- Text Size +

A five hour drive to Harrisburg was different than the countless times he had drove back from New York. Main difference if he thought about it, it was the company. Just like that one trip to New York to drag Justin back that he took with the gang, there were three passengers. But these were his family, his father and the nephews that he could not help but see as his own sons in some way.


Five-hour drive was hard for anyone, but with kids, he had heard it was entertainment that was the problem, well he had took care of that. The moment the rented SUV merged onto the highway, he told Pops, John and Peter to tell him all about what they thought of those people, by everything he meant everything. Like how they look like, do you think they were attractive, are they stupid or so forth. He had taken a chance by extending the opportunity of displaying Justin’s work beyond Bloom’s gallery which he was familiar with. So he wants to make sure it was worth the risk by choosing only the fucking best. He had plenty of practice listening to rants as he drove and he took mental notes.


The boys chatter also had put Pops at ease, who was most likely wondering what he was doing. The real reason besides the bullshit one of having someone to take care of John and Peter was that he wanted Pops to meet Justin. Brian wants to announce in front of his parent just who was Justin to him. Along with that, he felt that this trip was the test that Alex had warned them about. How they act in front of people that did not know their history and whether they could be civil towards each other, not to mention could they both control their drinking or drug use in an unfamiliar setting.


After driving for about two and a half hours, he turns into the rest stop. It was just about lunch or snack time. Better feed all of them before they get cranky due to the lack of food or sugar that all children seems to find it necessary to live. Leaving the luggage in the car, the four men walks into the breakfast cafe in the rest stop. Brian could feel the interested stares of patrons and servers as the four of them walk up to the counter to order. Well who could blame them when so many beautiful men were walking in their presence.


Heading to the back booth, they sit and wait for the waitress to come. The waitress was not colourful like Debbie but she kind of makes Brian remember Jennifer with her calm tone. He didn’t even protest when Peter order for him a waffle with fruits. Hey, he could handle eating calories because by the end of the night he would have burn it all off. Though he did draw the line at Pops ordering the sugar high breakfast, he will not eat unhealthy meals not when he had to watch his diet carefully for his health.


“Uncle Bri, what does Uncle Justin looks like?” At Peter’s question he looks up and see the curious look of everyone.


“Justin is shorter than me, has blonde hair, blue eyes, oh and if I have to guess there will be paint somewhere on his clothes.” Oh, he could describe Justin in a more explicit detail but the kids could make their own impression of Justin.


“Sonnyboy, just how far is this place?”


“About two and a half hour drive Pops if we are lucky and there is no traffic.”


“Uncle Bri, can I ask Uncle Justin when he is going to put out another volume of Rage?”


“Peter, it is not a secret. Just ask whatever you want, both of us will answer the best we could. Now, boys, there is just a few rules that I want you to follow”


“What rules, Uncle Brian?”


“First, always tell me, Grandpa or Justin where you are going if you decide to explore or play outside. Second, be extra careful when you are around Justin’s art, that stuff is worth thousands. Third, have fun and be yourself.” The boy’s face of relief let him know that they were alright with the rules, not the crazy restricted rules that Claire no doubt enforced on them.


Then John suddenly grew nervous, then with a glance towards Peter and Pops, he opens his mouth no doubt to speak but was hesitating.


“Out with it John. I won’t get mad.” He did not want the boys to once agian fear him. John and Peter was still looking down at his nearly empty plate in front of him, but he speaks up.


“Did you really mean it when you said yesterday that we were like your sons?” Shit, he completely forgot what he had said during the tirade to Debs and Michael. No doubt the kids were wondering about his statement. Putting his folk and knife down, he look directly at his nephews before replying.


“John, Peter look at me,” the boys with great hesitation lift up their faces, “now listen to me very carefully.” When the boys were looking at him and were paying attention to him, he continues.


“Yes, I spoke the truth. You boys may be the product of your biological parents, but in my mind, you are my sons. I know you boys are hiding something but it does not matter because no matter what it is, I will be here when you are ready to tell me. So remember, that I always have your back, and that is a promise. I never, and I mean never break my promise.”


