- Text Size +

 



4:03:19

Molly smiled in her sleep. She was dreaming about her wedding day. She was walking down the aisle. She could see Owen standing at the front of the church waiting for her. He looked so handsome in his tux. She felt her face light up with love. They were about to start their lives together as a married couple. Owen smiled back at her and she felt warm all over.

"You are a beautiful bride, sweetheart," the man walking her down the aisle said softly.

She turned her head and looked at her father. He looked back at her with love. "Thank you, Daddy. I'm so glad you decided to do this. I love you."

Molly turned over and let herself continue to glide down the aisle.

4:05:22

Owen Brenner was dreaming about his wedding day. He was standing at the front of the church looking up the aisle as Molly glided towards him. He felt so full of love and happiness. Molly looked so beautiful, so serene. He could hardly believe that he was lucky enough to have found his bride, his soulmate, his future.

Justin walked proudly beside his sister, ready to give Molly away … to him. Owen smiled and shifted in the bed. This was the best day of his life. He felt bad that Molly's father had decided to stay away from the wedding. That was the only thing that would have made the day better, but Owen chose not to dwell on that.

He refocused on his bride. She was almost there, almost his. He could hardly wait to take her hand and place the ring on her finger. It would symbolize his love for her, and his faithfulness to her, and his acceptance of her weird extended family. Owen snorted in his sleep. That had been the hardest part of deciding to ask Molly to marry him. Her family was large and … different. They had taken a lot of getting used to. But he had done that. They had accepted him and he had accepted them. It would be fine.

And he and Molly would be married and live happily ever after. Owen smiled. Molly extended her hand to him and he took it, positioning himself beside her as the ceremony began.

4:16:11

Justin stretched as he rolled over on the big loft bed, his hand automatically reaching out for his lover. Feeling only cooling sheets in the empty space, Justin sat up and blinked until he was fully awake. Through the slats he could see movement. He got up taking the duvet with him. Justin never could get used to the coolness of the loft. Wrapped up in the soft, warm duvet, Justin slowly padded to the steps. He could see Brian staring out of the windows holding something close to his chest. As Justin came down the steps Brian turned. In his arms wrapped securely in her blanket, was their daughter.

"Hey," Justin said softly as he kissed Brian's upper arm.

"Hey."

"Can't sleep?" Justin asked. Brian merely shrugged then turned back toward the window. Briana was fast asleep cradled in her father's arms. Justin watched Brian dip his head to inhale his daughter's sleepy scent.

"Bri, let me put her back. She's going to have a long, busy day." Brian reluctantly gave up his bundle. Justin settled their daughter on the futon cushions then returned to the window where Brian was still standing.

Justin unwrapped the duvet from his shoulder to drape it over Brian's. They stood huddled together wrapped by the warm blanket and by their love.

"It's snowing," Brian remarked dryly. "Who in their right mind gets married in the middle of December?" Brian asked, not expecting an answer.

"It should stop soon, I hope it stops soon. I don't think Molly can take another crisis," Justin whispered.

"Molly looked beautiful tonight." Brian gazed over his shoulder at their sleeping beauty. "She was just a little girl when we first met. They grow up so fast."

"Bree's growing up fast too. She'll be five before we know it."

"Five. Soon she'll be bringing home her dates for us to meet."

"You mean you're actually going to allow our daughter to date?" Justin teased Brian.

"Maybe." Brian turned to face Justin, taking the younger man into his arms. He buried his nose into Justin's soft locks, inhaling the scent that was uniquely his husband's. "She'll be leaving us soon, go off, maybe get married too," Brian sadly whispered.

"Bri, I think we have a couple of years before Bree decides to move out."

"You know what I mean," Brian grumbled.

"Yeah, I do. Come on, back to bed. I need my beauty sleep."

"No, you don't. You're beautiful just the way you are."

"But I still want to go back to bed," Justin waggled his eyebrows at Brian.

"You want to play with my tan lines."

"You got a problem with that, big guy?"

"Not at all."

Brian and Justin went back to bed. It was more than an hour later before they got back to sleep.