- Text Size +

 



6:01:12

Molly hit the snooze alarm on the bedside clock. She would have a few more minutes before she got up for her wedding day. Yes, it was her wedding day. She smiled to herself as she hugged her pillow. She had waited a long time to marry Owen, and now that day had arrived. She knew he was the one for her. She loved his quiet gentleness and his regard for her. He was sweet and generous and obliging. He was everything she could ever want in a husband.

Slowly her happy mood faded. She began to think of her father. She still loved Craig, but he was such a bigoted, stupid, fucking asshole. How had her mother ever loved him enough to marry him? That made Molly wonder if there were things about Owen she didn't know, something that might pop up tomorrow or years from now, and make her wonder what the fuck she had been thinking when she married him.

Molly rolled over onto her back and stared up at the ceiling. Her father wasn't going to be there to walk her down the aisle. The wedding had got totally out of her control. It was some kind of mega extravaganza, not at all what she had envisioned. But in all of her dreams about her wedding day, Craig had always been there walking with her to her new husband, holding her arm, telling her how beautiful she looked and how proud he was of her. That wasn't going to happen today. She let out a sad, little sigh.

Then she thought about Justin. He would be there for her. And Bree and Brian and Emmett and Joanne and Katerina, and all the rest of her family and friends. And above all she had her mother. Jennifer would be the proudest of them all. And Molly wanted to make her proud. Deciding that she had wallowed enough, she threw back the covers.

This was her wedding day and she was fucking going to enjoy it! She headed for the shower with a smile on her face.

6:15:00

"Sharon, hon, why are you up so early?" Owen Sr. asked his wife.

"Early? It's not early, it's precisely six-fifteen. I must do my fifteen minutes on my stationary bike, shower, apply my makeup and make sure my dressing room is in order before the hairdresser arrives."

"Honey, we have more than three hours before we're due at the church," Owen tried to reason with his wife.

"You men," Sharon said with an exasperated tone. "All you have to do is throw on a suit and show up on time. I'm a Kingsley; it takes time to make everything perfect." Sharon turned on her heels and headed for her exercise bike.

Owen sighed, biting back his tongue. No matter how long they were married, Sharon still had the habit of calling herself a Kingsley. He thought he had gotten accustomed to it, but he was wrong. It was a sore point for him. Owen sighed loudly, reset the alarm for seven-thirty and tried to go back to sleep. He began to drift off when he felt a tender kiss to his forehead.

"I didn't mean that," Sharon said sweetly and contritely. "I just want to look my best for you and Junior. Molly, Jennifer and Susan are beautiful women. I want you to be proud of me." Owen sat up to hug his wife.

"Honey, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever known. I am always proud of you. I love you, sweetheart." Owen kissed his wife.

"I love you too." Sharon returned the kiss.

"Go, now. Before you upset your timetable," Owen joked.

"Oh you!" Sharon smiled then hurried back to her exercise bike.

6:27:48

"Molly, what are you doing?" Owen Jr. said quietly but abruptly into his phone.

"And good morning to you too," Molly snarked as she answered the phone while trying to dry her hair without dropping her towel or the phone.

"Sorry, Mol. Good morning, happy wedding day!"

"Happy wedding day to you too and I'm trying to dry my hair but my fiancé insists on being a pain in the ass."

"Oh, well then I guess I should let you go," Owen said disappointedly.

"I think that's a wise decision. You wouldn't want me to catch a cold before the honeymoon, would you?" Molly said seductively.

"No! Okay, this is me hanging up now and I'll see you soon. I mean, at ten. At the church, at ten, this morning, um, later this morning..."

"Say goodbye, Owen." Molly said as she began to hang up the phone. She laughed out loud as she heard her soon-to-be husband answer appropriately.

"Goodbye, Owen."

6:54:41

Jennifer looked over at Molly's wedding dress hanging in the doorway of her closet. It was such a beautiful dress, simple but elegant, so Molly in its own way. Jennifer couldn't help but remember her own wedding and the dress she had worn. It was a beautiful dress back then, but a little dated as to today's taste. She still had that dress and had even suggested that Molly might want to wear it for her wedding. Molly had been quick to point out that the dress was old fashioned, and it hadn't brought much good luck to Jennifer's own marriage. Molly had decided she wanted a new one that didn't hold any bad vibes.

Jennifer snorted - bad vibes. How could a damn dress hold "vibes" at all? But who was she to contradict her daughter. She was only the mother of the bride. With a smile Jennifer went into the closet and looked at her dress for the wedding. It was a soft blue, long and elegant. She loved that dress and Molly had loved it too, when they had first seen it.

Maybe Seth would love it too. Jennifer grinned to herself. She was so happy to have Seth escorting her to the wedding and later the reception. She hoped he would like the dress as much as she did. She certainly liked him, and he seemed to like her.

Just then the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Jennifer, it's Seth. I hope I didn't wake you."

"Not at all. I've been up for a while," Jennifer smiled.

"I thought you might be. I wanted to confirm what we're doing for today. You want me to meet you at the church at quarter to ten."

"Yes, Molly and I will have arrived by then in the limo. She'll be getting last minute preparations done to her makeup and hair. I'll be with her, but I'll want you to walk me into the church and down to that front pew. We'll make quite a splash," Jennifer laughed.

"They'll think I'm the father of the bride," Seth chuckled.

"Let them," Jennifer said bitterly. "That asshole doesn't deserve any recognition."

"Now, now, my dear. Bitterness doesn't become you."

"You're right," Jennifer sighed. "But we make a very handsome couple."

"Yes we do. I hope I can see you again after the wedding?"

"I'd like that."

"So, I'll be at the church by quarter to ten."

"Thanks, Seth."

They hung up each with a smile on their face.