There, that look of happiness on John and Peter’s face, that was what he wants to see, a look of joy on their faces with a wide smile. Fuck, they look so much like Shawn right now. He knew that the moment Justin sees them with this smile on their faces, he will not ever let John and Peter leave even more than right now when Justin cares about the boys just through their phone calls.

 

****************************************

 

It was 6:30, and for the past half an hour he had been sitting at the steps of the entrance to the retirement community right next to the parking lot just waiting for the Jeep to pull up. He was so excited that he had not been able to sketch much of anything. Finally, finally he hears the familiar sound of Jeep’s engine and before he knows it, the Jeep had been parked in the parking lot besides the entrance. Then there were four men each carrying a small suitcase behind them walking towards the entrance. Fuck, the resemblance was undeniable. Brian, Jack, John, Peter. The Kinney truly had some awesome genes. As soon as the men came near the entrance, he could not wait anymore.


He simply runs down the steps, and like fucking Lifetime movie, he heads straight towards Brian and jumps him. His arms around his neck, his legs on his waist and simply kissing him. Brian’s hand on his ass holding him up as they continue to kiss, meshing their lips together. Shit, it had been too long, both of them had never went this long without each other. Touching each other’s bodies, definitely in the thirty years they had been married anyways. Fuck, he wants Brian inside of him, it was too long since he had been properly fucked. But sadly, the sound of giggling let him know about their audience. Their underage audience, Brian’s nephews and his father.


Well, there went a good first impression, rather than seeing him as a mature young man, he will be a nympho. Well, there was nothing he could do about it. So he lets his legs unwind from Brian’s waist, and place his feet firmly on the ground before taking his arm off from Brian’s neck. Then he turns towards where Brian’s family had been waiting for them, and just smiles at them, especially when he looks at Peter because shit that face was so much like Shawn.


“Pops, John, Peter, meet Justin Taylor or as soon as he is illegible Justin Kinney. Sunshine, meet Jack, my Pops and John and Peter, the sons of my heart.”


“It is nice to meet to finally meet you all, just no formality, call me Justin, Mr. Kinney,” then he bends down, and pulls John and Peter into hugs. “God, you just look too much like Brian. I’m your Uncle Justin and I look forward to getting to know you. Just a warning behind those doors, there are a lot of people that is likely to become your honorary grandparents not to mention shower you with attention, so don’t say I didn’t warn you.”


“Nice to meet you, Uncle Justin.” as he feels the boys tentatively raising their arms and giving him a hug back, he just smiles his Sunshine smile at them. Then just because his parental instincts were acting up, he lifts Peter up in his arms, after making sure it was alright with him, then he gestures for all of them to follow him inside. John follows right behind him with both his and Peter’s suitcases and right behind them is Jack and Brian carrying the rest of their luggage.


Rather than taking them straight to meet his grandparents, he took them to their rooms first so they all can freshen up. Jack was on the room to the left of his room, John and Peter had the room to the left of Justin’s room. First all of them goes into Jack’s sensible room with a bathroom and one king-size bed, to leave his luggage. Leaving Jack to freshen up, now they go towards John and Peter’s room.


As Justin goes around with the boys to get them comfortable with the room, Brian starts to unpack the boy’s luggage, and sets the boys’ outfits for dinner tonight out on the sofa. Yup, that were Armani Kids’ clothing, no doubt something that Brian brought without letting the boys know the price. It was a simple black trousers with half-sleeved button down shirt, navy blue for Peter and jade green for John on top of grey loafers, with socks as an option. After instructing the boys to be ready on time by 7:30. Both of them exits the room and carrying Brian’s luggage of briefcase and a carry-on bag makes his way to the his room.


The moment the door is closed and locked, the luggage is put down, they both just jump each other. His body is pressed against the wall, and as they are frantically kissing each other, they are stripping their clothes as fast as possible, then just fall onto the bed. He reach towards the box on his night table and takes out a handful of condoms and just hands it to Brian, before going back to tasting Brian’s skin. It didn’t take long before Brian was inside him and finally they speak to each other.


“Hi.”


