- Text Size +

LINDSAY


After dinner with Dusty, Mel and I decided we really wanted to have a child that didn’t include the father. We both saw how hard it would be on Gus later if Brian and Justin had children who lived with them, and didn’t want to have it happen to our next child. So the sperm bank was where we would be headed this time. Mel was excited and dancing around when she opened our front door. We ran up the stairs after each other, laughing the way we did when it was the two of us. It wasn’t until the next morning that we discovered the mess. Gus called and woke us up, telling me about the house Brian and Justin were buying. It sounded like a castle the way Gus went on and on. It made me happy to hear that Brian was ready to really settle down, so when I screamed in horror, Gus thought I was upset and Brian grabbed the phone.


“Lindsay what the hell? You scared Gus.” Brian tells me.


“Brian, I have to call the police.” I tell him.


“What happened?” He ask.


“What the hell happened?” Mel asks, looking at the cut up furniture and everything thrown everywhere.


“Brian, someone destroyed our house.” I tell him shaking.


“Justin and I will be there as fast as we can.” He tell me.


“Gus can’t see this.” I tell him.


“I’ll get Ted to keep him.” Brian tells me.


Mel called the police and we sat on the steps waiting for them to arrive. The officers did a walk through while we were asked to tell the detective what we knew. One of the officers called the detective to the kitchen and told us to stay where we were. Brian came in as the detective came back and told us that he needed to question us about what they found in the kitchen.


“We haven’t been in the kitchen, is it any worse than the living room?” Mel asked.


“I think the person who did this found what they were looking for.” He tells us, looking angry at us.


“What, my frying pan?” Mel ask sarcastically.


“No, most likely the drugs you were hiding.” He tells us.


“What are you talking about?” Mel asks.


“The pharmacy in your pantry.” He tells her.


“It’s called flour.” Mel tells him, getting pissed.


“Call it whatever you want, I call it harboring illegal drugs. You both can explain it when I take you in.” He tells her.


“This is bullshit.” Mel tells him, as he tries to handcuff her.


“Mel, I’m going to call Dan and Carl. Just do what they want.” Brian tells her when we can see she was about to blow.


“Ma’am, are we going to have a problem?” The officer asked me.


“No.” I told him, trying to hold it together when they handcuffed me.


“Brian, Gus.” Mel tells him.


“Will be fine, I’ll take him to Alex.” Justin tells her, hugging her before they took her and I out.


BRIAN


Dan came into the police station and found Justin and I talking to Carl.


“Why would they call the police if there was anything in the house?” Justin asks Carl.


“Justin, we have to investigate it. I don’t believe for a second that the drugs belong to them, but they can’t take my word for it.” He tells Justin.


“Carl, what are they being charged with?” Dan asks.


“Possession, there isn’t a pharmacy the way Detective Fredrick’s made it sound.” Carl tells him.


“Have they been questioned?” Dan asks.


“No, Mel said she wouldn’t talk till you got here.” I tell him.


“They want to call child services, for Gus.” Carl tells us.


“I have custody if anything happens to Mel or Lindsay.” I tell him.


“At least it’s one less thing for them to worry about.” Carl tells us.


“Carl, you know they wouldn’t do something like this.” I tell him.


“Brian, there is nothing Carl could do without making it worse. Let me talk to them, you go stay with Gus.” Dan tells me.


“Dan, I just remembered something, Lindsay couldn’t find her house key yesterday.” Justin tells him.


“She couldn’t?” I ask.


“When we got back to the house she was looking for it, but when you and Mel pulled up, we were all talking and I’m sure Mel opened the door.” He tells Dan.


“And Michael had the key that Lindsay kept for my loft. He told me he took it from Lindsay. Lindsay wouldn’t have handed him the key so it’s likely he stole her whole keyring.” I tell Dan.


“Only one problem, Michael is still here.” Carl tells us.


“Justin, it’s time to tell Carl how Michael managed to get away with harassing you.” Dan tells him.


Carl took Justin and me to his office, while Dan went to see Mel and Lindsay. Justin explained what Michael and Chris did to him.


“Justin, no one should get away with doing those kind of things.” Carl tell him.


“I had a hard time getting anyone to believe me. The school acted like I was doing it for attention and I couldn’t prove anything.” He tells Carl.


“If you had reported it, the school would have been forced to listen to me.” He tells Justin.


