- Text Size +

 

Chapter 10



They left Tiffany's connected by the brand new leash. Justin reveled in the admiring glances they received as they walked back up Fifth Avenue. He knew they were a striking couple. Brian was everything an alpha should be and Justin knew he was an attractive sub. But the combination of the two of them together, so openly displaying their relationship, was one that made people stop and stare.

They went back to the hotel and changed for dinner and a night out at one of New York's dance clubs. Dressed in leather hot pants and doc martin boots both in blood red, Justin was very aware that it was November, but Brian had also brought a long coat for his sub and had called ahead for a cab so that he wouldn't feel the cold too keenly. Soon they were on their way to one of the city's hottest restaurants.

Dinner was unusual for Justin. He was used to Brian feeding him by now, but restaurants in Pittsburgh did not cater to alphas and their subs. This restaurant not only made allowances for subs, but they seemed to be all about this special relationship. They were shown to a table for two, but there was only one chair. Like at the store that afternoon, Justin was given a soft pillow so that he could kneel beside his alpha. And the food they were served was designed to be easily shared from one plate. Justin looked around the restaurant and noticed that there wasn't a single table that didn't have at least one sub.

"Pittsburgh should have places like this," Justin said as he waited for Brian to pour more wine. "No one ever really acknowledges that alpha/sub relationships exist at home. When we go to restaurants, I either have to kneel on the floor or sit on your lap. And people always look at us like we're odd. Like none of them have ever seen a sub before."

Brian took a sip of wine before offering Justin a drink. "The Pitts is still a bit provincial at times. Most cities have restaurants like this one. Chicago, LA, DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, even Cleveland has a few. I think we'll get there eventually."

After dinner, they walked the three blocks between the restaurant and the club. Again, Justin was reminded of the differences between New York and Pittsburgh. The club was filled with alphas and subs, many of whom were wearing a collar and leash like Justin, though Justin thought that his was the nicest one. There were also betas and omegas in the crowd, but again it was obvious that this place was very welcoming of the alpha/sub pairs. Justin had never felt out of place at Babylon, but it was obvious that the club was geared towards the betas and the unattached.

They danced long into the night and Justin didn't think he could have had a better time. By the time they made it back to the hotel, they were both flying high and fell into bed with no intention of sleeping.

BJBJBJBJBJ

"Why exactly do I need tailored suits?" Justin asked as he stood patiently while the tailor fitted him.

"Because there will be times when I will have to entertain clients and you will have to go with me," Brian said patiently.

"But why hand made tailored suits?" Justin asked. "Can't we get something from Neiman Marcus?"

Brain scowled. "No we cannot get some no-name, ready-made, off-the-rack suit. This is Armani. And we're going to Dolce next, followed by Zegna and if we have time we'll go to Roberto Cavalli's store. Then we can go to Barney's and Bergdorf Goodman to find some everyday clothes that are more fitting of your station."

Justin frowned. "Coming from anyone but you, I'd think that station comment was insulting."

"I mean, your role as my sub," Brian said with a roll of his eyes. "The way you dress reflects on me. I know you love to paint, but I am not letting you go out with paint spattered jeans all the time."

"Okay," Justin sighed as he was finally released and allowed to step down from the plinth where he had been standing. Then it was Brian's turn to be fitted and Justin couldn't help but admire the way Brian made the suits look spectacular. The truth was Justin thought Brian could make something from Walmart look chic.

BJBJBJBJBJ

On the flight back to Pittsburgh, Brian was in a foul mood. He and Justin had spent Monday going to the Museum of Modern Art and the Metropolitan Museum to look at art. Brian wasn't a huge fan of museums, but he could afford to indulge Justin's love of art for one day. That wasn't what had him growling almost the entire trip. No, he was just now realizing that Justin was collared and he was going to have to explain that to Mikey, Ted and Emmett.

Justin, wisely, stayed quiet after being barked at for humming while they waited for the airplane to begin boarding. He had spent the majority of the flight sketching ideas for new paintings that he wanted to try after spending time admiring the works of some of his favorite artists.

