[Reviews - 117] starstarPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

Here I go with my first multi-chaptered story in over 3 years.  I really hope you will enjoy it.  Some time ago someone suggested the idea of turning around the series plot involving the Prom bashing 180 degrees, and then seeing what might have happened if it was Brian who was Hobbs' victim rather than Justin.  I found the idea intriguing, so I'm going with it.  Of course there will be drama and angst, but just remember how my stories end up and take heart.  So without delay, here is the beginning of a whole new light on the love story of Brian and Justin.  

 

But first, of course, I must give my undying appreciation to my dear Judy for her beta help.  And a special appreciation to the very talented and thoughtful Kim for the evocative banner for my story.  I love you girls dearly.


Rated: M
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: Bashing, M/M, What if...
Genres: Alternate Canon, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Drama, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes
Word count: 64386 Read: 44609
ePub Downloads: 59 Published: Mar 13, 2017 Updated: May 05, 2019
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. The Dance by mandagrammy [Reviews - 14] half-star (2370 words)

The story opens up with the iconic Prom Dance from the final episode of Season 1.  It may begin in a very familiar way, but the night will end in a most disturbing and unexpected manner.  How will it affect the budding romance between the ad-man and his young lover?

2. The Hospital by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] half-star (2101 words)

Brian has been rushed to the hospital, Justin standing beside him.  When the hospital staff ask for next of kin, Justin instinctively gives them the name of the one person he knows Brian trusts the most.  

3. The Waiting by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (2553 words)

Brian is in a coma, and Debbie has to take on the unwelcome task of informing all that need to know about this tragic event.  Reactions are, to say the least, mixed.

4. The Awakening by mandagrammy [Reviews - 6] half-star (2099 words)

Nearly three agonizing weeks have passed.  Brian finally wakes from his coma.  But just how much damage has the injury to his brain created?  

5. The Lost Boy by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (1932 words)

 

 

Brian has come out of his coma, but although elated at his improvement, Justin is devastated to learn that Brian doesn't remember him at all.  This is made even worse by the fact that Justin blames himself entirely for what has happened to Brian.  He finds it impossible to deal with his guilt, choosing to distance himself from Brian's circle.  Michael is forced once again to choose between his love for Brian and his doctor boyfriend.

 

6. The Trial by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (2006 words)

A little time has passed since Brian woke from his coma.  He has healed enough to be released from the hospital, and finally able to return to work, and is now ready for the trial to begin.  The question is, will there be any justice for Brian?

7. The Closing Trial and Verdict by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (2709 words)

The trial continues and it is time for Justin to testify.  What will be the outcome of the trial?  Will justice be served?  And how will Brian react seeing Justin for the first time in person after hearing so much about him that he finds hard to believe?  

8. The Aftermath by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (2106 words)

The trial for Chris Hobbs is over, ending in a way that none of the Liberty Avenue gang hoped for.  Despite this, life goes on.  Brian is trying to get back to normal, while Justin feels compelled to run from his pain and guilt.  However, a letter for Justin and strange visions (awake and asleep) for Brian might bring about changes in the future.

9. The Meetings by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] half-star (2394 words)

Justin has returned home and is slowly letting the past back into his life, but a chance meeting may affect his future.  Meanwhile, Brian is learning more about his missing year and is about ready to include the story of Justin Taylor too.

 

10. The First Confrontation by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] half-star (2393 words)

Justin's friendship with Ethan is beginning to take root over his work on a sketch of the violinist, but he still finds thoughts of Brian holding him back from giving in to the young man's obvious advances.  Meanwhile, Brian finds himself intrigued after seeing Justin at the trial, and thinks seriously about how to learn more about the kid that everyone tells him was so important in his life.

11. The Past Revisited by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (2461 words)

Brian and Justin finally spend a little one-on-one time together.  Justin begins to reveal stories of their time together before the infamous night at the Prom Dance.  Is Brian beginning to get an inkling as to why his friends are so adamant that Justin was important to him?  Will he want to learn more?

12. The Reenactment by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] half-star (2881 words)

Justin waits impatiently for that all important call from Brian, so they can meet again.  Meanwhile, Brian has something else on his mind that he wants to accomplish first.  But once that is done, it is time to call the man who knows everything Brian is wanting to know about his missing year.  Where will it all lead to?

I'm dedicating this chapter to a fellow QAFer, Nicole Roker, for directly being responsible for the plot in the second part of this chapter.  Her post on Facebook is the inspiration for what Brian decides to do to Hobbs.  Thank you, Nicole, for letting me use your idea in my story.

 

13. The Sunday Morning After by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (2426 words)

Saturday was only the beginning of Brian and Justin reconnecting.  What will Sunday morning bring?  And whose Sunday morning will be quite different from theirs? 

14. The Gang's All Here by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] half-star (2194 words)

Liberty Avenue Diner is a busy place on Sunday morning, as per usual, and Brian's circle of friends are wondering where their fearless leader is.  They won't have long to wait.  And neither will you.  Enjoy!

 

 

15. The Long Week by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2318 words)

Chris Hobbs has received notice that Brian Kinney is suing him.  The boy is not too happy.  Meanwhile, after a busy week that has kept Brian and Justin from seeing each other, it's time to agree on another get-together.

 

 

16. The Missing Sketches by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] half-star (1623 words)

Next stop on the journey to try and recover Brian's memories is Woody's.  Will it work this time, or does something else come up that needs to be addressed?  

17. The Visit Down Memory Lane by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] half-star (2719 words)

The gang has enjoyed a visit to Woody's.  Now it's time to check out Babylon and see if any memories shake loose from their visit there.  For Justin, the night is full of nothing but memories.

18. The Visit With the Girls by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] half-star (2614 words)

It's now time for Brian and Justin to pay a visit to Mel, Lindsay, and Baby Gus.  But first, how about a little morning after 'refreshment' to start the day.

19. The 'Borrowed' Sketches by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (2475 words)

On Monday morning, Justin looks back on the previous day spent with Brian.  He's feeling hopeful for the future, especially after the way the evening ended before they parted ways.  And, oh yes, Justin's sketches are finally returned to their rightful owners.

20. The First Breakthrough by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (3376 words)

Brian is being haunted by his dreams, but it's a simple accident that finally opens the door to his first breakthrough.  Who does he want to announce this news to first?  One guess.

21. Loving Memories and Hateful Plans by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2312 words)

Justin looks back on the night he spent with Brian after he had his first memory breakthrough.  In the meantime, someone else is just starting to put into motion a plan that could destroy any future the couple may have.

22. There May Be Another Trigger by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (2099 words)

Brian lets the gang know about his memory breakthrough. but as Hobbs continues to scheme, Justin learns some exciting and potentially life-changing news from Daphne.

23. A Memory Catalyst by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (1959 words)

Justin is about to show Brian the video that was made of the Prom Dance.  What will the results be, for both of them?

24. Friends and Foes by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (2146 words)

While Brian is happily moving on with his recovery and friends, dark deeds are starting to come together.

25. Pride and Prejudice by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (2959 words)

It's a special day. Brian introduces Justin to his first Pride Parade. The air is filled with pride and joy. But there is also a dark cloud of prejudice and hate hiding in the background too.

26. Bitter Revenge... Sweet Revenge by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5161 words)

Chris Hobbs is ready to exact his revenge against the two men he blames for all his troubles. Will this be his night for satisfaction, or will circumstances deliver a different fate for the pathetic homophobe?