- Text Size +

 

The Quarterback and the Chef

Chapter 7

The afternoon wore on; the family was having a grand time. Drew purposely took a back seat to Emmett. He loved watching the excited queen repeat in detail the first time he laid eyes on the cottage. Emmett's enthusiasm was infectious; the family enjoyed hearing the story, repeatedly. Father Tom had been invited to the party and he blessed the new cottage.

While it was still fairly light, the family all pitched in to clean up Emmett and Drew's yard. The chairs and tables were folded and neatly leaned up against the side of the house. John would pick them up the next day. The family began the leisurely stroll back up the lane to Edna's Treasures.

Within the comfort of the sun porch, the remaining family sat. They exchanged gossip, updated each other on their lives, enjoyed each other's company. It was obvious to all that the rift between Brian and Michael had somehow mended. By the time Ben and Michael were ready to drive home, Michael was his old happy self. Ben was much relieved.

Briana, feeling tired, had crawled up into her Dada's lap and began to doze off. Patrick, who had made himself comfortable in Bobby's lap was soon to follow his cousin into la la land. The young Anderson had discovered that 'dumb' girls had the same, if not more energy than boys. While Patrick was enjoying tossing a ball back and forth with his dads and Gus, Brian took out a soccer ball and began to give Bree some rudimentary lessons in soccer. The little blond had inherited her Daddy's strong legs and via 'osmosis' she inherited Brian's coordination with the soccer ball. The family marveled with awe at Brian. Most had forgotten how he had gotten himself into college on a soccer scholarship. They were amazed at his physical prowess, all but Justin and Lindsay that is. Justin knew that Brian was probably in better shape now than he was in his younger days. Little booze, no drugs and maybe one cigarette per year, can change a guy. Brian was determined to age with grace, style and not without a fight. Lindsay remembered watching Brian on the soccer field during their college days. To her, Brian was just as graceful and as athletic. Bree loved the activity and that it was something just she and her Dada could share. Brian hugged her little body close.

Slowly each member of the family bid their goodnights. Jennifer and Joan who had come together drove back together, but not before Jennifer gave Emmett the key to his new building. Emmett began jumping up and down as he escorted the ladies to their car.

Rachel, George and their girls knew the way home by heart even in the dark; however, Beau took it upon himself to make sure they were safely tucked indoors. He patrolled their grounds before heading back home.

As the rest of the family began to slowly drive down the lane back toward the Pitts, Brian was tucking in his sleeping princess. At the other end of the cottage, John was tucking in his little prince. Justin was helping Nick and Hunter adjust the screen to allow more room and yet still retain privacy. Hunter took every opportunity to taunt Justin. Justin did his best to ignore the jibes. Bobby was fishing out a flashlight to give to Emmett and Drew so they could walk back to their cottage without stumbling in the dark.

"Drew, honey, should we brave the path or walk the lane?" Emmett asked his partner.

"The lane will be safer. I never realized how dark it is up here at night. In the city there are lights on every street," Drew commented.

"The county hasn't gotten around to putting any lights on our lane," Brian added.

"Why is that?" Emmett asked.

"Our lane is more of a private driveway than a street. That's why the street lights end at the turnoff. We have the lamps by the door on a timer so that they go on automatically. John installed a timer for your front lights too," Brian told them.

"I also installed a timer for your sprinkler system," John contributed. He knew that Brian was miffed that Emmett and Drew were more concerned with fucking rather than the flowerbeds. John smiled at the irony of it all. "When I pick up the tables tomorrow afternoon, I'll make sure the timers are on. Since you boys won't be up here full time, you may want to put a couple of your indoor lights on a timer too. It'll give the cottage that lived in look."

Drew and Emmett agreed with that suggestion. They always had a small lamp turned on in the loft when they were both out for the night.

Brian, Justin, John and Bobby walked Drew and Emmett out to the lane. Drew turned on the flashlight. Beau began to dance around them.

"Beau, go with them," John commanded the big dog. "Make sure they get home in one piece. Protect!" Beau let out a loud bark. He took his job very seriously. The friends said goodnight then followed Beau down the lane.

*****

"I had a fabulous day!" Emmett gushed as he and his man showered together, washing away the dust of the day. They kissed as they lathered up the other's body, teasing each other in the process.

"So did I, Babe," Drew purred. The warm water and Emmett's strong hands on his skin were making Drew feel wonderfully relaxed. "Emm, baby, let's practice your end run tonight."

"Whatever you say, Drewsie, you're the coach," Emmett replied. The lovers stepped out of their shower, taking the time to thoroughly dry each other.

"Time for you to take the ball and execute a forward pass, Babe," Drew murmured as he handed Emmett condoms and the lube then he positioned himself with his ass high up in the air. "It's first and goal, baby, time to drive it home."