“Hello, Sunshine.” Then Brian starts to thrust into him and he just goes along for the ride.


“Shit, never again. You hear me, Justin. We are not going to stay apart this long. Shit, do you know how much it took me to not just bend you over right outside.”


“Brian, Brian, don’t stop, just keep on going.” He grabs Brian’s hair then pulls his face down to kiss. Shit, he forgot just how much of a pleasure a single fuck with his partner could be. In a matter of minutes, he could not speak nor think. All he could do was feel and call out Brian’s name.

 

*********************************************

 

Mr. Public Service Announcement was at it again. While he was doing the work of charming the older generation of country set, there Justin was practically vibrating as he speaks with with John and Peter. Jack was talking to Grandpa Taylor, who while looking with his asshole son was very different in his views. The topic of bonding between Pops and Taylor senior, their Christian wives and the importance of church that they placed on their lives.


“Brian dear,” he turns back to look at Justin’s Grandma who had told him to just call her Marianne, within the first few minutes of conversation.


“Yes, Marianne.”


“Your nephews,” that bite on her lips was just like Justin when he was thinking, and she did not have to continue her questions. Lowering his voice a little, he answers her unspoken question noticing that Robert, Jennifer’s father was also listening in.


“John is 10, Peter is 6. Sadly, I couldn’t really be there for them for a long time, escaping the memories of a childhood nightmare. But, I know that I had to face it. Pops and I are working on it and I think eventually we will be able to be a real father-son pair, at least that’s what Justin made me believe. Their mother is my older sister, Claire, I know you guys already know what she had done. Sadly, she is stubborn and have never admit her mistakes, but I plan on being with the boys. Her husband, I’m sure you heard of the Townsend family. She married Richard, their youngest son.” He knew that the country set had their own information network, no doubt these two knew all about the Townsends, not to mention Richard so he did not have to tell them why he didn’t elaborate.


“Brian, just what are you planning to do? I heard Justin talking about lawyers for the boys. If it is something related to the justice system, maybe I can help.” Robert’s look as he glance at John and Peter was obvious, in just a single dinner, both of them had grown to care about the boys.


“Robert, I appreciate the help but I rather you not be accused due to the conflict of interest in the case. I met with a couple of lawyers, all of them alone of course, and all of them are ready to help the boys out. Justin and I are going to meet all of them again before introducing them to the boys. In the meantime, I got a list of witnesses, as well as some evidence ready if I ever need to take the custody case to court to get the boys to stay with me.”


“The court makes a decision keeping Children’s Services in mind, you got the resources and the space to handle two growing boys.”


“I’m the top executive at Ryder Advertising not to mention now I can sign as an executive adman to the clients who are interested, so I make a good honest living, unlike Townsend’s household based on trust fund and a position in his father’s company. Not to mention, I own the building I live in now, so no mortgage payments. As to the life’s countless addictions, I am working on decreasing them. I also got my place renovated. It is double the size of what it was before. I have the same place as before with an entertainment room, a kitchen and stuff and I got the loft besides me to merge and get that entire space made into bedrooms. So I got eight bedrooms with a common area in the middle. The boys will have space, in fact, I’m going to get them to choose their rooms. So even if it never goes to court, they still have a place.”


But as he looks at the faces of Robert and Marianne, he realizes that he had shared more with them than he intended. Shit, it was because the two of them reminds him of Justin when he had listen to him rant over the years. Taking a sip of the wine, he turns his head away and look at Pops and Greg Taylor trying to ignore the looks that he could feel.


“You are a good man, Brian. I can see why Justin is so taken with you.” He turns back to look at Marianne when she calls him a good man. “But, even if I like you, please remember that if you hurt Justin in anyway, I am quite capable of making your life difficult.” Well, he really was getting threaten a lot on Justin’s behalf, but he perfectly understand their point of view. Heck, he was not an easy man to please when it came to his children’s dates or significant others.


“Mariane, Robert,” he looks at them straight in the eye as he replies, “Justin is the only man that had ever accepted me for who I am. All of it, my abusive childhood, my sexual past, my habits and behaviour, he is the only one. I don’t have any intention of letting him go and I love him more than I could ever think I was capable of.” That was all he could handle before he took a big gulp of wine and force his way into Greg Taylor’s conversation on businesses in Pittsburgh.

