- Text Size +

The fact that he could act like a 16-year old when he had a brain of 57 year-old and bring up no suspicions from either one of his parents surprised Justin. Sure, Justin always have known that his birth parents really were different type of parents than the kind of parents Brian and he became with their own brood of children, but he had always thought that any decent parent could see through their children to some degree.

 

For Justin and Brian, always observing the environment around them had what their friends called the ‘bullshit radar; activated all the time, when not lost in each other’s bodies. Because of this so-called ‘radar’ Brian and Justin both tended to notice if their children had acted a bit different. As soon as they notice a weird behaviour, they went straight to making plans. A gentle method, or as gentle as they could, to find out what happened. Brain and Justin were both firm about their children making their own decisions but they always made sure to know what was going on, so they were always on hand as a help for the kids, just in case. In Justin’s opinion, it was a perfect way so their children could be independent but always have the support of their parents ready, whenever they needed it. Though sometimes, they just took over and solved the problem for them. Case in point, the Chicago hotel incident with Rose and Dove.

 

Justin had never been nor will he ever be a great actor but pretending to be 16 was hard, heck Daphne had noticed he was acting strange but his parents were oblivious to it. Even the fact that he was staying out of the house more often. Maybe in their minds, it was just a phase he was going through of wanting his own space, similar to the way they thought his homosexuality was a phase when he came out of the closet the first time around. He was thankful that his parents were not suspicious, but it was weird.

 

No matter what, he could not wait till tomorrow when school will officially finish and the summer will start. High school was still a nightmare that just dragged on and on, especially for him. He had went through high school more than once in the future. Every-time he had helped his kids with their homework, he was back to high school curriculum. It was similar to Brian’s situation when he helped the kids with their presentations or college work, though at least that was fun, Brian teaching their kids to be a miniature ad-exec in a sense while Justin helped them to create great graphics. If their children had any major presentations, they had both tried to be there in the audience watching. Just like the time they had went to Dove’s dissertation for her doctorate.

 

Simply put, high school was boring and just something he could pass through without hardly paying a lot of attention. At least he knows that SAT’s this time around will be less stressful for him and he would be able to score higher than 1500 on it, but that was not a concern for at least another year or so. All Justin did during school was go to class, finish the projects or exams then spent the rest of the time sketching or painting when he could be in the art studio. He simply let art take over him as he draw anything that interests him or he felt like. Most of the time it was something that had something to do with his family. His Brian and their children.  

 

Though there was one thing that he hadn’t dealt yet, which he had to do today. That was handle Daphne’s interrogation. Oh he was not going to tell her anything about time travel or how they were already married at least in terms of technicality as they have already exchange vows, and were planning their lives together. But he could tell her that he met someone special and let her know about the tentative plans he had made regarding his homelife. So that was exactly what he did. As she drove them home from school that Tuesday, he spilled.

 

He met a guy that weekend. His name was Brian, that he was older than them and already had a job. That he made him so much happier that he ever could imagine. Then when Daphne who was never really shy asked him, “did you sleep with him?”, he honestly said “Yes, and I can tell you that man is a god among all of us humans.” Thankfully though it looked like Daphne will love nothing more than to get his head checked for falling so deeply for some that he had only get met, she didn’t drag him to the doctor, instead just look at him with clear confusion and worry in her eyes.

 

Justin decide to ignore her for now and instead focus on telling her all about his upcoming trip to Harrisburg and also get her to help him open up his own personal bank account. Daphne was his best friend for a reason, and they both still love to play hide-and-seek. Since there was no time like the present, instead of taking right towards their houses, they took the left at the intersection till they reach the First Commonwealth Bank. A bank that their parents did not use. The one that Justin knew Brian also used for his personal accounts. Why, the manager was one of the numerous tricks of Brian Kinney but also had the brains to be in charge of money. Justin had met Brad in the future and he was a tall brunette just like most of Brian’s prefered tricks, but he had cared about the gay community and knew banking just as well as Ted knows about taxes.

 

But right now, in this time, Brad was not the manager yet, but he was one of the bankers that could make you an account. Justin will just have to play his card right and get him to be the one that he will see. So together with Daphne, he enter the bank, after taking the tie off his uniform and fixing his appearance a little so that he look a little older. Making sure his pants, hug his ass, at least just slightly. His ass was where all the men paid the most attention and it will make it more easier to get Brad to come his way. No gay man went could resist his bubble ass anyway.

