- Text Size +

 



5:10:12

"Hello, Emmett, is that you?" Sean asked with a very alert voice, too alert for five in the morning.

"No, it's Drew."

"Drew? Is Emmett okay?" This would be Sean's first big event working with Emmett and his crew. He loved working with Emmett. Sean found Emmett a creative chef, wonderfully talented planner and all around fun guy to be with and work for. He knew Emmett was especially worried about the wedding preparations.

"He's fine.......I lied, he's not fine. He's tired and totally stressed about this wedding. He didn't sleep very well. I know he wanted to be at the café by six but..."

"You don't have to explain. The crew is already here. Everything that needs to be packed up is ready to go. The rest of the stuff went over last night. Let him sleep until it's time for him to go to the church. He has no reason to come here today. We have it all under control."

"I was hoping you'd say that. I'm going back to bed and make sure he gets at least two more hours of sleep."

"You do that, and Drew?"

"Yeah?"

"I wish someday I can find a partner as caring as you are."

"I learned it all from him. See you later at the reception."

Drew hung up the phone, reset the alarm clocks then carefully went back to bed and curled protectively around his lover.

5:16:07

Craig Taylor turned over and almost fell off the sofa. He let out a mild expletive and rubbed his aching back. The fucking couch was made for sitting, not sleeping. He should have gone to the den and used the pullout, but it was too late for that now. He looked at his watch, realizing that it was still dark outside. He could sleep for another hour or two, or until Susan came out of the bedroom. He needed to talk to her, try to make things right between them. He wasn't sure he could manage that, but he was going to try.

He turned back onto his side and closed his eyes.

5:32:09

Owen Brenner looked at the clock. He supposed he might as well get up. He wondered if Molly was awake yet. He had woken up a few minutes ago, and he was too excited to go back to sleep. Today was the day that he and Molly showed the world how much they loved each other. He could hardly wait to make his commitment vows in front of family and friends. He loved Molly Taylor with all his heart.

He wondered at his male friends who were always kidding him about getting married, telling him he should enjoy his freedom while it lasted. He didn't feel that way about his marriage. He wasn't losing any freedom, as far as he was concerned. He was gaining the partner he loved who would share the rest of his life experiences with him. He couldn't ask for anything better.

Owen knew there might be problems ahead in his married life. Molly wasn't the easiest person to deal with. She had very definite ideas about a lot of things. That was part of why he loved her so much. She was passionate and concerned and … pig-headed. Yeah, he should tell her that! He chuckled to himself. She would take his head off if he called her that. But she would also listen and try to be less stubborn when the next thing came along. She loved him enough to do that, and he loved her right back. He would do anything for her. And any problems they might have, they would work out together.

Owen thought about Justin walking Molly down the aisle. He could hardly wait to see how beautiful she would look. He did wish Craig Taylor would reconsider and do his fatherly duty. For a moment Owen toyed with the idea of calling Craig and begging him to come to the wedding. Then he shook himself and realized he was being an idiot. Craig Taylor was not going to change because Owen Brenner asked him too. The family had been working on Molly's father for months, and they had accomplished nothing. What made him think he could talk the man into walking Molly down the aisle?

"Get real, Brenner," Owen told himself.

Maybe he should call Molly and make sure she wasn't having cold feet about the wedding. He didn't really think she was, but he would like to hear her voice. He glanced at the clock, debating. He decided he better leave her alone. She would either be sleeping or getting ready for all her appointments before the wedding.

The next time he would see her she would be in her wedding gown. He knew she would take his breath away. He could hardly wait.

"Enough thinking," he told himself. "Go have a shower."

5:38:52

"Dada?" Bree woke up and was momentarily disoriented.

"Here, Squirt," Brian called out quietly as he got out of bed to go get Bree. He went to the futon cushion. Briana was sitting up holding her grey bunny and looking somewhat baffled. She immediately smiled when she saw her Dada.

"Dada!" Bree cried out as she raised up her arms toward her father. Brian squatted to pick her up. "I be flower girl now?"

"Not yet, Squirt, soon. Want to sleep with me and Daddy?" Bree nodded sleepily as Brian carried his daughter to their bed. "Okay. And the next time you wake up, you'll be a flower girl," Brian whispered as he settled Bree in between himself and Justin.

He watched as Bree snuggled close to her daddy. Justin turned in his sleep toward his daughter then drew her close. Brian felt his eyes grow misty. Two of the three most important people in Brian's life were sleeping in his bed. It was times like this that Brian wished he was an artist so that he could capture the moment. Instead, Brian reached for his camera phone. He took several pictures then curled around his blonds, trying to get in a few more hours of sleep.

5:58:59

"Molly, you awake?" Jennifer called through Molly's bedroom door. She could hear Molly's alarm clock going off.

"Five more minutes, Mom," Molly called out. Jennifer was about to demand that Molly get up as if she was late for school but she stopped herself.

"Okay, honey," Jennifer said as she shook her head with laughter. "Five more minutes."

"Thanks, Mom. Love you."

"Love you too, sweetheart." Jennifer went to take a shower.