 

*******************************************

 

The weekend in a simple word was fabulous. For everyone in Harrisburg’s retirement community centre.


Robert, Marianne, and Greg had got to meet Brian, the man that their grandson was clearly in love with. They had feared that he was a man that was just looking to use Justin to get into the country set, but they were proven wrong. The man clearly made enough money on his own, and he clearly adores Justin. Not to mention, all of them saw how they already were speaking with looks and they fit perfectly. Brian even seems to know how to get Justin to eat while he was absorbed in his art and clearly was keeping track of Justin’s meals to make sure that he took care of himself. Personally, there were certain traits that they found in Brian that each of them saw as a trait that was perfect for someone in relationship with Justin.


Robert really like the fact that Brian was a self-made businessman but he was also knowledgeable in many different fields. Not to mention his direct honest approach, or his way of finding loopholes in a proposed business plan or contract, it was the skills of a very skilled lawyer that was in an adman. The men in the community particularly Robert’s close friends just love the fact that Brian could fight with them on words, and sometimes get even the most stubborn old man to think about things in a different way. Robert knowing Justin’s skills at silent manipulation like any WASP offspring, was glad that Brian will be able to see Justin’s skills at play but not feel betrayed that Justin was not innocent. As Brian had told him, why should you spend time with someone that does not love all part of you? This man will love even the WASP side of his grandson.


Marianne just wish to give the tongue lashing of her life to Brian’s parents. At least she had witnessed that Jack was trying to reconnect with his son, and they were both slowly working towards a healthy relationship but his mother. Loving the God and church more than her own flesh and blood. Not standing up for her children. Based on the details that she got information through the various conversations she had listened in on, she was amazed how well Brian got out of the working class and the life that he leads now. Looking at the way, Brian take care of his nephews in a fatherly manner, she could see that Brian will be a good father if he ever has a chance. Brian Kinney even if he tries to hide it was a good man and the way he interact with Justin made it clear to her eyes just how much he care about Justin and seeing Justin’s face constantly smiling such a happy smile, it was such a joyful sight to her.


Greg just like the fact that Brian was a self-made businessman that could interact with the country set but not get influenced by it. Not like his son has done. The son who hardly visits or calls him. Craig was repeating his mistakes of being completely focuses on his business rather than his family but Greg had made an effort to support his son. Craig did not like the fact that Justin was drawn to art and did not seem to be interested in business. Not to mention Justin had inherited his stubborn side from his father but Brian was equally stubborn and could hold his own. That was made obvious when Greg heard Justin and Brian going head to head while arguing about expenses.


Apparently, Justin plans on renting out a unit in Brian’s building to use as his studio and wants to play the normal rent. On the other hand, Brian will charge him a really low rate of rent. The two of them were having this discussion right in middle of the breakfast table but no matter how frustrated the two of them got with the argument. None of them had ever raised their voice and they had reached a compromise after a while that Justin will play the normal rent but rather than paying it in whole at the end of every month, he will be able to pay it in installments. That moment when the two of them were resolving issues like an adult but also properly communicating with each other, something both Greg and Craig hardly did with their spouses, Greg was sure that Brian was the right man for his grandson.


The rest of the retirement community personnels were simply charmed. Both Jack and Brian possess plenty of charm. Especially Brian who had charmed the ladies and made them wish that they could have him as the spouse for their own children. But the true darlings were John and Peter. Like Justin had predicted, the two of them had the ladies in the community showering them with motherly attention. Especially when John or Peter honestly told them the reason that they were here with their uncles. They were simply flabbergasted at the behaviour of their mother though they all were experienced with a social climber.


