- Text Size +

 

 

"Did you want to see me?" Justin asked, stepping into Brian's office. He felt like a berated child.

Brian was in his leather chair, looking intimidating. "Shut the door and take a seat."

"Okay, that's formal."

"Who was that man you left Babylon with last night?"

"What?" Justin couldn't believe that Brian knew what had happened.

"Michael told me that you went to Babylon… after you left my bed. I thought you were going home to your friend! Then I hear you went to my club and left with some asshole who was getting head in the middle of the dance floor."

"Uh, I..."

"I'm listening." Brian narrowed his eyes.

"Are you jealous?" Justin concealed his amusement. He could feel Brian's anger boiling in his blood.

"I want an explanation."

It was time to distract Brian from that conversation, so Justin rounded the desk, rolling Brian's chair away from the desk and straddling his lap. He tilted Brian's head back, licking his throat.

Brian had already become more responsive to Justin's touches and got lost in the sensations. Not wanting to miss the opportunity to taste Brian again, Justin nipped at the spot behind his ear. Even the smallest taste of Brian had Justin high.

"Brian, here's the file... Oh." Ted stopped in the doorway.

"Shit." Justin scrambled up, shooting Ted a sheepish look, before glancing at Brian. He noticed a trickle of blood on Brian's neck, and leaned closer, kissing the spot, sealing it quickly. "Later."

"I pay you to crunch numbers, not comment on my rendezvous with Justin," the blond could hear Brian snapping at Ted as he slipped out of his office.

He went to the art department, collected his stuff, and left for the day since it was well past six. Outside Kinnetik, he found Ethan.

"Hey. Did you venture out on your own?"

"Come with me." Ethan grabbed his hand, tugging him down the street.

"Where are we going?" Justin asked dubiously. "Ethan."

"It's me! I promise, I've been trying to keep Bernard out of my mind."

"Then where are we going?"

"I met someone earlier."

"That's wonderful!" Justin beamed.

"Not like that. Here." Ethan pointed to a window where a magical globe was painted.

"Have you lost your mind? Magic doesn't exist."

"Get in there!" Ethan pushed him inside. "Hi! I brought him," he said to the girl sitting on the sofa.

Justin stared at her. She had caramel skin and curly, longish hair, a silk scarf keeping it up in a messy bun; her clothes were what could be described as hippie style. Definitely a pothead, Justin thought, amused.

"Hello, Justin," she waved at him merrily.

"I'm not going to stay here," Justin muttered, heading to the door.

"The only way to save Brian is to accept Bernard's proposal and move away," she said softly.

"What have you been telling this person?" Justin glared at Ethan.

"Nothing." Ethan eyed her, scared. "I haven't told her anything. We bumped into each other on the street. She told me to bring you to her."

"And who are you?" Justin turned to face the girl.

"My name is Daphne. We can be friends. I'm going to help you."

"You'd help me if you stayed the fuck out of my life."

"I have something that can help you see the sun again."

That grabbed Justin's attention.

"There's a ring. Only the one who believes can wear it."

"Believes in what?" Justin snorted, still sure she was lying.

"In his love for his partner. In good. In the fact that there's hope."

"I'm done listening to this crap, Ethan. I'm leaving."

The blinds fell and the key turned in its hole without Daphne moving.

Justin whirled around, gaping at her.

"Now do you believe, Justin?"

"You just told me I have to leave town with Bernard to save Brian! I refuse to obey Bernard."

"Are you listening to me?" She stood up, advancing toward him. "I have a ring that can help you stay alive in sunlight again. Bernard doesn't have to know that. You'll only have to sacrifice your time for a little while to be with Brian forever."

"Forever... Is there a problem with your crystal globe? Brian is human."

She smiled mysteriously, unlocking the door. "Until next time, Justin of the Taylors."

As Justin and Ethan walked down the street toward Woody's, Justin elbowed Ethan in the ribs. "What a fucking moron! What did you tell her?"

"I swear, I didn't tell her anything."

"No way. You believe that crap? I bet Bernard put her up to it."

"I believe her, Justin. She looks like a nice girl."

"They all do. Witches. Hold me so I won't roll on the ground laughing."

oOo

"Are you sure about going in there?" Justin asked Ethan, concerned.

They were outside Babylon, close to eleven that night.

With Ethan's nod of approval, they stepped inside, and Justin knew instantly there was something wrong. He spotted Brian in the middle of the dance floor, shouting at none other than Bernard.

"Can I trust you if I leave you on your own?" he muttered to Ethan.

