- Text Size +

CHAPTER ELEVEN

 

 

 

SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW

 

(Still May 21st)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mixing Business and Pleasure

 

 

 

Brian and Justin walked into the loft and one very obvious sensation hit Brian... this place felt vastly different than when he used to call the loft ‘home.' It wasn't just the man he was with although for some odd reason, Brian was beginning to feel as if he'd known Blue all his life. No. It was that he was comfortable in Blue's house in a way he'd never been anywhere. It felt as if he belonged there, was meant to be there. Strange indeed! The fact that they dropped the employer/employee relationship and their real names the minute they entered the welcoming space was an added bonus. He turned off his cell phone as Justin was turning off his. They had agreed when they were leaving the office to do that. If there was an emergency with Gus, Lindsey knew Brian always carried an emergency prepaid phone which stayed on

 

 

 

"I'm going for a swim. You're welcome to join me if you'd like," Justin said heading toward the staircase leading to the rooftop deck.

 

 

 

"I would but I didn't bring a suit." Brian smiled at the sudden pink color which tinted the younger man's cheeks. In the week, he and Blue have been spending time together- although neither would call it dating- he often said things that would get a rise out of the younger man one way or another.

 

 

 

"I won't tell if you don't but this is a clothing optional resort. Besides you don't have anything I haven't seen, tasted or ridden faithfully in the last week."

 

 

 

His eyebrow lifted at the implication of what Blue really wanted. "In that case, maybe we should eat first before that beast of yours begins growling."

 

 

 

Brian's heart skipped when his companion produced that sun-bright smile for which Brian had named him before he replied, "I suppose you're right. It actually might be even better because I can pull back the awning if it's dark. It looks like it's going to be a clear night; it's definitely warm enough."

 

 

 

Brian nodded. Pittsburgh had been going through unusually warm weather for May all week. "That's up to you but I think it will be nice. So what should we order?"

 

 

 

"Well it's nowhere near seven yet, Mr. Health Conscious, so I say pizza."

 

 

 

Brian frowned. Somehow he knew that would be what Blue said. "Taking full advantage of the situation are you?"

 

 

 

"Of course I am, Aiden. I can tell that you deny yourself a great deal and for what? You already have a perfect body." Brian felt Blue eye-fucking him even from his position by the stairs.

 

 

 

Brian nearly had to lean against the kitchen counter to steady himself from the onslaught of lust which hit him. He had wanted the man all day but even more so after lunch when he told off Mikey. The ease in which Justin Taylor asserted himself both with Debbie and Michael all the while calmly stroking his leg under the table had been a major aphrodisiac for Brian. The man before him was far from just a pretty face- he was smart, sexy and satisfying. Brian couldn't wait to find out how much more satisfyingJustin could be but it would have to wait until after dinner.

 

 

 

"Keep looking at me like that and we'll be skipping dinner and heading right for dessert."

 

 

 

Blue smiled at him effectively taking his breath away. "Not exactly, Aiden since I'm hungry for both carbs and cock. But then again if I can have them at the same time," he said with an eyebrow raised causing Brian to laugh.

 

 

 

"Now, now young man, I'm sure Jennifer taught you to eat your dinner before dessert so call it in."

 

 

 

"My mother also taught me not to play with my food and to chew before swallowing. So I guess my idea of dessert before dinner is off the table."

 

 

 

"Or it can be on the table later," Brian said. The sexual connotation was not lost on Justin, indicated by the slight hitch in his breathing Brian was fast becoming addicted to. Fuck, he's so damn hot when he does that. Maybe we should just skip dinner.

 

 

 

As that last thought invaded Brian's mind and bombarded it with images of ice cream and Justin spread eagled on the table, the younger man placed their order with a side salad for Brian. It was funny how they were getting to know all the idiosyncrasies of each other- small things that in the grand scheme of Brian's life were larger and more telling than the grand gestures. Justin paid attention and for his part Brian couldn't not take notice of the things he normally wouldn't have given a second thought in another person.

 

 

 

Blue hung up the phone. "So what do you want to do until dinner gets here?"

 

 

 

"What do you think about the conglomerate idea?" Business was always a good deterrent otherwise I'd be fucking the shit out of him right now.

 

 

 

"I actually think it's a great idea. I wouldn't have thought so at first because I usually don't jump into bed with people I don't know."

 

 

 

"But you know me," Brian said on the defensive.

 

 

 

Justin smiled. "Yes I'm well aware of the fact that I know you- biblically at least. But I mean Emmett and all the other companies that are coming in on this deal. I'm usually one for autonomy where my career is concerned."

 

 

 

"You still have full range and run of your businesses, Justin as well as a stake in mine."

 

 

 

"True I do but I'm talking about being a part of a large corporation. The thing that works well in your favor with me is that Iknow how you do business. I also know that you can be cunning and reckless if the situation calls for it. I picked up the same vibe from Emmett which is why I said yes. Neither one of the three of us got to where we are being safe- we've taken risks and reaped the benefits of them."

 

 

 

"So what do you propose to make you feel even more comfortable in terms of the other companies joining the conglomerate?" Brian was genuinely interested in his answer. He could already see the hamsters running in his blond little head but they weren't aimless thoughts.

 

 

 

"Kinnetik has three partners, yourself included although you hold a major share. I want in. And I want thirty-five percent of the conglomerate as a whole. Currently you hold seventy percent while the others combined hold a small percentage each. I want half of yours since technically my businesses will bring in the most money bar Kinnetik of course."

 

 

 

"Strange but I never figured you for the power-hungry type," Brian said in amazement at his business acumen.

 

 

 

"I'm not per se but I'm also not the type in business to let decisions be made for me, no matter how much I might trust someone."

 

 

 

It was Brian's turn to smile then. "So you trust me?"

 

 

 

Justin thought a moment and then said in all seriousness. "Yeah, I do. I haven't figured out why yet but it's the truth. However, that doesn't mean that I trust blindly."