Another thing that all of the community notices were the small signs of abuse. How Peter and John were so uncomfortable unless their grandfather or uncle were in sight. The nervousness they displayed when Brian and Justin were arguing, as if they were afraid that the result of the conflict will lead to a harm towards them. Not to mention, no one miss the flinches they make when someone’s hands or foot were raised around them or loud voice. It was obvious that there was something seriously wrong with their lives. Many of them had connections and even if they could not get them away from their parents, they were going to do what they could to back up the boys. At the least they could see that John and Peter were safe with their Uncle Brian. All of these retired people were now on silent lookout, if there was a need they will personally get involved.


For John and Peter, this vacation was truly a dream. Everyday they were allowed to play, no chores except to take care of their rooms, and getting to spend time with so many people. Both of them had grown to love Uncle Justin in just a couple of days. He had a huge heart and he was like a cross between an older brother and a father figure that was there for them. Not to mention they could clearly see that Uncle Brian had not been pretending at all, he truly did care about them and like he had said during his angry rant to him, they were his sons. Also Uncle Brian and Uncle Justin were fair towards them. Even if they had forgot to tell them where they were going and both of them were worried. They did not hit them or anything. They had sat them down and quietly told them why what they did was wrong and because they disregard the rules, they were not allowed to go out on their own the next day. See fair and kind, not like the parents that they knew. If only they could live with their uncle, but that was a wish that was not likely to come true so they both did not voice it out loud.


They also enjoyed hanging out with all the seniors as all of them pampers them and all of them had some really funny stories to tell them. Both of them absolutely loved Justin’s Grandmother, who had told them to call her Grams. She was so nice, not to mention her rants on some people on TV was really funny. And all of the seniors had asked both of them to keep it touch with them, and that they were welcome back to visit anytime they want. And their Grandpa told them that it was fun for him too as he got to interact with so many people his age and he learnt many things that will help him and Uncle Brian be more good for each other.

 

***********************************************

 

Before they knew it, the weekend was gone. On Sunday night, no more like early Monday morning, both Brian and Justin were awake. Holding each other in bed with the duvet covering them after a last round of shower sex. They were simply just enjoying each other’s presence while they talk about what they were going to do next.


First thing was that Brian will supervise all of JTK’s painting as they were transported into the safe on the top level of the Tremont building. Then Brian will let the galleries know that Bloom Gallery, Space Art Gallery and Carnegie Museum of Art will have “Light” displayed for two weeks before the solo show at Carnegie Museum of Art on September 20th. Bloom will get the prestigious art patrons interested, Space will get the general public, then Carnegie will have the art critics and professors from PIFA and other universities interested. The painting’s price and the lithograph contract will be discussed after the opening night. Ms.Anderson will be their mouthpiece in the art world as she had the qualifications of a lawyer as well as an agent. Then next week, the posters and ads will be up all over Pittsburgh to start to build interest in the show, that was Brian’s area of expertise. Justin as an anonymous artist all he had to do was continue to create but in order to avoid any accidental reveals, he will create his works at the Tremont studio.  


Next, Brian will show the private wing to John and Peter and have them pick their rooms. Then as a surprise for them, both of their rooms will be ready for them in a week. As Justin plans on painting their rooms before starting his JTK work. Brian will start to order furniture for the rest of their duplex, and basically with Justin’s input have the entire private wing, the area that Jerry did not decorate at all, decorated and ready. For now, the rest of the room will just be guest rooms with a twin size bed and dresser with plain walls, but that will gradually change as the rooms will gain their personal occupants over the years coming up. Not to mention, they were both going to start getting Gus’s room ready. Brian was going to let Lindsay woo him about him becoming the father of her baby for a little while longer. He decides that he will say yes around New Year’s just like he kind of remember saying yes to the first time around.


Last thing were their lawyers. Brian had met with all of them separately and based on their interactions knew that all of them were just like their future selves that they knew, just growing into the shark lawyer they will be in the future. Luckily all of them were establish in their firm, none of them was still a paralegal. So rather than inviting their supervisor and the firm’s partner both to the dinner. It was going to be just the future Kinney lawyers and their firm’s partner. The dinner had been planned for the second last Saturday of August and Brian had got Cynthia to get the reservations and invitations out. Brian will invite Cynthia and Ted to the dinner as well so all of them could talk frankly about the plans that Brian and Justin had in the future and just how the lawyers will play a role in it. Hopefully, the seven lawyers will work well with each other.


