Alexia, who ran into Blake, who heard from Ted, that Lindsay and Mel want another Kinney. Emmett yells to Brian that he’ll take me shopping before Chicago. I turn to look at Brian because how the hell did they all find out Brian was even thinking about this, but then I open his jacket and pull out the tickets that were bought YESTERDAY. Is there some reason he thinks asking me is really that hard?

 

“Because you’ll make me listen to all the reasons you need to stay home, and sorry but I’m just really cutting out the middleman on this.” He tells me, and I don’t even bother to ask if I said it out loud anymore.

 

BRIAN

 

Now, at first I really was going to sit Justin down and explain that I wanted to try the relationship thing with him. I just get the feeling that he does better when you don’t give him time to think about all the reasons not to do something. I expected him to rebel and he did, but instead of finding it a pain in the ass, I just learned to adapt. When he left receipts from all his trips to convenience stores and well, really anyplace, all over, I let my neat freak have a good time. I think the funniest thing is he hasn’t figured out that when the clothes go to the cleaners, he suddenly has an extra shirt that I thought he would like. Please, the following me everywhere, it meant walking into all sorts of interesting places and getting my twat naked, not that he seemed to mind.

 

Now when he tried the avoidance again, that was solved by my girl Daphne, who down loaded Justin’s GPS coordinates to my phone. So when he disappeared, my inner stalker switched on my Justin finder, then just showed up like it was normal to be where he was. Daphne finally clued me in on Justin and his fear of commitment. Apparently the quirks that are Justin start out endearing to the new dick head he dates, then became a problem for said dick head. Me, I've never really cared what other people think, so his quirks just make him the guy that I could lo… I’ll eventually be able to say it, but well, even I need a little time to adjust. I doubt he’s figured out I’ve got the squad on my side yet.

 

He's been strange about the loft, but looking at it, it screams player, so I added something to it, something that might give him a clue that I'm in this for more. Now I just need to get him to come to the loft tonight, because I saw something while shopping and well, it just screamed Justin to me, so it’s at my loft waiting for him. My condition is that if Justin wants it he has to come to the loft to see it, call it joint custody.

 

Of course, first I need to deal with the munchers thinking my sperm can be used at their discretion. I love Gus, but really if I was to plan on another one, it would be mine not theirs, possibly Justin’s too.

 

“Lindsay, the answer is no.” I tell her, but I already know she's not going to give up that easily.

 

“Brian, we want another one and this way they would be related.” She gives me her Wendy smile.

 

“Wait, you were serious about that?” Justin asks her.

 

“Brian is already Gus’s father, and since Mel wants to be the biological mother, I think having Brian be the father would be the best idea.” She tells us.

 

“I'm only an outside observer, but I got the idea that Mel isn't a big fan of Brian. Not that she seems to hate Brian, but since his swimmers would be going all down her womb highway, shouldn't she at least like the owner of said swimmers?” Justin asks her.

 

Lindsay looks at me and well, any part of me in Mel, is just a nightmare I don't need to imagine.  All I could see was her egg pulling out machine guns to kill anything that came from me trying to merge with her, and now I'm starting to sound like Justin.

 

“Why not come to dinner tonight, so we can convince you this is a good thing for Gus.” She tells me, leaving like it's just a matter of time before I give in.    

 

When it was time to go to dinner I giggle in glee, because instead, I run to Justin’s desk, throw him over my shoulder and put him in the car. It says a lot that he no longer protests, just accepts that this is his lot in life. Driving to the loft I just hope I don’t come home to a mess, but walking in, it’s the way I left it, with the exception of my present on the mat, next to the couch.

 

 

Justin walks straight to the cabinet grabbing the cookies he put there and doesn’t seem to notice Sunny. He walks right by her as she looks up at him. I walked over and picked her up and put her in my lap. Justin grabs her and holds her while talking as if he didn’t notice our baby.

 

“Can I ask a question?”

 

“Sure.” I pet Sunny waiting to see if it’s about Sunny, but nope. How he doesn’t seem to notice her will alway be a mystery.

 

“How come they came to your office to pick a fight with each other?” He asks me, scratching Sunny’s ears.

 

“It’s their way of making me deal with them.” I tell him waiting.

 

“Meow”

 

“Can I ask another question?” He looks down and then up at me, I just nod because really, it took him this long to notice. “Why is there a kitten here?” He says softly, cuddling with it.

 

“I thought I could give you a reason to spend more time here, because Sunny doesn’t live anywhere I don’t.” I tell him.

 

Justin sits there for a minute staring at the kitten then at me. “I’m still not your boyfriend.” He tells me, kissing me and then walking into the bedroom with Sunny. Really, like I haven’t already established that? But then with Justin you just have to keep telling him until he gets used to it.