- Text Size +



Justin arrived at Woody's after eight, having stopped in an alley to sate his thirst. He couldn't afford to harm Brian when the monster within him demanded that sweet blood.

"Hey!" Justin draped an arm over Brian's shoulders, kissing his cheek and inhaling his glorious scent.

"My wayward employee." Brian tilted his beer at him.

"Didn't you get my note?"

"I told you I don't care, but this is work you're fucking with. If you want to stop the fucking, tell me. I don't care."

"What's got into you?" Justin turned him around, ignoring the astonished looks on Brian's friends' faces.

"Nothing. I know when to back down without dragging out something, which it's evident you don't want anymore."

"Are you kidding me? Didn't last night prove I'm not ready to leave? Huh?" Justin narrowed his eyes.

Brian focused on his beer, ignoring Justin. "Fucking is all we do."

Justin tried hard not to explode in laughter. "Isn't that what fuck buddies mean? We fuck… and just that. We are in this with no strings attached," he continued, watching in amusement as Brian scowled.

He could feel the sorrow enveloping Brian and decided to prove to him there were strings attached, after all. Justin tilted Brian's head upward with a finger under his chin, before kissing him slowly, pouring everything he felt into that kiss.

Brian moaned loudly, crushing Justin to his chest.

"The bathroom is that way." Michael said pointedly.

Justin was surprised when Brian listened to his friend, more or less dragging Justin in the direction of the bathroom. In the intimacy of the stall, Brian unzipped his jeans, pulling his dick out. Justin slid to his knees, sucking him dry, all the while touching Brian everywhere.

"Are you going to disappear again?" Brian asked, out of breath, when he zipped up his jeans.

Justin ran the back of his hand over his mouth to wipe away any cum left there, before shrugging. "I was with Ethan. He's sick."

"Well, I hope your friend gets better."

"He will." Justin cupped Brian's cheek, kissing him softly.

"Nice ring," Brian commented as they left the stall, getting a dirty look from a guy who needed to use the toilet.

Justin glanced at his hand, smiling. "Thanks."

"Listen." Brian pulled Justin into a dark corner. "About what I said earlier, I meant it. I'd like to see more of you, not only when we fuck."

"We will. I promise. Do you mind if I spend the night again?"

"For all I care, you can spend all the nights. There's nothing better than waking up in the middle of the night with someone willing next to you."

Justin laughed. "Here I thought it wasn't all about sex."

"If you'd stay for breakfast, or at least the morning shower..." Brian hinted.

"We'll see. Now, let's head back to your friends."

oOo

Their arrangement worked for a week.

In the meantime, Ethan regained his strength, and Daphne scried the future for the best way to remove Bernard.

Justin spent all his time with Brian, getting closer than ever. He'd more or less moved into the loft, enjoying being with Brian so much. They even went out in the daylight, and Justin didn't care if Brian thought he was weird for stopping every few feet to look up at the sun and smile.

Living with Brian had caused Justin to love him more, making his imminent departure a lot harder. The following Sunday, their happiness came to a crashing end. They were at Babylon, dancing and drinking, when Justin heard him. Bernard had coerced his way into the club, done with the ban.

"Fuck. Looks like that asshole doesn't take no for an answer," Brian muttered, looking at Bernard.

Justin hugged him tightly. "Let me talk to him."

"Like he'd listen to you," Brian joked.

"Please. Remember my power of persuasion? The other day when we went shopping?"

"Okay, go." Brian pecked his lips, playfully pushing Justin toward the asshole.

Justin guided Bernard out of the club with a hand on his back, glancing back at Brian and poking his tongue out. Once outside, he shifted from playful to angry. He pushed Bernard against the wall.

"Are you out of your mind?"

"Come with me, or you won't like the outcome." He projected his plan into Justin's head.

"You can't!" Justin squeezed his eyes shut, trying to get rid of the vision of Brian dead. "Don't."

"Come with me."

"Give me tonight. Please. One more night with him, and then I will come with you. I'll meet you at your hotel tomorrow at sunset."

Bernard lifted a brow. "That was easy. So the human is not that good, huh?"

Justin looked as indifferent as he could. "He's not you," he purred, reaching out a hand to stroke Bernard's cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Justin headed back inside the club, feeling his heart breaking with every step. He had to hurt Brian in order to finalize his plan.

"Did he do something?" Brian demanded when he saw how sad Justin was.