 

 

 

"Well I can't fault your reasoning or your faith in me. Let me call Ted and Donovan in the morning and see what the numbers look like on paper. He's already said that there are some other companies within our Chicago and Los Angeles buildings which want to sign with Kinnetik Corporation. So technically the advertising giant ‘Kinnetik' is now ‘Kinnetik, Incorporated.' Are you going to expect a name change to reflect yours?" Brian turned his cell phone back on to send a quick text to Ted that he needed a videoconference first thing in the morning. 

 

 

 

"No, it's not necessary," Justin answered. "It's enough for me that you and I- no matter how this ends up- will make the decisions together or you can buy me out at double what my businesses are worth."

 

 

 

The buzzer rang just then signaling the arrival of the food. "You drive a hard bargain, Sunshine."

 

 

 

Justin looked over his shoulder on his way to answer the door. "Was there ever any doubt, Mr. Kinney?"

 

 

 

The look spoke volumes to Brian, both mentally and physically. "Not one, Mr. Taylor."

 

 

 

Justin laid the pizza on the coffee table in the living room where there were fluffy overstuffed pillows arranged. Brian grabbed two beers from the refrigerator and made himself comfortable opposite the younger man. During dinner, Justin had called his mom and left a voice message as well as Daphne who opted to join in the Kinnetik Corporation. She would still be in private practice but now Kinnetik's employees also made up her clientele. She also opted to keep her consulting job at Allegheny General on the weekends. Alex's contracting business had also teamed up with Kinnetik Corporation which meant a lot more business and substantial contract would go his way. Carla, Daphne and Justin had made a joint decision to join the conglomerate. So far this all was shaping up quite nicely and a publishing company was in the works. Justin had acquired another business which he was originally going to turn into a standard coffee shop until this idea of Brian's took root. He'd spoken to Joan earlier and she said it's a doable investment to keep it as a publishing house but add more to the whole idea of it. He and Brian bounced the ideas around and decided that they could split the publishing company into two- one side publishing only hetero reading materials while the other served the gay population. It would also have a place for authors to get away so they could work uninterrupted. The place would include a coffee house and a spa like atmosphere for those people who wouldn't mind beta reading for the authors. Since it would be open 24/7 except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, it was definitely on its way to becoming a lucrative investment for the company.

 

 

 

Brian's cell phone rung as they were just finishing up dinner.

 

 

 

"Auntie Em. What can I do you for?"

 

 

 

"Not a damn dime since you don't have enough money," Emmett responded making Brian snicker.

 

 

 

"So tell me, what's up?"

 

 

 

"Have you spoken to Michael after that little contretemps with Justin or Lindsey?"

 

 

 

"Is Gus alright?"

 

 

 

"He's fine, Brian but you might want to pick up your cell phone. Where are you?"

 

 

 

"Busy."

 

 

 

"With that cute little blond I hope. But seriously, Brian, you need to go get Gus."

 

 

 

Brian shook his head. So much for dessert. "What's going on?"

 

 

 

"Apparently Mel and Lindsey had an argument. Michael was there and of course you were at the center of it."

 

 

 

"Me? What the fuck do I have to do with the Munchers' tongue lashings?" Brian shivered at the imagery.

 

 

 

"Not a damn thing but I'm sure it had to do with that little blond dynamo you're with right now. I was going to visit Mrs. Watson, their neighbor like I do every Thursday. She was a friend of my Aunt Lula's you see. Anyway she said the yelling was so loud between the three of them that she called the police. Anyway, I don't think Gus should be there tonight. They sent a cop car, Brian, and Child Protective Services on standby. Luckily someone named Daphne Chanders was there and suggested I call you."

 

 

 

"Justin, remind me to give Daphne a raise," Brian said exasperated. "The girl just signed with us and she's already proving invaluable. Emmett, I'll be there in a bit. Has Michael gone home and things calmed down yet?"

 

 

 

"Things are calm while the police are still there but they aren't willing to leave Gus there for the night in case Lindsey and Melanie start back up. They told Michael to go home but he said not until you got there."

 

 

 

"Fuck this. They are all a bunch of fucking children and my son is mixed up in this shit. Sometimes I really regret jerking off into that fucking cup. Justin and I are leaving now."

 

 

 

"Brian? Are you sure it's wise to bring him? I mean-"

 

 

 

"Emmett. Look, I might as well start as I mean to go on. In truth this shit is interrupting my evening so technically Justin has more right to be with me than they do to question it."

 

 

 

He could hear the smile in Emmett's voice over the phone. "Well excuse me but what have you done with Brian Kinney?"

 

 

 

Brian laughed. "Don't be a fucking drama queen, Emmett but they might as well get used to seeing Justin. I was going to introduce him to Gus this weekend anyway. So what if it happens a little sooner than later?"

 

 

 

"I hear you just...keep your temper in check, will you?"

 

 

 

"See you soon, Emmy Lou." Brian disconnected the call and turned to Justin.

 

 

 

"Brian maybe Emmett's right. This is some sort of warped family thing and..."

 

 

 

"And what, Blue?" he looked straight at the man standing before him wanting nothing more than to kiss the worry from his mind.

 

 

 

Justin cleared his throat. "Never mind, Brian as long as you're prepared for the fallout."

 

 

 

Brian placed a quick hard kiss on the upturned lips. "I'm always prepared, Sunshine. Always."

 

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

 

Meanwhile at Muncher Palace

 

 

 

Michael stood on the doorstep tapping his foot with impatience. He was still fuming from his run-in with Justin Taylor while Brian sat there and let the boy talk to him as if he meant nothing. What the fuck's wrong with Brian? Then his mother defended the little blond haired shit, reprimanding him in front of everyone like he was five. Who the fuck did the little shit think he was? Jesus? Well Lindsey and him needed to come up with a plan. He didn't like the way Brian looked at the interloper. He didn't like the way Justin acted proprietary of Brian and he damn sure didn't like the way he spoke to him. He was the fucking new person here, not Michael. As Brian's best friend, he should have taken priority- employee or not. Michael compulsively abused the doorbell again even more angry than he was when he first arrived which had only been three minutes.