As Emmett began to prepare himself, he heard Drew begin his commentary.

"Hut one, hut two. The center makes the snap..." Emmett ripped open the condom packet and began to roll the latex onto his cock.

"The quarterback takes the snap..." Emmett lubed up his cock then positioned himself behind his lover.

"He's looking for an opening..." Emmett slowly began to push the head of his cock into Drew's tight hole.

"He sees his man open, he makes the throw..." Emmett sunk himself balls deep into his lover.

"Touchdown!"

*****

"How are you feeling, baby?" Nick softly asked Hunter as they snuggled under the sheets of the big brass bed. The moonlight was streaming through the porch windows. Beau was still out on patrol in the gardens. They watched as he sniffed the air for any possible threats.

"I'm feeling better than I have for weeks. I'm so glad we came up here. It's just what I need."

"I'm glad too. We both need the break. I had fun today. How about you?"

"Mmm, it was great. Emmett was practically flying; he was so happy and proud," Hunter replied. The lovers were quiet for a while.

"Nick, do you think I'll live long enough to retire to a cottage with a white picket fence?"

Nick gasped and his eyes filled with tears. He began to feather kisses all over Hunter's face. "You will, baby, you have to; I'll make you live." Nick gathered his lover into his arms, holding him close. "Hunter, I want to have a commitment ceremony. Nothing fancy, just us and Father Tom, if he'll do it. Please say yes, Hunter."

"Yes, Hunter," Hunter joked. "Yes," Hunter repeated more seriously. "I love you, Dr. Nick."

"I love you, Baby."

*****

"Bri? You and Michael okay again?" Justin asked as he swirled his tongue around the head of Brian's dick.

"Justin, a discussion regarding Michael at this time will make my dick go soft," Brian grumbled.

"I won't allow it," Justin said confidently, while fisting Brian's cock. "I want a ride to the top tonight."

"And what makes you think you can top me, little boy?"

"This..." Justin forced Brian's thighs apart, sucking at his balls, laving the tight pucker. Justin slicked up a finger with spit then thrust it deep into his lover. He found the sought after gland, tapping against it. Brian arched up then shot his cum deep into Justin's hot mouth. As Brian came down to earth, Justin slicked up his cock then drove it into Brian's ass. Justin angled himself so that every thrust hit Brian's sweet spot. The lovers came together in a cacophony of grunts and groans.

"So what do you think now?" Justin asked smugly as he rolled off of Brian. He kissed Brian's shoulder to soften his snark.

"I think you are the only man in the world that could ever top me," Brian purred contentedly as he gathered his top into his arms, placing Justin's head on his chest next to his heart. "The only man for me," Brian whispered into the blond hair as they both fell asleep.

*****

Emmett awoke with a start. It was early Sunday morning and sunlight was streaming into the bedroom of his new home with the white picket fence. He smiled, looking around at his new bedroom. He hugged himself. This place already felt like home. Then he frowned as the uneasy feeling that had awakened him returned. He felt like someone was watching him.

He glanced over at Drew who was sleeping peacefully beside him. Emmett's cock stiffened at the memory of topping Drew the night before. That had really been something, the perfect end to a perfect day. His gap toothed grin was glorious, but it didn't begin to convey the happiness in his heart.

A gentle early morning breeze blew across the bed, and he turned to look out the open window. His heart stopped and rose in his throat. A blood curdling scream erupted from his lungs.

Drew sat up with a jolt as Emmett's scream yanked him into the here and now. "What the fuck!"

"Th...the…there…there," Emmett stammered pointing at the open window, fear written all over his face. "A bear, a w…wolf, a m…monster!" he gasped.

Drew started to laugh. Emmett glared at him from behind the sheet that he clutched up around his neck for protection.

"What are you l…laughing at?" he demanded.

"That's Beau," Drew said softly, realizing just how scared his partner was. He pulled Emmett into his arms and held him close. Emmett trembled against his chest. "That's John's dog. You remember the puppy from Christmas. He was barking at the door when we went to the cottage. Brian had him by the collar. He walked us home last night."

Beau stood with his feet up on the windowsill as he looked in at the two men from behind the screen. He noted that they were awake and okay, even though the one man had scared him with some ungodly noise that came out of his throat. Beau gave a little woof and dropped down to the ground. He had other charges to check on. It was time to move along.

"How can that be John's dog?" Emmett demanded as he began to relax a little when the monster disappeared from sight. "It was huge!"

"Beau's a big dog," Drew explained patiently.

"I know that!" Emmett said swatting Drew in the chest. "But that … thing was huge. It was looking in the window."

Drew laughed. "He was standing on his hind legs."

"Oh," Emmett said, as he started to believe Drew. His fear was receding. Maybe it was just Beau. "He didn't seem that big last night," Emmett declared. "He just seemed like a normal dog."