"I..." Justin racked his brain for a plausible lie. "I got the call about that project I told you about. They want me in Hollywood tomorrow."

"What?" Brian choked out.

"I know it's short notice. I'm not any more pleased than you. I have to go. I bet I'll hate it and be back soon."

"You better stay there and become a success. Don't worry about me." Brian kissed him long and hard, before pulling away.

"Let's go to your place," Justin begged. "I will come back," he added softly. "Please don't think this is permanent."

They spent the night entwined in bed, making love and holding each other. Even though Brian refused to acknowledge his feelings, they were there. Justin could sense them, and they almost rivaled his own feelings for Brian.

Justin made an extreme effort to keep the monster within him at bay when Brian suddenly squeezed him tightly, his nose burrowing into Brian's neck.

One little taste.

A farewell taste.

Justin shoved the monster away and simply kissed Brian's pulse, which was beating rapidly against the skin of his neck. He knew not to ruin their moment with stupid words, even though he wanted to say so many things. He was going to miss Brian a lot. He wanted to tell him that he loved him more than anything else in the world.

Many hours later, Brian cleared his throat, startling Justin. He was sure Brian had fallen asleep.

"Do you need a ride to the airport?"

Justin smoothed a hand over Brian's chest, smiling. "No, thank you, but that's very thoughtful of you."

"Seriously, I don't mind."

"I know. I'll be okay. I know you're busy at work, for which I'm sorry to bail on you."

"My art department can handle it. You go and take over Hollywood." Brian raked his fingers through Justin's hair.

"You should sleep. It's nearly four in the morning, Brian."

"I need you one more time," he admitted, pulling Justin on top of him and kissing up and down his neck.

Justin couldn't say no to that offer. He reached for supplies, and when he was about to roll the condom onto Brian's dick, Brian stopped him, giving the blond a nervous smile. "I want to feel you."

If Justin were human, he was certain he'd have fainted from joy. "If you're sure..."

"I am." Brian nodded, shifting under him and spreading his legs.

As Justin stretched him, he imagined ways to finish the unpalatable task of killing Bernard as soon as possible so he could return to Brian faster.

Justin kept eye contact with Brian as he pushed into him for the first time. Their fingers entangled as they moved slowly. Justin leaned closer, pressing his cheek to Brian's, ignoring the traces of tears. After they found completion, they kissed until Brian fell asleep.

Leaving Brian was the hardest thing Justin had ever done. He kissed Brian's still sweaty hair, arranging the blanket over him, before leaving without looking back.

When he arrived at Daphne's, he felt choked up, like he was about to cry. It was impossible, since he hadn't produced tears in hundreds of years.

"Jus." Ethan greeted him at the door. "Shit. What happened?" He led his distressed friend to the sofa, rubbing his back.

"I'm leaving with Bernard in a few hours. Keep an eye on Brian for me. Keep him safe, please."

"Oh, honey. Don't worry." Ethan held him tightly, allowing Justin to heave dry sobs, letting out all the anguish. "You'll be back," he said after a while.

"You don't know that. No one knows that," he snapped when he saw Ethan open his mouth to retort. "Everything Daphne sees is subjective. I could change my own future without knowing. When I leave with Bernard… I'm headed into the unknown."

"I hope your plan works, Jus."

Justin snorted. He didn't even have a plan, but he let Ethan believe he did.

As sunset approached, Justin became antsy. He prowled around Daphne's place, ready for night to settle so he could go to Bernard and take him far away from Brian and his friends. With quick hugs for Ethan and Daphne, Justin slipped out the door when the sun had disappeared. It took him a few minutes to reach Bernard's hotel.

Bernard was waiting outside with a lecherous smile on his face.

"My precious." Bernard pulled him close, stroking his face. "You had me worried for a second."

"Yeah, well... here I am. Any destination in mind?"

"Did you think of one?" Bernard smirked.

"Let's head west."

Bernard led him to a sports car, opening the passenger door. "After you."

"Is this yours? Did you steal it?"

"How you wound me, my darling." Bernard theatrically clutched at his heart. "Of course, I stole it."

Justin snorted in amusement, settling into his seat.

Bernard got behind the wheel, taking Justin's hand and smiling. "Ready to start our life together?"

Justin's stomach squirmed with nerves, but there was no backing down. He had to keep his poker face on. "Absolutely."