 

 

 

"Michael, Jesus, will you calm down with the fucking bell? Gus finally went to sleep," Melanie scolded him but Michael was not in the mood.

 

 

 

"If you had answered the door the first time I rung the bell, there wouldn't have been a second, third, fourth or fifth time."

 

 

 

"I'm sorry but since you don't pay the mortgage here- or anywhere for that matter- you don't have a say in when we answer the door."

 

 

 

"Then you don't have a say in how many times I ring the fucking bell, Mel."

 

 

 

"Will you two quiet down already," Lindsey said as she rushed down the stairs. "I could practically hear you yelling in Gus' room."

 

 

 

"She started it," Michael began while Mel defended that it was Michael's fault.

 

 

 

"I don't care whose fault it was. God, listen to yourselves for Christ's sake. You both sound like children." Turning to Michael she asked in her calmest tone, "Now, Michael what was so important?"

 

 

 

"That little fucking twink works for Kinnetik," Michael exploded.

 

 

 

"Who? You know what, start from the beginning."

 

 

 

Lindsey listened as Michael detailed what happened at the diner when he'd run into Brian. Lindsey was becoming more and more angry although her WASPy upbringing prevented her from displaying it as much. Melanie laughed at the recounting of Saturday's events when they technically broke into the loft and Michael received bruised knuckles for his trouble.

 

 

 

"Well that ought to teach you about breaking and entering, Bonnie and Clyde," Melanie said still laughing at them.

 

 

 

"Shut up, Mel. This isn't funny," Michael whined.

 

 

 

"It certainly isn't, Melanie," Lindsey concurred.

 

 

 

"I don't see why not. You two break into a man's home-key or not, it doesn't matter- he hits Michael with a broomstick and you want to press charges? You're fucking lucky he didn't have a gun. He would have been well within his rights to shoot you both in your asses."

 

 

 

"Fuck you, Melanie," Michael spat.

 

 

 

"Sorry Michael, it's not my lifetime for men. In any event you were wrong both legally and morally."

 

 

 

"We had a good reason. Brian hasn't been returning any of our calls, no one knows where he is or where he lives. Surely Mel you can at least agree that we should know where he is in case of emergency," Lindsey reasoned.

 

 

 

"No we should not. If Brian wanted you to know all that, he would have told you. It still didn't give you the right to go barging into someone else's place regardless of if Brian was living there or not. You two have such a problem with boundaries it's not even funny. In fact it's fucking pathetic. Answer me this Lindsey because I am genuinely curious. Were you really thinking of Gus at all when you went over there? What would you have done if the new owner chose to have you arrested."

 

 

 

Lindsey had the good grace to flush at the inquiry but Michael couldn't let it go for even a moment.

 

 

 

"What right did he have to hit me, Mel? See my fucking hand? It hurts even to wipe my ass with it!"

 

 

 

"Ugh. The last thing I need is the visual of you playing in your ass, Michael, with either one of your hands. Secondly, you had no right to do anything in his house except leave when he asked you to. Did he ask you to leave?"

 

 

 

"What the fuck's that got to do with anything," Michael yelled.

 

 

 

Melanie yelled back. She'd be damned if he continued to talk to her in the house she paid for- or didn't pay for at the moment. "The point is that you violated his rights, Asshole. You had none and still don't. Whether he is involved with Brian or not really doesn't negate what you did. Besides why should it matter anyway. YOU have a boyfriend and Lindsey HAS a partner. Where Brian sticks his dick or doesn't really shouldn't be any of YOUR concern."

 

 

 

"Oh my God, Melanie, must you be so crude?" Lindsey complained. "We're only looking out for Brian's best interests."

 

 

 

"Oh please, Lindz. It's always the same with the two of you."

 

 

 

Michael interjected. "I can't believe you're actually standing here defending Brian. You know Lindsey and I have been worried about him for months."

 

 

 

"Bullshit, Michael. First of all, I am not defending Brian but his right to privacy. And yeah, I'm defending Justin Taylor's right not to have his fucking house broken into by two uninvited guests. That fact that you both can't see anything wrong with what you did makes me wonder if you have fucking brains at all. Furthermore and like it or not, you two were the reason he took that job in New York." Melanie held up her hand to stave off their objections. "It's fucking true and both of you know it. Lindsey couldn't do without him being the father of Gus. She just had to have that connection to him. And you Michael, as his supposed best fucking friend, you encouraged him in his fucking escapades so that it would benefit you because you can't do shit on your own."

 

 

 

"That's not true," both Michael and Lindsey said in unison.

 

 

 

"What the fuck do you know about it anyway, Mel since you hate Brian?" Michael asked belligerent in his stance. "He moved away because of you! You demanded he give up his rights to Gus. You were fucking happy to have him out of your life. You were nothing but a selfish fucking bitch to him."

 

 

 

Melanie shrugged. "That maybe true but I was also an honest bitch. He agreed to my terms in any event. Lindsey and I are Gus' parents while Brian enjoys an uncredited guest appearance- his words, not mine. I think the arrangement has worked out for everyone but every fucking word out of your mouth Lindsey, is ‘Brian this' and ‘Brian that,' Brian, Brian, Brian. And you Michael, how about living your own fucking life for once instead of being a whining sniveling little boy trapped in a thirty-five year old body."

 

 

 

"You sound jealous, Melanie. I'll just bet that you don't cancel out the checks he send for Gus," Michael sneered. "That's all he is to you- a fucking checkbook. A way to pay for this house, a sperm donor because YOU don't have a dick yourself. Jealous!"

 

 

 

"Apparently you don't have one either, Michael," Mel yelled back. She'd just plain had e-fucking-nough.

 

 

 

At that moment, Gus began to cry loudly from the top of the stairs which made Lindsey add her own to the conversation, her tone cutting and angry. "I hope you two are happy now. You've both woken up my son."

 

 

 

"Yeah. Your son," Melanie said while moving toward the door to answer it. She was surprised to see the police standing in front of her. "May I help you, officers?"

 

 

 

"We got a call about a disturbance at this address." The taller of the two policeman asked as Gus continued to scream that he wanted his daddy.

