- Text Size +

 

 

 

                Tuesday

 

“What is that noise?” Justin bitched to himself. The sun wasn’t even up yet but he could hear banging on one of the cabins’ external doors. It wasn’t his cabin but close enough for him to hear voices. He opened his bedroom door and walked out, finding most of his campers gathered around a window looking out.

“Oh god, what is she doing here?” Michael groaned. Justin could see how stiff he was standing.

“It’s obvious isn’t it. Someone called her and told her little Mikey needed his mommy,” sneered Brian.

They were all still looking out the window and no one had noticed him yet.

“Oh no, I think this might be my fault. Rodney let me use the camp’s phone, I thought she should know,” Emmett said. Justin couldn’t see his face, but he saw him raise his hand to cover his mouth.

“How could you? You know what she’s like,” Michael whined.

Justin couldn’t stand not knowing what they were talking about, so he stepped further into the room.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

“Little Mikey’s mommy is here to kiss his booboo’s,” Brian said with a smirk. At first Justin thought Brian’s nonchalant attitude about Michael’s injuries and how he received them when they got back was cold, but he had figured it out. Brian was trying to make everything as normal for Michael as possible. Michael wanted everything to be the same and Brian was doing just what he asked.

“I THINK IT’S THIS ONE!” a female voice yelled just before there was rapid banging on their cabin door.

“Don’t let her in,” Michael pleaded.

“She’ll wake the whole camp if I don’t,” Justin said.

Justin opened the door and was greeted by the sight of a panicked woman in brightly colored clothes and red hair.

“Can I help you?” he asked.

“I was told my baby was in here from that cabin over there,” she said pointing at Ash Cabin.

“Ma’am, I’m sorry but we don’t allow uninvited people on campgrounds,” he said, hearing a snicker from behind him, probably from Brian.

“Son, you really don’t want to get in between her and her cub,” a male voice said.

Justin looked over and saw a tired looking older man smile wanly at him. Next to him was a woman clearly in middle of her transition. She had hair similar to the woman in front of him.

A sigh came from behind him. “Just let them in,” Michael said.

Justin knew he was beat, so he opened the door wider and let the three outsiders in. When he turned around, she saw his oldest camper quickly putting on his pants over his boxers he had been sleeping in.

“Ma, why did you come out here? And why is Kiki here?” Michael asked.

“You know my car wouldn’t make this trip; it’s already overheating. Kiki was nice enough to offer to bring us.”

Kiki snorted. “I wasn’t given much of a choice. She threatened to give me the midnight to eight am shift for the next month if I didn’t.”

“Baby let me look at you. That animal, I can’t believe he hit you. When I get my hands on him, I’ll kill him.”

“Ma just leave it alone. David is out of my life now.”

“What about your stuff?” she asked.

“He said that he’s going to be out of town for the week I get back, I can ‘pick my shit up’ then.”

“Animal,” the older woman said again.

“Just drop it, Ma. As you can see, I’m perfectly fine.”

Justin went to shut the door but saw Uncle Dan headed their way. This wasn’t going to be good. Uncle Dan was a stickler for the rules.

“Justin, what in the hell is going on? Morris came and told me some insane woman was banging on cabin doors looking for one of our campers.”

“Well, it seems one of our campers’ mother is here.”

Uncle Dan stepped inside the cabin and looked at the intruders. “I’m sorry but unauthorized people can’t be in the cabins.”

Justin noticed the younger woman stop scowling at the older woman and look wide-eyed at Uncle Dan.

“Dad?”

The whole room grew quiet and Uncle Dan looked as though he might pass out.

“Kenny,” Uncle Dan said with so much emotion its broke Justin’s heart.

“It’s Kiki now, Dad,” the woman said. Justin could tell this was the moment of truth for both of them. He knew how much Uncle Dan wanted his child back, but Kiki didn’t know that.

“Kiki? I like it, it’s pretty, suits you.”

And just like that the invisible wall was gone and Kiki was hugging Uncle Dan. Everyone else stood awkwardly around while the estranged family reunited.

Uncle Dan seemed to notice everyone around them. He coughed. “Alright, it’s almost dawn. Why don’t our guests stay for breakfast and maybe a little longer, if that’s alright with our guests.”

“That’s fine, we all took the day off. Eddy can handle the diner without me for one day,” the older woman said.

“And this was already my day off, which is how Debbie bullied me into driving her here,” Kiki said.

“Oh hush, thank you for letting us stay,” the woman, Debbie said.

Kiki and Uncle Dan left, probably to talk and hopefully work things out. Justin watched, trying not to laugh when Debbie started to wash Michael’s face with her own spit and her finger. Even his mother before the great kicking out wouldn’t have tried that.

“Ma, quit it.”

“Maybe we should leave these men be and let them get ready for the day. I can see the sun rising,” the older man with her said.

“Yeah, Ma, listen to Uncle Vic. The cafeteria opens in a few minutes, breakfast won’t be ready for another half an hour, but we’ll meet you there,” Michael said.

