- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The world of the Groupie.

Opening my door to see Michael standing there was totally out of the blue. I hadn’t really seen him in the month or two since I’d moved back to Pittsburgh. I looked to see if Brian was behind him but he was alone.

 

“Not that I’m not happy to see you, but is there a reason you're here?” I ask.

 

“I need a place to stay, I didn’t know where to go.” He tells me.

 

I let him in and he’s acting like he’s scared of something. “Michael what’s going on?” I ask.

 

“Just promise you won’t tell anyone I’m here.” He tells me.

 

“What’s going on, you’re worrying me.” I tell him.

 

“I don’t even know how to tell you.” He tells me.

 

“Is something wrong with Ben?” I ask.

 

“God, make sure he doesn’t find out I’m here either.” He tells me and now I’m scared, because he just said not to tell Ben how to find him.

 

“Michael, what the hell is going on?” I ask him.

 

“I went to see Lindsay and Mel, and I did something really stupid.” He tells me.

 

“Can you stop with the dramatic pauses and tell me.” I ask him, ready to call Lindsay and find out.

 

“I went out one night and fuck, I was talking to a guy and I woke up in bed with him. Now the guy is stalking me. He showed up at Mel and Lindsay’s house saying he was in love with me and that he dreamed of me.” He tells me.

 

Now, I really wanted to know what Michael Novotny did to rock someone's world so much that the guy wouldn’t leave, it was Michael, not say, Brian. I managed not to let my curiosity get the better of me. Okay, so it was disbelief.

 

“Are you afraid of what Ben is going to say?” I ask.

 

‘What the hell was he thinking’, followed by ‘get the fuck out’, came to mind. Not that I said them. I'm sure Michael doesn’t need to be reminded that Ben is going to kick his ass to the curb.

 

“The guy followed me here.” Michael tells me.

 

“Why?” I ask, still trying to wrap my head around Michael having a stalker.

 

“He said I, we, were soul mates.” He tells me.

 

When Brian walked in he gave Michael a puzzled look.

 

“I thought you were with the girls another week?” Brian asks.

 

“Michael had to make a hasty retreat.” I tell Brian.

 

“Why, did you piss Smelly Melly off, and now you realize that she could kick your ass?” Brian jokes.

 

“Worse, he met his soul mate.” I tell Brian.

 

“And?” Brian asks

 

“I have my own Justin.” He tells us.

 

“Excuse me, there is only one of me and no one will ever manage what I did.” I tell him, a little offended. “My stalking ended with marrying my victim”, wait, that sounded a bit strange.

 

“We know you married “Brian Fucking Kinney”.” Michael says, the way he use to say ‘Best Friend’ like no one knew. Am I proud of the fact that it sounded the same, sure, why not.

 

“So you tricked and now you're hiding from Zen Ben. I’m sure he’ll come up with the seven year itch excuse or some weird reason that will make it sound as if it made sense somehow. Of course it will probably be after he kicks your ass to the curb.” Brian really didn’t need to add that part.

 

“Oh God, he’s going to hate me.” Michael starts freaking out.

 

“Tell him you were just testing how Brian and I could do it for years, you know, you’ve always wanted to prove that open relationships don’t work.” I tell him, and it was the best I could come up with on short notice.

 

“The guy followed me here.” Michael tells me.

 

“Wait, the guy followed you here?” Brian asks.

 

“Not here, here. To Pittsburg, that's why I’m here and not home. The asshole thinks that we were made for each other.” Michael tells us.

 

“Okay, I have to say it, you actually did something that made a guy… I can’t even say it.” I say looking at Brian.

 

“Did he follow you here?” Brian gets all serious.

 

“I don’t know, I just took off when I saw him at the airport. I stupidity told him where I live.” Michael tells him.

 

“You possibly brought a guy to my house that might be psycho enough to want to kill the competition. TO MY HOUSE, WHERE MY HUSBAND IS?” Yikes, Brian wasn’t happy.

 

“Brian, I couldn’t let him near Ben.” Michael tells him.

 

“But Justin was okay? What the hell were you thinking? Why not call Carl?” Brian asks, which seems to confuse Michael. “Carl’s a cop. A cop who could arrest the guy if he doesn’t leave you alone.” Brian tells him.

 

“I’m not a weak faggot, Brian.” I tell him, offended that he would even think I couldn’t take care of myself.

 

“I never said you were, but sue me because I don’t like the idea of some asshole coming here and making you defend yourself.” Brian tells me, so I kiss him for not meaning he thought I was weak.

 

“Could you two make out some other time? I have a problem.” Michael reminds us again.

 

“Sorry, when Justin offers, I never say no. Look, I’ll go tell the guy to leave or he’ll have to deal with me.” Brian tells him, and I just love when he gets all protective.

 

“Really, my life is in danger and you think I need to see you two fuck each other?” Michael complains.