 

 

 

Just fucking great. Brian strikes again. But she knew she couldn't really fault him. Lindsey and Michael's obsession with Brian Kinney and his whereabouts was totally and completely the problem. Over the years, it seemed to have gotten worse than better when he abruptly moved to New York. Melanie had thought that Lindsey would finally get him out of her system. But no. Things had not gone as Melanie had hoped. Brian would very rarely call Lindsey for updates knowing how the conversation would ultimately go. Instead he would call Melanie who could appreciate his ‘no bullshit' approach. Both were extremely busy and often didn't have time to poke and prod in each others' lives. In addition to that, Brian would often ask Melanie if the checks he sent were enough to make sure they didn't end up homeless. When the furnace broke, he'd deposited the extra money into Melanie's account so that she could have it repaired. Since Ted still handled Mel's finances even from New York, it was easy to keep things on a business-only relationship between herself and Brian especially because Melanie paid all the bills. Now Michael was once again dragging Lindsey into his grievances with Brian. She knew with Brian back and now this...Justin person, shit was definitely about to hit the fan. She refocused on the task at hand while mentally cursing out her nosy neighbors in the neighborhood Lindsey insisted they move to.

 

 

 

"It was just a misunderstanding between the adults, Sir. It should be calmed now."

 

 

 

"Not from what I'm still hearing in the background. May we come in?" he signaled to another person to join them. "Since the call said there was a child in the house we brought along two colleagues of ours."

 

 

 

"I'm an attorney. I can also tell you it's not necessary for any of you to be here."

 

 

 

"Be that as it may, Ms-"

 

 

 

"Marcus. Melanie Marcus. I live here with my partner, Lindsey Petersen."

 

 

 

"Ms. Marcus. We still have to make sure everything is on the up and up. Surely, you understand that."

 

 

 

"I do but my main concern is for my son, Gus."

 

 

 

In all honesty, she did. The windows in the house were wide open and since this was ordinarily a quiet neighborhood, she could understand why someone would be concerned at the violence of the argument. She'd felt like punching Michael in his mouth more than one time during the entire exchange so maybe it was good in a way that the cops had shown up. They entered the house and Melanie explained to Lindsey why they were there with a Social worker from Child Protective Services were there as well as a Psychologist. Both of the women looked familiar to Melanie since she'd recently represented a child custody case in which the child was physically assaulted. She had to admit the women were good at their jobs but that didn't mean she was happy they were in her home, judging what went on in there. Mel couldn't stand the sound of Michael's voice without wanting to do him bodily harm so she opted to stand on the porch instead of staying within the confines of the living room.

 

 

 

"Is the little boy who's crying Gus?" the short black woman asked.

 

 

 

"Yes. I'm afraid he hasn't been feeling well today and this disagreement between my partner, myself and a family friend didn't help matters. He'd just fallen asleep when we brought him back from the doctor."

 

 

 

"So I take it the man is not the father he keeps asking for."

 

 

 

No. Beg your pardon but who are you?"

 

 

 

"I'm sorry Ms. Marcus. I should have thought to refresh your memory. I'm Daphne Chanders. I have my degrees in Child and Adolescent Psychology as well as industrial Psych. I also specialize in patients with developmental disabilities. We worked the Johnson case last month. Has the child been resettled with his mother?"

 

 

 

Melanie nodded. "Yes. I spoke with Marie earlier in the week. Her son has settled into the routine of her and her partner, Dusty with ease. It's been a relief."

 

 

 

"That's good to hear and I was happy to help. I don't think being gay or straight should decide the overall fit for a parent as judging by that case," Daphne said calmly. She thought immediately of Craig Taylor and his treatment of Justin but kept her own counsel. Another straight abusive asshole only in a different way. Daphne thought that this would be a good time to pull more information from the woman standing in front of her. She didn't doubt that this wasn't a case of abuse but since she'd been asked to consult on the case, she figured it would be good use of her time to help diffuse the situation- whatever it was.

 

 

 

"I can assure you that Gus is well cared for."

 

 

 

"I know, Ms. Marcus but if that gentleman is not his father, perhaps it would just be easier to let him see him."

 

 

 

"I'm sure my partner has tried to call the asshole numerous times by now and so has Michael," Melanie muttered. Daphne asked her to repeat herself and Melanie did without thought or question. Her patience was being tried beyond its limits with the whole situation. "Brian is the reason this whole argument started in the first place."

 

 

 

"Brian?"

 

 

 

"Yes. Brian Kinney," Melanie answered nodding her head.

 

 

 

As Daphne was about to suggest she try calling him another voice entered the conversation while climbing the steps of the house.

 

 

 

"Melanie, I can't help but notice the company you're keeping these days. What on earth is going on?" Emmett asked.

 

 

 

Melanie had to chuckle. To know Emmett Honeycutt was to absolutely see joy personified most of the time. "The same old and the usual, Emmett, only this time one of the neighbors called the cops."

 

 

 

"What-"

 

 

 

"Michael arrived here and went on and on about some blond twink Brian is now seeing. Only he's not seeing him. He happens to be the new Art Director at Kinnetik. Anyway, Michael of course is not happy that he got chewed up by the same man who cracked his knuckles with a broomstick on Saturday morning even though Michael and Lindsey basically broke into his house...a house Michael literally tried to throw him out of by the way. When I called Michael on his bullshit, this was the result. I'd forgotten the windows were open which when Lindsey and I argue we always make sure they're closed so one of the neighbors called the cops and was worried about Gus and now I have all of this to deal with on top of every fucking thing else." Mel couldn't stop the rant once she got started as both Emmett and Daphne listened on.

 

 

 

Daphne turned to Emmett once Melanie had grown quiet. "Do you know Brian Kinney?"

 

 

 

He was somewhat taken aback by her boldness but then he liked bold women just not to fuck. He looked at Melanie to confirm it was okay to speak with the younger woman. "Why yes I do. I take it you want me to call him."

 

 

 

"If it's not too much trouble..."

 

 

 

"Emmett. Emmett Honeycutt."

