- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

I sat on his couch while Brian became all business. It was a transition I’ve done when I go to work. He had to watch someone who was his friend treat it as if it didn’t matter that he was hurting Emmett. 

 

“I feel awful for that poor girl, who did nothing but believe in her fiance.” Michael tells the reporter when asked why he was willing to talk.

 

“Emmett most likely just saw sleeping with a man who was engaged as funny. He’s never understood commitment and what it means to the people involved in a relationship.” 

 

“I want to support Emmett, but I just can’t when he has caused this woman so much pain.” 

 

“Turn it off Ted.” Emmett begged.

 

“We don’t need to see any more.” Brian tells Ted.

 

“How could do that, he makes it sound like I thought ruining Drew was fun and games.” Emmett asks.

 

“Emmett, it’s his bid for the attention that he isn’t getting from Brian.” Grampy tells him.

 

“But he’s telling people that…”

 

“He’s wants his minute that Brian wouldn’t give him, only I don’t think he understands that this wasn’t the way to go about it.” Grampy tells him.

 

“Emmett, no one is your friend right now. I’m using you to help Drew, remember that.” Brian tells him.

 

“You are my friend, you're telling me what you're doing.” Emmett tells him.

 

“I always will, but with Sierra and Michael talking, it’s going to be time for you and Drew to do an interview. It needs to look like a love that couldn’t stay hidden.” Brian tells them.

 

“I don’t know if it’s love, everything was just kind of happening.” Emmett tells him.

 

“Is he the person you see in your life twenty, thirty years from now, or even when you take your last breath? It’s how I knew my Helen was the one when she tripped into me.” Grampy asks him.

 

I thought about that, do I see Brian as the person I want with me until the end of time? What makes him more than just someone I’m attracted to? When he walked into the kitchen tonight I could tell that he was treading lightly, but I grew up with Grampy, who wasn’t always able to be at dinner, but Grampy showed up to anything important, regardless of what was going on in his boardroom. I have a feeling that Gus will have that too, because I think I’m falling in love with a man who puts the people he loves first. Holy hell, I love him? I looked up and see Grampy smiling at me, he knew.

 

BRIAN

 

“Deb is going to kill him.” Ted tells us.

 

“For once, Michael will have to deal with the things he does to himself.” I tell Ted.

 

Watching what Michael did to Emmett puts him as someone I don’t want in my life. Sitting there watching him just caused him to become ugly, in a way someone who would betray anyone becomes. 

 

“I can’t go back to Deb’s.” Emmett tells us.

 

“I don’t want anything to do with that family again.” Drew tells him.

 

Warren turned from looking at Justin, and I looked at Justin because Warren seemed happy to see something, which I didn’t think would be possible with the mess Drew had gotten in. Justin looked different for some reason, but I couldn’t figure it out.

 

“Drew you don’t punish people who didn’t do anything. Deb loves Brian, Emmett, and Ted like her sons, and you can’t expect Emmett to push her out for something Michael did.” Warren tells them.

 

“What do we do about this?” Emmett asks me.

 

“You're going to sit next to Drew and act like Michael is someone who saw a way to get in the spotlight by using your acquaintance, not friendship.” I tell him.

 

“But I used to live with him and party with him.” Emmett tells us.

 

“You lived with a roommate, paid the rent, and took the closeted roommate out, because you don’t believe in hiding who you are.” I tell him.

 

“You're telling me to make it sound like we weren’t close friends.” He tells Brian.

 

“Are you really, after Michael did that to you?” Ted asks him.

 

“It’s late and I don’t see anything that can be done until morning, so why not go home and we’ll give Brian’s team time to work on how to deal with this tomorrow?” Warren tells us.

 

“Emmett if you want to come with me, you can use the extra room in my house.” Ted tells him.

 

“No, I want Emmett with me.” Drew tells us all.

 

Emmett’s only response was to go with Drew. Maybe I’m wrong, but I just know that if I’d met Justin, any relationship I had would have ended, because you don’t hide who you love from the world… and you don’t hide that you love, either.

 

“You're figuring it out aren’t you?” Warren tells me and Justin. “Ted, let's go get some coffee and pancakes before going home, we need to talk about this problem you have with asthma.” He tells Ted, who started to breathe like Justin taught him, after Warren invited him to a late diner grease fest.

 

Justin closed my door and dimmed my lights. I waited for him to come to me. He didn’t say anything, but walked by and took off his shirt. I followed him and let him take off my shirt. We stared at each other as we undressed and I saw what I wanted to eventually hear from him in his eyes, and let him see it in mine. Justin pushed me down on the sofa and straddled my lap, and tangled his tongue with mine. I grabbed a condom out of my wallet and threw it next to us. Right now, just feeling his skin touching mine was more erotic. Running my hands down his pale skin and seeing how it looked next to my darker skin made him almost glow. Justin covered me and raised himself to join us, and at that moment I was no longer thinking, but lost in the sensation that being with him was. When I tried to move he shook his head and held my shoulders as he rode me. I’ve never seen anything more beautiful to me then him taking care of me. Just after that thought I couldn’t think, but only feel. 

 

“I get what my Grampy and Granny told me.” He whispers when we were laying besides each other later.

 

“What?” I ask.

 

“That you just know sometimes, that it doesn’t have to be something, that it’s not all fireworks, sometimes it’s just seeing someone.” He tells me yawning.

 

“Sometimes you just marry the love of your life without knowing it.” I whispered when he fell asleep.

 

JUSTIN

 

I woke up and realized that we need to get back to the loft. Grabbing clothes and taking a moment to look at Brian before I woke him, I realized he wants this as much as I do. 

 

“Is there some reason you’re getting dressed?” He asks without opening his eyes.

 

“Yes, because I need bacon, just don’t tell Grampy.” I tell him putting on my clothes.

 

“I want to pick Gus up, I told him I would for breakfast.” He tells me, getting up and putting on his clothes.

 

“I guess we take my car, you know maybe think about a car that could have more than you and one other person in it.” I tell him.

 

“Why, you have one that we could use when it’s more than you and me.” He tells me, going in the bathroom.

 

“Do you want to talk about Michael?” I ask him.

 

“No, but when I do, I promise it’s you I want to talk to.” He tells me.

 

I realize that he wasn’t not talking, he was just not sure how he really felt about the whole thing. When we went to get Gus, there was no disguising how he felt, because that was just love in it’s purest form. Everything was great until we got to the diner. 

 

“No, we aren’t going in there.” He tells me.

 

“Tell me where to go and we’ll go.’ I tell him.

 

“We can go to the bakery down the road. Michael isn’t going to get attention for this, at least not the attention he thinks he’ll get from this.” Brian tells me.

 

Michael was standing on the sidewalk waiting for Brian to get out of the car. I’m really confused about how he could think that Brian would be jumping out to talk to someone who was making Brian’s job harder.