Once they were on the ground and had retrieved Brian's jeep, Justin once again tried to break through Brian's anger. "Um, are we going back to the loft? Because I thought we were supposed to go see Debbie."

Brian sighed and turned off at the next exit so that he could back track to Debbie's house. He had almost forgotten his promise to stop in and show her Justin's collar. She had called the day before while they were having lunch at some dive that Justin insisted on trying. Admittedly, the food had been better than Brian had expected, but he tried to avoid eating at places like that for appearances sake. Liberty Diner was his one exception to that rule.

He remained silent the rest of the way to Debbie's and even the walk to her front door, but once Debbie caught sight of them, the silence was over. "Sunshine! Look at you! That is one impressive collar!"

Justin blushed but accepted the hug Debbie offered. "Brian picked it out."

"About time, too," Debbie said sagely. "Well, come in then!"

They were soon all seated in Debbie's living room and the silence fell once again. "Alright, what has you in such a foul mood, Brian Kinney? You have just gotten back from what I'm sure was a wonderful weekend with Justin and you look more like you're heading for your execution."

Brian huffed but Justin and Debbie both looked at him expectantly. "Fine. I'm just not looking forward to explaining all this to Mikey."

"What's to explain?" Debbie asked. "It's not his business."

"You tell him that," Brian muttered.

"I will," Debbie said with a nod. "Listen to me. I know my son. I know he had some warped dream that someday maybe you might get around to collaring him. But you and I both know that would have been a huge mistake. Michael may have some submissive tendencies, but he's a beta at heart. He would never have been happy trying to live life as a sub. He'll figure that out for himself in time."

"That doesn't mean that he's going to take this news well," Brian said.

"No it doesn't," Debbie said. "But that's his problem, not yours. You leave Michael to me. I'll get him straightened out. As for that pride thing I know that's eating at you, you don't have to explain your choices to anyone. You've always done what you wanted and to hell with what others thought about it. Well, that hasn't changed, has it? No? Then suck it up and ignore how the others will react to the news that you changed your mind about collaring Justin. It was the right thing to do. For both of you."

"It was," Brian agreed with more confidence than he had felt just minutes earlier. "Thanks Deb."

"You're welcome," Debbie said with a smile. "Now, when are you going to go show Sunshine's mother his new collar?"

Brian groaned. "Thanksgiving is next week. I'm sure it can wait until then, right?"

Justin shook his head. "I don't think so. She'll stop by at some point between now and then."

Brian huffed again. "Fine, Princess, you set something up and I'll be there. Okay?"

Justin beamed. "I'll ask her to come over tomorrow after work."

BJBJBJBJBJ

The meeting with Jennifer went better than Brian could have hoped. She congratulated them and kissed his cheek, whispering her gratitude for Brian putting Justin's security above his own preferences. Then Brian was summarily dismissed while the mother and son talked about their trip to New York and about a dozen other things that Brian had no interest in. He spent the rest of the evening working.

That Friday, Brian was set to once again face letting others know about their new status. He picked out an outfit for Justin and then began to get ready himself for a night at Babylon. When Brian returned from his shower, Justin was wearing the new black leather pants that Brian had bought for him in New York. They rode very low on his hips and clung to the blond's ass like a glove. Brian smirked in approval. Justin was also wearing the new boots and the mesh top Brian had selected. They all worked together to show off Justin's body, his flawless skin and his new collar. The only thing Brian thought was missing was a nipple ring, or two, peaking through the sheer black fabric. Hmm. He'd have to think about that some more.

Brian wore black jeans, a black silk t-shirt and his favorite black leather duster coat. Once they were both dressed, he clipped Justin's leash to his collar and led him over to the full length mirror to see the picture they made. It was hot. He grabbed Justin's winter jacket and tossed it to him before grabbing his keys and heading out the door.

Twenty minutes later, they entered Babylon. IT was much like Brian had expected it to be. Many of the regulars stopped dead in their tracks to watch as Brian Kinney, stud of Liberty Avenue, showed off his newly collared sub. Even some people on the dance floor stopped to get a good look. Brian ignored them and was proud of the way that Justin did so as well. They walked calmly over to the bar and Brian ordered a double scotch. He sipped first and then held the glass for Justin to drink. This wasn't the first time Brian had shared his drink with Justin in public, but it was the first time that he had done so with Justin in a collar, which seemed to make it more interesting to the gawkers around them.