 

 

 

"Daphne Chanders." She reached out her hand to Emmett, deciding that she liked him instantly.

 

 

 

Emmett dialed his phone to give Brian a heads up on the situation at hand. When he hung up he turned back to Mel and Daphne advising that he would be right over. "Brian is coming but-"

 

 

 

"Why is there a ‘but,' Emmett?" Melanie asked.

 

 

 

"He's bringing someone with him," Emmett said in hushed tones.

 

 

 

"It would be just like Brian to bring his fucking trick du jour into this," Mel raved. "He can't think with anything other than his fucking cock."

 

 

 

"Me, it isn't like that," Emmett said in his most placating tone. "I was at lunch with he and Justin today and believe me nothing is as it seems there."

 

 

 

"Justin?" Daphne questioned at the same time Melanie said, "Yeah right."

 

 

 

"Daphne? Hun, you wouldn't be the same Daphne that's in business with Justin Taylor are you?"

 

 

 

Daphne smiled brightly. "Yes, I am, Emmett. I have known Justin all my life and I can assure you that the last thing he is is a ‘trick du jour.' He and I own Torso together with another partner. This is my other job."

 

 

 

"My, my aren't the young resourceful nowadays." Emmett shook his head marveling at this new information. "Did you also join the conglomerate?"

 

 

 

"I did with both Torso and my private practice. But why is Justin coming here with Brian? I thought he had to work."

 

 

 

"Oh he's working alright," Mel mumbled.

 

 

 

Emmett shook his head. "As I was saying, I was at lunch with the two of them earlier today when the mess with Michael kicked up. Brian and Justin are presenting to a very lucrative client on Friday but they have another meeting with Ted and Donovan in the morning about the conglomerate. If Kinnetik gets the account... well let's just say that the newest business venture for Kinnetik Corporation will catapult Brian Kinney and company- us included- into the number one spot among Advertising giants."

 

 

 

"Fuck. Justin must be nervous as hell," Daphne said.

 

 

 

"If he is, he didn't show it. I get the feeling that behind that mop of blond hair lies a brilliant brain. And he'll have to have one to deal with Michael and Lindsey."

 

 

 

"If it's just business than why bring him with him?" Mel asked but before Emmett had a chance to answer, the corvette parked directly in back of the police cruiser.

 

 

 

Brian walked around the car motioning for the passenger to get out. After what seemed an interminable length of time, some gesturing and eye rolling later, a blond man appeared directly next to Brian. Melanie had to admit, even if only to herself, that they made an attractive couple. She noted the small smiles on both Emmett and Daphne's faces as they continued to approach.

 

 

 

"What the fuck is happening, Melanie?" Brian asked. The exasperation in his voice was evident and it was clear he would have been anywhere else but there. As it was Cynthia had called right after Emmett to advise she'd scheduled a meeting with a new client for the morning. Tasker and Co. was another big name company; he and Justin needed to prepare for. The short notice coupled with the unneccessary mayhem, was wearing his patience even thinner than it normally was.

 

 

 

"Look Kinney, if I had my way I wouldn't have called at all," she retorted.

 

 

 

"You didn't. He did and at the request of one of my newest partners." He nodded at Daphne before turning back to Mel. "Why the fuck didn't you call me?"

 

 

 

"You weren't answering your phone for Lindsey and Michael so I just thought..."

 

 

 

"When have you ever called me and I didn't answer, Mel?" Brian asked, his voice low so he wouldn't alert those inside to his presence yet.

 

 

 

"This was different, Asshole. This was about your little twink here."

 

 

 

"Justin is far beyond a ‘little twink' and I think you know that." Brian let his displeasure flow through his voice. Justin grabbed his hand while looking at him. He would never understand how his mere touch could calm him. Taking a deep breath, Brian continued. "Look, Mel, I know we have had and continue to have our differences but you can call. I know you would never do so without a reason relating to Gus. The call should definitely have come from you especially if he was asking for me. I saw twelve calls from Michael and Lindsey within a five minute span."

 

 

 

"How many?" Daphne asked amazed.

 

 

 

"Twelve, each," Justin said. "Hi Daph."

 

 

 

She waved and mouthed ‘We'll talk later' as Brian continued to address Melanie.

 

 

 

"So let me guess. Michael arrived here butt hurt from the verbal spanking he received at lunch."

 

 

 

"That about sums it up, Brian. I told them that it was none of their business but since you went to New York five years ago, this has been their ongoing issue. You don't keep in touch enough; they feel like you've forgotten or are ignoring them. I told them that when you wanted to let them in on your business, you would if that time ever came. Lindsey and I..." she let her voice trail off.

 

 

 

"Lindsey and you what?" Brian asked although he was beginning to see how all of this had affected Mel. It wasn't that he cared so much about her- he fucking couldn't stand her on most days- but Lindsey continued to put him in the middle of their relationship. Brian knew this which was why he'd left Pittsburgh to begin with.

 

 

 

"Nothing," Melanie answered realizing what she'd almost let slip out. She wiped the sweat from her eyebrow with one hand as she drummed the fingers from the other against the railing. "You better go get Gus. I don't think he'll calm down until you do."

 

 

 

Brian nodded. Whatever was going on in Muncher Mansion wasn't his concern unless it affected Gus. "I'm taking him with me for the night. Can you get his bag ready?"

 

 

 

It wasn't an unreasonable request as she knew once everyone cleared out of the house, she and Lindsey would be back to arguing again. She turned to Justin introducing herself to him. He was a very polite young man and she could tell he and Lindsey had similar backgrounds. She could tell a WASP blindfolded. It was in their mannerisms, the way they spoke but unlike Lindsey, Justin seemed more down-to-earth and more approachable. It was no wonder why Brian gravitated toward him. She just wondered how much so. Shaking her head of her reverie, Mel moved into the house followed by Brian, Justin, Emmett and Daphne. She already knew the scene which would greet her and steeled herself not to respond in anger. This was not Brian's fault...this was not Brian's fault. This was NOT Brian's fault. The mantra played itself over and over in her mind.

 

 

 

Lindsey and Michael looked up at the same time as did Gus.

