- Text Size +

It was easy for him. The moment he jumps into the Jeep as soon as it pulls up a couple of blocks away his parent's house and sees Brian's face, he knew. That was Brian's tough-man image but hidden in his eyes were the hurt of rejection and sadness. But he knew that Brian will not talk, no it will take a bit of time before he will be up to discussion. So now all Justin will have to do was to create a comfortable and safe place where Brian will be able to express himself.

 

"Brian, let's go to the studio. I need my model for my painting as well as my fellow creator for the comic." Brian just nods and simply drives, then just follow behind him as he makes his way into their building.

 

Well, time for him to work his magic. He starts to walk with a bit of a sway, making sure that Brian focuses his attention on his ass. Judging by the intense stare directed towards his butt it was working. Then just before they reach the very top floor, he bends over to pick up something on the floor. With the corner of his eyes, he glance back. There it was, that barely contained lust and heat in Brian's eyes, not to mention the fact that his hands were flexing, like he was trying to control himself from just undressing him right here and taking him on the staircase. Standing up slowly, pushing his ass back and forth slightly on his way, he quickly makes his way to the metal door at the edge of the floor and enter the code on the keypad. Bending slightly at the waist even if he does not need to. Opening the door he makes his way into his studio. Before even hearing the sound of the door closing, he raises his arm up and forward, teasing him with the barest hint of his skin. A deep growl was his only warning before he was attacked. Mission Accomplished.

 

That little twat. He wasn't stupid to not realize what Justin was doing but quite frankly he didn't give a fuck. Not when he had Justin right where he wants him to be. Underneath him, on top of him, just lost to heat and frantically riding his cock. He leant over to bring them even more closer to each other, their chests touching and grab that blonde locks of hair to pull his face up and just smash their lips together. He wasn't going to think when he could suck and fuck his partner right here.

 

He truly forgot just how wonderful that soreness felt. That slight throbbing felt in his ass every time he clenches or move in a certain way. To keep on feeling that delicious pleasure was the reason that he kept on shifting around even when he did not need to as he draws.

 

The way he did his art will be strange for others but it worked for him. Wearing only Brian's shirt, last-season's shirt of course, with boxers, no shoes on his feet with headphones on. He didn't really care because nobody needed to know how he was in his studio except for Brain and himself. Even his kids didn't enter his studio unless for an emergency. Besides the patrons only cared about the result, not the process. And he was glad about that. Each of his painting had a part of his soul, his mind and there was no need for an audience as he pour his heart out onto the canvas.

 

Sunshine was in a fucking good mood. Moving all over his studio, slowly getting more paint all over, just dancing away, shaking that bubble butt and at the same time, getting some shit load of artwork done. Just looking at him was enough to relax his mind, and get him to finish his work. Just like it has been routine for so long years.

 

Cynthia had told him that he had changed became more relaxed, more soft. Of course he protested about that 'soft' remark, and he wasn't soft, he just knew when to leave an artist with actual talent alone to work. Sadly, Ryder did not have many. Rather had more of the ones that you need to stand over them for them to make a decent piece. His husband was a genius, he can recognize decent artist from an idiotic one. Luckily for the rest of the art department, he found two decent artists and got them to do his boards. So what if they were the newbies, if they could do the work better than their supposed superiors, he was going to use them. He sent Justin a sample of their two newbie's work and even he had been impressed. Since he did not remember these two newbie, once again someone that Gardner missed like that decent adman. Well Vanguard's loss was Kinnetik's gain.

 

The phone rings and I answer automatically. Should have checked the number because it was once again Michael Novotny.

 

"Briaaan." Shit, did he really used to feel at least some sort of happiness when he heard this voice. His childhood really messed him up.

 

"Brian, you have to come help me. I don't have a ride and I got called in." That helpless tone must have been what made him drop things on the fly in the past to go help his self-proclaimed best friend. In reality, he realized that only thing in common in between them was their past. They were old friends, not best friends.

 

"Michael, you should have let your bosses know that it will take you some time to arrive. It is better to go in a little late than the time that they need you, then arrive late."

 

"But, I need to be really great so that they will give me that promotion. I need it."

 

"Once again, it is the Big Q. Also, Emmett can give you a ride, I know that he isn't working today."

 

"Sure Em is here but I want to spend time with you. Don't you want to spend time with your best friend?"

 

"Michael," he could not help that small sigh "do you want to get to work in order to get that promotion or spend time with me?" The resulting silence was answer enough for me. I cut the call, and before he could call back again, I turn off the ringer. Michael needs to start growing up, and let his infatuations with him disappear.

 

Looking over he could see that Justin had not noticed the phone call. Good, if Michael had somehow ruined his Sunshine's mood, that after a long time was so careless and surrounded with happiness, he would do worse than just cutting off Novotny's cellular connection with him.

 

Before he knew it, it was time once again. Time for him to leave this place full of happiness and go back to his reality of being a 16 year old teenager. After one last fuck with Brian, he sneaks out through the back exit of the loft, then make his way to the front entrance to the lobby. Where he could see his parents and grandparents waiting. No matter how hot the idea it was to have filthy gay sex in the same building as a homophobe, now was not the time. But definitely, something to think about implementing in the future. For now, he has to go back to his acting career.

