- Text Size +

 



9:16:07

"Is she down?" Justin asked Brian as he walked into their bedroom.

"Down and out for the count," Brian quipped as he stripped off his suit.

"It's a lot of hard work rehearsing to be a flower girl," Justin added, as he tossed his clothes into a laundry bag.

"Yes, it is, not to mention all the flirting. She must get that from you," Brian snarked as he went into the bathroom.

"Me? What about the bartender?" Justin followed Brian into the shower.

"What about him?" Brian turned on the spray, adjusting the temperature to suit his partner.

"He was coming onto you and in front of Mr. Brenner!"

"What of it? I told him I wasn't interested, and Owen Sr. couldn't have cared less. He was too busy telling me about his mother-in-law problems." Brian poured some of Justin's favorite body wash onto a sponge and began to gently wash his lover's skin.

"That Sarah Kingsley is something else. She cornered me by the dessert cart and began to interrogate me about some of my work."


"She didn't criticize it, did she?" Brian got that angry look to his eyes. Justin immediately kissed Brian's neck to soothe him.

"No, apparently an acquaintance in her little circle of society ladies has started a Justin Taylor collection. Sarah's nose is out of joint because she doesn't have any of my paintings."

"Please don't tell me you offered to paint something for her," Brian grumbled. Brian was firm in his convictions that Justin should be paid the appropriate commission for his masterpieces.

"Easy there, big fella." Justin added a few more nips to Brian chest and chin. "I pointed her in the direction of Sidney's gallery and left it at that."

"Good," Brian mumbled into the nape of Justin's neck then slipped a slicked finger into Justin's pliant and willing hole. "Want you," Brian murmured. Justin had looked so handsome and sophisticated in his suit tonight. Brian was hard all night long.

"You have me," Justin whispered as he leaned back onto his lover's hard member. Brian thrust then waited as they both grew accustomed to the feeling. "Love you so much," Justin murmured as Brian nibbled his earlobe. Brian grunted in agreement.

The lovers came together then held on, supporting each other as their breathing evened and they found their legs.

"Amazing," Brian whispered as he held Justin tightly to him. He felt Justin's smile.

9:29:38

"Is she finally asleep?" Lindsay asked Mel, as Melanie came down the stairs into the living room.

"Yes. I don't understand what's gotten into her lately," Mel said as she plopped herself onto the couch next to Lindsay.

"Mel, JR is eleven," Lindsay said, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, so?" Melanie hadn't a clue. Lindsay gave her an incredulous look.

"Oh for heaven's sake, hormones, Mel! She's becoming a woman."

"But she's only a little girl."

"Have you taken a good look at her lately? Haven't you noticed that both our children are growing up? Gus is sixteen, he's already looking at colleges, and JR is wearing a training bra."

"Where the fuck have I been?"

"Not here with your children, obviously. Melanie, when was the last time we went away together as a family?"

"I don't know. Did we ever go away together?"

"No, we haven't and that's my point. We need time together as a family."

"But my work..."

"I have work too, you know, but I can plan some time off. And if you love us, you'll plan some time off too." Lindsay launched herself off the couch then went up the stairs to their room.

"Well, fuck me," Mel said to herself as she picked herself up off the couch and went up to make nice to Lindsay.


09:33:18

"Hey Baby, anything good on?" Ben strolled through the living room as Michael was channel surfing. It was the last day of the semester and Ben had to post all of his students' grades.

"No, not really, just a lot of old movies."

"They're classic movies, Michael, not old." 'It's a Wonderful Life' was about to begin. Michael changed the channel, 'A Miracle on 34th Street,' was on. Michael sighed.

"I'm not in the mood for movies, old or classic," Michael grumbled.

"Then what are you in the mood for?" Ben's head was in their refrigerator, his muscular tight ass was high in the air. Michael slipped in behind him.

"This," Michael said as he rubbed his hand along Ben's rump. Ben stood and turned to face his spouse.

"Then let me stoke the furnace and you can have it," Ben winked at Michael. Michael smiled as he turned to go up to bed.

9:43:21

"Good night," Owen Sr. said to Jennifer and Seth. "I hope you both enjoyed everything this evening."

"It was lovely," Jennifer lied as she gave Owen a hug.

"Very nice," Seth said as he shook Owen Sr.'s hand while Jennifer gave Sharon Brenner a tentative hug.

"Molly, are you coming home with Seth and me?" Jennifer asked her daughter.

"We're going out for a drink," Molly stated, holding onto Owen Jr.'s arm.

"But you have a long day tomorrow, dear," Sharon said patting Molly's back.

"I need a drink … and some time alone with Owen. We're going for a drink," Molly repeated with resolve.

"Yes, Mother, we're going for a drink. We have until midnight to spend some time together," Owen agreed.

"And then the rest of life to … enjoy that time … together," Owen Sr. said, choosing his words carefully after the look his wife had just given him.

"Be home before midnight," Jennifer said as she donned her coat. "I'm sure Seth will make sure I get safely home."

"Absolutely," Seth said with a smile at his lovely date. He had enjoyed spending time with Jennifer Taylor all evening. Even though the night had dragged on, having Jennifer beside him had made it all bearable, enjoyable in fact.

"I'll see you when you get home," Jennifer said pointedly as she kissed Molly's cheek and then Owen's.

"Yes, Mother," Molly chuckled.

"Yes, Mother Taylor," Owen said in his best Brian Kinney impersonation.

Jennifer raised a brow, but then smiled warmly and gave Owen a hug. If he turned out to be half as good as her other son-in-law, she would have no complaints about Owen Brenner.

"Good night," everyone called as Jennifer and Seth then Molly and Owen made their way out of the country club.

"I think that was a lovely evening," Sharon Brenner said with a self-satisfied smile.

"Just peachy," Owen Sr. agreed.

"Let's get mother before she drinks whatever's left at the bar," Sharon said with a sigh.

"By all means." Owen followed her back to the bar to round up Sarah.

09:57:24

Seth pulled his car to a stop in the driveway of Jennifer's condo.

"I'm glad this evening is over," Jennifer said with a sigh.

"I hope I'm not the cause of that remark," Seth told her.

"Not at all," Jennifer said quickly. "You're the best part of the evening."

"The best part of an unenjoyable evening?" Seth pressed.

"Are you fishing for a compliment?"

"Maybe," Seth grinned.

"Thank you for rescuing me from single's hell this evening. I couldn't have asked for a better dinner partner. You were … great!"

"Thanks," Seth said with a smile. "Then I guess we're still on for tomorrow?"

"You better believe it."

"Good," Seth replied taking Jennifer's hand. "I really had a lovely time … with you."

Jennifer's smile almost matched the radiant ones that had earned her son the nickname of Sunshine. "I want to thank you for being so gallant, so kind."

"You don't have to thank me for anything. Just let me hope that we can spend some time together when the wedding is over."

"I'd like that."

"Good." Seth leaned forward and kissed Jennifer's cheek. When she didn't pull away, he allowed his lips to find hers in a warm but chaste kiss. "Good night, Jennifer. I'll see you in the morning."

"I'll be looking forward to that." Jennifer got out of the car and stood by the front door of her townhouse as she watched Seth drive away. She would definitely have to thank Brian for arranging her "date". She couldn't keep the smile from her face as she let herself inside.