Because Brian thought that there will not be much time left before they both had to take a stand and get John and Peter out of their parent’s house. Not to mention, Justin was not that confident on how long it will take before Craig will find out the truth about his son’s sexuality. Just so it will not be a surprise, Justin will take Jennifer along to see the rented out studio so that just in case, he ever have to get out of the house quickly.


Holding each other closely, eventually both of them fell asleep after they both had agreed on the details. It was the last night they will be able to spend together without worrying about time. Though they did not know, it will not be until the next year that both will once again have the luxury of being able to be with each other and fall asleep together again after this night.

 

************************************************

 

Meanwhile in Pittsburgh, it was in one word, a confusing time for the folks of Liberty Avenue. Even if what happened at Deb’s was a private thing, Emmett was the biggest gossip queen, not to mention Michael and Deb’s rants. In no time at all, the entire Liberty Avenue knew at least the context of what had occured.  


In short, Brian Kinney was changing. But he was not going to answer any questions about it. Kinney had stood up against the two people that everyone thought he cared about. He had told Debbie to syop treating him like ke was a child and that she had no right to smack him just because he did something she did not agree with. Adding to that Kinney had said that he didn’t owe her any explantions about his behaviour. Debbie had raged on about ungrateful assholes although the next day at the diner. But many of the patrons silently agree with Kinney on the fact that Debbie should not hit someone that was not even her own son especially when they were the one gossiping about the man in a negative term behind his back and he had caught them.


On the other hand with Michael, well it seemed like the end of Brian and Mikey show, at least from Brian’s end. Emmett had told all that will listen that Brian had said that though he was grateful for Michael’s friendship it did not mean that Michael was his keeper that need to know everything about him or whom he owed detailed explanations of his actions beyond what he had already told them. Also Brian Kinney, the one that was so tolerant about Michael’s geekiness had told him that he did not like Michael’s comic book obsessive side at all. This was simply a shock as many of them thought if there was one person that Brian Kinney will be soft towards will be it will be his ‘best’ friend, but they had thought wrong.


The queers on Liberty Avenue were all talking about just what will happen when the Stud returns. As when he was gone, his close group of friends did not change that much. Debbie and Michael had loudly stated how furious they were at what Brian had stated but on the second day, they both have calmed down. From what people knew, Debbie thought it was because Brian remembering something that he did not want to when he saw her behaviour. Michael just thought from what he told the others at Woody’s that Brian did not mean what he said at all. Brian must be feeling stressed and had not been able to go out as much as he likes so he just lashes out as there was no chance that Brian will not want to tell his best friend what he was doing. The other two members of the group, Emmett and Ted did not have much of a public reaction so the queers did not know how they felt.


Well all the gossip hunting queers were ready on Tuesday morning. Yesterday night, a former trick of Kinney’s had spotted Brian Kinney’s Jeep as it head towards his loft. So the Stud was back from his business trip. And the most likely place for him to appear in public first was the Liberty Diner. Michael Novotny seemed to have the same idea as people had been seen him there since early morning, way more earlier than any of them ever saw him there at 6 in the morning waiting for Brian to come in. It was 8 o’clock when the diner’s door opened and the individual came in. Time to pay close attention, as no one that was at the diner wishes to miss anything.

 

*****************************************

 

Reaching forward and shutting off the alarm, he gets out from the bed and head towards the bathroom and the shower. He was not quite awake till the water hit his body. He was really glad that he had already took today off from work, he had enough stuff to get done today without having to go and supervise the idiots at the art department. Today was a day to spend time with John and Peter, before they had to go back to their home tomorrow. Oh, he plans on going to be there with them, and before the day is over, he wants to get started on building a place for the boys in his life, as they both already exists in his and Justin’s heart. The place for his children. Looking at the charm on his neck, he realizes that he will have to get it to the jewellers again soon. Their charms will need new engraving.