"Go." He pushed Justin in the direction of the two arguing men.

As he approached them, Justin strained his hearing, focusing on Brian's rage.

"Oh, but I can and I will ban you from my club. No one gets head in the middle of the dance floor!"

"Jealous no one would drop to their knees to service you anytime, anywhere?" Bernard sneered.

"I have something you lack - a sense of decency."

"Is there a problem?" Justin slid between them, wrapping his arms around Brian's waist, trying his best to calm him.

"This fuckwit was just leaving," Brian muttered.

"Until next time. By then, maybe you'll have found someone to suck your dick in the middle of the dance floor," Bernard said, allowing the bouncer to grab his arm and pull him to the door.

Justin turned to Brian, sneaking a hand between them and squeezing Brian's cock. "I'd suck your dick right here if you allowed me," he purred in Brian's ear.

Brian swallowed thickly. "No. Not here." He curled his fingers around Justin's, taking him to his office. Once the door was shut, he pinned Justin to it. "Was that the guy?"

Justin knew what Brian meant. He'd figured out Bernard was the guy he'd left with the night before. "Yes, and despite whatever Michael thinks he saw… I only took Bern… uh, Brandon out of the club, having a feeling you wouldn't agree with his behavior."

"Brandon? Is that his name? You shouldn't have involved yourself in this. I could see he recognized you."

Justin rolled his eyes. It was actually the other way round, but Brian didn't have to know. "How about we forget about him? You banned him, didn't you?"

"Let's hope he stays away," Brian muttered, going to his liquor. "Whiskey?"

"Do you have vodka?" Justin asked, sighing in relief. He had to distract Brian from thinking about Bernard. And he had to find a way to keep his creator away from Brian.

"I have anything you desire."

Justin smirked, walking closer and wrapping his arms around Brian from behind. "So true." He pressed his nose to the spot where Brian's neck met his shoulder. "You're so desirable."

"Good to know that." Brian spun around, handing him the glass of vodka. "How would you like to explore this desire back home?"

Justin downed his glass in one gulp. "Let's go."

Brian sipped from his whiskey, laughing. "I have no idea how you can drink so much without getting drunk."

"It's my superpower," Justin whispered against Brian's neck. He rubbed a hand over Brian's erection. "Please. I need you."

Unable to resist Justin, Brian abandoned his glass on his desk, leading his friend outside the club. In the alley, they were intercepted by a crazy lady – Daphne, who kept trying to get Justin's attention. He stopped her nonsense by telling her he wasn't interested in her lies.

At the loft, Brian bent Justin over the counter, sating his need for that blond boy's ass for the first time that night. They slowly made their way to bed, but not before testing the steps, which surprisingly didn't bother Justin's back.

Brian had never felt such a strong sex drive, other than with Justin. He felt like he could go on forever and not get tired of fucking the man.

After several rounds of the hottest sex they'd had yet, Justin curled himself around Brian while his human fell asleep. Justin traced the length of Brian's side with his fingers, deep in thought.

His mind kept wandering back to Daphne trying to grab his attention outside Babylon. She'd wanted to warn him about something terrible happening.

Justin figured if he stayed the night, nothing would happen to Brian. He could save him from whatever terrible thing was lurking around the corner. Unless the danger had a name - Bernard. As much as Justin claimed he was stronger than his creator, he was aware of how weak he was in comparison to the thousand-year-old vampire.

He had less than half an hour before the sun rose, yet he wasn't ready to leave Brian's side. Justin's phone buzzed in his abandoned jeans.

The unfamiliar number made his insides twist. He accepted the call, ready to hang up if it was Bernard.

"Justin, it's me. Daphne. Please, I want you to believe me and trust me."

"Not you again," he protested.

"Don't hang up."

"What do you want from me?"

"Come to my shop. You can make it before the sun rises."

"I don't think so. I'm done listening to your crap," he spat, ready to hang up when she spoke again, freezing him.

"Ethan is with me. He's dying. You're the only one that can save him."

Justin hung up, wrote a quick note to Brian, letting him know he might not make it to work, before running at top speed to Daphne's magic shop.

She had tried to warn him about Ethan last night.

He was upset with himself that he hadn't even thought of Ethan. He'd been too worried about Brian, when his long-time friend was in grave danger. If something happened to Ethan, he wouldn't forgive himself, but he'd find a way to kill Bernard.

It was time justice was done.

Chapter End Notes:

I'll make some time soon to answer reviews. Thank you for keeping them coming even though I'm fail at answering you.