 

Acting like he had never seen the shelter with its separate dorms, play and study area, or the attached small bedrooms on the floor set aside for caretakers. Not to mention the separate counselling rooms and offices. His mom he could tell was happy. At the thought that her parents were nearby but not so close that they could intrude in her personal life due to having free time. Craig was silent, but he guessed that he approved of the accommodations though when he saw the sign calling the shelter "RAiNBOW FRIENDLY ZONE" his lips curled up into a sneer. At least this fact will stop Craig from making a lot of trips here. No he thinks that unless forced, the chance of him coming here will be really low.

 

"Oh, I didn't know you were bringing people over, Ms. Marianne." That was the voice of the tall man with a dirty blonde hair wearing a pair of comfy loafers with plain old black trousers with a crew shirt in cream said when he enters the shelter and find a crowd in the group. He was wondering where Austin was.

 

Austin Burnell was the man in charge of Paloma. Paloma, the shelter named after his adopted daughter, the one to care so much about people no matter how much they had or will continue to hurt her. Austin was a social worker with the Department of Children's Services for five years but before that he went to law school. He once was a reserve officer to LAPD before he moved to Pittsburgh. Not to mention, he is a black-belt. A man that cares for kids, who could understand law and also was capable of stopping any threats. He is a perfect choice as the director of Paloma. To think that Brian found him in a bar was a surprise but then maybe Brian's Irish luck had been working that day. It doesn't matter how but Justin having met Austin before knows that he will lose a limb before seeing a child hurt if he could help in someway. And seeing Austin's grey eyes meeting his, he nods in greetings but shake his head to let Austin know it was not the in-known crowd.

 

"Oh, Austin dear. I'm sorry I should have let you know. This here is my daughter Jennifer, that's her husband Craig, you know Taylor's son." He felt his Grams's hand on his shoulder, "and this is our grandson, Justin Taylor."

 

"Nice to meet you all. I'm sorry Marianne, but the state officials and DCS is coming over for a final check soon, so may I ask you all to leave. If all goes well, we will officially be in business starting next week." Austin may seem rude but his smile more than makes up for it, at least it did to his mom. He didn't miss the slight glare that Austin sent Craig but as someone that Justin told about what has been going on, it was completely understandable. Silently, he followed behind his birth family, looking over the shelter and the bare walls. Maybe a job asking him to paint a mural at Paloma will get him out of the house.

 

When they were children involved, he could say this, the state went all out or as much as their budget will allow. But when there is talk of a shelter for kids close Liberty Avenue in a building owned by a well-known gay man, the state went above budget and sent in three high-ranked officials from both the government and Children's Services. In total six nosy people looking around just looking to find something that will allow them to deny their place as one of government-approved shelters directed connected to Children's Services, not just an average non-profit shelter.

 

Brian sat in the official office, looking at what his husband called "Wall of Certifications." A wall hung with certificates of the employees, the building and the shelter. Right next to it was a blank wall, but he knew it will be where all the pictures will be in the future. Every wall in the shelter had something to provide encouragement for the kids. A wall full of shelves, just waiting for trophies and awards, right next to a wall that already had a couple of handprints signed with names of everyone in the shelter, and the rest was empty just waiting for handprints. In addition to bookshelves, an art corner and computer cubicles and so forth. Paloma was not going to be a run-down plain old shelter, never. It will be a place where kids get to go wild and free, a place they can heal and start anew.

 

"Brian," there was Andrew and all behind him were the six officers all of them just itching to question him no doubt. He waves them in and lead them to the three couches. Andrew and him on one, and officers from the same agency sharing one sofa each.

 

"Mr. Kinney, based on city regulations as well as state regulations, this shelter meets all the requirements. And we can go ahead and put the name of the shelter to state-approved facilities. However there are some questions."

 

"Go ahead, I have nothing to hide."

 

"We noticed that the building have lots of security measures, a good thing when this floor will be full of children but how are children expect to get in or out? An adult cannot be with them all the time."

 

"There is a pin pad, right outside this door right here that they can access from outside. The kids will be given the code to it, before they go outside the shelter, so they know how to get back in."

 

"What about those three empty rooms at the back?"

 

"Those are the counselling rooms. Kids are going to need someone to take to in private. Whether to explain the rules, for disciplinary reasons like a timeout or meet with a psychologist to help them deal with all of their trauma."

 

"Alright, Mr. Kinney. From the city's point of view, there are no problems. Here is a tentative registration guidelines, all you need to do is go to the city hall one last time in order to get all your permits and to have the shelter registered. Children's Services seems to have questions for you so I will get out of your way. Thank you for your time." One paper-pusher from city hall out, he will get Ted to go to city hall, no way is he going to stand in line and wait.

 

The moment, city people went out, the social workers came in all of them wearing determination on their face. Well, good luck to them. No one was more determined than Sunshine on a creative high, and he had plenty of experience with social workers not after five custody or adoption cases. He was a master with these nosy and judgemental social workers, of course expect his Dove, who was the best defender of kids.

Chapter End Notes:

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year Everyone. Your Reviews keep me inspired and I was successfully able to defeat this bout of writer's block. Please give me suggestions on what you guys think of the story so far, what you will like to see, etc. Thank you so much for waiting, I hope this chapter was worth the wait.