 

***************************

 

To wake up and begin the day in a hotel, it was different. But at least he never had to fend for his meals, they were brought to him promptly in less than the time-frame they gave him when he ordered room service. That was a sign of good service and if that continues then this stay will be nice. As he walk out of the hotel, he could feel stares from all over, a side glance let him know that there were some men that were his type sending him interested stares. But none of them will ever be passable next to Justin. Why should he waste his time with something that he knows will next be the best, that was something that Brian in his Stud days will do. Not this Brian who was close to seventy, at least in terms of his mind.

 

As he was climbing out of the Jeep at Ryder’s parking, his cell phone rang so he picks it up as he enters the building.

 

“Kinney.”

 

 

“Brian? This is Adam.”

 

 

“Adam, so how much is this new problem you found going to cost me?”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“There is no reason to call unless there had been a problem with the renovation. So what is it?”

 

 

“You are a pessimist in some way I guess. No so far, no problem. It helps that at least you had not put up any walls, just enclose the bedroom area on your floor, it will be easiest one to finish. My guys already started the demolition and it is going well. I just called to ask what PO should I use for the job?”

 

 

“PO? Well personally I don’t care what the fuck you use, but if it was to be just use ‘TK Mansion.’ That will be at least get my accountant off my bag if he complain about unorganized receipts again.”

 

 

“No argument there on accountant’s need for organization. Well, I will keep you updated on the progress. I should know the exact time frame that it will take to finish in about a week or so.”

 

As he hang up on the phone with Adam, he let a small sigh out. At least the renovation seemed to be doing well. Now it was time to get all the other plans started. First thing was to deal with Ryder.

 

Marty Ryder, his boss who had betrayed him in his time by selling the agency rather than making him a partner, also the reason for that Vermont plans were ruined for him and Justin, one of the huge factors that led Justin to that cursed fiddler.  Brian never was a nice man, an asshole was exactly what he was, and if someone’s actions led to any kind of suffering to his family especially to Justin and his kids then it was game on.  As Justin said to him and his kids so many times, “Kinneys were a sleeping dragon that should not be awakened”.

 

Though he did not have any plans to hurt Ryder personally, it will be enough of a hit for Ryder, when Brian leave Ryder in order to start Kinnetik. He did not plan on staying once Gardner will purchase the firm. A nice fuck off to Gardner. Then, when Kinnetik takes away the position of being the number one ad agency away from Vanguard, that will be the ultimate blow, not to mention Kinnetik becoming one of the best on the East Coast. He plan on beating ‘Kennedy and Collins’ to get a spot as one of the big guns of New York eventually but that was the future of future plan. First he had to launch Kinnetik once again.

 

The meeting with Ryder went according to plan at least for Brian it went the way he wanted though not without learning a few surprising details. Ryder’s plan to sell the agency was a secret, just like it was before, but apparently it was still a secret from Marty’s wife, who happened to adore Brian. Therefore Ryder’s plan to never make Brian, a partner will not go so well received by Mrs.Ryder neither will the plan to sell the agency. Now, he as the ex-stud of Liberty Avenue, Brian was no one to give relationship advice to anyone, but you learnt a lot after spending 40 years together with a partner who was a WASP that also had princess fits when Justin acted like a lesbian twat. One of the things he learnt after being subjected to a couple of top-class fits was that if ever you have knowledge of something that could lead to an impact on your family, it was best to let your partner/spouse know as soon as possible. Better that dealing with an angry partner later when they learn the truth on top of all your other problems. But as he sees that Ryder was sweating at the thought of his wife finding out as well as the possible damage if the rumours of selling the agency starts to go around, Brian took the bait and went in for the kill.

 

The result, in exchange of not making a fuss about selling the agency nor the fact he would not be made a partner, Brian now had the ability to sign on clients with him as their executive ad-exec for their account if they wished to rather than with Ryder Advertising. This will allow Brian to built up his own personal client list with those accounts that is high paying and willing to follow him onto Kinnetik. Not to mention about 60% of the earning from his new personal accounts will go towards Brian. Welcome to five to six-figure bonuses add to his salary, after he paid bonuses to Cynthia and the staff.

 

Brian knew that Marty’s business accountant was a bit soft-hearted and a good friend of his boss, a bit like Ted but with none of his tax-saving CFO’s qualifications. So the official business accountant of Ryder will never let Marty know that even without the personal clients that he will gain, Brian already was responsible for over 50% of the company’s revenue. Marty’s agreement by default made Brian have the possibility of being responsible for close to 60 to 70% of the company’s revenue, a serious blow to Ryder’s company if Brian ever left the firm.

