- Text Size +

MICHAEL

 

I looked up from my comic book to see my father come in the door.

 

“I really don’t need another lecture on how I’m losing everything.” I tell him.

 

“You know it, so there isn’t much I can add to it.” He tells me.

 

“Why bother, when you couldn’t most of my life.” I tell him.

 

“It’s a family trait, we have a hard time giving up. Which Deb has, so I’m here in hopes that you’ll see you need to make up with the woman who raised you.” He tells me.

 

“She doesn’t want to see me.” I tell him, returning to my comic.

 

“So you just give up, why am I surprised? So you're sitting here reading a comic.” He tells me.

 

“I figured I should do the one thing that never disappointed me.” I tell him.

 

“While disappointing everyone who should matter to you. Why do you think you stumble at every road block?” He asks.

 

“I didn’t have the advantages of a good education.” I tell him sarcastically.

 

“Did you even work to get those advantages? It seems like you're drifting through life expecting everyone to clear everything out of your path.” He tells me sitting down when I just wanted him to leave me the hell alone.

 

“I had friends at one time, and now it seems like no one gives a shit about me.” I tell him.

 

“What have you done to make them want to? You seem to see them as the only way you can accomplish anything. They all worked for what they have, Michael. I look at Brian, who from what little he says about his past, doesn’t use it to excuse anything. If half of what I heard is true, he has more of a reason to be bitter than any of you.” He tells me.

 

“He’s just always makes what he wants happen.” I tell him, uncomfortable with this conversation.

 

“Does he ever do something if he doesn’t want to?” He asks me.

 

“Brian would never do something if he didn’t want to.” I tell him.

 

“So why were you trying to convince him what he decided was wrong?” He asks me.

 

“He never wanted the whole marriage and family.” I tell him.

 

“A lot of people say things like that when they don’t see it as something they could have.” He tells me.

 

“He could have always had it.” I tell him.

 

“I think he found who he wanted to have it with, and Michael, it wasn’t going to be you.” He tells me.

 

“Why does everyone always think I’m still pining for Brian?” I ask, tired of people not seeing that I moved on.

 

“Possibly because most people in your position would be trying to figure out how to save their marriage, not running around trying to run Brian’s life. You and Lindsay make quite the team.” He tells me.

 

“Ben walked away, and like Brian always said, you don’t chase anyone.” I tell him.

 

“What does Michael Novotny say?” He asks me.

 

“What do you mean?” I ask.

 

“I’m just wondering if you ever had a belief that Brian didn’t tell you.” He tells me.

 

JUSTIN

 

I was running late coming home, it was the worst time for this. Brian needed to get to work and here I am causing him to be late. I jumped out of my car and ran into the house to find him on the floor with Gus and Joseph. Kayla was playing a game on the computer.

 

“I’m so sorry.” I tell him.

 

“Why?” He asks me.

 

“You told me that you needed to work today, I ended up staying to help when they were short, which isn’t an excuse. I should have just come home.” I tell him.

 

“Guys, I’ll be right back.” Brian tells them, getting up and pulling me into the kitchen.

 

“I promise I’ll do better.” I tell him, pissed at myself for not being where I was supposed to be.

 

“Justin, we both know there are going to be times when work is going to make being on time not possible. We are doing this together, which means it’s not all on your shoulders.” He tells me.

 

“But…” He stops me.

 

“Justin, why were you late?” He asks.

 

“There was a car accident and they were short staffed.” I tell him, calming down.

 

“So you weren’t out having a spa day?” He asks, smirking.

 

“You told me you needed to work, and your business is just as important.” I tell him.

 

“I handled it, I have Ted and Cynthia bringing everything over, so you can sleep while we watch the kids. Hunter agreed to come over too, in case the kids need something.” He tells me.

 

“What am I doing?” I ask, kissing his chin.

 

“You are going to go upstairs and take a nap, then we are going to make dinner and eat with our kids.” He tells me.

 

“We are?” I ask smiling.

 

“Yes, I think that six years should be seen as an achievement. We can celebrate with the kids.” He tells me.

 

“What?” I ask.

 

“I have something for you.” He tells me pulling a box out of his pocket.

 

He opens up the box and in it is a ring on a necklace. “I didn’t want you to have to take it off.” He tells me.

 

“I didn’t get you anything.” I tell him. 

 

“I think a son and daughter was a pretty great gift, but don't feel like you have to stop there. Oh one more thing.” He tells me. 

 

“What Mr Kinney?” I ask. 

 

“That's Taylor-Kinney, and I kick ass as a husband.” He tells me, leaving the kitchen.

 

BRIAN 

 

I could tell the minute he ran in that he felt like shit for being late, but we knew these thing could happen. I could have been angry that he didn’t call, but his job isn't one where he can tell someone bleeding out, “Hold on I need to call my husband.” 