 

 

 

"Brian" the older two exclaimed.

 

 

 

"Daddy!" Gus said, smiling for the first time in well over an hour.

 

 

 

Melanie moved passed them on the stairs on her way to Gus room. She met his eyes. In turn he nodded in an almost imperceptive gesture acknowledging that they were still in agreement. Like it or not, Brian was a good father and his sole focus was on the well-being of his son. Melanie couldn't find fault with that.

 

 

 

"Hey there, Sonny boy," he answered hugging Gus close to him while ignoring Lindsey and Michael. The five-year old frame tucked into him while Brian blew a raspberry onto the little boys neck.

 

 

 

"That tickles, Daddy."

 

 

 

"I know, Son. Hey how would you like to come out with Justin and I for a little bit? Then we'll drop him at home and we'll go back to my place where all the cool movies are."

 

 

 

"Who Jussin?"

 

 

 

As if on cue, Justin stepped forward and bent down to Gus' eye level, introducing himself to Brian's son. "I've heard a lot about you, little man and am very happy to meet you. Ready for a little fun?"

 

 

 

Before Gus could answer, Lindsey spoke up. "I don't think that's a good idea, Brian. Gus had a doctor's appointment today and had to get a shot. He hasn't been feeling well so perhaps another time."

 

 

 

Brian smirked at her haughty tone and hadn't missed the way her eyes cut at Justin while she spoke to him. "Well Lindz, I have taken care of Gus before after a trip to the doctor. This isn't anything new for me."

 

 

 

"I still don't think it's a good idea."

 

 

 

"Well I do," Melanie said from the stairs. She was already expecting this from her partner. "Gus needs time away in an environment where he can sleep in peace and this is not it."

 

 

 

"Melanie, please, this is not the time for you-"

 

 

 

"For me to what exactly?" Melanie asked before turning to Brian. "I packed some of his things and his school uniform in case he's able to go tomorrow."

 

 

 

"Thanks, Mel," Brian said. Handing the bag to Justin, he picked up his son and headed further down the stairs. "I'll call you later and let you know how tonight went."

 

 

 

"I thought we were supposed to go to Babylon tonight Brian," Michael had finally spoken.

 

 

 

"No. You asked and I said no, Michael. Why don't you ask that professor... Ben to go with you?"

 

 

 

"Ben's busy and can't go. Why don't you pay the kid here a fee for keeping Gus a few hours and come hang out? We haven't had a chance to catch up yet. Besides, I'm certain he can use the money. Most teenagers can," Michael sneered in Justin's direction.

 

 

 

Brian bit back the retort he was about to spew. It wasn't lost on him that the police and lady from CPS were watching the exchange avidly, ready to intervene immediately if necessary. "Go home, Michael. You've done enough damage here for one day."

 

 

 

"But Briannnn," Michael let loose an ear-splitting whine.

 

 

 

"I said go the fuck home. And do not call me the minute I leave here. In fact do not call me tonight at all. I will be busy with my son... and Justin."

 

 

 

"Always fucking Justin," Michael cried. "You still have yet to say sorry to me for letting him speak to me the way he did or make him apologize either. Since he's your employee you should have demanded it."

 

 

 

"Do you realize how you sound, Michael?" Emmett asked unable to keep silent anymore. "No one can make Justin do anything and you can't make Brian make him do anything. Brian is right about one thing though...it's time for you to go."

 

 

 

Emmett reached around, turning Michael toward the door and none too gently hustled Michael out of Mel and Lindsey's living room. The shorter man's voice full of expletives reaching the ears of the occupants still remaining in the house. Brian took hold of Justin's free hand as he prepared to exit the house as well. Lindsey's words stopped him before he could make his escape.

 

 

 

"Brian, I still don't think this is a good idea. Plus I'm not at all happy having my child around strangers."

 

 

 

"Justin isn't a stranger to me so Gus is totally safe, Lindsey. No need to worry your pretty little blonde head about it."

 

 

 

"Brian-"

 

 

 

"Would you give it a rest Lindsey," Mel interrupted. This was the one time she agreed with Brian Kinney although God knew why. The man had proven he could be trusted with Gus' care long before now. This was about a certain blond that was not Lindsey and anyone who couldn't see that was either blind or stupid. No one in the room could be accused of being stupid. "Brian, please call us later tonight so we can say goodnight to Gus. Justin it was a pleasure meeting you." Melanie shook his hand.

 

 

 

"The pleasure was all mine, Melanie. I'll make sure Brian remembers to call." He smiled at her and she could instantly see why Brian liked this kid.

 

 

 

"I trust you Justin. Oh and good luck on the presentation tomorrow or is it Friday?Emmett says it's a huge account."

 

 

 

"It's on Friday and it is a huge account," Justin answered smiling brightly at Mel. He decided that he would reserve judgment but so far he liked her. "But I have faith in the team I've put together. Between Brian, Cynthia and Ted, I'm certain we'll get it."

 

 

 

"Go figure. A younger blond version of Brian Kinney." She laughed. "Your confidence matches his."

 

 

 

"It has to, Mel, or I wouldn't be in business with him," Justin said smiling again as he took his leave.

 

 

 

Soon the officers and Social worker took their leave happy to have the issue resolved at long last. Daphne was the last one remaining. "Melanie, if you ever need to talk, my door is always open for you."

 

 

 

"I thought you only handle children, the disabled and corporate."

 

 

 

Daphne shook her head. "I also work with adults. Nevertheless, for you it's a different matter altogether. And don't worry no one has to know if you don't tell them."

 

 

 

Melanie understood what the young woman was saying. "I know," Mel said, the sadness in her voice evident.

 

 

 

Daphne patted her on the shoulder as she exited the house hoping that Melanie would come to see her sooner rather than later.

 

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

 

Escape and Escapade

 

 

 

"We can't go back to your place for the night, you know?" Brian stated casually while steering the car in and out of traffic. At Justin's puzzled look, Brian said. "I'm not much worried about Lindsey tonight but Michael won't leave you alone. He'll attack the buzzer constantly even while you're trying to sleep. With me there it will just be an added incentive."