“I didn’t know you at the time. Dan at least got the school to pay attention and it stopped. It’s just this is the kind of stuff I could see them trying to do.” Justin tells Carl.


“Michael hasn’t had any visitors since he’s been here.” Carl tells us.


“Did he call anyone?” Justin asks him.


“I can check.” Carl tells us.


We waited for Carl to see what he could find out. He came back looking as if he didn’t want to tell us what he found out.


“Justin, the number he called belongs to a Craig Taylor.” He tells us.


“Trust me, my father wouldn’t help Michael if Michael called him.” Justin tells him.


“This is the number we have.” Carl tells him showing him.


“Fuck, she wouldn’t have done this. Brian, Molly wouldn’t have.” Justin tells me.


“I hope not, because this isn’t a game when it affects Gus.” I tell Justin.


Dan came out about an hour later. He was on the phone when he came out.


“I can have them out on bail. I called in a favor to make it happen. Brian, for now Gus can’t be with them if you don’t want to have problems. Mel and Lindsay agreed to do drug testing to at least prove they didn’t use the drugs that were found. We need to find out if anyone saw someone going into the house while they were gone. What?” He asks when he looks at Justin.


“Michael called Molly’s phone.” Justin tells Dan.


“So he found a way to call Chris.” Dan tells us.


“How do we prove that? Michael can say he talked to Molly. There is no way to prove he didn’t.” Carl tells him.


“Then ask Michael, when he says Molly, then we let Molly see what helping Chris does.” Justin tells us.


“Justin, just be prepared if Molly ends up trying to protect Chris.” Dan tells him.


MOLLY


The school called me to the office where my Dad, Dan, and another man were waiting.


“Molly, they want to know why someone called you from the police station.” My Dad told me.


“No one called me, I mean some guy called, but he just said to tell Chris to get his keys for him.” I tell him, confused.


“Why would someone call your phone for Chris?” Dad asks.


“I don’t know, the guy used to call all the time, but hadn't since you told Chris he needed to leave Justin alone.” She tells him.


“Do you know the guy’s name?” Dan asks.


“Michael, that's all. Why?” I ask.


“Molly, you know the things Justin told you.” Dan tells me.


“They didn’t hurt Justin, please tell me they didn’t. Chris promised it wasn’t about Justin.” I tell them, scared.


“Molly, what is going on?” Dad asks.


“What's going on is, your stepson can't seem to get over wanting Justin and has now involved your daughter in his crimes. Molly, you need to understand that if Justin wants to he can still report what was happening to him. I made sure we kept all the evidence.” Dan tells us.


“I didn’t do anything.” I tell him.


“Helping them find Justin makes you just as guilty.” He tells me.


“I'd like you to leave, you can speak to my attorney.” Dad tells them.


“Before I go, Molly it's time to be the adult you wanted to be in Brian’s office.” Dan tells me.


“I heard Chris telling Michael he'd destroy the house and put something in the kitchen. That's all I know.” I tell him, even with my Dad trying to stop me.


“Thank you.” Dan tells me.


DAN


Michael just doesn’t know when to just give up. I watched as Deb sat across from him, begging him to tell the truth. Carl finally went in and got her when Michael told her he no longer wanted to see her.


Craig was sitting and waiting as they had Chris and Molly in for questioning. I think Craig got a clue when Chris came unglued seeing Brian and Justin together.


“Get your fucking hands off him.” Chris screamed.


“Chris, it's not time to worry about the faggots.” Craig tells him, which had his attorney cringing.


“I don’t want anyone touching Justin.” Chris gritted through his teeth.


“Brian doesn’t either.” I tell him.


“I'll make him sorry for taking Justin from me.” He tells us.


Craig almost fell over at that point, it really made my day to see the asshole realize he traded one gay son for another.


“Justin, I didn’t know.” Craig tells him.


“Even if you did, I doubt you would have cared. Deal with your family, I have my own.” Justin tells him.


“You're with him?” Craig asks, looking disappointed.


“It's none of you business, you lost the right to know when you told me I wasn’t your son.” Justin tells him, going into Carl's office.


“Make sure Molly doesn’t suffer for the family you choose over Justin.” Brian tells him, following Justin.


Two hours later, Mel and Lindsay were released, and Craig was finding out that the trade off wasn't the game winner he believed.