 

Brian Kinney was a shark when it came to making incredible ads as well as scoring clients, so he practically just add more thousands to his monthly income. These bonuses will be enough to get Brian’s some new furniture for the new building. A furnished unit will be able to be rented out for a higher price, not to mention the shelter on the second floor will need only the best things. Those kids that will find refuge would already have been in their personal hell on earth, their new life has to be comfortable, safe and surrounded by only the good things. The rest of this extra income will be used as retainer for the Kinney lawyers.

 

Looking at the clock, it was still 8. Time to get to work, he will start his Operation Britin when it was the designated hour. Till then it was time to go back to the world of advertising. But it was weird to work in silence. Kinnetik had been filled with sound of production or employees walking. At home, unless he was on a conference call, he tend to keep his study door slightly open. The sound of his family had help to inspire his work, and he had done some of his award-winning work with the background of Justin and his kid’s voices. Luckily, he already knew the solution, after all it was the same thing that he did when the loft had gotten too quiet like it was haunted. Taking out the CD he had burnt last night and put it in the small portable CD then press play. As the familiar melodies of “Fly me to the Moon,” Shawn’s lullaby, fills the room, he gathers all the papers around him and start his work.

 

****************************************

When Cynthia enter the office that day, she had decided that all the recent changes must have a very good reason. It was just a queen-out that was large enough to impact her boss’s work habits, and Michael and Deb must have went off on him for something that had pissed him off, that’s why they were on the message list. Though if she thought about it privately, she hopes that those two stay on that list for a while. Even she has been getting tired of taking phone calls filled with that whining voice.

 

But, when she sat her bag down and take a look into Brian’s office, once again she simply stare at the scene. A messy desk full of papers that were been quickly sorted into neat piles was a normal thing. What was not normal at all was music. There was music from a CD playing in the room. Brian Kinney was working while he had music playing in the background. When he had been always the one to prefer the quiet. Or maybe that had been a front. But romantic songs and children songs? That was just different. However summer advertisement were focused on love and children. He must be just getting the feel. And Cynthia would have believed that expect there was her boss, the asshole without a heart, Brian Kinney softly mouthing along to the lyrics of these old romantic songs then when a Disney, a Disney princess song came on, instead of being disgusted or frowning, he let a small smile appear on his face, as he kept on working.

 

She will not think about it any longer, otherwise she will be useless at her job. She will keep an eye on things, and if there were some real reason for concern, she will confront her boss, who was also like her friend, herself and ask what the problem was.

 

***************************************

When he puts down all of his paperwork on Cynthia’s desk with all forms signed, mockup designs ready for the art department, where she was talking with another assistant, the sight of Cynthia’s poker face being destroyed due to her gaping mouth made that clunch session worth it. Knowing what had happened in the future was a card that was playing out so well. He remember the advertisement, the companies went for, where the problems occurred with the public and so forth. So it had been quite easy to get his work done. Now it was up to the art department to finish the graphics before the pitch or get Ryder’s approval to get the ad ready to be in the market.

 

Glancing at the time on the digital clock on Cynthia’s desk, he was just in time. As his cellphone rang with their prom dance song, he picks up the call without bothering to hide his smile with a “Hello, Sunshine” then walk back to his office to start his official hour of pro-bono.

 

“Hello, Stud. Did you hear from Jerry or Mark yet?”

 

“I see that it is your lifestyle that is more important to you. Well, then have no fear, the building has a crew of hard-working sweaty man all over it as we speak.”

 

“Well, all those fine male specimens, wonder if anyone of them want to let me see them naked.”

 

“Is that what you were curious about? You sure do had me fooled.”

 

“There is nothing wrong with looking, besides none of them will touch me. Fuck, I can’t wait till I get out of this chicken hawk body.”

 

“No objections there, exploring new territories of a man’s body is a field I am an expert in.”

 

“That’s why I cannot wait. Speaking of hot bodies around the building, why don’t you sound interested in sampling the goods. Brain, our marriage is a proof that we love each other but it is not a shackle.”

 

“I know that very well, Justin. I’m just not interested.”

