- Text Size +

 

Chapter 5

Chapter Text

Justin and Brian came down the stairs together, holding hands, just before Jennifer left to take Molly to school the next morning. It was the first time Justin had voluntarily gotten out of bed and showered in what seemed like forever. Any misgivings she night have had about allowing Brian to spend the night were immediately dispelled.

"There are pancakes keeping warm in the oven," Jennifer said. "I'll be back in a few minutes. Brian, I'm not sure if you want to go to the doctor with us, but Justin and I will need to leave as soon as I get back."

"I'll go," Brian said as he took a seat at the table. He still hadn't let go of Justin's hand. Once Jennifer and Molly were gone, Justin grabbed the plate of pancakes from the oven and brought them back to the table. He would have taken the seat beside Brian, but Brian had other ideas. He pulled Justin into his lap and that was how they ate their breakfast, Brian feeding him bites from a shared plate. And that was how Jennifer found them on her return.

The trip to the doctor's office was brief and silent. Jennifer wasn't really sure how to react to all of this. She hadn't even fully wrapped her mind around the things that the doctor had told her the day before when Brian had appeared, and so much had happened since then. She didn't even want to think about what Brian had done with her son just two doors down the hall from her last night. She had a feeling that she needed this appointment more than either of the other two people in the car.

As they waited to be called into the office, Jennifer tried to read a magazine, but her attention was inevitably drawn to Brian and Justin. They whispered to each other and smiled at each other. They touched each other. It was nothing overtly sexual, but there was an intimacy between them that made her uncomfortable.

When they were finally called into the office, Jennifer let out a sigh. The introductions were made as Brian and Justin took a seat on the sofa and Jennifer sat in one of the two armchairs. Once the doctor was seated he looked at all of them.

"Well, since Brian has joined us, I suppose telling you that the test came back positive is redundant," the doctor smiled. "And I see Justin is feeling a lot more like his old self now that he has had the opportunity to spend some time with Brian."

"Doctor, maybe you can explain to me, to us, a little more of what we can expect," Jennifer said. "Brian said something last night. He said that Imprinting was more like an addiction than falling in love. Is that true? And if it is, can it be broken?"

The doctor eyed Brian, who smirked back at him. "Well, I suppose one might categorize it that way, though I personally would not. But if you look at it from a purely biological perspective, it does have some similarities to addiction. The chemicals that people produce, hormones and pheromones, are in essence a means of attracting and keeping a mate. What we think of as love has a biological basis, but that is not the only factor. Nor is it the only factor in the case of Imprinted pairs.

"When a person with the genetic disposition for Imprinting actually finds a mate, the chemicals that are given off are much stronger than that of a normal person," the doctor explained. "It is, in essence, an instant addiction. But it is also more than that as well. Addictions are, by definition, negative. In this case, the Imprinted person's need for the chemicals produced by their partner can be better compared to an anemic person's need for iron. Biologically, they require the chemicals produced by their partner for their neurotransmitters to function normally."

"So is it completely a sexual imperative?" Jennifer asked. She deliberately kept her eyes away from her son as she asked this. "Honestly, I was just getting used to the idea that Justin is a sub, and now this… He's too young to be so caught up in such an advanced sexual relationship, isn't he?"

"No," the doctor said. "Justin is quite mature for his age, Jennifer. Biologically speaking, he is more than old enough for the Imprinting to take effect. But biology is simply the foundation. Our minds and bodies work in harmony with each other. In the case of an Imprinted pair, this biological imperative is the jumping off point. Imprinted pairs can be the ideal couples, especially when their proclivities are compatible, though that is not necessary. It has rarely happened that two alphas have imprinted or two subs. In any case, these couples work well together. They have shown to have an instinctive knowledge of their partners' needs and desires. Their biology tells them that they fit. Like a biological matchmaker. But it still takes time and patience to build on that biological foundation."

"I have a question," Brian said. "Will this need to be close all the time, to be touching all the time, go away? Because I'm not sure I can go to work with Justin attached to my side. And I sure as hell don't want to go back through high school with him."