 

“Fine, I’ll go get rid of your problem and then you go home.” Brian tells him.

 

We sat around with Michael jumping at every noise. When the phone rang he ran as if it was the sign of the apocalypse.

 

“Hey Linds, what’s happening in Canada?” I ask, because saying ‘how the fuck did Mikey land a stalker’ just sounded mean.

 

“Nothing now, but Justin, you might want to tell Brian to keep Michael away from you.” She tells me.

 

“Too late, he showed up about an hour ago telling me about the trick who wouldn’t leave.” I tell her, and man, sometimes words just come back to haunt you forever.

 

“Justin, what did he tell you about being here?” Lindsay asks.

 

“That he hooked up, and said hook-up showed up wanting the love of his life, when Michael thought it was only a trick.” I tell her, and why does this sound is like my life in rewind?

 

“Justin, there’s something you need to know about Jude. He’s not the kind of guy you would think Michael would want.” She tells me.

 

“In what way?” I ask her.

 

“He’s blond haired, blue eyed and oh, looks a lot like you.” She tells me.

 

“Huh… wait, you’re saying… Oh man, I think I’m about to get sick… Michael goes for like, Brian or Ben.” I tell her.

 

“I’m just saying, don’t be surprised when you see the guy.” She tells me.

 

“I need to go, someone’s at the door.” I tell her, not wanting to hear Mikey wanted me.

 

I get up and look out and just stare. No fucking way. Michael walked up behind me and I turn to him.

 

“Care to explain why you fucked a shitty copy of me?” I ask.

 

“It wasn’t like that… it was just… shit he likes the comic and we were talking about how JT and Rage… and I kind of lied and said Rage was based on me... don’t look at me like that.” Michael tells me.

 

“Who the fuck are you?” Brian asks from outside.

 

“I’m Jude Thompson.” He tells Brian.

 

“Really Michael?” I ask.

 

“Michael, something you want to tell me?” Brian asks, holding Jude by the neck.

 

“Hey, why do you look like me?” Jude asks me.

 

“You don’t have the ass or the looks to be Justin.” Brian tells him, dropping him.

 

“Rage loves my ass, right Brian?” Jude asks, looking at Michael, not Brian.

 

“JT shut up.” Michael tells him.

 

“Brian, can we just go to your loft?” Jude asks him.

 

“Yeah Brian, why not take JT to your lair.” Brian tells him.

 

“I’m sure your partner would love to meet JT.” I tell Michael.

 

“Are these the two stepford fags?” He asks Michael.

 

“Why yes we are, and it greatly offends us that Brian would bring his side piece to our home.” Brian says, amazingly without cracking up.

 

“Brian can’t be tied down to one man. We talked about being able to have an open relationship, because we understand that it doesn’t affect our feelings for each other.” Jude preaches to us.

 

“Well that’s just so interesting, but how about you two go be interesting away from us.” Brian tells Jude.

 

“Brian be nice.” Michael tells him.

 

“You’re friends with someone named Brian?” Jude asks.

 

“Michael, I’m starting to get insulted here. I’m not this stupid.” I tell him.

 

“Why are you calling him Michael?” Jude asks.

 

“Most likely because his name is Michael, and this is Brian, and since I’m Justin, not who ever you think I am, shit, just get out.” I tell the idiots.

 

“Justin, I can’t go home to Ben.” Michael whines.

 

“So you're really Rage?” Jude asks, smiling at Brian.

 

“Yes, but you're not JT.” Brian tells him, glaring.

 

“I could be anyone you want me to be.” He tells Brian, and I guess it’s okay for me to want to kick his ass.

 

“Hey, I thought you said I was the man of your dreams?” Michael asks, offended.

 

“Michael are you really trying to keep the guy you screwed around on Ben with?” I ask, while standing in front of Brian.

 

“What? We didn’t screw around.” Jude tells us.

 

“Made love if it makes you feel better, either way it’s screwing around.” I tell him.

 

“He passed out at the bar and I put him to bed in my hotel. Nothing happened.” Jude really needs to stop leering at Brian.

 

“Then why were you saying you loved me?” Michael asks.

 

“I thought you were Rage.” Jude tells him.

 

“Shit, he’s a groupie.” I tell Brian.

 

“So you're the real JT?” Is he really leering at me now?

 

“Okay groupie boy, I’m Brian, not Rage, and this is Justin, not JT. That over there is Michael, AKA Zephyr, and that door is your way out.” Brian tells him, pointing at our front door.

 

“If your name isn’t Brian or Justin Kinney then out you go.” Brian tells them, as he pushes them out the door.

 

Closing the door, Brian looks at me and slides down the door, laughing his ass off. When he got it under control he looks at me, confused at why I’m glaring at the door.

 

“Why do all the JT groupies always seem like airheads?” I ask.



To be continued.
starlight is the author of 43 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked A Day in our Lives also liked 663 other stories.