“I don’t know where it is,” Debbie said.

“I can show you, miss,” Carl said.

“Oh, well thank you,” Debbie said, smiling at Carl like a teenager.

Justin snorted by the narrowed gaze by Michael while Emmett looked like it was greatest love story every unfolding in front of him. After their visitors and Carl left, Justin went back to his room, leaving Michael bitching about his mother and uncle coming to the camp.

He quickly got dressed for the day and posted the day’s activities on the activity board. When he left the cabin, Michael was still bitching about his mother. Once he was clear of the cabin, he went in search of Daphne. She was usually up this early doing yoga with Ben. He found them right where he thought they would be.

“Yoga my ass,” he said, making them both jump. They were in the entertainment lounge on one of the couches stuffing their faces with doughnuts and coffee.

“Busted,” Daphne said after she swallowed a bit of her sugary treat.

“Is this what you two do every morning? I knew you two lied.”

“We didn’t lie. This is only for Tuesdays and Fridays,” Ben said, looking offended at being called a liar.

“Why didn’t you ever invite me? I like doughnuts and coffee.”

Daphne and Ben gave each other a meaningful look, it was pissing him off.

“Justin, you are my best friend in the world, you know, that right?”

He looked at Daphne with narrowed eyes. “Yeah.”

“Well, you’re a little bit of a drama queen in the mornings.”

“How dare you. I’m up every morning with a smile on my face with campers.”

“Are you, really?” Ben asked.

“Meaning?”

“Wasn’t it you just yesterday who told one of your campers that if they didn’t stop making noise you would set the cabin on fire?”

Justin looked down guiltily. “I might’ve.”

“And wasn’t that camper a police officer?” Daphne asked.

“Maybe.”

Carl had been less than pleased but he had gotten his things for the day and left. Before he did, he said that Justin was lucky his daughter wasn’t an early riser either. He knew he had to do better but sue him, he wasn’t a morning person.

“But maybe I would be better in the morning if someone offered me coffee and doughnuts.”

Ben sighed. “It’s wasn’t a slight against you, Justin. We just decided to go to Beth’s over by the highway one morning in the beginning of the summer. We just didn’t think it was someone that you would enjoy.”

“Why not?” he demanded. He knew he sounded childish but didn’t understand why they wouldn’t involve him.

“Justin, this is just supposed to be a relaxing time where Ben and I talk. We talk about university, he gives me tips about what classes to take, I help him with things that bother him. It’s just when you’re in the room, it’s like the ‘All about Justin’ show.”

Pain from the stab in the back settled over him, but then his temper got the better of him. “Fine, I didn’t know. Well, you’ll be happy to know the show just got canceled. Have a great Tuesday and Friday morning.” He turned on his heel and left. He knew it was his hurt feelings that took over, but he was too upset to turn back.

 

 


 

Brian smirked at Debbie started to seriously cut up Michael’s waffles at breakfast. It was something she never even did at the diner. Brian guessed it was her being worried about him. Brian thoughts ran to his mother. If he were in Michael’s position, she would probably say it was God’s wrath. Not that his mother knew he was gay. His father had died knowing because Brian had told him. It didn’t go over well and that was one of his last memories of the old man. His sister was the only one that knew about him, not that she cared one way or the other.

“Ma, don’t you think you should be going back home now?” Michael asked.

“Kiki wants to spend the rest of the morning and lunch with her dad. It’s no trouble for me and Vic. Vic’s going to get some sun in the pool, and I’ll go with you during your classes.”

“Oh god,” Michael muttered.

Brian laughed and got up and left. He was looking for the blond counselor who had disappeared after Debbie showed up before sunrise.

It didn’t take long to find him; he was back in their cabin. Justin was pacing the area between his own room and the bunk room.

“Something wrong?” Brian asked.

Justin jumped a little but covered it after a moment. “I’m fine, just realized my friends don’t want to spend time with me.”

“Oh, I guess I’ll leave you alone to cry.”

“I wasn’t crying,” Justin said, looking highly offended.

“Sure,” he said shrugging, it wasn’t his problem.

“You fucked Blue right?”

“Blue?” He didn’t remember fucking anyone blue.

“He’s a counselor here, he’s got a shaved head.”

“Oh, yeah.”

“So, is that something you do? Have sex with people and not care who?”

“I always care who. They have to be hot.”

“What about me?” he asked.

Brian saw so many red flags in this. This twink was not a hit it and quit it type, there would be problems. But his dick was doing the thinking for him at the moment. “You’re hot.”

That was all he said before Justin launched himself at him, kissing him roughly. It was a kiss that Brian easily took control over. Brian walked Justin into the counselor’s bedroom without breaking the kiss. He know he would probably regret this, so he was determined to make it one of his top ten fucks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued.
Neverbreeze is the author of 9 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Camp Moonlight also liked 676 other stories.