The doctor smiled. "No, it will settle down. Think of this as a honeymoon phase, if you will. All Imprinted pairs are drawn to each other, especially in the early stages of their relationship. By denying yourselves for so long, you have increased this need. Give it a few days and you will be able to function normally again. I would not, however, suggest spending more than eight hours apart for a few months, and even then, I would make sure that it was the exception and not the rule. It will put a strain on both of you that would be unhealthy."

"So I guess that means I'm moving in," Justin said to Brian with a wide smile.

"Not so fast, princess," Brian smirked. "I haven't asked you. And I think your mother might have something to say about that." They both turned to Jennifer.

Jennifer was stymied. What the hell was she supposed to say? It was obvious Brian couldn't come to live with them. However she wasn't ready to let her baby boy go just yet. "If Brian wants you there, it may be the best option we have," Jennifer sighed.

"You'll stay with me," Brian said decisively. Then, too lighten the mood, "After all, I can't get laid without you anymore."

"Please!" Jennifer complained with a wince. "That is my son you are talking about."

"Jennifer, how are you coping with all of these changes?" the doctor asked, reading Jennifer's discomfort. "I know that this must be difficult for you."

"A few months ago, I didn't even know my son was a sub," Jennifer said. "Then Craig went nuts and Justin was in the hospital. Now, he's moving in with his boyfriend. I've heard everything you've said to me, and I even did a bit of research online last night. But it's still a lot to take in all at once. I want to be supportive and do what's right for Justin. But there is still a part of me that is screaming that it can't be true. He's too young to know his feelings about this or anything."

"I knew I was a sub when I was eleven, Mom," Justin told her. "The other boys were talking about how they were going to find a sub of their own someday, trying to figure out which of the boys and girls in our class were subs. I was busy imagining having an alpha to take care of me. Just because I didn't tell you, didn't mean it wasn't true. I haven't really changed at all."

"Just my perception of you," Jennifer said with a small smile. "I know that honey. I do. But I'm going to need time to make it all fit in my head. Do you understand?"

Justin just nodded.

BJBJBJBJBJ

"So you really can't have sex with anyone but me?" Justin asked with a grin.

Brian scowled at the teen. "Not since that night."

"So that computer trick?" Justin asked. "The omega?"

Brian rolled his eyes. "Nothing."

"I think I could like this Imprinting thing," Justin said with a laugh as he followed Brian into the loft. He set his duffle bag down right inside the door and looked around.

"You would," Brian muttered. "You know, just because we're forced to live together doesn't mean I've changed my mind about love and collars and all that white picket fence bullshit."

Justin waved his hand in dismissal as he took a seat on the white sofa. "I told you weeks ago that's not what I want. I just want you."

"Well, for good or bad, you've got me now," Brian smirked as he took his seat beside Justin. Suddenly, he got very serious. "Now for the rules. The first rule is simple, as my sub, you depend upon me for everything; therefore I expect complete submission from you. It's a simple rule, but it is not an easy one to follow. When we are together, you will eat only from my hand as you did this morning. When I am not around, you will still act in accordance with my wishes. You will sleep in my bed unless you are being punished and then you will sleep on the floor at the foot of my bed. You will only come with my permission.

"The second rule is this: you will continue your education even though you can't go to school," Brian said. "We may be stuck together for the rest of our lives, but that doesn't mean that you will be allowed to slack off. I expect that you will attend university this fall, and you will do your best both now and when you start your college courses. We may discuss other rules in the future, but I think that covers the basics. If you disobey me—and I expect that you will despite your best intentions—I will punish you," Brian continued. "You must learn from your mistakes; as a result, punishments will be swift and appropriate. However, I am not a cruel alpha. I will not simply punish you for the sake of punishment, and the punishments you receive will not be overly harsh. Do you understand?"

Justin swallowed at the complete control Brian was demanding, but knew that he could do what Brian asked of him. "Yes, sir."