 

I guess I could have told him Daphne called to see if Callie could spend the night, if Justin and I didn't have plans. Which led to why we would. So yes, I had to be told too.

 

After Ted and Cynthia left, I sat around watching Hunter with the kids. It's a different side to him, instead of the smart mouth brat, there was the big brother who was interested in everything they wanted to do. Justin came down and told the kids it was time to figure out dinner. Hunter sat down, smiling as they ran after him.

 

“It’s like I always thought it should be. “ He said.

 

“I used to think it wasn't something I deserved.” I tell him, understanding what he was saying.

 

“Everyone deserves it, but sometimes it's not in the cards.” He tells me. 

 

“Why not? I managed it, and I doubt anyone would have thought I could.” I tell him. 

 

“I'm never going to get that.” He tells me, pointing at the kids surrounding Justin.

 

“A home, husband or in your case wife, family?” I ask.

 

“Yeah.” He tells me, shrugging.

 

“Why not, don’t use HIV, because children don’t have to be yours to be yours. A partner means finding the one that accepts you for who you are, and a home is the people who love you, not the roof over your head.” I tell him.

 

“It’s just having to start every relationship I’ll ever have with, ‘I have HIV’, tends to have people running.” He tells me.

 

“Then you wait for the person who won’t run. Hunter, you aren’t the only one with something that could kill you.” I tell him.

 

“You don’t…”

 

“No, but I had cancer and I still have years before I’m considered clear. Justin knows and he isn’t saying ‘sorry but I’d rather have a man who doesn’t have the chance of dealing with cancer again’. He just sees me.” I tell him.

 

“How come nobody knows about it?” He asked me.

 

“Because if I said anything it became more real and more frightening.” I tell him.

 

“You should have told someone.” He tells me.

 

“I should have, but at the time I thought I could handle it. Ted ended up having to know, and I found out that I had a friend I never knew I had. Hunter, you're going to find out who the real people in your life are, because they are going to be the ones who don’t hold your hand but stand by you.” I tell him. “One day you're going to find a person who sees only you, grab it and don’t let it go for anyone.” I tell him.

 

“You fell in love with him?” He asks me.

 

“In a way I think I was waiting for him to show up.” I tell him.

 

“I swear I need to record this, no one is going to believe Brian Kinney is ridiculously romantic.” He tells me, dodging the pillow I threw.

 

I went to get the door, rolling my eyes at Hunter making kissing noises and found Mel standing there with Jenny. 

 

“Hey, I already decided to adopt two kids, but you know, a lesbian with baby are not in the plans.” I tell her.

 

“Can it asshole. I’m here to help Hunter, and you are taking your husband out for the night.” She tells me, handing me Jenny.

 

“So Jenny are you coming with me?” I ask as she gurgles.

 

“No, I just realized that even Jenny is part of the Kinney fan club, which a few years ago would have had me jumping off a cliff, but now means that I can hand you the screaming bundle.” She tells me, smirking.

 

“Stupid question but isn’t this…” 

 

“Of course, but apparently he’s decided that with Ben leaving him, that he can’t be a full time father. So I figured I could celebrate victory by spoiling my son and daughter with attention, and hoping to turn all your children into my minions.” She tells me.

 

“Hey Mel… Mama!!... Ms Mel.” Came from every direction.

 

“So you and Justin want to go somewhere while I poison the kids against you?” She asks me.

 

I didn’t have to be asked twice. I took the spatula out of Justin’s hand gave it to Hunter and pulled Justin behind me. Then stopped and ran and kissed Mel for well, all the sex I was about to have.

 

I think we barely got into the loft dressed, and didn’t even make it past the kitchen counter, as we attacked each other. He pushed me against the refrigerator, pulling down the sweats that I ran out in. The warmth of his mouth was all I could ask for, but the twirl of his tongue showed me I could ask for everything and he would find away to give it to me. I pulled him up and backed him onto the kitchen table, laying him down so I could feast on him. I kissed each thigh then ran my tongue over his cock before taking his balls into my mouth, then going lower because I knew he loves when I tease him before entering him. Putting my fingers into his mouth, I let him get them wet and then entered him with each finger as he sat up and pulled me to him and sealed his lips over mine. He handed me something and I smiled as I lubed up and entered him. It was when I was seated to the hilt that I realized what wasn’t there.

 

“Justin.” I made him stop and look at me.

 

“All my test are clean and so are yours.” He tells me.

 

“Are you sure?” I ask him.

 

“As long as there isn’t anyone else, yes.” He tells me, pulling me to him.

 

We started to move and when I felt my orgasm, I rode through it until I felt him release on my chest. I helped him off the table and into the shower. 

 

“How are you sure I was clean?” I ask him.

 

“I pulled a Grampy and called someone, I wanted to give you the gift of being my first.” He tells me.

 

“You were mine too.” I tell him.