 

“Brian, I love you. All of you even the part that needs to go out and trick. I fell in love with the Stud of Liberty Avenue as well as the read Brian Kinney underneath it. Seriously, do not even make a damn excuse using me. So go to the loft, pick up a trick heck go to Babylon and spend time in the backroom and fuck your brain out.  ”

 

“Sunshine, listen to me. I’m only fucking this once. The sights in this town of Pittsburgh, hell even the entire world, is no competition against you. I am perfectly happy to be only fucking you, to being fucked by you. I am changing my life around this time, because I want to. Doing exactly what I want to do. Shit, after 40 years who should know that by now that I only ever do whatever the fuck I want. Brace yourself from now on you will have the complete attention of Brian Fucking Kinney, an honor that men are willing to die for. So take extra care with your body, because after six months, we are going to throw away the condoms then I will fuck you raw. Fuck you so hard and deep that I will claim that body, your cock, your bubble ass, all of them so that there are only mine. You will be only mine.”

 

“Shit, Brian you can’t say such thing over the freaking phone….”

 

“Allergies, Sunshine?”

 

“Shut up. Then I am saying it right now as well. Six months and your ass will be mine. Mine and only mine. I will share your beauty with the world through my art but not let anyone have a personal experience with you. So you better take care of your body. Don’t forget that you now have a 16-year old full of raging hormones that you need to fuck into the mattress.”

 

“I look forward to the beginning of our partnership. Now, the co-CEO of Britin Manor, I have a question for you. Due to a meeting with Marty Ryder this morning, I will now be making more money for a while till the launch of Kinnetik. Any objections using that money to get our lawyers as well as start my campaign for JTK?”

 

“How did you swing that? I thought it was going to be difficult to get a bit independant from him. No objections to the money but only after you tell me how you got that deal?”

 

“Well it is the old trick that works the best with any sucker in a relationship. I know your secret, if you don’t want me to tell the wifey, give me what I want.”

 

“I see, well any man his age will have a few skeletons, as long as it is not an illegal one.”

 

“He is not hiding anything criminal, just the fact that he is going to sell his agency, not to mention not going to give her favorite employee at her husband’s work, the position of a partner.”

 

“That’s his own hole to dig himself out of. Bri, have you talk to your Pops yet? Don’t push it off till it's too late but also only do it when you are ready.”

 

 

“Sunshine, I will go when I think I can, but till then I’m going to email photos of your painting and a couple of sketches to the galleries in Pittsburgh. Get ready to hear about a bidding war, because if they have any sense as a curator, they will be particularly panting at the thought of having the first painting of JTK in their gallery.”

 

“Brian, rather than my debut, focus on the lawyers. We need to have all of them with us when we need it. I’m seriously doubting how well the next year will go at Chez Taylor. I want a backup ready just in case. Not to mention your nephews, if that Dickhard is hurting them, they need to be out of there as quickly as we can.”

 

“Don’t worry I will get started on Team Kinney lawyers along with JTK campaign. Make sure  to watch your back Sunshine. I want to know immediately if that son of a bitch is making any kind of trouble around you.”

 

“Brian, I survived the streets of New York. I can handle myself. There is the bell. I better hurry. I do not want to get any of the teachers against me so soon. Especially Dixon.”

 

“Later, Sunshine.”

 

“Later, Stud.”

 

“I love you forever and always."

 

“You too.”

 

***********************************

After hanging up on the phone call with Brian, he got off the bench in the middle of the school ground.

 

“Ahmn,” Turning to the direction of the sound, he knows that there will be no longer anyway to stop the interrogation heading his way. Daphne must have heard the last bit of their conversation. The displeasure on her face was clear. Justin talking to someone while hiding from her, it did not sit well with her at all. Though the sound of the bell ringing around them might postpone the conversation for a bit, he would have to let Daphne at least talk to Brian soon otherwise the amount of pleading he will have to do in the future will increase. Especially when Daphne eventually meet Brian, though he did not plan on it a year in the future.

 

“Come on, Daph. Let’s go to class,” picking up his bag he starts to walk towards the school building. Then not wanting to brood or think too much, he decides to tell her. “We exchanged numbers so I can talk to someone that was like me who already went through it. Besides, he is a good man. I know, I know that I only met him just once. So I’m being careful, I didn’t tell him where I go to school or where I live. I will even let you talk to him tomorrow.”

 

He was not lying to her. There was no need for him to tell Brian who he was or where he lived since he already knew that. In this life, they did only meet once, the rest was spending time together. As Daphne’s face of displeasure seems to be changing to a more calm expression, he guess that she was not as mad as before.

 

He could not wait till he was away from Pittsburgh, in Harrisburg with his grandparents who did not know his daily habits that well, he will be able to act more freely as long as it look like a behaviour of a WASP teenager.