- Text Size +

When did you start writing fanfic? What motivated you to start writing?

I started in June of last year after watching the show for the first time on Netflix.

I wanted more and my sister told me about fanfics. I started looking for stories that continued from the ending. When KD started I came to the site because of two stories (Somewhere Only We Know and Bittersweet Promise). I'd been stalking this site. The weird thing was I wrote the first chapter of Why Do I Love You not really intending to do anything with it, it was just something to do while waiting for stories to be updated. I never really intended to write more, just the chapter I wrote, and it took a few days before I put it on the site. I never expected anyone to really say much about it but when they did, I wrote more and kept going.

So my motivation was boredom and stories that weren't updating as fast as I wanted.

Have you written for other fandoms? If so, which ones?

No, but I would if I liked the show enough.

What do you do when you are not writing or reading fics?

I'm the most boring person on Earth. I hang out with my two sons and husband while reading. My youngest son will tell me to go write something when I seem to be harassing him too much. They think it's funny to watch me write because I talk a lot while I write but it never makes any sense to them.

What is your favorite QAF fanfic story?

The Talisman series by Paeansong

What is your favorite story that you have written?

It's a toss up for me, I like Born to Be Different and I had way too much fun with Strange Love.

Do you remember the first QAF fanfic that you read?

I read so many in one day but the one that stands out in my head is That Happy Feeling by Rizabeau.

Who is your favorite character to write about? Who is your least favorite character to write about?

I love the whole cast, but I love Justin because he can be strong or weak and he gives you a lot to work with, he's versatile. Believe it or not it's the same for me with Michael, his character is just as versatile. I never really liked or hated Michael and Lindsay the way it seems with how I write them, I just had a hard time understanding the friendships they had with Brian. While I love Brian, he is someone you can't change too much or you lose why you liked the character.  As for least favorite, it would be Craig because I couldn't see him ever changing.

Who are some of your favorite authors?

So, do you have a few pages? LOL. I love Nichelle Wellesly, Lorie, Charming 1, NoChaser, 7Wildwaysup, Brandi1111, Deb Tanner, Julesmonster, Tagsit, Wren, YumYumPM, and this list could go on for almost the entire fandom. With me it's if they keep me reading every line, not skipping over things because I just want to see where the story is going.

What is your favorite genre to write?

I don't really have a favorite but I've been trying to branch out into AU to avoid the same story over and over.

Do reviews motivate you? If not, what is your prime motivation to write?

I love reading reviews because sometimes they're writing a story inside a story. Of course they motivate me because I like that people are entertained by my stories. I put people in my stories because they entertained me by telling me what they think. One reviewer asked me to name something for them and I liked the idea, so I did. That poor cat is probably a hundred pounds by now.

Is there anything about your writing you don't like or wish you could do better?

I still can't get away from POV, I think it's because I hate not knowing what's going on in the head of a character.

Any advice to other writers or newer writers out there?

If someone offers to help, let them. Remember you're going to put your work out there anyway, and having someone read it and offer advice can only make it better, not worse. My beta, Lorie, really helped me, not only with grammar and punctuation but by asking me questions about things that weren't clear and people would want to know.  

Don't be afraid of posting a story because you're afraid of what people will say. If you're happy with what you wrote, it's really why you write. I never saw myself as being able to write anything until I did.

Use your emotions to gauge what you're writing. If you're laughing while you write something, it's a good indicator that others will think it's funny. If it's supposed to be heart wrenching, then you should feel it while you write it.

Don't let anyone tell you what to write. I've been really lucky that people haven't done that, but I know there have been other authors who've had that happen. It's your creation and you only know where it needs to go.

If you hate something you wrote, put it away and look at it later, because I've found a way to make a story out of something that didn't fit in another story.

What's your writing process? i.e. Do you outline an entire series before starting, or just start writing and see where it takes you?

I started out just writing a chapter then letting the story take me where it wanted to go. I've learned to at least know where it ends before I begin.

What new stories or projects do you have in the works?

Right now I have two stories to finish, but once those are done I've got an idea for an AU.     

The End.
Vic1 is the author of 14 other stories.
starlight is the author of 43 other stories.