"Let's dance," Brian said once the drink was gone. Justin smiled and allowed himself to be led to the dance floor by his leash. They moved together in their usual sensual way, but now Brian kept firm hold of Justin's leash and used it to lead him in the dance. They drew more attention to themselves, but with the music and the throbbing baseline coursing through them both, it was easier to ignore the gazes on them.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Mikey shouted over the music almost an hour later, interrupting their communion with the music. Many dancers around them stopped to watch the drama that was about to unfold.

"We were dancing," Brian smirked. "If you'd move along, we could get back to it."

"Brian!" Michael hissed.

Brian rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine. But let's go get a drink." Justin smiled as Michael stomped off the dance floor towards the bar. The other man was so predictable. Brian led Justin back and ordered Justin water and a scotch for himself. "So, Mikey, what was so important that it couldn't wait until we were finished dancing?"

"What was so important?" Michael sputtered. "I walk in here to hear the whispers that Brian Kinney has collared a sub. Then I find you dancing with HIM on a leash. Brian! What were you thinking? How could you do a thing like that? And not tell me!"

Brian shook his head and let Justin drink some of the water. "Why should I need to tell you? My relationship with Justin is not your business."

"Of course it's my business!" Mikey argued. "You're my best friend. I have a right to be concerned when you do something so completely out of character! Why? Just tell me that. Why did you collar him?"

"Because he's mine," Brian said with a scowl. "And I protect what is mine."

Mikey snorted in disbelief. "He's done something to you. Made you forget who you are, what you are. You have to get rid of him."

Brian was boiling with anger at this point, and Justin wanted to step away from the inevitable explosion, but he was tethered to Brian and had no place to go.

"Justin has not done anything to me," Brian said through clenched teeth. "And I resent the implication that I'm so weak willed that I would allow a sub to dictate my actions."

"I didn't mean it like that," Mikey said. "But you have been saying that you would never collar anyone for as long as I've known you! You meet this twink and two months later, everything has changed. Fifteen years I've known you, and in all that time, you always said that you wouldn't collar anyone under any circumstances. SO what has changed, if it isn't the sub?"

"The sub has a name," Brian almost shouted. "His name is Justin. And the difference is that I'm growing up and taking responsibility for once in my life. Maybe you should try it!"

Mikey looked like Brian had slapped him. "I don't want responsibility. I just want…"

"You want me to take care of you for the rest of our lives," Brian finished for him. "But that's not going to happen. Mikey, you aren't a sub. You would never be happy with me."

"I would!" Mikey said. "And I could make you happy, too!"

"No you couldn't," Brian said quietly. He was suddenly very tired. "Go home Mikey. Think about who you are and what you really want. It certainly isn't taking orders from an alpha fro the rest of your life. And even if it is, it won't ever be me." Brian turned away and began to walk towards the door, but He had only gone a few feet when Justin's leash pulled taut. He turned back to find Mikey had Justin up against the wall, his hands around his neck and choking the young sub.

"This is all your fault!" Mikey screeched. "This should have been mine!"

Mikey grabbed at Justin's collar and twisted it as Brian rushed back to help. Several things seemed to happen at once. Justin's collar broke and Mikey lost his balance. Then Justin punched Mikey in the face and kneed him in the groin. Brian watched as his best friend hit the ground with a groan and Justin knelt on his chest while he grabbed his collar back.

"That's mine, you mother fucker!" Justin hissed. Then he stood and turned to Brian. "Can we go now, sir?"

Brian almost laughed out loud. Instead he smirked at his sub and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I have to make sure you didn't hurt him too badly. Let me find someone to take him to Debbie's and we'll go."

Justin nodded and then turned his attention back to the man cowering on the floor. He glowered at Michael and the other man wisely stayed right where he was. Five minutes later, Brian returned with Ted and Emmett in tow and let them take Mikey away.