Brian's easy-going smirk was back in place. "Good. Wanna go out tonight?"

"I'd rather stay in," Justin said with a leer that just didn't match his innocent face.

Brian chuckled. "Fine. For tonight, Princess. But I am not a homebody. I like going out. I like dancing. I like fucking."

"Ah, but that last one is dependant upon my cooperation," Justin smirked.

Brian leaned towards Justin in a playfully threatening way. "Are you trying to say that you would be able to deny me? Or are we going to have to go over those rules again?"

Justin looked completely serious when he replied, "I could never deny you anything, with or without those rules."

Brian nodded once before kissing his sub lover.

BJBJBJBJBJ

"I can't decide which is worse," Brian muttered to Justin as they dressed the next evening to go meet Brian's friends at Woody's. "Telling them or not telling them. If we don't tell them, they'll think I've gone all sappy and romantic and shit. If we tell them, well, then they'd know."

Justin shrugged. "Why do you need to tell them anything. It's not really anyone's business what we do or don't do. Let them speculate. I don't mind. Let them think I'm your boy toy if it fits your image better. I seriously doubt that their first inclination upon hearing that I live with you now would be to believe you've turned over a new leaf and are about to collar me."

"Hmm," Brian said thoughtfully. "You're probably right. They aren't that bright, on the whole. I mean, Ted may have some brains, but he never uses them. At worst, they'll think I'm corrupting you. I can live with that."

"Are you going to corrupt me?" Justin asked. "Because that sounds like fun."

"Not on a school night," Brian teased. "You have tutors tomorrow. But once we get this thing settled, we should explore what we can and can't do with others. I'm thinking you'd be a really good top for some switch or sub. I could watch that."

"If that doesn't work, you could always bottom for me," Justin said slyly.

"I don't think so, Princess," Brian said with tongue in cheek. "Your bottom's the only bottom around here. And that bottom's is going to get spanked if you keep sassing me."

"We'll see," Justin sang as he grabbed his jacket and headed for the door.

BJBJBJBJBJ

"The stalker sub's living with you?" Mikey asked, aghast. "When did that happen?"

Brian leaned over the pool table and lined up his shot. "Yesterday."

"So, earlier this week, you tell me we aren't allowed to even mention his name, and two days later you decide to ask him to move in with you? What the hell?"

"He's a good lay," Brian said with a shrug. "And he's amusing to have around."

Mikey shook his head in denial. "No. No, there's something else going on here."

Brian made his shot and looked at Mikey. "There's nothing going on. It's just like I said. I decided I like having him around, so he moved in." Brian walked around the table and lined up his second shot. Mikey was silent as Brian made that one and missed the next.

"Did he come chasing after you again?" Mikey asked while he looked over the table to find a shot he had a chance in hell to make. "Did he threaten to kill himself or something? Did his parents throw him out? What? Because you can't be thinking of collaring the kid."

Brian watched Mikey miss the ten-twelve combination shot. Normally he would have pointed out the easier nine ball to the left side pocket, but he wasn't in the mood tonight. "No, his mother didn't throw him out and he didn't try to use emotional blackmail. He didn't even try to contact me. I saw him again and decided I was wrong. I like having him around. He's very disobedient and I like spanking that perfectly round ass."

Brian ignored Mikey as he finished running the table and sank the eight ball. Without another word to his best friend, he went back to the table where Justin was listening to some outrageous tale Emmett was telling about his life in Mississippi, one Brian had heard a dozen times over the years.

"Time to go, Princess," Brian said as he kissed Justin's cheek. "I'm horny, and unless you want me to introduce you to the joys of bathroom stall sex, we ought to go home."

"Another night," Justin said with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "Thanks for the drink and the story, Emmett."

"It was a pleasure," Emmett smiled. "We'll have to meet up for lunch some time. You have my cell. I'll tell Ted you said goodnight."

"Thanks!" Justin called as he was forcibly dragged away by an impatient Brian.