 

 

 

Justin shook his head and sighed. "I know you're right but I don't want to give him the satisfaction of running me out of my own home, either. Damn why do your friends have to be so clingy?"

 

 

 

Brian laughed. "And you don't have clingy friends? What about Daphne?"

 

 

 

"Daph is protective. There's a big difference. It's almost like you're not allowed to have your own life."

 

 

 

"Michael and I have been best friends since we were fourteen. I admit that we grew kind of codependent at a time in my life when I needed...reassurance that there were good people in the world."

 

 

 

Justin could relate to that somewhat since he too had been put into a situation where it was easier to distrust people and yourself but he couldn't tell Brian that. Not yet. "Well what's Lindsey's excuse? Even though she wants what she can never have which is you, she can't let you go your own way. It's almost as if she believes that if she holds on and loves you hard enough that she'll turn you straight and you'll suddenly like pussy."

 

 

 

"Hey little WASP boy, my son is in the backseat." At Justin's chagrined look, Brian laughed. "Don't worry. With me as his father, he's probably heard worse. Anyway I think you're delusional about Lindsey. It's in her nature to want to take care of me."

 

 

 

"Yeah as a husband, Brian."

 

 

 

"Jealous?"

 

 

 

"No. Why should I be?" Justin asked as he looked back at Gus sleeping. He couldn't help the smile which graced his lips. "I can do what Lindsey can't."

 

 

 

"And what's that?"

 

 

 

"Fuck you to within an inch of your life, suck you until you scream for mercy and ride you like a prize stallion in a rodeo. The best part is that you wouldn't do anything to stop me." Justin eased his hand up Brian's thigh as he spoke.

 

 

 

"Fucking right I wouldn't but that still doesn't mean you're right."

 

 

 

Justin changed the subject. Michael and Lindsey would learn soon enough that as much as they were territorial about Brian, Justin didn't need to be. Brian wanted to be with him and the feeling was mutual. "I think we should stop by the loft and get my car."

 

 

 

"Why? Afraid of arriving at work tomorrow with me?"

 

 

 

Justin laughed. "Hardly but I do need to grab my suit. Plus I think Gus would be more comfortable in a car with more room than your fuck-mobile here. If you want, you can leave the Vette at my place tonight."

 

 

 

Brian thought it over deciding that Justin was right. Besides, the truth was that he was enjoying his time with Justin even with tonight's strange turn of events. He took a slight detour to pick up dessert and a grill cheese sandwich with tomato soup for Gus from the diner on the way to Tremont. They loaded a sleeping Gus and his booster seat into Justin's jeep but Brian thought it better to drive the vintage car back to his side of town rather than leave it unattended in the parking garage. It would just be one more thing for Michael to bitch over. He had a feeling that Michael would definitely be lurking somewhere close by waiting for the right moment to confront Brian or Justin or both. If two things could be said about Michael it was that he was consistent and often predictable. It was that last factor which made Brian so sure inviting Justin to his place was the right thing to do. Up until then, Brian had always taken pleasure in being at the loft with Justin and he had taken the younger man up on his offer to leave some of his suits there for when he didn't feel like driving home. It almost startled Brian at how fast things were moving between them but he'd always gone with what felt right; never allowed himself to think or dwell on events too much. Sure he would weigh every possible outcome but once he made a decision, that was it. His process wasn't any different when dealing with the man he considered a friend- maybe more- and now business partner.

 

 

 

Justin agreed to follow him to his condo in Squirrel Hill, making sure to keep up with the speed demon in front of him. Brian had officially ‘outed' them as...something. A couple? Fuck buddies? Well whatever it was, Justin couldn't be sad or upset about it. Brian was the closest thing he'd ever had to a real boyfriend in his life. He couldn't deny the way the older man made him feel. Giddy. Nervous. Excited. Insatiable but it was more than that. Justin just didn't know what that was. He knew the time was fast approaching where he would have to tell Brian everything but not yet. He didn't want to end what had become one of the most important relationships in his life. That's part of the reason he asked Brian what he did regarding the conglomerate. The other part was the money and power that went with it of course. Justin's position was precarious at best. The deadline was next week. If Jennifer didn't agree to this or signed the contract over to someone else, all of his and Brian's planning could go straight to hell and he'd be potentially at Connor and Brandon's mercy again. They wouldn't let him go or give him a chance to escape if he ended up back there this time nor would they let him kill himself.

 

 

 

Bleep bleep, the message alert sounded on his cell phone. Reaching over to see who rung in, he smiled.

 

 

 

A: you and Gus okay?

 

 

 

B: yes we're fine Aiden LOL. Why are you texting and driving?

 

 

 

A: for the same reason you're answering and driving.

 

 

 

B: fine, I'm calling you now then. You'll be on speaker so watch your mouth

 

 

 

A: Make me.

 

 

 

Justin laughed out loud. Brian was such a tease and a daredevil. He dialed the phone, careful to keep his eyes on the road. There was precious cargo in the backseat. He'd fallen instantly in love with the little boy who looked so much like his father right down to his hazel eyes. Brian picked up the phone.

 

 

 

"Miss me already, Blue?"

 

 

 

"I guess I must. Is the feeling mutual?"

 

 

 

"I guess so. I find it's not so fun to be in my car without a certain blond feeling me up."

 

 

 

"I would tell you to take care of that, Aiden, except that you're driving and we're on speaker. I don't think I can take hearing that gasp-moan-sigh thing you do especially with Gus in the backseat."

 

 

 

Brian's voice deepened on the other end of the phone. "So you like that, huh?"

 

 

 

Justin could feel his cheeks heat up- both the ones on his face and the ones he sat on. "You know I do, you fucking tease."

 

 

 

"Who's a bigger teaser than you are? Offering for me to swim in your ‘clothing optional' pool. If there's one thing I regret about tonight, it's that I didn't take you up on that. I was looking forward to seeing that awning opened while we were in the water."

 

 

 

"There'll be other nights." Justin smiled brightly at the phone.

 

 

 

"You bet your ass there will be and more of what would have happened in that pool too."

