- Text Size +

 



4:02:19

"Brian, did you ever get back to the tanning salon?" They were sitting at the kitchen counter eating a snack before they had to go to the wedding rehearsal. The dinner was to follow after but Justin wasn't sure if Bree could hold out. He also packed her bag with other goodies and juice boxes just in case.

"Not really, something came up," Brian said with tongue in cheek.

"Uh huh." Justin gave Brian a sideways glance. Brian gave him an innocent smile. "We don't really need you at the rehearsal. You can meet us at the reception hall."

"So, what am I supposed to be doing when you're traipsing up and down the aisle?"

"Working on your tan, you big goof. Dinner isn't until seven-thirty; you'll be golden brown by then," Justin came around the counter to give Brian a hug. His hand slowly made its way down Brian's back, coming to rest on Brian's taut ass. Justin gave Brian's butt a little pat.

"Pretty damn sure of yourself, aren't you, Sunshine," Brian stated as he leaned back to look into Justin's eyes. Justin waggled his eyebrows and nodded. "You are a bad little boy."

"Uh huh, just the way you like me," Justin said confidently then reached up on his toes to give Brian a kiss.

"Yeah, I do," Brian murmured into Justin's mouth as he returned the kiss.

"Go, now, before something else comes up," Justin said as he pushed Brian back. "I'll call you if we need you." Brian nodded his consent.

"You be good for your Daddy, Squirt, and I'll see you later at dinner." Brian gave Bree a kiss as he grabbed his coat and keys.

"I be good, Dada." Bree gave her Dada a sunny smile as Brian left the loft.

4:09:28

Molly lounged in the bathtub at Jennifer's condo. The water was getting cool and she knew she should get out. She just wasn't sure if she was ready to face the rehearsal and all her bridesmaids. At least Joanne would be there to support her, and Katerina. She had to remember the good things and not focus on the bad. She wouldn't let the fact that her wedding had become a three ring circus get her down. Brian was right. She could get through the next twenty-four hours. Then she and Owen would go away on their honeymoon and leave all this shit behind them. When they came back, everything would return to normal, except that she'd be a … married woman. She hugged herself and couldn't help but smile.

Just then the portable phone that she had set beside the tub rang. She reached over and picked it up. "Hello?"

"Moll."

"Owen," she sighed with happiness. He always seemed to know when she needed him.

"How…How are you?" he asked hesitantly. He knew she had been in a real funk about what had happened to the wedding, especially all the changes his mother had insisted upon.

"Better now … especially since I'm talking to you." Owen smiled. "I was ready to run away this morning. I told them all to fuck it and locked myself in my bedroom."

"Are you still in there, or are you coming to the rehearsal."

"I'll be there," Molly laughed. "I won't leave you at the altar, even if it is only the rehearsal."

"Thank God!" Owen chuckled. "And tomorrow?"

Molly sighed. She really had worried them all. She was being a bitch, but she felt so helpless until Brian had made her put it all in perspective. "I love you. I want to be Mrs. Owen Brenner … Junior," she added quickly.

"Yeah, you wouldn't want to be my mother, even if I love her dearly. She has such pretentious ideas."

"I guess the country club will provide quite the splash for the rehearsal dinner tonight."

"You guessed it. But we'll get through it … won't we?" Owen asked.

"We will, especially with you standing beside me."

"I love you, Moll."

"I love you too. I better get out of this bathtub."

"I could come join you," Owen said suggestively.

"On the honeymoon," Molly chuckled.

"I'll hold you to that."

"You won't have to. See you in a little while."

Molly hit the end button on the phone and climbed out of the tub.

4:14:14

"Molly," Jennifer called as she ran into the condo.

"I'm in the bathroom." Molly was drying off after her bath.

"You…you're not locking yourself in there?"

"No, Mother," Molly sighed. "I'm getting ready for the rehearsal."

Jennifer let out a breath of relief. "Great! I need to get ready too."

"I'll be out in a minute," Molly said. She finished drying herself off and wrapped the bath sheet around her body. She opened the door.

"Oh, Molly, I love you," Jennifer said pulling her daughter into a warm hug. "I'm so sorry the wedding hasn't turned out the way you want it."

"I know, Mom. It's okay. I can handle it."

"Are you sure, sweetheart?" Jennifer looked into her daughter's eyes trying to convince herself that everything was actually all right.

"I just talked to Owen. Everything is … fine."

"Fine?" Jennifer asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, maybe not fine, but reconciled."

Jennifer sighed. "Try to enjoy it, sweetheart. This is your big event, even if Sharon has hijacked it."

Molly laughed. "Hijacked! I like that description."

"Go get ready and so will I. I have a date." Jennifer breezed into her bedroom and closed the door.

"Date? Mother, when did this happen?" Molly stared at the closed door.

"Go get ready. All will be revealed in about a half an hour," Jennifer called out through the closed door.

Molly shook her head and went to get dressed.

4:27:18

Brian settled back on the tanning bed. He left strict instructions that no one was to disturb him except for Justin. He hoped all the crises were done for the day.

4:46:03

The doorbell at the Taylor condo buzzed. With a smile Jennifer opened the door. "Seth," she said looking her date up and down. She was very pleased with what she saw. Seth looked very distinguished in a charcoal gray suit and gray tie with red stripes. The gray strands of his hair at his temples seemed to complete the ensemble.

Seth felt his breath catch in his throat. He knew Jennifer Taylor was a beautiful woman, but dressed to the nines, she was breathtaking. "You look very lovely," he managed to get out.

"Thank you," Jennifer said with a big smile. "So do you." Seth chuckled. "Come in and meet the bride."

Seth followed her up the stairs. Molly waited in the living room, looking as lovely as her mother in a pale blue floral dress with a matching plain blue overjacket.

"Another beautiful Taylor lady," Seth said gallantly.

"Molly, this is Seth Harris. He's going to drive us to the rehearsal and then pick me up afterwards to go to the dinner."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Harris," Molly said extending her hand for him to shake. Mr. Harris looked like a cultured, charming man about her mother's age. Much better than Tucker.

"Likewise," Seth said. "I'm very happy to chauffeur two such lovely ladies."

"Then let's get going," Jennifer said grabbing her coat. Maybe this wedding would be more enjoyable than she had ever imagined. Seth took her arm and then Molly's escorting them to his car as they left the house. He made sure they were both settled comfortably before he backed out of the driveway and headed for the church. He had a big smile on his face.