"He is a normal dog," Drew laughed again. "He was at the barbecue too. Maybe you didn't notice him though because you were so busy schmoozing and enjoying the new house and all your friends. You didn't see anything that wasn't directly in front of you."

"I … well … maybe," Emmett admitted. "But he's so big!"

"Yes, and he enjoyed the barbecue too."

Emmett made a face. He had hardly eaten anything at the barbecue, spending all his time going from group to group to tell them about how the house was a total surprise, and how Drew was just the best boyfriend in the whole wide world. "So what the fuck was … Beau … doing on the windowsill this morning?"

"He patrols all the houses on the lane. He's a great watchdog."

"Really?"

"I didn't tell you about the fire at our house," Drew began.

"Fire?" Emmett asked, his eyes getting very large.

"Yeah, when John's crew was just starting the framing, some kids set the house on fire. Beau caught it early and roused Brian and John. They were able to save most of the lumber, but the house had to be started all over again."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Emmett asked.

"You weren't supposed to know about the house. It was a surprise, remember."

"Oh yeah, so that … dog … saved our house?"

"Pretty much."

"You'll have to reintroduce me to … Beau. I owe him a debt of thanks. This time I'll pay more attention to him."

"We can do that today," Drew said with a smile.

"But not until after I eat. I'm starved."

"Great! We have enough leftovers to feed the Ironmen."

"Then let's get going," Emmett said as he pulled the sheet off both of them and ran for the shower with Drew chasing him.

*****

Later that day a car pulled into the lane and drove past Emmett and Drew's house.

"Oh, it's so pretty," Molly gushed. "I love it." She turned around in her seat to get a lingering look at the cottage with the white picket fence.

"You want one of those after we're married?" Owen asked.

"Um … well, no … it's not exactly my style, but it is cute."

Owen inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. He thought the cottage was quaint, but it certainly wasn't where he wanted to live. He pulled the car to a stop in front of Brian and Justin's. He opened his door and climbed out.

The front door of the cottage opened and a little blonde whirlwind came racing down the walk. "Auntie Molly, Auntie Molly!" Bree shouted as she barreled along. "I missed you!" She flung herself into Molly's arms as soon as she got close enough.

"I missed you too, sweetheart," Molly laughed as she picked up Briana and gave her a big hug.

"Where were you yesterday?"

"Owen and I had to go to a wedding," Molly explained. She saw Justin walking down to meet them and waved as best she could with her arms full of little girl.

"Your wedding?" Bree asked, distress written all over her face. She was supposed to be the flowergirl. Had they had the wedding without her?

"No, no," Molly said hastily. "The wedding was for my friend who's going to be one of my bridesmaids, and I was one of hers."

"Oh," Bree said somewhat mollified. "I still flowergirl?"

"Most definitely. We couldn't have the wedding without you."

"Good," Bree smiled.

"Here let me take her," Justin said reaching for Bree. "She's getting so heavy."

"You'll soon be all grown up," Molly said as she transferred her load to Justin's arms.

"Not too soon," Justin replied as he gave his daughter a kiss.

"I big girl. I catch balls really good and I play soccer."

"My goodness, you've been busy since the last time I saw you."

Bree nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Hi, Owen," Justin said.

"Hi," Owen replied. He always felt like a fifth wheel when he came to the cottage. Molly was definitely the center of attention. He wondered if Molly felt that way when they visited his family.

They all headed for the house.

"I wish I could have been here yesterday to see Emmett's reaction to everyone finding out about the house," Molly said.

"I wish you here too," Bree stated.

"I think Emmett and Drew are coming over later. We have to bring back chairs and tables from their place," Justin said. "We had the barbecue down there."

"Was Emmett happy?" Molly asked.

Justin nodded. "Beyond ecstatic."

"I can help with the chairs," Owen volunteered.

"Thanks," Justin said as they entered the house.

"Will Drew be around?" Owen asked. He still had hero-worship for the former football star.

"I'm sure he will."

"Ah," Brian said as he came in from the sun porch. "At last some people to eat all these fucking leftovers. We have enough for the fifth army."

Everyone laughed, as Hunter and Nick came into the kitchen nibbling on some of said leftovers.

"They're delicious too," Nick grinned.

"Sorry about your mother, Hunter," Molly said giving Hunter a hug.

"It was for the best."

"Yeah, but that kind of thing is hard," Molly stated.

"It's over now," Hunter averred. "I'm looking forward to better things."

"Such as?" Owen asked innocently.

Hunter looked at Nick who looked at Hunter, and they both grinned like fools.

"We're going to have a commitment ceremony," Nick said, pulling Hunter against him.

"When did this happen?" Justin asked.

"Last night," Nick grinned. "I asked and Hunter accepted."

"Congratulations," everyone said at once.

"I be flowergirl?" Bree asked hopefully.