 

 

 

"Swimming?"

 

 

 

He and Brian laughed. "Turn off at the next exit and then we'll be at my place in about five minutes from there."

 

 

 

"Okay," Justin said. "I still don't know how you managed to keep your friends away."

 

 

 

"Emmett knows where I live but he would never stop by uninvited. He's a southern guy and maintains that sort of etiquette. As far as Michael and Lindsey well that's been kind of easy. Lindsey I just won't tell at all and after the last time she asked, I don't think she'll ask again anytime soon. As far as Michael, he's tried to follow me home a couple of times but it's easy to just wait him out or my favorite has been to leave with you in your car without him knowing so he thinks I'm still at the office."

 

 

 

"Oh. So I'm the scapegoat."

 

 

 

Brian chuckled. "More like a scape twinkie but never a goat."

 

 

 

"Smart ass."

 

 

 

They pulled into the parking lot. Brian was allowed two parking spots- one for the resident and the other for a guest so it wasn't difficult for Justin to find his own spot. Brian met him at the driver's car door, opening it before he even had a chance to unfasten his seatbelt. His toes curled in his sneakers at the kiss Brian planted on him. Justin loved kissing Brian's soft lips; the taste of him was intoxicating. Justin moaned into Brian's mouth hurriedly undoing the seatbelt and pulling the older man closer at the same time. His fingers curled into the auburn hair holding Brian still as Justin attacked his lips with fervor. He felt like a thirsty man deprived and Brian was a tall cool drink.

 

 

 

Brian let Justin have his way, enjoying the young man's attentions. Kissing Justin was like nothing on this earth- the softness of his lips, the taste of him, the way his tongue thrusts and parries- all of it combines to make Brian feel as high as if he's taken E, K and GHB at the same time. He rubbed his hardened cock against Justin. Gus was still sleeping soundly in the backseat despite the semi-lewd noises Justin was making as Brian continued his sensual assault. He never failed to marvel at how responsive the blond was to his touch. It made Brian want to keep doing it. He placed his hands on Justin's ass to bring them closer as he continued to move against him.

 

 

 

"Brian...Gus," Justin said in between shallow breaths, his eyes tightly shut and forehead pinched with the lust he was feeling.

 

 

 

"Is sleeping soundly which he always does after a trip to the doctor and will continue to do so if you'll be quiet." Brian slipped his hand into the sweatpants Justin still donned, palming and stroking the younger man's heavy cock slowly. Velvet over steel with a little curve to it. Brian loved the feel of it in the palm of his hand.

 

 

 

He dropped to his knees in front of Justin, needing to taste him in an entirely different way. The parking lot, although not entirely dark, wasn't lit where they were standing. Since it was just after dusk when they arrived, it was still adequate enough for Brian to see and Justin to see as well as feel what Brian was doing. He engulfed Justin's dick, swallowing around it.

 

 

 

"Fuck," Justin nearly yelled.

 

 

 

"Shh.. You wanna wake up Gus and kill all the fun? This must be what all those hetero parents and the munchers go through." He went back to task at hand.

 

 

 

Justin gasped out a chuckle. "Don't fuck up my hard-on right now with the imagery. Suck it harder."

 

 

 

Brian did causing Justin's hips to buck forward. He kept a punishing pace even as he reached into his pocket to pull out the lube and condom. Brian was determined that the night wouldn't pass without him being buried inside Justin at least once. He squirted some lube onto his fingertips before spreading one plush but toned ass cheek out and greasing up the outer realm. Brian felt him push back into his fingers while holding Brian's head to him. Brian let his tongue dance around the organ as he penetrated Justin's hole with his index and middle fingers. The sigh and moan which left Justin went straight through Brian making his dick even harder. He knew then that he didn't have much time before he exploded but he wanted to be inside Justin before he did.

 

 

 

"Goddammit, Brian. No more. Fuck me," Justin said.

 

 

 

Brian didn't waste anytime in deciding or with anymore teasing. Rising from his knees quickly, he donned the condom while spinning and bending Justin over the hood of the jeep. The both moaned at the sensation of Justin's ass clamping down around Brian's hardness. No matter how many times they fucked so far, Justin was still as tight as a virgin. Brian groaned as Justin readjusted himself to take more if him. This was not going to be slow and gentle but fast and furious. Brian wrapped Justin's long ponytail around his fist, bringing the younger man back for an open-mouthed, deep-penetrating kiss as he reached bottom. Brian could feel the breath leave Justin at the impact. He pulled out halfway and repeated the motion, adding a snap to his hips against the prostate. Justin grunted as Brian set the rhythm. Brian pulled back from the kiss to stare into the blue eyes reading every emotion imaginable and one he couldn't name. The lust between them was palpable as he continued to pound into Justin. He'd never been able to go so fucking hard with another man before he caved but with Justin it was different. Everything was fucking different. He gave as much as he took and then gave Brian even more than he demanded of him.

 

 

 

"I'm bound to never get tired of you." The words slipped out before Brian could catch himself.

 

 

 

"Then don't," was Justin's reply as he pushed back hard into Brian causing him to groan in response.

 

 

 

They kept the grueling pace, each one pushing the other and commanding the other with their bodies. Upon the last entry, Brian smiled knowing it was the one that would send his lover over the edge. Justin let out a loud shout, spilling his seed all over the hood of the car not needing to touch himself for completion. The force and strength of the orgasm sent Brian spiraling into his own, Justin's ass clamping around him mercilessly and milking him bone dry. Neither could control the trembling of their bodies- they wouldn't have wanted to anyway. After Brian pulled out and disposed of the condom in a nearby bush, he turned Justin to face him. He stared into the shiny orbs wondering at the clouds which suddenly appeared even as the dazed relief and other emotions swirled in them.

 

 

 

"Justin-"

 

 

 

But Justin stopped him with a heart-stopping kiss. Brian felt the wetness against his cheeks but knew that Justin wasn't in a place where he could vocalize whatever was bothering him. Brian vowed to wait until Justin was ready to trust him completely. He hoped it would be soon.