Making his way to the closet and keying in the password, he goes inside to the humongous closet that was the same size as the platform in the old loft not to mention temperature regulated so all his designer clothes will not be affected due to the moisture in the air. He had already organized the closet to his standards with clear categories. The other side of the closet was empty. The clothes from the clothing chain, Gap and Old Navy were in the closet in the studio on the top floor. This will be the closet for Justin’s regular clothes. Since he did not have to go to the office today, rather than a suit he went for casual formal. Diesel black pants on top of a half-sleeved black button-down shirt that according to Justin changed colours as he moves. Putting on his Gucci ankle-high boots he was ready. So he makes his way out to the reclining wall. Both John and Peter were early risers and they were already there sitting on the small recliner they put in the common area of the private wing that faces the wall.


“Morning boys,” he greets them as he goes over the boy’s outfit. Good they both remember to wear comfortable black jeans with sneakers on top of a tee-shirt. A kid version of formal casual, perfect for that he has plan for today.


“Morning, Uncle Brian.” John and Peter both of them clearly needed to drink something to be up to greeting the day.


“Which room did you boys choose to sleep yesterday?” Yesterday, he had let the boys enter the private wing and let them choose which room to sleep in out of the the available seven bedrooms. What he didn’t plan on telling them till later was that the room that they chose, will be their own room, and they were going to go with him to visit showrooms to pick out their furnitures. The boys had just slept on a generic inflatable mattress when they were at the loft, and he had joined them before they went to Harrisburg but he needs to take care of his back.


“Peter slept in the room with the glass mirror at the corner, I slept on the room next to his, the one that has red tapes on the edges.” Nodding at the boy’s replies, he opens the wall to the public wing then gestures for the boys to go wait for him by the front door as he picks up the briefcase he had packed the night before before going out of the loft, but not before setting the alarm. He did not want the robbery to happen again.


As he never hid before, he drives towards the diner and park the Jeep on the corner. Then without any hesitation, he opens the diner door and goes in, John and Peter following behind him, practically hiding behind him. Surveying the room, yep, he knew without a doubt that the news of his rather minor verbal smackdown against Debbie and Michael had spread. And here all of the gossip queens were just waiting to see what happens next. He already saw Michael waiting at the back booth clearly deciding that what he had said last week was just an angry rant and had dismissed it. His face was set in ‘Poor little Mikey’ clearly expecting an apology effort well he was not getting one.


Seeing that a side booth was surprising open even with all the queens sitting around it, he heads straight towards it and his boys follow. He sits next to Peter with John across from them, before handing the menus out to the boys. Luckily all the patrons in the diner were dressed properly, no need for the boys to run into naked men, and hopefully the sexual innuendos will tone down once they fucking realized that there were tiny children in the diner that was listening in. He didn’t even have to wait long, before he sees that flashing red vest of Debbie as she heads towards them. Peter must have also seen her because his little hand squeeze his arm, and John turns around and his face gets that defensive face on.


“John, Peter, it’s fine. I told you that I got you. Debbie,” as she opens her mouth no doubt to start her tirade, “I don’t want to hear it, you know that I was fucking right to tell you to not hit anyone on the fucking head, that too in front of kids.” Well, that sentence stops her, and it fucking looks like she register the fact that the kids were scared so at the very least her mouth will be kept in check at least till the boys are gone.


“You asshole, I was coming over to say that I understood at least a bit why you took the boys out, though I haven’t fucking forgave you for hurting Michael like that. He is your best friend that was there for you since you were fourteen. Now aren’t you going to fucking order some food? The boys look like they are starving.”


Typical hot and cold Debbie with Michael is an angel routine, but he could deal with that. Peter thug on his sleeve and point it at pancakes with syrup on the menu while John points at omlette with bacon.

 

“Pancakes with syrup, make sure they put some fruits on it, for Peter. Omelette with bacon and baked potatoes for John, then get me an omelette with onions and peppers with turkey slices. Boys,” I look at them briefly in the eye then flick my head towards Deb, then both of them look at Debbie, the fear now more masked than before, saying “Thank you, Ms. Novotny.”  Even if Debbie was stunned, she gave us a smile before she went on to place our order. Letting out a breath at escaping a screaming match for now, he looks around the diner and all the gossiping queens are trying their best to look normal. A quick glance at the back booth shows that Michael is still staring at him more than likely waiting for him to go over to him, like he fucking had to apologize. Pigs will fly before that will happen, he really needs Michael to get over his dependance on him.


