- Text Size +

 



7:03:06

"OH MY GOD!" Drew heard the shriek emanating from their bedroom and bouncing off the apartment walls. "It's after seven; you let me sleep until after seven! How could you?!"

Drew heard Emmett trying to get out of bed. Drew had the sheets and blankets tightly tucked around the screaming queen, giving Drew the time he needed to place the breakfast he just prepared into the warming oven. The coffee was ready and the table set. All Drew needed was his partner. A calm partner, calm being the operative word.

"Good morning, baby," Drew said sweetly, as he entered the bedroom only to see Emmett struggling helplessly against the sheets. He managed to get himself very tangled.

"Don't you 'baby' me, Drew Boyd! Now get me out of this bed," Emmett screamed.

"No," Drew stated calmly.

"No? What the fuck do you mean by no?"

"Just exactly how it sounds. No. I will not set you free until you've calmed yourself down and you see reason." Drew puffed himself up, showing off his considerable muscles to the lanky queen in his bed.

"But I need to..."

"No, you don't."

"No?"

"No."

"But Sean..."

"Emmett, babe, you said it yourself. Sean is a godsend. He's a great chef and has a wonderful head for business. Now I've already spoken to him..."

"You did what?"

"I spoke with Sean two hours ago. Everything is under control. All you need to do right now is to have a good breakfast, take a shower, put on your finery and be a guest at Molly's wedding."

"But Drew..."

"No buts, unless it's your sweet butt getting into the shower. Now, are you going to behave or do I have to get tough?" Emmett appeared to be contemplating what Drew said but he was still unconvinced. "Babe, how long have you been in your party planning business?"

"Oh, God, years. I mean what decade is this? Me and Vic started the business..."

"That's right, you and Vic and he passed away a long time ago, right?" Emmett nodded with a sad look in his eyes. "You and your crew have been at this for a very long time. You have a well executed game plan and Sean has been trained very thoroughly by you, now let him do what you hired him for. Molly is counting on you to make sure all goes well during the wedding. No photographers falling over, cracking their heads on marble steps, and no drooping decorations. Let Sean take care of the other stuff so you can make it all perfect at the church. Now, do we have a deal?" Emmett nodded. "I want to hear it from you, Babe. You going to behave and eat a good breakfast before we go flying off to the church?"

"Yes, Drewsie," Emmett said in his best contrite voice.

"All right. I love you," Drew said as he untangled his lover.

Emmett wrapped his arms around Drew in a grateful hug. "I love you too. Um, would it be okay if I at least called over to the bistro to double check on things?"

Drew took Emmett's cell phone from the pocket of his robe, hit number two on the speed dial then handed the phone to his lover. Emmett smiled broadly as Drew kissed his cheek then went back to the kitchen to set out their breakfast.

"Thank you, honey," Emmett called out before Sean said hello.

7:12:34

Brian stirred in his bed. It had been a long night and he hadn't slept all that well. With his eyes still closed he began to stretch, working out the kinks.

"Ooofff!" Brian snapped opened his eyes. There looking down on him were the deep violet blue eyes of his daughter. Her fine strawberry blond hair flying in all different directions. "You may be a Taylor but you certainly have my bed head," Brian muttered to himself.

"I be flower girl now?" Briana ignored the comment, focusing solely on the task she was given to perform for the day.

"Yes, Squirt, today is the day you'll be the flower girl."

"Yay!!!!!" Briana squealed as she bounced on her Dada's tummy and full bladder.

"Bree, I think Daddy has started breakfast," Brian began, noting wonderful aromas wafting from the kitchen. "Go sit at the table while I get up."

"Peepee in the toilet, Dada," Bree said decisively to her Dada as she climbed off Mount Kinney, and bounced her happy little self toward the kitchen. Brian sighed as he got out of bed to go empty his bladder and heard his two blonds giggling gleefully.

"I am so fucked," Brian muttered to himself as he shut the bathroom door.

7:48:29

"Oh Molly, your hair is perfect!" Jennifer exclaimed as the stylist was putting on the finishing touches. Molly decided on a simple French twist to keep her fine hair under control. The stylist had woven in a string of pearl-like beads that gave off a warm glow under the lights. Molly may have lost some control over the wedding and the reception, but she stood firm on the style of dress and hair. Jennifer had to admit, Molly knew exactly what she was doing.

"You think Owen will like it?" The stylist held up a mirror so that Molly could see the beads.

"Oh sweetheart, you're so beautiful; he'd be a fool if he didn't. And my daughter is too smart to marry a fool!"

Mother and daughter were working very hard at not bursting out into happy tears and ruining their makeup.

"Now, now, now, ladies," the stylist, Jean-Luc, began. "Emmett will have me drawn and quartered if your make-up is ruined before we get to the main event. So, mother Jennifer, go back to your room so that Stefan can finish dressing you. I'll finish up with Miss Molly." Jean-Luc made some whooshing motions toward Jennifer, urging the woman out of Molly's room and back to hers. Jennifer carefully kissed her daughter's cheek then left her in the capable hands of Jean-Luc.

7:53:32

"Briana Victoria Kinney-Taylor!" Justin used his most stern fatherly voice at the bathroom door. "Out of the shower, now! We have to get you dressed."

"My special pretty dress?" Justin heard the tiny voice call back from the other side of the door.

"Yes, and you can't wear it if you're dripping wet." Justin stood with his hands on his hips. He was half dressed, just needing to put on the jacket to his tux.

"We have plenty of time, Sunshine," Brian's voice came through the door.

"Yes, Daddy, we girls have to preen!" Briana added her opinion to her Dada's, using words she had often heard her Dada speak.

Justin stood staring at the door, listening to Brian lift the child out of the shower, dry her off then carefully give their daughter fashion and hair styling tips. Justin opened the door, just a crack to peer into the bathroom. His spouse and daughter were wrapped up in their thick robes, Bree watching her Dada intently as he combed and styled his thick brunet hair. After he added in a little gel to make his hair stay where he had combed it, Brian turned to his daughter for her opinion.

"Perfect, Dada!"

"Your turn, Miss Squirt."

Justin shut the door, smiling, thinking to himself, 'Bree may have my genes but she's all Brian.' And Justin wouldn't have it any other way.