- Text Size +

JUSTIN


This entire week was one that everyone was ready to leave behind. Ben ended up losing his job because the school wasn’t thrilled that he endangered a student. Brian seemed to think I was going to try and help Ben keep his job, but truthfully I couldn’t see letting him do what he did to me, to someone else. To me, Ben wasn't innocent when it came to what happened, and I couldn't see helping him out of something he caused.


Mel and Lindsay were cleared of all charges after Chris’s prints were found in the house and on the drugs. Chris destroyed more than the house, he destroyed the safety Mel and Lindsay felt in their home. They both decided it was time to look for a new house.


Michael was finding out that Chris wasn’t going to sink on his ship alone. I really enjoyed the way Chris tried to say that it was my fault for making him think that I wanted him.


Michael thought he couldn’t be blamed since he was in jail. Dan let him know that since he stole the key that Chris used, it was as good as being the one who broke into the girls’ house. Carl, with my permission, sat Deb down and showed her the file Dan kept on what was happening to me. It wasn’t easy making her see that Michael wasn’t the sweet boy she believed. Carl wanted her to realize that she couldn't save Michael or expect anyone else to.


I hated that I had to let Molly be included in all of it, but she needed to learn that there were consequences for her actions. Until it all went to court, the DA agreed that Molly would be better off with community service.


With everything mostly settled, I thought ,why not get coffee again. Lindsay came along, laughing at me when I kept checking to see if anyone I didn’t want to talk to would show up. We were walking out of the coffee shop without a run in, when Lindsay cursed. I looked at the people she was looking at.


“Who are they?” I ask her.


“My parents and sister, you know how your father feels. They do to, only they hide it behind smiles and backhanded remarks.” She tells me.


“My father never learned the art of WASP.” I tell her.


“Maybe we could introduce him to the master, my mother.” Lindsay tells me, pasting on a fake smile when her mother walks over.


LINDSAY


“You won't believe it, but Lynette is finally giving us a grandchild.” Mom tells me.


“Larry finally convinced her to ruin her perfect figure?” I ask.


“Lindsay, I think you mean Lewis.” She corrects me.


“Who's Lewis? I remember Steven, Brad, and Larry. Sorry it's just hard to remember who she marries, it changes so often.” I tell her, smiling the whole way.


“Sorry, I guess I forgot that we didn't invite you to Paris when she married Lewis.” She tells me, scoring one.


“I'm sure it was no different than the last three weddings. I can just have Justin change the groom in one of those pictures. It’ll be like I was there.” I tell her.


“Oh, is this someone I should know?” She glances at Justin.


“Look at my manners, Justin this is my mother, Nancy. Mother this is Justin Taylor, we work together.” I tell her.


“You're a teacher too?” She asks him.


“No, I own a graphic design business.” He tells her.


“I thought you were still teaching?” She asks.


“I quit to raise Gus. Justin hired me to work for him when I decided to go back to work.” I tell her.


“Lynette is so lucky, Lewis can afford for her to stay home.” She tells me.


“Which would make sense since she's never held down a job. I'm sure the nanny will love having Lynette tell her how she wants the baby raised.” I tell her, grabbing Justin and leaving.


“Are you alright?” Justin asks.


“I stopped trying to get them to accept me. I can’t be someone I'm not.” I tell him.


“How many husbands has she had?” He asks.


“I don’t remember, I'm not even sure I got the names right.” I tell him, laughing at how ridiculous my parents are for being proud of my sister.


“I just realized I got coffee without having something happen to me.” He tells me smiling.


“I’m so happy that my pain saved you.” I tell him, laughing harder.


“Justin, is that you?” A woman asks.


“Damn it, yes Mother, it’s me.” He tells her.


BRIAN


Lindsay and I sat watching Justin pace back and forth in my office. I waited for him to say something but it was like he just wanted us to sit and watch him.


“What caused this?” I whisper to Lindsay.


“Coffee.” Lindsay tells me.


“I’m buying him a machine, nothing is worth the trouble he seems to find at that coffee shop.” I tell her.


“I’ll help pay for it, since he’s passed the curse on to me. We ran into my family first.” She tells me.


“What’s with the pacing?” Ted asks sitting down.


“Coffee.” Lindsay tells him.


“Did he drink a whole pot?” Ted asks, as Justin was silently arguing with himself.


“No, apparently every time we go out for coffee, bad things happen to him.” Daphne tells us, sitting on the arm of my chair.


“What bad thing happened this time?” Ted asks.


“He found out his mother was moving back here.” Lindsay tells us.


“Lovely, I’m sure she’ll just love you Brian.” Daphne tells me.


“I’m lovable, just ask Justin.” I tell her.


“Why is she even here?” Justin asks the air then paces again.


“Don’t answer, he will.” I tell them.


“You know why, because for once everything was going great and I was going to tell you that waiting to get married was stupid since the only thing missing is the rings on our fingers.” Justin rants.


“Did he just…?” Ted asks.


“Yes Ted, which means all of you, out.” I tell them.


They all left so I could calm Justin down. Justin didn’t seem to realize what he was saying. Not that I wanted to stop him. I just stopped him from pacing and sat him down.


“Justin I want us to get married, but not because you're pissed that your mother showed up.” I tell him.


“What? That’s not why.” He tells me.


“Than what made you ready for it?” I ask him.


“Why fight being married when you’re the only person I could ever want to be with the rest of my life?” He asks me.


“Then we decided when, and how.” I tell him.


“Can't we just get married without it being a big production?” He asks.

“I’m fine with us just getting married the way we want to, but I don’t want you one day thinking we should have done more than sign papers.” I tell him.


“I don’t want to do it for anyone but us. It’s just, for once we don’t have to consider everyone else in our decisions. The only people who should be happy with our wedding is us. I don’t even see why anyone needs to be involved in it.” He tells me.


“Justin are you sure this isn’t because your mother is here?” I ask him.


“Her being here really doesn’t affect my life. She stopped being a part of it when she left. The only time she calls is when she’s upset that Molly won’t talk to her. I have a feeling she’s here because of  what happened. She wants Molly to live with her and this just proves how little my father was paying attention to her. If she knew we were getting married she want us to have a wedding that included people that aren’t part of my life.” He tells me.


“I want Gus to be there, and I’m sure Alex would like to be there.” I tell him.


“Daphne and Grant would kill me.” He tells me.


“Lindsay would be heartbroken and Mel would need to see it to believe it. Are you really ready to face the wrath of Emmett if you don’t let him help?” I tell him, when I can see he knows there are people we need to include. “Cynthia would kick my ass and most likely call in sick if we didn’t invite her. I want Blake to stand up for me.” I tell him.


“It’s going to be more than a small wedding, if you keep coming up with people to be there.” He tells me.


“I’ve never been one to be impressed with small, nine or larger was my motto.” I tell him.


“Well Princess, have fun planning. Let me know where to stand and when to say I do, and I will.” He tells me, trying to get away.


“It would probably be better if I planned it, you’d probably end up ordering the wrong food, flowers and well I think dinner should be something other than pizza or eggs on toast.” I tell him.


“It’s not going to work, I’m not the one who wants the wedding of his dreams, you are.” He tells me smiling.


“I plan million dollar campaigns, a wedding will be a breeze.” I tell him.


“I’m sure all bridezilla’s think that too.” He tells me, leaving.