“Enjoy boys.” Well the order was here quicker than he thought but it all worked out. The boys thank Debbie again before attacking their plate. Seeing that she was making an effort to not question him, he gave her a kiss in thanks. Deb was just a bit rough around the edge, eventually once Carl had talked sense into her it had been easier for Debbie to live her life without her rose-coloured glasses on.

 

*****************************************

 

This entire day they were constantly shocked. They both wonder if it was real. First, after the breakfast as the diner, where that loud lady actually nice to them and the stupid man just stare at them but did not come near them, John and Peter went with their uncle to what they called a storage facility. There were large steel containers stacked on top of each other all over. Then they actually got to ride on a lift like the ones that they saw firefighters use on TV to access the top box. Inside the box were wooden boxes that were lined up against the length of the room in a row. That was when it got to the interesting part. Uncle Brian had switched on the lights in the room, as a worker brought two stools up and place it near them. After the worker left, Uncle Brian told them what they were doing.


“Today, you are my assistants, well most like Uncle Justin’s assistant. Now, your Uncle Justin is a freaking brilliant artist but he is not that good at naming paintings when he is really good at naming businesses. So here is what we are doing to do. I got the list from the movers so I know which painting is in which crate. We will all look at the paintings then come up with a title then you just have to find the box and put this label on with duct tape on the side. We got 40 crates to do so let’s start.”


It was fun for both of them. Both of them got their name chosen, then whoever named the painting got to put the label on it. Uncle Brian let both of them choose the names silently then just wrote it down. They didn’t even know but it was noon by the time they were done. They got to ride the lift down then they were lots of guys waiting for them. Uncle Brian told them they were the movers who were going to move the boxes from the storage unit to the special safe they got on the top floor of his building. Apparently that’s where they keep all of Uncle Justin’s paintings, the 40 of them that they had named will be shown at the gallery next time. The cool thing is that both John and Peter will be able to go to the opening night and see all the paintings in real life, not just its pictures. So after Uncle Brian told the mover guys the address, they left to go get lunch.


After lunch, Uncle Brian took them to what their mothers had always called the fashion district while giving dirty looks at people that shops there. John thought it was because she never had enough money to shop there, but apparently Uncle Brian did. John and Peter walked straight to Armani right behind Uncle Brian. Uncle Brian were friends with all the employees and he knew everyone’s name. John and Peter were heading to the chairs at the side, guessing that they were just here while their uncle was shopping but Uncle Brian stop them and made them take their shirts off then stand on two stools. That’s when their uncle surprises them again.


“We are getting some decent suits for both of you. After all, you can’t attend an art show without being properly dressed. Now, boys no arguing, I am doing what I want and keep this a secret from your mother. I will buy a wardrobe for my boys but not for Claire. Now, Lucardo I want classy but edgy. These boys are the honorary children of the star artist.” Then both of them were made to wear different shirts and jackets till both Lucardo and Uncle Brian was satisfied. They try to protest when they actually show the prices but Uncle Brian did not hear them and went straight to pay with his credit card but not before ordering some suits for himself as well.


They thought that was the last of the surprises but that was not it. No, after the dress shop, all of them walk a block before they enter this really big store. Inside everywhere they look there were different beds. That was when they both got their best surprise yet, and the one that convince them that no matter what they do have a place in their uncle’s life and his house. Why? Because they were getting their own room, the way that they want it in their uncle’s house. They could pick the paint on the wall, the bedsets that they want, the table, the chair and everything. And if they want something special on their walls, Uncle Justin will be delighted on painting it. Basically, they want them to have a safe place to go to if they ever need it. Both John and Peter could not stop their feelings that they both gave Uncle Brian really big hugs before going to explore around the place. Their wish was in a way coming true. They will now have a place with their Uncle Brian. Sure they were not living with him all the time, but having a room in his house meant that they will be always welcome.